Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal Vs Liverpool: Carling Cup 4th Rd 28th Oct '09 KO 19:45

Read 11018 times
      supaerheraw
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal Vs Liverpool: Carling Cup 4th Rd 28th Oct '09 KO 19:45
      Reply #23: Oct 26, 2009 10:31:39 pm
                     Cavalieri

Degen Skrtel Ayala Dossena

Babel Spearing Mascherano Riera

Voronin N'Gog

I reckon we might see something like that. Might aswell start with Mascherano as he's ruled out of the Fulham game.
      Isn't it the Arsenal game he'll miss mate?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Oct 26, 2009 10:34:43 pm
      Isn't it the Arsenal game he'll miss mate?

Good point.

I don't know actually.

If so, good for us, but at the same time that rule really does need changing. If you get sent off in the Premier League then it should be a Premier League game you miss. Does that also mean that Vidic will be available for United's next PL game too?
      supaerheraw
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #25: Oct 26, 2009 10:37:10 pm
      Good point.

I don't know actually.

If so, good for us, but at the same time that rule really does need changing. If you get sent off in the Premier League then it should be a Premier League game you miss. Does that also mean that Vidic will be available for United's next PL game too?
      I think a red card applies to the domestic games, found a link on the official website. Tbh I'm glad he's back for Fulham! :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166217091026-0852.htm

And yes, I guess the same goes  for Vidic.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Oct 26, 2009 10:38:20 pm
      Think Pacheco might be away with Spain?

I don't think he is. If he is he wasn't in the squad for their game against the USA today.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Oct 26, 2009 10:38:34 pm
      I think a red card applies to the domestic games, found a link on the official website. Tbh I'm glad he's back for Fulham! :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166217091026-0852.htm

And yes, I guess the same goes  for Vidic.

I am too mate!

I just personally think that if you get a red card in a PL game - then your ban should be for a PL game.
      supaerheraw
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 26, 2009 10:40:27 pm
      I am too mate!

I just personally think that if you get a red card in a PL game - then your ban should be for a PL game.
      Yeah, I suppose.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 26, 2009 10:55:53 pm
      Pacheco is not participating in the world cup... The only player who is participating from liverpool is buchamann... 
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 26, 2009 10:57:56 pm
      Mash will play our game with fulham, he's suspended for the Arsenal game
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #31: Oct 27, 2009 12:02:54 am
      It'd be a boss little touch from the boss to hand one of the young local lads like Spearing or Kelly the armband for the match, especially if Carra is to be rested and Stevie is still injured. Plus Kuyt will most likely be rested like he was against Leeds and Masch suspended, there isn't too many of our other boys who've captained sides before.

Jay has captained the youth and reserve teams occasionally when Darby has been unavailable.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #32: Oct 27, 2009 12:07:38 am
      Cavalieri

Kelly-----Skrtel-----Agger-----Dossena

Spearing-----Lucas

Babel-----Pacheco-----Riera

N'Gog

Subs: Reina, Carragher, Aurelio, Aquilani, Benayoun, Torres, Voronin,
      god we need some more strikers or to involve pacheco,   also anybody for eccleston on the bench.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 27, 2009 12:11:30 am
      It'd be a boss little touch from the boss to hand one of the young local lads like Spearing or Kelly the armband for the match, especially if Carra is to be rested and Stevie is still injured. Plus Kuyt will most likely be rested like he was against Leeds and Masch suspended, there isn't too many of our other boys who've captained sides before.

Jay has captained the youth and reserve teams occasionally when Darby has been unavailable.
      Ya that would be great,but you couldnt really do that to the senior players that will be playing mabye Skrtel id say,

I think it will be very tough for us to win on wendsday i cant remember the last time they got knocked out in the 3rd round.If we do beat them it would be lovely to get to the final but we need to focus on the premiership as our main priority !
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #34: Oct 27, 2009 12:22:25 am
                     Reina

Degen--Skrtyl--Ayala--Dossena

Babel--Spearing--Pacheco--Reira

Ngog--Voronin

Reina has saved our bacon many a times this season so I think he would be our best way of keeping goals out, although if arsenal do score a few goals it might hurt his confidence which is a risk. Agger definatly needs a rest, he was outstanding and we don't want him getting injured again. I hate playing dossena but we don't really have anyone else. Reira and Babel had better be on form. Playing spearing and pachecho is a bit of a risk but I think think arsenal are going to have a lot of the ball anyway, so the best way to tackle an attack is to Attack, ;D. Voronin deserves a shot and his experience will come in great here. Ngog is just class and should score at least one.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #35: Oct 27, 2009 12:50:07 am
      Cavalieri

Kelly-----Skrtel-----Agger-----Dossena

Spearing-----Lucas

Babel-----Pacheco-----Riera

N'Gog

Subs: Reina, Carragher, Aurelio, Aquilani, Benayoun, Torres, Voronin,
      Also, maybe have a think about Amoo + Ecclestone :)
      I gree completely with that side abvoe ^^^^^^^^^^^
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2009 07:42:50 am
      Let's just pick a winning side, we need to kick on from the United result and make winning a habit now. A blend of youth and experience would be nice, and an option i think that Rafa will go for. Come on lads, the time is now.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #37: Oct 27, 2009 08:53:52 am
      Aquilini will have some part to play tonight, he gave 15 Min's in a reserve game, so this is the perfect opportunity to step up his match fitness, although I don't really know how it works after such a long injury lay off, no good leaving him home, he'll never get fit. Can't wait to see Pacheco mix it with the Arsenal kids so expect a few surprises from Rafa. Maybe Ayala, Martin we have seen what he can do so if he's recovered from his injury it'll be good to see him there. The last meeting with these we lost heavily thanks to their Brazilian forward who's since moved on, Batister I think, he scored four that night(correct me if I'm wrong), a lot of our kids have grown since then, so it should be an interesting game....
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #38: Oct 27, 2009 11:13:54 am
      Aquilini will have some part to play tonight, he gave 15 Min's in a reserve game, so this is the perfect opportunity to step up his match fitness, although I don't really know how it works after such a long injury lay off, no good leaving him home, he'll never get fit. Can't wait to see Pacheco mix it with the Arsenal kids so expect a few surprises from Rafa. Maybe Ayala, Martin we have seen what he can do so if he's recovered from his injury it'll be good to see him there. The last meeting with these we lost heavily thanks to their Brazilian forward who's since moved on, Batister I think, he scored four that night(correct me if I'm wrong), a lot of our kids have grown since then, so it should be an interesting game....

Tomorrow mate
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #39: Oct 27, 2009 12:11:40 pm
      We can't afford to play Agger or Skrtel at the back
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #40: Oct 27, 2009 12:14:18 pm
      We can't afford to play Agger or Skrtel at the back
      Why?
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #41: Oct 27, 2009 12:20:29 pm
      Cavalieri

Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Aurellio

Babel, Lucas, Spearing, Riera

El Zahr, Ngog

What do you all think?

thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #42: Oct 27, 2009 12:21:14 pm
      I thought El zhar was injured.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Oct 27, 2009 12:22:27 pm
      is he? Get that Warrior on instead then Voronin
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #44: Oct 27, 2009 12:25:40 pm
      Aquilani might start
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #45: Oct 27, 2009 12:26:38 pm
      Cavalieri

Kelly, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Aurellio

Babel, Lucas, Spearing, Riera

El Zahr, Ngog

What do you all think?

Kyrgiakos is injured. El Zhar is a winger.

Other than that it's probably not far off.

Quick Reply