Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

SOS - Tom and George - You're Not Welcome Here

Read 10775 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      SOS - Tom and George - You're Not Welcome Here
      Oct 21, 2009 01:53:33 pm
      Tom and George - You're Not Welcome Here
      Wed 21 Oct 2009

Tom Hicks and George Gillett are, according to our sources, planning to attend this Sunday's game against Manchester United at Anfield. Being the massive football (soccer?) fans that they are, they couldn't afford to miss a big game such as this. They don't have to afford the trip, as no doubt a claim for expenses will soon be submitted to LFC for the cost of their stay. This is an opportunity we can't afford to miss.

Whilst their arrival will no doubt bring with it fresh speculation, about rifts and friendships, sales and investment, we have to make ourselves heard. We have to tell them, and the watching world, that quite simply, they aren't welcome here. Broken promise after broken promise, lie after lie, has become too much for fans to accept from these "custodians" who, quite frankly, donā€™t know the meaning of the word. It's time for Tom Hicks and George Gillett to get the message, sell the club (all of it) and leave, allowing us to finally move forward from this sorry mess.

We urge everyone who cares about Liverpool Football Club, whether going to the match or not, to make their voices heard. Firstly, tell Tom Hicks yourself. Email him at thicks@hicksholdings.com telling him why he's not 't welcome here. If you need some pointers on what to say, this is what Spirit Of Shankly has sent to them:

Dear Tom/George

Youā€™ve been at our club for over two and a half years now. And in that time what have you achieved? Very little, other than a lot of hatred from fans, and a number of all expenses paid trips to Liverpool to watch that strange game called soccer. Please excuse the tone, but to be honest, it has gone past the point of us fans really caring what you think anymore.

All we care about is our football club, our history and traditions, and our future. To us, you play no part in that future ā€“ especially not if we want to be successful and keep moving forward. You will leave a black mark on the history of our football club. You have dragged us back, and this season, you have made us stand still, whilst other clubs move forward. The broken promises and repeated lies have caused anger, and there is nothing you can do to change that. You can claim all you like that the media make things up, but they didnā€™t make the debt up, they didnā€™t say they would put a spade in the ground in 60 days, and they didn't say that they would back the manager ā€“ You did. The pair of you donā€™t get on, and you canā€™t even lie without contradicting yourselves.

So do one thing for us fans. Leave. Sell the club, clear the debt, take the profit and go away. Because you, or your fellow ā€œcustodianā€ are not welcome here anymore!

Spirit Of Shankly

There will be a march taking place prior to Sunday's game. Meeting on Sunday at Noon outside the LFC Supporters Club on Lower Breck Road, it is a perfect opportunity for all of us, to stand as one, and speak as one, with one clear message - Tom and George, You're Not Welcome Here!

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2009 03:38:58 pm by JD »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: SOS - Tom and George - You're Not Welcome Here
      Reply #1: Oct 21, 2009 02:02:20 pm
      Saw that this morning.  His email address is very appropriate I have to say!

"GET OUT OF OUR CLUB"
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #2: Oct 21, 2009 02:32:35 pm
      Does anyone know the address of the other c**t?  I can be very eloquent if I put my mind to it and would love to send them both the same message.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #3: Oct 21, 2009 02:43:13 pm
      It was on the SOS facebook page today but it didn't work apparently.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Oct 21, 2009 08:15:44 pm
      I hope they get f'cking hounded Sunday, we really need to show them the hatred we have towards them. This is our opportunity, if they are still here by the start of next season we are f'cked.

We need to show it's them we want out not Rafa.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5: Oct 21, 2009 08:31:24 pm
      cu*ts.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #6: Oct 22, 2009 10:51:27 am
      i think them backing rafa was a wicked precautious ploy, cuz they quite possibly know that they willl be booed sunday at Anfield.
      GO AND MAKE THEM LEAVE OUR CLUB LADS! supports from iran
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Oct 22, 2009 12:07:03 pm
      You Lying bas**rds, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Oct 22, 2009 12:44:46 pm
      Sent the pr**k a nice little message.

F**k off out of this club once and for all.

I hope this march gathers a lot of momentum and media interest.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #9: Oct 22, 2009 02:15:01 pm
      If they want to stay at this club get Villa and Silva in and get the builders in at Stanley Park until that happens you are just lying arseholes. How much damage do you want to do before you realise your investment(ha ha ha) will diminsh no CL or european football next year and its meltdown and Leeds all over again.Get out now before its too late.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #10: Oct 22, 2009 09:59:28 pm
      Tom and George - You're Not Welcome Here
      Wed 21 Oct 2009

There will be a march taking place prior to Sunday's game. Meeting on Sunday at Noon outside the LFC Supporters Club on Lower Breck Road, it is a perfect opportunity for all of us, to stand as one, and speak as one, with one clear message - Tom and George, You're Not Welcome Here!

I'm not going to the game,but I'm down for the march,and would urge as many Reds as possible to attend.We are Liverpool, but we're in the wrong hands.Well past the time for the gobsh*tes to go.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #11: Oct 22, 2009 10:16:49 pm
      I'll be up for a bit of a march before the game I reckon :)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Oct 22, 2009 10:17:26 pm

For gay pride?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2009 10:18:35 pm

No mate, that's the festival you went to the other week.

To get a pair of cu*ts out of the greatest club in the world.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2009 11:44:59 pm
      Mate,if you want a pint make yourself known. Ok Ross you can have a shandy as well, as long as you behave yourself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #15: Oct 23, 2009 12:29:23 pm
      Liverpool on Red alert: 10,000 fans to protest march on Anfield as Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney lose fitness battles ahead of crunch clash
      by JOHN EDWARDS

Angry Liverpool fans are planning a 10,000-strong protest march on Sunday in a renewed attempt to drive co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett out of Anfield.

Liverpool will step up security for the visit of Manchester United in an eagerly anticipated clash, which is likely to be played out without home skipper Steven Gerrard and United talisman Wayne Rooney.

As the crisis at Anfield grows, supporters group Spirit of Shankly have reacted to the Americans' expected presence at the crunch Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester United by organising a demonstration against them

Around 4,000 banner-waving protesters descended on the famous old ground prior to last season's match against United but such is the strength of feeling at the club that at least double are expected on Sunday.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been in the firing line since Tuesday, when his side were beaten 2-1 by Lyon in the Champions League - their fourth consecutive defeat.

Reflecting on Liverpool's worst losing streak for 22 years, SoS spokesman Paul Gardner said: 'There are two culprits - Gillett and Hicks.

'They are the ones who put us into Ā£245million worth of debt, promised us a stadium which has not been built, took money out of the club to pay for their own expenses. We want the owners out now.'

Liverpool Supporters Club spokesman Les Lawson it won't be easy to oust the Americans, but he won't be deterred.

'There have been protests before, but the Americans do have elephant-thick skin,' said Lawson,

'But there is no point in sitting back and doing nothing. This will be a direct action to keep the campaign in the public eye.

'There are plenty of other things going on behind the scenes to keep the campaign going, though. The fans have to do something to show their anger at the way Liverpool is being run.'

There is mixed news on the injury front, with Gerrard expected to be ruled out but Fernando Torres likely to win his fight for fitness, along with Glen Johnson.

Rooney remains a doubt for United. The England striker has been out with a calf injury since England's World Cup qualifier in Ukraine a fortnight ago.

Benitez needs a positive response to stay within range of the Premier League pacesetters and silence the doubters as to his position. But he has warned fans his Ā£20m summer signing Alberto Aquilani will not be making an impact for some time.

The Italian will not play against United and Benitez said: 'Always, with a new player, we talk about the problems they have settling down because the Premier League is quick and more physical.

'So for a new player who has been injured, like Alberto, it will be even more difficult.'

Although Jose Mourinho is known to be the preferred choice of Hicks and Gillett to take over from Benitez, the cost of paying him off, as revealed in Sportsmail yesterday, and financing the Inter Milan boss's arrival and transfer demands would prove prohibitive.

Benitez knows victory against United would go a long way to silencing his critics while dispelling a growing theory that Liverpool rely too heavily on Gerrard and Torres.

Chelsea skipper John Terry chipped in by saying: 'When Stevie Gerrard and Fernando Torres get injured, they seem to be short in the squad they've got. If you take Torres out of their team, who do they bring in? It's difficult.

'We have players who are not here only to make up the numbers.'

Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge underlined the significance of avoiding a fifth straight defeat by saying: 'How the season unfolds could hinge on this game. You can tell confidence is low but this is where you find out about them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1222365/Liverpool-Red-alert-10-000-fans-plan-protest-march-Gerrard-set-miss-United-clash.html
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Oct 23, 2009 01:32:05 pm
      10,000 only?

Honestly why the whole of Anfield, 40,000 odd can't be there just a little earlier for the demostration. Every little helps to get this yank bas**rds out!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Oct 23, 2009 04:11:00 pm
      10,000 only?

Honestly why the whole of Anfield, 40,000 odd can't be there just a little earlier for the demostration. Every little helps to get this yank bas**rds out!!

On the march last season before the manc game, there were plenty of people happy to just watch us march on by and not get involved. Funny how so many people want these owners gone but are not prepared to TRY to make a difference themselves and just expect everyone else to do it.

It could seriously be too late one day so as many people as possible should put their pint glass down and get involved. You only have to see the way I said at the beginning of my post 'on the march last season before the manc game'. It's basically been a year since 4,000 odd reds tried to make a difference, yet now we're in a worse position with these two thugs.

I'll be coming down the road....
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #18: Oct 23, 2009 04:33:30 pm
      I'll be there. Is Lower Breck Road anywhere near the ground?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Oct 23, 2009 05:00:38 pm
      I'll be there. Is Lower Breck Road anywhere near the ground?

Facing the Cabbage mate. You know how to get to the Cabbage don't you?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #20: Oct 23, 2009 05:20:59 pm
      Facing the Cabbage mate. You know how to get to the Cabbage don't you?

Aye JD told me. Just go straight down the road passing the corner of the Kop and Centenary stands don't I? Just having a look on Google Maps. I can see that the Cabbage Hall is on Breck Road. Is that the actual Cabbage pub? Do I turn right onto Breck Road or cross over and keep going straight onto Lower Breck Road?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Oct 23, 2009 06:53:20 pm
      Looking forward to it.

It's be nice to have more than 10,000 marching but as Kenny said, there's plenty of gobshites who see it as a nice opportunity to get a few views on YouTube.

My message to them is "Stop filming from the walls at the sides and f*cking join in you whoppers." The more the better in this case.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #22: Oct 24, 2009 03:17:16 am
      Really wish i could take part in this, would love the chance to get close to the bas**rds and tell them how i feel. Certainly will be writing a message to the c**t though.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2009 03:19:57 am
      Really wish I could take part in this, would love the chance to get close to the bas**rds and tell them how I feel. Certainly will be writing a message to the c**t though.

Remember to have the message all over with vulgarities :D
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2009 03:47:01 am
      Looking forward to it.

It's be nice to have more than 10,000 marching but as Kenny said, there's plenty of gobshites who see it as a nice opportunity to get a few views on YouTube.

My message to them is "Stop filming from the walls at the sides and f*cking join in you whoppers." The more the better in this case.
      Putting the videos on You Tube could generate more publicity, further helping get the point across though.

Wish everyone all the luck in the world. We know how stubborn those 2 pricks are...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2009 03:11:43 pm
      Aye JD told me. Just go straight down the road passing the corner of the Kop and Centenary stands don't I? Just having a look on Google Maps. I can see that the Cabbage Hall is on Breck Road. Is that the actual Cabbage pub? Do I turn right onto Breck Road or cross over and keep going straight onto Lower Breck Road?

Have a look on Google Maps again. From the Kop, you walk down Walton Breck Road to where it meets Breck Road/Townsend Lane. The Cabbage is there, and the Supporters Club is over the road. You won't miss it mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2009 06:29:36 pm
      BBC1 North West news last night asked Benitez if the protests would affect the players today. He gave one of those little Rafa grins, the one he does when he's up to something, and said "the fans are brilliant they can do whatever they like."

He Knows!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Oct 25, 2009 12:20:43 am
      HR too right he knows.Tomorrow severel thousand of us will be "coming down the road",and we will continue to do so until the gobshites leave our club.
      This is now becoming a LFC jehad.Bring it on.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Oct 25, 2009 01:07:49 am
      Remember to have the message all over with vulgarities :D

You know thats the only way I do things Charlie mate :D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #29: Oct 25, 2009 02:25:27 am
      You know thats the only way I do things Charlie mate :D

;)

Think paulrobbo there are so many people at the march all you just have to do is ask for a couple of directions. Don't think your eyes will overlook a quarter of Anfield marching down a road with such intensity. It's impossible.

Quick Reply