Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General transfer discussion - January 2010

Read 86593 times
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 126 posts |
      General transfer discussion - January 2010
      Oct 21, 2009 06:13:36 pm
      We all know our squad lacks the depth of the other challengers so who can we bring in in January to help us!
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2009 11:41:57 pm by redkenny »
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 126 posts |
      Re: So who are we going to bring in January to solve the squad problem?
      Reply #1: Oct 21, 2009 06:14:46 pm
      Am watching the scum game and the number 17 for CSKA think his name was Krasic looks handy as hell! A player who is not afraid to run at the opposition & make things happen!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Oct 21, 2009 06:45:36 pm
      Thierry Henry IMO. Barca want Robinho and if they get him then it wont be Ibra or Messi that makes way meaning Henry will be on the bench and can't see him being happy with that.

He has declared that we are one of his favoured clubs and we have no other striker with a world class pedigree so be it a change of formation and 2 up front or he is just used as back up, either way I reckon he would be a worthwile signing. We wont get many season out of him but he still has his pace and all his ability that he had at Arsenal, given his age and experience he could work wonders with the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco.

He could also have a massive impact on Torres because the whole of the other teams defence wouldn't be targeting just him.

Would also be able to get him pretty cheap I reckon.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Oct 21, 2009 06:53:42 pm
      I don't know but we need to spend about £80 million because our squad is just way to weak, if as the media is reporting only going to be about £12 million the Yanks better be ready to put there hands in there pockets to pay the interest repayments next year because we will really struggle to finish in the top four.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #4: Oct 21, 2009 06:56:18 pm
      12mil?
      Hmmm

Possibilities with that?
      Splash it all on 1 of....
      C.Cole?
      Krasic (CSKA Moscow winger - like him for a long time now)
      ermm....
      Henry? ::)

Any thoughts? :/
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 126 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 21, 2009 07:26:04 pm
      All 3 are good shouts for sure! Carlton Cole looks like he is really coming into his own this year but then if we go in for him will West Ham accept £12m??! They will prob demand in the region of £20m which is outrageous but thats how it goes.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #6: Oct 21, 2009 07:30:55 pm
      If we spend £12 mil on a striker an dhe doesnt score 20 league goals people will say Rafa bought a donkey again.We need to be psending upwards of £20mil on forwards if they are going to be what we need.
      We need a loan deal for someone out of favor at Real or Barca not Carlton Cole IMHO.MAybe those who criticise Rafa could put forward a few names.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #7: Oct 21, 2009 07:32:22 pm
      We should buy that delgado gheezer and stick him in the reserves. That'll teach him to score a late goal against us!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 21, 2009 09:21:40 pm
      I would love to see Danny Murphy back at Anfield - Sure he's knocking on in footballing terms - But he's still a class act & some one who show's composure on the football and make's things happen.
      Another player i admire is Taylor from Bolton, I can't see them coming to Anfield and i don't think too many here will agree, but i think both would benefit our squad tremendously -Especially Murphy-
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Oct 21, 2009 09:27:34 pm
      Henry is a well good shout, Kenny. I'd love to see him here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Oct 21, 2009 09:29:55 pm
      Eileen Drewery, Glenn Hoddle's faith healer and spiritual guru, she'll sort the lads out  and fit right in with our transfer budget   :f_whistle:
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #11: Oct 21, 2009 11:00:24 pm
      Didi on a free, as he is out of contract?? Maybe teach lucas a few tricks?

& as for loan, maybe Van Der Vaart from Real? Link up with Kuyt on the right flank, allow Dirk to go back to CF or attacking midfield with Stevie?

But if we do sign anyone, H&G need to pull their fingers out their arses for once in their lives and back Rafa

F**king useless american wan*ers
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #12: Oct 21, 2009 11:03:32 pm
      I wish clubs released a transfer list of some sort :lmao: then we'd know who is up for grabs hahaha
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #13: Oct 21, 2009 11:08:57 pm
      Michah Richards, to calm our defence. Carlton cole is a good shout aswell, but i think pacheco should be given a chance and get rid of voranin.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #14: Oct 21, 2009 11:10:15 pm
      It'd be either one or the other mate :lmao:
      Maybe M.Richards + VDV on loan hopefully
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #15: Oct 21, 2009 11:33:26 pm
      Henry and Matty Taylor are both good shouts.

But we need players who actually have to quality to play for us, not sign people just to make the numbers up.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #16: Oct 21, 2009 11:36:33 pm
      And thats why i said spend the whole budget on one player and hopefully get a loanee
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17: Oct 21, 2009 11:41:26 pm
      And thats why I said spend the whole budget on one player and hopefully get a loanee
      Agreed, one quality player and maybe a few Madrid rejects on loan i.e. Drenthe, VDV, just the usual suspects really. Quality not quantity.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Oct 21, 2009 11:46:22 pm
      I've said it once and I'll say it again

It's been said/reported were receiving 12 million in January to strengthen the squad

Flog Dossena for 4 million

Flog Voronin for 4 million

Flog Riera for  10 million

That gives Rafa 30 million to play with sign David Silva for 25 million for two reasons he's Quality and he wont be cup tied for the second phase of the Champions league if we qualify.

That leaves Rafa 5 million to bring a veteran striker in who can get us through to the following summer to cover for Torres if injured needs resting etc.

Now before you all start screaming about depth realistically how much game time is Voronin or Dossena going to get ?, Riera has been blowing hot and cold since he joined and your upgrading him with sheer quality strengthening our starting XI and bringing in an experienced striker who can not do any worse than Voronin as that can not be possible can it ?

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Oct 21, 2009 11:47:46 pm
      It is interesting that people mention Van Der Vaart.

That night I met the Dutch squad I briefly chatted to Rafael told him I was a big fan of his and his style of football, when I said that I wished he signed this summer for Liverpool  his response was "It wasn't up to me".

Make of that what you want, but yet again I will interpret it as that we were skint and couldnt table a decent offer.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #20: Oct 21, 2009 11:52:18 pm

That night I met the Dutch squad I briefly chatted to Rafael told him I was a big fan of his and his style of football, when I said that I wished he signed this summer for Liverpool  his response was "It wasn't up to me".

Make of that what you want, but yet again I will interpret it as that we were skint and couldnt table a decent offer.
      F**k, you making me more depressed! If we couldn't afford VDV, then that shows how low the funds are we received in summer, Real were trying to flog him to anyone, think 8mill was the figure, and we couldn't manager that?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #21: Oct 21, 2009 11:57:14 pm
      Darby, Pacheco, Ecclestone, Spearing, Kelly, Ayala, Amoo and bring Nemeth back from his loan spell.

When you're skint like we are, you have to use what's available to you. You have to invest heavily in the youth of the club.

The squad is thread bare as it is, which makes it harder to flog players to raise money and even if Rafa did sell some of the deadwood I'd be surprised to see him get all of it back to go out and bring in a replacement. So whatever happens, the youth has to be promoted. If we sell the likes of Riera, Babel, Voronin, Dossena to raise a few bob (and it would be just that), then the youngsters will have to pushed up to fill the gaps as we're not gonna be able to find good enough replacements on the money we've got.

And even if we don't sell anybody, the reported 12 million isn't enough to get the players in we need so again trust has to be into the younger lads.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #22: Oct 21, 2009 11:58:50 pm

I reckon it was more to do with us wanting the full money for Alonso, otherwise I'm sure Rafa would have tried to make him part of the deal.

Quick Reply