Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 40250 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #276: Oct 21, 2009 01:16:37 am
      YES ITS TERRIBLE AND SHAMEFULL TO HERE BOOS IN ANFIELD, bUT WE MUST FACE REALITY, THE MANAGERS TIME IS UP, HE HAS BEEN FOUND OUT , AND THOSE PLAYERS MENTIONED HOW MANY WUD GET INTO THE MANCS TEAM OR CHELSKI FOR THAT MATTER.

Exactly, enough with the caps. it's the equivalent of a child screaming and shouting because they're not getting enough attention.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #277: Oct 21, 2009 01:18:10 am
      CMON, WE HAVE GO TO ASPIRE TO MORE... THAN JUST ALSO RANS..AND RANTING ON BOUT PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT WON THE LEAGUE TITLE OR NOT LIKELY TO IS POINTLESS..WE NEED TO REBUILD NOW AROUND T AND G

I hope you get banned.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #278: Oct 21, 2009 01:19:14 am
      CMON, WE HAVE GO TO ASPIRE TO MORE... THAN JUST ALSO RANS..AND RANTING ON BOUT PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT WON THE LEAGUE TITLE OR NOT LIKELY TO IS POINTLESS..WE NEED TO REBUILD NOW AROUND T AND G

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.................
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #279: Oct 21, 2009 01:19:23 am
      If we get knocked out of the CL this year I know exactly what I'll do and it's gonna be the owners I blow up first - it'll be worth serving time for it.  I'll bet they were both enjoying a malt whiskey blissfully unaware we were in a crucial clash tonight with more f***ing injuries to add to the list C*rist
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #280: Oct 21, 2009 01:20:22 am
      He's a bluenose pr**k on a wind-up.

Maybe if we get knocked out ot the Champions League, we can meet them in the Europa League knockout rounds.

I'm not so sure mate, FC BATE Borisov might have a say in preventing that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #281: Oct 21, 2009 01:21:34 am
      Just to add to this...

It's the button under the one that says Tab and above the one that says Shift. I would suggest you seriously look into Shift - Shifting back off to RedCafe ruins.

Just to further add. I've found the big delete button.

Won't be long til the big ban button comes into play.

Back on topic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #282: Oct 21, 2009 01:25:52 am
      As a few  said in the pre-match thread, would of preferred us to have gone back to 4-4-2 rather than continue with the lone-striker, I thought N'Gog did alright and tried, he just needed some support at times.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #283: Oct 21, 2009 01:25:57 am
      Oh mate i know that, don't worry. I just mean for quite awhile before the 60's we had gone downhill and no where, dark days in there.

Ah sorry, my mistake then. And you're quite right we were a second division side for a large part of the 50s and didn't really look like becoming a top flight side again.

So this club has seen darker days than the ones we're facing right now on the pitch, off it we probably haven't.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #284: Oct 21, 2009 01:29:26 am
      As a few  said in the pre-match thread, would of preferred us to have gone back to 4-4-2 rather than continue with the lone-striker, I thought N'Gog did alright and tried, he just needed some support at times.

Echo that.  Not many players are good enough to play up front on their own. Torres is World Class and is up to the job.

Hard work to expect the same of N'gog.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #285: Oct 21, 2009 01:33:37 am
      Gonna stay positive Martin Kelly Masch & Pepe all played well. Ngog had it very hard today but still was unlucky not to score he obviously needs a couple more years. Benny played well once Stevie was taken off (I really think CAM/CF is his best posistion). Other than that I think a lot of our team are in it for a free ride.

One thing that let me down was the crowd bemoaning Bennys sub for Voronin I know he isn't most peoples favourite player but I don't see how people can boo a player that wears the Liverpool shirt without him even kicking the ball
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #286: Oct 21, 2009 01:36:09 am
      Forgot to add, but when I mentioned about Montse leaving the director's box in tears, it also said on Radio City that Gillett was there tonight and took a huge amount of abuse at the final whistle.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #287: Oct 21, 2009 01:40:49 am
      Ah sorry, my mistake then. And you're quite right we were a second division side for a large part of the 50s and didn't really look like becoming a top flight side again.

So this club has seen darker days than the ones we're facing right now on the pitch, off it we probably haven't.

Very much so, on the pitch we are in sh*te, but no where near to the extent of what is happening off it.

I hope this serves as a wake up call to Gillett if he was there. Doesn't take a genius to work out this was a classic example of our lack of depth and cutting edge.

Think im hoping for to much from the w**ker though, blind tw*t that he is ::)
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #288: Oct 21, 2009 01:41:16 am
      Forgot to add, but when I mentioned about Montse leaving the director's box in tears, it also said on Radio City that Gillett was there tonight and took a huge amount of abuse at the final whistle.

Don't tell me she was getting abuse too?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #289: Oct 21, 2009 01:41:19 am
      One thing that let me down was the crowd bemoaning Bennys sub for Voronin I know he isn't most peoples favourite player but I don't see how people can boo a player that wears the Liverpool shirt without him even kicking the ball

Think that was more to do with the removal of Yossi to be honest mate. The booing started when Yossi started to head towards the bench. Wasn't happy with myself though.

Forgot to add, but when I mentioned about Montse leaving the director's box in tears

Didn't even know about that?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #290: Oct 21, 2009 01:43:25 am
      Didn't hear about that myself.

Didn't know Gillett was there.  Fans in the Main Stand are a bunch of sh*t-houses. I'd have let him know all game what I thought of him if I was anywhere near the w**ker.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #291: Oct 21, 2009 01:43:37 am
      HEY TONYBRO!  How about turning off the caps lock, you f***in' moron!

Secondly, Torres,Alonso, Mascherano, Reina could or I'm sorry, as you stated, "WUD" all start and play for your precious Man. United. If you dont think so then you know nothing about Football and should watch NASCAR instead.

If your going to come onto a LFC Forum, knowing full well your not an LFC Supporter, at least come up with something worth debating instead of just talkng sh*t.  I'm sure their are 1000's of Man U. and Chelsea bandwagon forums you can hitch your bullshit too and you can all stroke eachother.

So, in case you didn't figure it out.  F**k OFF!

Please, could a Moderator ban this asshole already!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #292: Oct 21, 2009 01:43:48 am
      Good I hope the fans slated Gillette - muppet SELL your shares and get out our club we LOVE it patently dont    :f_steam:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #293: Oct 21, 2009 01:44:20 am
      Didn't hear about that myself.

Didn't know Gillett was there.  Fans in the Main Stand are a bunch of sh*t-houses. I'd have let him know all game what I thought of him if I was anywhere near the w**ker.

As well as knocking out anybody who boos. On a bit of a one man mission aren't we mate :laugh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #294: Oct 21, 2009 01:44:41 am

Done about 30 minutes ago.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #295: Oct 21, 2009 01:45:40 am
      As well as knocking out anybody who boos. On a bit of a one man mission aren't we mate :laugh:

If you were sitting in front, next to or near Gillett you wouldn't tell him what a c**t he was?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #296: Oct 21, 2009 01:49:20 am

Sorry mate, weren't we quick enough?  ;D

If you were sitting in front, next to or near Gillett you wouldn't tell him what a c**t he was?

Ross Kemp would be doing a documentary all about me.

By the way, I haven't mentioned this player yet. And he deserves a mention. I thought Kelly made a good impression of himself in that game. Hat's off to the lad.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #297: Oct 21, 2009 01:49:28 am
      When Rafa make a sub. Does he talk to Sammy and co about it? How can they always have some socking subs?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #298: Oct 21, 2009 01:50:52 am
      Don't tell me she was getting abuse too?

Don't think so, think it was more the abuse Rafa was getting and the boo's at the end too.

Breaks my heart that some people can't see how much Rafa and Montse love OUR city AND club!

Quick Reply