Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 41399 times
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #138: Oct 20, 2009 11:01:28 pm
      Wrong place to be asking but apparently he might have some part to play in tomorrow night's reserve game.
      i know but i'm merley racking the brains as to who we could have available come the crunch game in 2 weeks.. fingers crossed..
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #139: Oct 20, 2009 11:02:27 pm

At present, Lyons best 11 and fiorentinas best 11 are better than ours, that's v v bad!! I v v worried that torres and masch lose patience with the club and leave, that be absolute nightmare!!!

You couldnt be more wrong there!! Our 1st 11 is alot stronger (maybe just shaky at the back)! Its the depth of the squad where things become a whole different thing!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #140: Oct 20, 2009 11:03:18 pm
      Something badly wrong is going on with Carra's positioning.

It's Carra and Insua it seems time after time.

Is Carra a god? I don't understand! shall we drown if he is playing f**king bad?  :mad:
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #141: Oct 20, 2009 11:05:34 pm
      I think we have reached critical point 4 defeats on the bounce confidence at rock bottom all our best players carrying injuries it has come to this to show up the lack of quality in this squad it is ironic Rafas job is on the line now and he is riling on HIS inferior players to get him out of this f****n massive hole he has found himself in ,when will he bite the bullet and scrap the zonal marking the fans hate it and the players hate it 90% of the goals we concede are down to it .
      to be honest the zonal marking was'nt the problem tonight or the last few weeks. Really think the players are lacking the hunger and leadeship to get to the ball first.. I hate saying this but even stevie G has played within himself so far this year.. i know he can't be expected to carry us all the time, but i have noticed a slight drop in his performance.. granted he is being moved everywhere a cover during games..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #142: Oct 20, 2009 11:05:59 pm
      I think that shows you know v v little. So if we got Kaka he ain't good because he hasn't put the jersey, messi to?? come on!!! The lads a class act - you'll find form is temporary, class is permanent

Think that shows you know very very little. Comparing Aquilani to Kaka and Messi? For Fucks sake get a grip! Even those guys I would be happy but still expect them to prove themselves. Which I'm sure as sh*t they would, but same can not be expected yet of Aquilani. Everyone who comes to Anfield has to prove them selves in a red shirt. Now F**k off ya soapbox and go watch some footy instead of saying you watch it all the time.
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #143: Oct 20, 2009 11:06:48 pm

Perhaps you'd be better suited to RAWK because not many people here are going to take your tripe much longer.
      [/quote]

Hold back a second.  For starters we have being v v poor this season thus far, hence 4 league losses so far.  Defence shocking, Lucas no where near good enough, one quality striker in the squad.  I think my opinion has being justified in fact, after all we did get beat by both the Italians and french.  And a club like ours should be walking that group, no excuses!! Its unfair to assume I'm talking complete tripe lad, as you would phrase it, I know a lot of fans who would be quite happy to see Rafa go, its mainly his style of play, I mean do we always need 2 holding mid at home to the weaker teams?? We should be going out and killing them!!!!  He is much much to defensive, footballs an entertainment, get it down and play!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #144: Oct 20, 2009 11:07:12 pm
      Clearly the players have it in them because they put in a decent 15 minute shift of being able to pass to somebody else in a red shirt.

Such a shame that for the other 75 minutes they thought they would attempt to pass to players in white shirts.

Carragher? Dismal.  I'd leave him out for United - I've seen enough from him.  I think he is suffering from early stage Alzheimer's because he gets the ball and spends a couple of seconds thinking about it.

Thought Martin Kelly put in a great shift.  Nice to see a right back who can actually defend.  Maybe Glen Johnson on the right wing?

Yossi played well.

Apart from that they were sh*t.  Lyon are a very good European side.  7 consecutive titles and a runner-up spot tells you they know all about winning.  In the Champions League you can't play sh*te and get results.

At the start of the season I didn't think we would win the Champions League so if we go out at the group stage it will save a lot of fans money on tickets, hopefully allow us to concentrate on the league and also hopefully put the owners on collision course with the bank.

The players are playing extremely poorly and well below the level they are all capable of.  They really had best pull their finger out before Sunday.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #145: Oct 20, 2009 11:08:21 pm
      Hold back a second.  For starters we have being v v poor this season thus far, hence 4 league losses so far.  Defence shocking, Lucas no where near good enough, one quality striker in the squad.  I think my opinion has being justified in fact, after all we did get beat by both the Italians and french.  And a club like ours should be walking that group, no excuses!! Its unfair to assume I'm talking complete tripe lad, as you would phrase it, I know a lot of fans who would be quite happy to see Rafa go, its mainly his style of play, I mean do we always need 2 holding mid at home to the weaker teams?? We should be going out and killing them!!!!  He is much much to defensive, footballs an entertainment, get it down and play!!!

Football's much more than entertainment pal.

Much more.

If that's all you care about - how attractive our performances are - you might be best suited supporting Madrid or Chelsea.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #146: Oct 20, 2009 11:08:48 pm
      Alonso left a big gap we all know and the mid-field sucks so Gerrard carries the burden and he's not fit so of course we aresuffering.  Those stupid long balls (to miss out the midfield) were lost everytime.  We need quality and Stevie/Carra know this - god knows what's said in the dressing room!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #147: Oct 20, 2009 11:11:13 pm
      No Gerrard + No Torres = No Liverpool, Do you like the equation Rafa? For god's sake sort it out...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #148: Oct 20, 2009 11:12:11 pm
      No Gerrard + No Torres = No Liverpool, Do you like the equation Rafa? For god's sake sort it out...

Oh you. What are you like!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #149: Oct 20, 2009 11:12:59 pm
      Careful Ross.
      lfc-gaz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #150: Oct 20, 2009 11:14:10 pm
      Think that shows you know very very little. Comparing Aquilani to Kaka and Messi? For Fucks sake get a grip! Even those guys I would be happy but still expect them to prove themselves. Which I'm sure as sh*t they would, but same can not be expected yet of Aquilani. Everyone who comes to Anfield has to prove them selves in a red shirt. Now f**k off ya soapbox and go watch some footy instead of saying you watch it all the time.

Pull your horns in.  What I'm saying is that the lad is an international for the current world champions, playing CL football for a number of years, and you still dent think hes one of out best players?? True he will have to adjust to the physical side of the game, but please dent bring this lads class into dispute, i was absolutely delighted when we got him, and think we will have better balance in the team than when xabi was there as masch can hold, and this lad gives a whole lot more attacking, he could even be deployed in the hole behind Torres, giving Gerrard the MC role, putting great tackles in and bombing forward and banging them in!! Cant wait to see the Italian as far as I'm concerned!!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #151: Oct 20, 2009 11:14:21 pm
      What the hell was Carra doing when he expected Pepe to pick up the ball... it was a good few seconds before he decided to boot it...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #152: Oct 20, 2009 11:15:18 pm
      doesnt work that way in the group stages of CL
      if were levfel on points with fiorentina the team that got the better result goes through I think

I was taking the piss if you didn't get that. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #153: Oct 20, 2009 11:16:27 pm
      What the hell was Carra doing when he expected Pepe to pick up the ball... it was a good few seconds before he decided to boot it...

He's living on another planet that lad.  If there was ever a 'name' who needed a spell on the bench then it's him.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #154: Oct 20, 2009 11:16:45 pm
      IMO our problem is centre midfield.  There's no creativity whatsoever and whoever is in there sits back and invites pressure on us, then when we do get the ball we hoofed it up field for Kuyt or Ngog to nod down to no one.  If you looked at our defensive line and Lyon's, we were sitting back deeper than them which is just wrong, especially when its at Anfield.

Lyon had two defensive midfielders playing centre back for the majority of the game, yet not including a spell at the end of the first half, we barely looked like scoring.  Insua was sh*te yet again, Masch was below par yet again, Lucas was anonymous, Kuyt was wasteful in possession yet again, Carra was shaky yet again...the only players who were remotely decent are the 3 players in the poll for MOTM.  Just a shame we have even shiter back up players to replace the ones that were sh*te yet again tonight!!

I'll not quite push the panic button yet because a win against United on Sunday could just lift everyone at the club.  Lose and the button will well and truly have been pushed.  Strangely enough, I'm confident we'll do United over this weekend. ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Yossi Benayoun Player Thread
      Reply #155: Oct 20, 2009 11:17:14 pm
      Thought it was a weird performance from Benayoun tonight.

It was like he was wondering around with the ball before deciding to... do nothing.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #156: Oct 20, 2009 11:17:16 pm

Take your 14 posts & go home!!! No Liverpool??!! never heard anything like it!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #157: Oct 20, 2009 11:17:25 pm
      Clearly the players have it in them because they put in a decent 15 minute shift of being able to pass to somebody else in a red shirt.

Such a shame that for the other 75 minutes they thought they would attempt to pass to players in white shirts.

Carragher? Dismal.  I'd leave him out for United - I've seen enough from him.  I think he is suffering from early stage Alzheimer's because he gets the ball and spends a couple of seconds thinking about it.

Thought Martin Kelly put in a great shift.  Nice to see a right back who can actually defend.  Maybe Glen Johnson on the right wing?

Yossi played well.

Apart from that they were sh*t.  Lyon are a very good European side.  7 consecutive titles and a runner-up spot tells you they know all about winning.  In the Champions League you can't play sh*te and get results.

At the start of the season I didn't think we would win the Champions League so if we go out at the group stage it will save a lot of fans money on tickets, hopefully allow us to concentrate on the league and also hopefully put the owners on collision course with the bank.

The players are playing extremely poorly and well below the level they are all capable of.  They really had best pull their finger out before Sunday.

Much the same points I wanted to make.

After a not too bad a first half, we just decided to throw it away second half. It's alright moaning at the manager like some have done, but the players need a big bollocking too. What has happened to our defence, from looking imperious and unlikely to concede much, they've fallen apart and at the same time seem to feeling sorry for themselves.

I also agree that maybe going out of the Champions League and the money that goes with it, which c**t and c**t are banking on, might just force their hand on selling!

All in all pretty grim stuff and the faces on everyone walking out the ground told it's own story.

For any manc wanting to venture in over the next couple of days, I'm warning you now, I might not hold back, I really feel like twatting something at the moment.

Depressed of Huyton!
      kopfan09
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      Reply #158: Oct 20, 2009 11:18:06 pm
      Has Raffa lost the players confidence? A nightmare result before Sunday and those manu scum :f_steam:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #159: Oct 20, 2009 11:18:42 pm

You might want to include Mascherano and Pepe as well!
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #160: Oct 20, 2009 11:19:26 pm
      I know the Lyon keeper pulled off a great save but Aureilio should not have given him a chance to save it. we need to be much more clinical when we get the chances. This would have ended Lyon as a threat had it of gone in.. Ngog had a great chance to score twice and neither times reacted quick enough. as much as babel is out of favour he is better than ngog

Quick Reply