Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Idiot Mates - Fans Who Haven't Got A Clue

Read 8816 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Idiot Mates - Fans Who Haven't Got A Clue
      Reply #23: May 03, 2007 09:01:40 pm
      Well said Crazy Horse, we dont want to be getting overconfident, just look what happened to Milan in 05 and Chelski and Man Ure this year, we play better when we are the underdog anyway, so lets hope that Milan are favourites again.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2007 09:17:43 pm
      Well said Crazy Horse, we dont want to be getting overconfident, just look what happened to Milan in 05 and Chelski and Man Ure this year, we play better when we are the underdog anyway, so lets hope that Milan are favourites again.

The point was not made through over confidence but because to have comeback and played as well as we did, to have delivered us to the 2nd final in 3 years and to have taken chelsea done a peg or two is a fantastic achievement.....an heroic achievement by a team who the majority were part of the 2005 team...or do you not think that they are legends?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: May 03, 2007 09:21:12 pm
      in the pub today in LA there were a tonne of newbie LFC fans wearing all the shirts and even though I love the strength in numbers the guys had no idea of the players or tactics or far MORE importanyly...the history of our glorious club? today will have given them a lesson, I hope.  Eddie C as always its a good topic to expose the frauds or at least give them a chance to get off their arse's and LEARN.....
      Yup :D I know some history but I learn more the more I read on here!! Love it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #26: May 03, 2007 09:23:54 pm
      Effort greatly appreciated!! Plus its the greatest story ever told....how can you not want to learn more?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #27: May 03, 2007 09:29:23 pm
      The point was not made through over confidence but because to have comeback and played as well as we did, to have delivered us to the 2nd final in 3 years and to have taken Chelsea done a peg or two is a fantastic achievement.....an heroic achievement by a team who the majority were part of the 2005 team...or do you not think that they are legends?
      No I don't think any player can be considered a legend until retirement and we have seen what they have done for our club over a whole career rather than a couple of cup finals, but if they can keep winning and doing well for us then at the end of the carrear then I would consider them legends, but some of the players are well on their way to becoming legends (Stevie G, Carra, Alonso, Finnan)
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2007 10:44:13 pm by Liverbird »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #28: May 03, 2007 09:39:04 pm
      Fair enough...suppose depends upon your definition of 'Legend'....regardless....the point wasn't one of over confidence at all as I've made clear on other posts....just pointing out we shouldn't slate players who have got us to the final and that they were heroic....its going to be a great final none the less....
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #29: May 03, 2007 09:41:39 pm
      King cantona what are you on about if you are going to post on an lfc site at least make sense or say something interesting!!

Sorry I just had a little rant.......:).........

But I'm still right..........
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #30: May 03, 2007 09:41:52 pm
      Yeah i understand your post mate, and im most definatly not trying to slate any of the players, but its like you said its the way you define a legend.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #31: May 04, 2007 11:27:57 pm
      i hate it when "supporters" come out of the woodwork when we get to a final for instance talking to my cousin on msn heres how the convo goes

me: alrite lad ows u

cousin: sound now that were gunna win the euro cup 2nd time in a row

me: 2nd time in 3 years ;D

cousin: we won it last year

me: barca did

Cousin: oh
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #32: May 05, 2007 04:36:02 am
      actually eddie, i've got "mates" that aren't really passionate about the game. i've got a friend who is a man u fan, but doesn't seem to care about them. he didnt even know they played ac milan and lost to them. he said that only the premeirship games matter. yea right

then i got another mate who bought a frank lampard shirt just cause he could. i asked him one day to take it off jokingly, saying i would give him my other LFC shirts, and he just looked at me like"uh oh, he actually knows who this lad is" then he zipped up his jacket and walked off.

thats the american world of football. i guess i'm the only passionate one....;D
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #33: May 05, 2007 07:01:44 pm
      Yes Most Utd fans are lost when it comes to knowledge of football .
      This is prob why they support a fake club they just want all the Glory but when things go wrong they hide
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: May 05, 2007 11:40:43 pm
      I didn't think it was possible...but I know a guy at work who I don't see all the time because we work different shifts, but he claims to be a Reds fan.   Well yesterday he says to me Liverpool aren't doing too well this year are they?

I says what do you mean?

He says well we're out of the Champions League...we lost to Chelsea 1-0.... I informed him about the second leg which he didn't even know there was a 2nd leg.... I thought you idiot.......if that wasn't bad enough....I told him we won 4-1 on penalties & he said so does that override Chelsea's 1-0 win over us...I thought fcukin moron :smack:....then he says  So we'll be playing Manchester United in the final will we? ( and no this guy wasn't being a smartarse just an absolute dumbarse :dunceblock:)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #35: May 05, 2007 11:50:50 pm
      AussieRed... that guy needs ejecting from our fan base.

I just can't even comprehend it!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: May 06, 2007 12:05:40 am
      JD, I told him after that to never speak with me about the REDS....   EVER AGAIN
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: May 06, 2007 10:00:45 am
      why are we even calling them 'fans' ?  they are just a bunch of knobheads who think they know about football just cos its the thing blokes do (no offence to the opposite sex  ;) !!)   I've got more knowledge in my little finger !!  ;D ;D ;D
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #38: May 06, 2007 07:43:38 pm
      Theres a Celtic fan that drinks in my local whos a sound bloke but is the biggest mouth in the world when Celtic are winning.  Thinks they won the european cup in 1965, always on about it "we were the first to do it back in '65". also, once someone mentioned Dixie Dean and his words were "is that the ice skater that did that bolado(a place near fife) dance"
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #39: May 06, 2007 10:11:32 pm
      Yes Most Utd fans are lost when it comes to knowledge of football .
      This is prob why they support a fake club they just want all the Glory but when things go wrong they hide

Yep that's right, when we were crap in the seventies we were all hiding..........

Fifty odd thousand of us hiding at Old Trafford every other week, we know nothing about football, of course we don't.........
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: May 06, 2007 10:22:58 pm
      New definition of Disgrace in the dictionary:

He says well we're out of the Champions League...we lost to Chelsea 1-0.... I informed him about the second leg which he didn't even know there was a 2nd leg.... I thought you idiot.......if that wasn't bad enough....I told him we won 4-1 on penalties & he said so does that override Chelsea's 1-0 win over us...I thought fcukin moron :smack:....then he says  So we'll be playing Manchester United in the final will we? ( and no this guy wasn't being a smartarse just an absolute dumbarse :dunceblock:)

Aussie Red! Give him a slap from me mate!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #41: May 06, 2007 10:46:08 pm
      This story goes back a few years but one I'll never forget. What about the mancs missus who  tried to but him a season ticket and waited on the list for about eight years. Eventually got two, one for the old man and one for the son. Could only afford it for one season. On boxing day, the feller in the next seat in the stand says " Where ave you two been, Iv'e been wondering who had the tickets for these seats?"
       "Yeah" he says, " my wife bought us the season tickets and saved them for us for Christmas presents."  What a tart !!!!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: May 07, 2007 09:52:34 am
      ^^ I remember reading that!! Probably the best present ever if she'd given it to them in August!
      Surprised she didn't tell anyone about it, and they didn't tell her ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #43: May 08, 2007 08:29:57 pm
      My chav 'mate' at work always complains when I roll off a few stats which prove what a great club Liverpool really are. He starts shallow, aimless conversations that I tend to always finish, but today I started one and finished it.

I passed him briefly and deliberately as I was driving my fork-lift to say "It's history now, I'm not interested" and drove off leaving him angry and confused with no time for a response. This was in reference to their 2 league titles, the fact they lost the title to Utd and the fact he doesn't want to hear about our glorious past.

Later in the day I rolled up and said "Let's not talk about the past, get's a bit tiring repeating myself. Let's talk about the future, mmm, How 'bout the Champions' League Final on the 23rd of May? Just think, you could have been in that if we hadn't beaten you for the 2nd time!" I drove off laughing, again!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #44: May 09, 2007 09:09:05 am
      im from australia and i have a manc mate and when man u got knocked out of the champs league he said."ferguson didnt want to win the champions league anyway"...yeah right man......and he also think man utd sang "youll never walk alone" first and that celtic stole it form them and liverpool copied celtic"...please this possibly cant be true.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #45: May 09, 2007 01:55:55 pm
      im from australia and I have a manc mate and when man u got knocked out of the champs league he said."ferguson didnt want to win the champions league anyway"...yeah right man......and he also think man utd sang "youll never walk alone" first and that celtic stole it form them and liverpool copied celtic"...please this possibly cant be true.

all of these stories are killing me!!! i hate fake fans!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Quick Reply