Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United (EPL 25/10/09 2:00pm)

Read 21419 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United (EPL 25/10/09 2:00pm)
      Reply #161: Oct 25, 2009 09:56:23 am
      Anybody know who pass/fail the final fitness test among stevie, el nino and glen

Are you sitting comfortably?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,342 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #162: Oct 25, 2009 09:58:00 am
      Wow!! lots of venom on this thread  ;D Its not often any team go to Anfield as fav to beat Liverpool on their home turf. Wish i had the same confidants as the bookies... It looks like its going to be one hell of a game on paper. Lets hope it lives up to all the hype... Good luck to both teams.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #163: Oct 25, 2009 09:58:01 am
      Anybody know who pass/fail the final fitness test among stevie, el nino and glen

No, need this for the Pred League! and for my nerves.
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2009 10:17:48 am by RedPuppy »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #164: Oct 25, 2009 10:14:29 am
      I'm up and nervs are beginning to kick in.

I can't wait though. Bring on the game and the result I say - worst comes to worst, at least we still support the best club going. And we're not sheep.

Come on you Reds!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #165: Oct 25, 2009 10:27:31 am
      This was the team that did the bussiness last year.

Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Keane, Kuyt.

3 of the players are not here now, some of the others are not preforming too well.

Just pray that we can lift our game to a level not seen this year.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #166: Oct 25, 2009 10:27:49 am
      Come on you mighty reds!!!

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #167: Oct 25, 2009 10:29:15 am
      F**k all else is going to coerce Liverpool fans to force these fuckers out the club - so it's needs must in my eyes

No matter what the situation, a Liverpool fan should never hope for a rival team win over us. I want the yanks gone as much as the next guy, but I would rather win the league, and the only way we can win the league is by winning games. This win would be crucial to our title hopes.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #168: Oct 25, 2009 10:31:20 am
      This was the team that did the bussiness last year.

Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Keane, Kuyt.

3 of the players are not here now, some of the others are not preforming too well.

Just pray that we can lift our game to a level not seen this year.

This is the game that we forget about our problems on and off the pitch. We don't need any encouragement to go out there and show them a footballing lesson.

I would put Aquilani on the bench, even if not to be used but as an extra worry factor for Slur Alex.

I am not feeling too nervous about this, just praying that we have the power to dominate the game from start to finish.

We have all been told how we are finished without G&T but Manure could be without Rio and Rooney so that could be a big factor. (I would prefer Rio to play because he has been woeful this season).
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #169: Oct 25, 2009 10:34:10 am
      We need a Man Utd win today I'm afraid to provoke the uprising
      Stop been a F***ing knobhead,no liverpool fan ever wants a utd victory ....tit
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #170: Oct 25, 2009 10:46:10 am
      Liverpool v Manchester United: Javier Mascherano seeks inspiration from Argentina
      Javier Mascherano has urged Liverpool to follow the example set by Argentina, who broke a losing run to book a place in the World Cup finals, insisting victory over Manchester United could have the same rejuvenating influence on morale.

Rafael Benítez’s management has been openly questioned this week, although Mascherano has made it clear that the fault lies with the players, not the manager.

And the Argentina captain can see a parallel between his country’s dramatic late qualification for South Africa and Liverpool’s current crisis.

He said: “I am relaxed now that Argentina have qualified for the World Cup finals, I can concentrate only on Liverpool.

“I can think of Liverpool and not Argentina. This is not a good situation at the club, and I want to give Liverpool my best.

“I am captain of my country, and we were really under pressure in the final two qualifying games; people said we were out, that was very difficult.

“But we won both those games. We have qualified. Maybe it will be the same for Liverpool now if we start to win, things will start to happen for us like they did for my country.

“We must not think of the past. We must beat United for ourselves, for our supporters, for the team. We must keep going.”

Liverpool, who suffered a 1-0 Champions League loss to Lyon in midweek, expect to have Fernando Torres and Glen Johnson back from injury, but captain Steven Gerrard is a serious worry with his groin problem.

“We have a very important game now with Manchester United. We must stop thinking and worrying about what happened against Lyon,” said Mascherano

“If we can beat United then the confidence will be back, it is important to do that.

“We beat them twice last season. We know what we are capable of. Hopefully our form will be like that on Sunday.

“We have to do the right things and put away our chances.

“It is a difficult situation, we have lost four in a row. But do not forget that is a team who last season were doing very well, we must keep going and working.

“We must win the next game, against Manchester United. If you have confidence you can do anything.

“The team is not playing well, and a lot of players are not in the best form. That is not good and we are losing confidence, but we have to believe that we can overcome this.”

“Even without Steven, or Fernando, we believe we can still win matches. We won a lot of games last season without the pair of them on the pitch together.

“But obviously they are our key players and we do need them back against United.

“We are trying all the time to give our best. Maybe now we have to show character, personality and hard work.

“It is difficult. Liverpool is not a team that loses a lot of games. Now we have lost six games this season, that is different for us and difficult.

“We cannot let that bother us. We must think only of winning on Sunday. That will bring back the confidence.

“We can still win the league, but we must start winning and stop dropping so many points.”
      Telegraph

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #171: Oct 25, 2009 10:46:36 am

Entitled to your opinion, of course, but will you stop making it twenty times in a row? ::) There's nothing that gets more on my nerves than people who sound like a stuck record. You've made your point, now move on.

Well excited for the match, nervous but reasonably confident. Our seeming lack of determination will surely be put aside before such a huge encounter, and if the lads show the right spirit there's no reason we can't win this.

The only downside is our injuries, so many players coming back or on the edge of full fitness it's absurd. I hope the staff will make the right decisions, and only put in players who are sure at 100% - I don't think we can afford to play someone who isn't giving it their all as they have the injury in the back of their mind.

Probably will be a close one, decided by just one or two key actions. No dallying on the ball, full concentration for the full 90!

Come on Liverpool !!!!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #172: Oct 25, 2009 10:52:34 am

Tell me again, you are a Liverpool fan? Hell man, looks like a f**king retard with a bad case of bad breath! I'm not surprised coming out from you but then just get the f**k off from here.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #173: Oct 25, 2009 10:52:51 am
      Why the hell did the clocks have to go back this weekend ffs

im really looking forward to todays game, i think its just the kick up the arse we need to get our season going

2-1 liverpool i think
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #174: Oct 25, 2009 10:54:01 am
      No matter what the situation, a Liverpool fan should never hope for a rival team win over us. I want the yanks gone as much as the next guy, but I would rather win the league, and the only way we can win the league is by winning games. This win would be crucial to our title hopes.

ask yourself - when was the last protest march?
      I don't remember anything of significance last year - the last serious one I can think of was 2 years ago with the whole Klinsman thing - the only way we're going to be able to unite and put serious pressure on the owners is if we can devote all of our energies in doing so  
      ie - there's nothing for us to cheer on the pitch - look at Utd; they are as opposed to their own Yanks as we to ours, but so long as they're winning everything is rosy.
      Rather than this sh*t ambling on for another 2,3,4,5 years, I want an all out confrontation between the fans and owners - and it would seem that the only thing which is going to provoke that is chaos on the pitch – so come on Man Utd and even more importantly come on Lyon!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #175: Oct 25, 2009 11:12:30 am
      Give this blert a ban!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #176: Oct 25, 2009 11:15:43 am
      I don't remember anything of significance last year - the last serious one I can think of was 2 years ago with the whole Klinsman thing - the only way we're going to be able to unite and put serious pressure on the owners is if we can devote all of our energies in doing so  
      ie - there's nothing for us to cheer on the pitch - look at Utd; they are as opposed to their own Yanks as we to ours, but so long as they're winning everything is rosy.
      Rather than this sh*t ambling on for another 2,3,4,5 years, I want an all out confrontation between the fans and owners - and it would seem that the only thing which is going to provoke that is chaos on the pitch – so come on Man Utd and even more importantly come on Lyon!

When its a game like this i dont agree with protest marches full stop. for fucks sake we are in the same position as utd were in last year after the same amount of games..and if you want to see liverpool bankrupt and sliding down the league you are a bellend... :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #177: Oct 25, 2009 11:18:34 am

Look. This may be your opinion ... but it's sh*te.

The last "big march" was this same fixture last year, so please do get your facts right before posting the drivel you come out with.

If you're going to cheer for United, you'd be best leaving this forum. You're on extremely thin ice right now, and I'm seeing you as a potential WUM here to do nothing but cause trouble.

Either you get your priorities sorted out, or you leave the forum.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #178: Oct 25, 2009 11:27:32 am
      yeah the nerves are kicking in big time. a win could set us up for a decent run whereas defeat is unthinkable.
      no matter what happens the important thing is that every Liverpool fan sticks together and supports
      the team.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #179: Oct 25, 2009 11:31:37 am
      There better be a F***ing savage atmosphere today a sh*t load of Rafa chants...
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #180: Oct 25, 2009 11:34:11 am
      I hope we do the scum today as work tmoro with a load of them giving it the large one wont be good. C'mon you mighty reds
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #181: Oct 25, 2009 11:36:36 am
      Look. This may be your opinion ... but it's sh*te.

The last "big march" was this same fixture last year, so please do get your facts right before posting the drivel you come out with.

If you're going to cheer for United, you'd be best leaving this forum. You're on extremely thin ice right now, and I'm seeing you as a potential WUM here to do nothing but cause trouble.

Either you get your priorities sorted out, or you leave the forum.

My priority is LFC - but not just LFC of today, but of tomorrow
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #182: Oct 25, 2009 11:38:39 am

My priority is LFC - but not just LFC of today, but of tomorrow

Wake up. That's not a reasonable excuse. What do you gain from the mancs winning at Anfield, I do not know.

But at the end of the day all I can say is if you're a fan, support the club and not our most hatred rivals. End of.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #183: Oct 25, 2009 11:40:52 am
      Well in Res a right bell end i just want us to win end of no real red would ever want it any other way ,to all going today give it your,e all wish i was on that road but only had one ticket so i gave it to a mate to go ,as he dosen,t get to go to many .
      Come on you reds lets get it going.

WE,LL BE COMING WE,LL BE COMING

WE,LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD.

Quick Reply