• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Man United: Post-Match Pride
      Reply #437: Oct 27, 2009 09:38:02 am
      'Because you've been embarassed again'

:D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #438: Oct 27, 2009 10:25:54 am
      Great result for the Rafa, the Red men and for us. Hopefully this will silence all the Rafa (even Lucas and Carra) bashers and critics. We were all over them most, if not, all of the game something every one of us can be very proud of considering the form we were in prior to the game.The game started with Man United beaming full of confidence and surely everyone expected them to give Liverpool a tough time, who have had many below-par performances.

One of the positives I can firstly take out of the game is the fans. Even though we have lost 4 games on the trot, Kopites sang their hearts out. The atmosphere couldn't have been better even before the game kicked-off. Best fans in the world, enough said. Now, Anfield will always give shivers to those who don't believe in it.

Next, Pepe Reina, he was spot on in front of goal and made the right decisions. His celebration of N'gog's goal shows what that goal and win meant to him, the team, the fans and Rafa. Well in, Pepe.

Carragher and Agger (Johnson and Insua too) - What a breathtaking display from our two centre-backs who started the game. They showed commitment and didn't take no prisoners. They jumped into tackles and made important blocks. No more Great Finn? We've got a great Dane now! Welcome back, Daniel lad. I'd like to give special mention to Carra, he blocked Carrick's burst into the box, he blocked Shrek's shot on goal, he prevented Nani from having ago just before our 2nd goal and he put on a fantastic display to silence his critics. Carra's past it? No, never, not yet. He may have been lucky to stay on the pitch when he brought Judas down but whatever it is, he was the difference at the back. Great display from the stand-in captain.

Mascherano and Lucas - Their best performance as a pair to date. Again, both showed passion, determinantion and commitment. I was very,very impressed with both of them. While Masch was breaking down plays at the back, Lucas was constantly bursting forward at the other end - not once, not twice, but many times. So, where are all the Lucas bashers now? He played a part in both the goals, coolly finding Benayoun for Torres' goal and setting up N'gog for his. The bit where both of them put pressure on Nani and immediately close down van der Sar shows true hunger, passion and determination. Not only that, Lucas even stole the ball off one of the most experienced players on the field, Paul Scholes. Well done to both and I hope they keep that up.

Kuyt and Aurelio. Both worked really hard with Fabio having like 3 chances in the first half. Kuyt closed down quickly and though he had chances to score and couldn't take them due to his poor touches, he'd remain an important player for us. Also played a part in both the goals.

Fernando Torres - Best striker in the world. Made Vidic look like a school boy and I'm sure Vidic is dreading facing him again. Showd what a true quality striker has - one chance, one well taken goal. Did brilliantly to hold of the most expensive defender in the world and known for his pace - Rio Ferdinand. Not only that, I really enjoyed his celebration too. Kudos to Nando, proved that 30 millino strikers aren't better than 20 million ones.

David N'gog - Young and doesn't not look strong enough for the league maybe but certainly did well against a team like Man United. Stole the ball off Giggs and scored a well-taken placed shot to get my prediction right  :laugh:

King Kenny, Didi Hamann and Sami Hyypia - Was great to see them back in Anfield. Three legends who have left Liverpool but never let Liverpool leave their heart. Nice to see the mutual relationship between former players and the club so strong. Well in, legends.

And finally, Rafa Benitez. I never doubted his abilities. I always thought he was the right man even during the last 4 games we lost. When we're under pressure and being in a bad run of form, this man, is the man who would get us out of it. Thanks , Rafa. Congratulations on your 200th win. Only King Kenny bests you ;)

Put all of them together and what you get is a great performance from every single player who donned the Red shirt in front of the Kop. Everyone would have been men-of-the-match. Fantastic result capped by a fantastic performance from the team even without Steven Gerrard. Let's hope this kick starts our season, again. Let us show the world what we are made off by putting on a winning streak and unbeaten run like how we ended 2008/2009. Like the verses say, "At the end of the storm, there's a Golden sky". Let's just hope the sky is much more golden come May '10.
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #439: Oct 27, 2009 10:53:52 am
      Jesus Sunday was brilliant..........

Now if only the whole squad can play with that determination every week!!!

YNWA!!!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #440: Oct 27, 2009 12:08:34 pm
      Thought we were brilliant on sunday the players all gave their all and they we wanted to win it more than them. Masch and lucas bossed the midfield I thought barely saw carrick or scholes all game. The defence played really well as a unit espacially carra he was back to top form kuyt and benny's link up play was superb and benny's pass for torres's goal was top class. Torres made vidic and ferdinand sh*t themselvs and aurelio also had a decent game. Ngog came on and took his goal well. Overall it was easily our best perfomance of the season but we must kick on from here and go on a long winning run.
      UnhappyFan
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #441: Oct 27, 2009 12:22:43 pm

HELP NEEDED ANYONE- Anyone in Lower Anfield Road end see an arrest about 70 mins in to the Man Utd Game????

Basically in short my friend and I had taken a plastic bottle of beer each that we purchased at half time under the stand. We didnt finish the beers so they brought it back to our seats with us (which in hindsight was a stupid thing to do). A steward spotted us drinking the beer and signalled for me to come speak to him on the steps.

I did this and he told me I was going to be removed from the ground for drinking alcohol. I said to him that their was only 20mins of the game remaining and that I was sorry for bringing the beer in and it was a stupid mistake. The steward then told me it didnt matter and I had to leave the ground. I asked him is there no way he would reconsider and he refused and grabbed my arm. I pulled away and went back to my seat hoping he would leave it and to collect my jacket.

When I got back to my seat (Beside my friend ) I noticed that the steward had gone and got a police officer. He came up the steps with the steward and waived me over to the steps. I did as the police offier asked and went along the row to the steps to speak to him. He informed me that I was ejected from the ground for drinking alcohol in the stand and being drunk. I again pleaded with him to let me stay and he refused. He grabbed my arm and instintively I pulled away. I was then thrown to the ground and my head was pinned to the ground by the police officers knee. He then said he was arresting me for being drunk and disorderly. I pleaded with him to reconsider and said I would happily leave the ground. I was taken down the steps and the police officer twisted the handcuffs which cut into my wrists. In order to releave the pressure on my wrists I tried to lower my wrists at this point the officer pulled the handcuffs causing me to become off balance and fall on the steps, at this point the officer dragged me up. Spectators seen that the officer was using unnessary force and began to shout at him to let me go.

My friend Richard seen what happended and protested my innoscence. At this point he was also arrested for being drunk and disorderly

We were held in a holding cell at the ground and then taken to St Annes police station about 4:30pm. We were put in individual cells until just after midnight. At no point was I given a drink of water, food or allowed to make a phone call to my friends to let them know where I am. Eventually one police officer at approx 11pm said he would get my friends number from my phone and phone my friend to let him know I'm safe.

Did anyone see this happening as the police were out of line in how they handled the situation.

Thanks for any help in advance.

fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #442: Oct 27, 2009 12:42:33 pm
      There absolute n*bs at times the stewards. Why didnt he just say take your beer inside or whatever or pass the beer im conviscating it...something along them lines. Like you said, 20mins left, what is the point really. Especially when like thousands of other people in the ground are abit merry as well. you'd have thought it was just you and your friend inside the ground who have had a drink.

its not unusual that you see the other fans helping out, im actually suprised nobody did more. I went Bolton away last year, and alright its an away game so slightly different, but a similar thing happened then and about 30 fans jumped in and basically told the steward/police to f*ck off. And they actually did.

Hope it sorts itself out and you get abit of justice mate
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #443: Oct 27, 2009 01:09:50 pm
      Unhappy fan...Mate thats a shocker and typical of todays coppers, What happened to being innocent until proved guilty? TBH tho mate you did take alcchohol to your seat, Live and learn mate.

Back to the thread, What a f***in performance by all, Many fans posted that our lads had to turn up and give their all in the pre match thread, They did more than that, They took the game to the scum and showed them we meant business, The message given out tells you they will be bricking it when the next match comes round, No Gerrard, Torres @ 80% Lucas and Masch struggling, Carra out of sorts, Aurelio out of position yet we battered them all over the pitch, What a joy to see, I watched it in my local surrounded by mancers, They ripped into me from the start, telling me to sit down when i got agaitated, f***in tw*ts, there was even one who argued that Ronaldo( remember him) was a better striker than Torres, lmao, I nearly dropped me Guiness, f***in idiot, He soon shut it when i reminded him that ladyboy was 'nt a striker, As for the rest of them ;D, Silence is golden as they say, I even entertained them to a rendition of 'Fernando Torres Liverpools number nine' And can you believe there was even a bitter blue there with shirt and all, f***in muppett, Fantastic result i hope we kick on from that, Well done the lads,  YNWA.

ynwa    irwt
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #444: Oct 27, 2009 02:08:11 pm
      Apparently Phil Thompson was in Singapore for a launch of some footy thing, but he caught the game together with the fans at some pub.

He gave his pre match, half time and also post match thoughts.

However, during the post match discussion, one host (a hardcore Manc fan) decided to dismiss the game as poor. Guess what! Thompson, grabbed the microphone, growled, and much to the delight of our supporters, he said...

'Nobody cares about your opinion.'

:lmao: Quality Phil.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #445: Oct 27, 2009 02:22:40 pm
      i love this thread. that fanzone is quality, never heard of Ngog? he did at the end.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #446: Oct 27, 2009 02:36:42 pm

Bless they are  starting a mutual Torres appreciation society over on RedCafe, I think we should follow suit and start one for Rooney (Shrek) & Berbatov (Donkey) as I thought they were brilliant in Shrek 1,2 & 3

I don't know what to say about them both. I guess if you start a thread for them both, the first 100 pages will be either Shrek or Berbaflop. Not a single player from that s**te team deserves a thread here!
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #447: Oct 27, 2009 02:40:38 pm
      That Fanzone thing was amazing, so funny to watch.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #448: Oct 27, 2009 02:46:58 pm
      RedBlood I'm sick of them at RedCafe. They had a thread like this.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/jamie-carragher-F***ing-average-thread-192857/index2.html

Feel like starting a 'The Wayne Rooney is a F***ing loser thread' to take the piss out of them. I don't have an account there yet though and probably not intent on wasting me time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #449: Oct 27, 2009 02:50:35 pm
      RedBlood I'm sick of them at RedCafe. They had a thread like this.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/jamie-carragher-F***ing-average-thread-192857/index2.html

Feel like starting a 'The Wayne Rooney is a F***ing loser thread' to take the piss out of them. I don't have an account there yet though and probably not intent on wasting me time.

Why get so worked up about them, we could say the same about over-the-hill Rio.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #450: Oct 27, 2009 02:59:18 pm
      Kop that United and Owen…
      by DAVID FULLER Few things in life can beat the euphoric feeling a Liverpool fan enjoys following a victory over Manchester United. Add to the mix the bonus of seeing a former Kop idol trudging off the Anfield turf solemn faced at the final whistle, and the fact that the victory was a fully merited one, and
      so the satisfaction intensifies immeasurably.

It is for all these reasons that, as I type this on an otherwise
      unremarkable Monday, I have the biggest of smiles on my face and a
      warm glow in my belly. Although I’m hardly a neutral, I doubt there are
      many people – United fans included – who would argue that a 2-0 scoreline
      flattered the visitors yesterday. The Reds’ were superior all over the
      park, showing more desire and, somewhat surprisingly, more composure on
      the ball than an off-colour United team.

However, while an apparently only half-fit but still brilliant Fernando
      Torres may have scooped the official Man of the Match award, what must
      have been equally pleasing for Rafa Benitez – who didn’t exactly look like
      a manager who was supposedly under pressure – was the performance of some of his team’s more maligned players.

Jamie Carragher looked back to his old self with a typically robust
      performance, typified by the challenge on Nani that started the move which
      led to Liverpool’s second goal, and left United’s massively over-rated
      winger writhing on the floor in agony. Lucky to stay on the field or not
      following his tangle with some forward who came on for United, but whose
      name I can’t remember, the Liverpool captain in the absence of Steven
      Gerrard was far and away the best defender on the pitch.

One of the reasons for Carragher’s timely return to form can arguably be
      attributed to the presence of Dan Agger beside him. After the best part of
      two years out following string of injuries, the Dane looked far sharper
      than he had in mid-week against Lyon, and Liverpool’s defence looked as
      solid as it has all season – although in truth, United had very little to
      offer going forward (I would mention Pepe Reina in this blog, but I can’t
      recall him actually doing much, aside from running 100 yards to celebrate
      the second goal in front of the Kop).

The two left sided players – Emilio Insua and Fabio Aureilio – both
      overcame sluggish starts to end up bossing their side of the pitch after
      Antonio Valencia had threatened to give them a torrid afternoon. On the
      other flank Glen Johnson is unlikely to endure as comfortable a 90 minutes
      again this season, while Yossi Benayoun was once again fantastic – in my
      opinion Liverpool’s most consistent performer so far this season.

Torres’ sheer presence scared the hell out of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja
      Vidic for the second meeting in succession – it’s no coincidence the
      Serb keeps getting sent off against Liverpool – while had Dirk Kuyt had
      his shooting boots on the winning margin could have been far greater. Kuyt
      could do worse than study the finishing technique of David Ngog, who
      tucked away his one and only chance with great aplomb, keeping his head
      when far more experienced players would have baulked at the chance to seal
      such an important game in front of his own expectant fans.

But the two Liverpool players that deserve the most praise for yesterday’s
      performance are Lucas Leiva and Javier Mascherano. While they may not be
      the prettiest midfielders (in every sense of the word) their work rate and
      continued harassment of Paul Scholes – a mere shadow of the great player
      he once was – and Michael Carrick – a mere shadow – were phenomenal and
      set the tone for Liverpool’s domination.

While this is the exact type of performance Liverpool fans have come to expect from Mascherano, the same
      is not true of Lucas, who has his critics – me being one of them. However,
      if he continues to play as he did yesterday then I’d be only too happy to
      serve myself up a huge slice of humble pie and force it down my throat. He
      still needs to improve his distribution of the ball, but on this
      performance there is certainly a role for him at Anfield – and not just as
      a waterboy.

In all, then, it is a great morning to be a Liverpool fan – I haven’t even
      mentioned the fact that such a commanding performance was achieved without

Gerrard. However, just like last season, wins such as these won’t count
      for anything if we don’t find the consistency needed to finally land a
      Premier League title. The fact is, Liverpool are still six points behind
      Chelsea and there is still a lot of work to do, but if one thing’s for
      certain following yesterday’s match, it is that come the end of the season
      Liverpool will be there or there abouts.

Crisis? What crisis?
      http://liverpool.premierleagueinsider.com/2009/10/26/kop-that-united-and-owen/
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #451: Oct 27, 2009 03:00:46 pm
      :lmao: Yeah. Add Vidic and Rooney into the equation.

They seem to think they've the best squad in the world. Bollocks. And after Carra's displayed true fighting spirit, a masterclass defensive display, they go into hiatus and denial, tweaking their words a little here and there.

I was reading Times Online and it was mentioned that the 3-2 comeback win during Rafa's reign at Valencia is cited as their turnaround in fortunes.

What sprung to my mind is that this victory might have the same effect on that 3-2 comeback. It could be the catalyst, ending the horor run was crucial and what a way to end it.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #452: Oct 27, 2009 03:05:42 pm
      Good article that macca.

Sums up perfectly my thoughts on the game except for a couple of spelling mistakes. Called himself a Liverpool fan but..

'Emilio Insua and Fabio Aureilio'

I'll forgive him. He must be too excited ;D
      DesD LFC
      • On Trial

• 1 posts | -1 
      Reply #453: Oct 27, 2009 03:08:23 pm
      Champions my arse!
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #454: Oct 27, 2009 03:09:34 pm
      HAHA.

Michael Carrick - a mere shadow.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #455: Oct 27, 2009 03:26:29 pm
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #456: Oct 27, 2009 03:28:27 pm
      Oh so now theyre agreeing with us that Sami Hyypia was a top player[ like Bruce]! From what i remember they used to say he was sh*te aswell, what else can you expect from a bunch of Mancs?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #457: Oct 27, 2009 03:33:55 pm
      The first I knew of Carricks involvement on sunday was somebody mentioned his name in a post I think it was keith Singleton but it's not really important, neither was Carricks contribution. That's another of Fergusons aquisitions that bit him in the arse the man is a complete bullshitter.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #458: Oct 27, 2009 04:32:19 pm
      Seriously Fergie has to put Scholes down to sleep forever! A no show from that t**t. Plus he should consider taking Gary with him. That ugly c**t not even getting a start!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #459: Oct 27, 2009 04:39:13 pm
      chats - that was great mate... love Fan Zone

Quick Reply