Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Arsenal Vs Liverpool: Carling Cup 4th Rd 28th Oct '09 KO 19:45

Read 11059 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal Vs Liverpool: Carling Cup 4th Rd 28th Oct '09 KO 19:45
      Reply #69: Oct 27, 2009 07:04:37 pm
      Does anyone know what has happened to Darby and El Zhar. Ain't seen them play for a while.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #70: Oct 27, 2009 07:06:13 pm
      El Zhar is injured.
      Redrebel54
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #71: Oct 27, 2009 07:07:44 pm
      Quite honestly, never know what to make of these matches, it would be nice to secure some silverware, but understandably the EPL is a priority. Hope to pick up the match on my computer.

Use a sopcast feed rather than an internet one. Far more stable. I watched the whole match on Sunday without a single stutter in the broadcast. The colours were not 100% like, but it was watcheable.

If you're not sure of what you need to get sopcasts, e-mail me, let me know your operating system (sorry not Macs, I only know windoze and Linux) and I'll give you some links for the downloads needed.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #72: Oct 27, 2009 07:27:01 pm
      Looks like your a Manc then..all reports recently and comments by Rafa have said injury was knowhere near as bas as first though!!!

ah I said if he's playing not if hes fit  :rasp:  ;D
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #73: Oct 27, 2009 08:29:20 pm
      Would've thought Aquilani would play at some point in this match , Dossena may also get a game to save Insua for the bigger games , can't see Nando playing unless we are on our way out,N'gog and Babel might start ?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #74: Oct 27, 2009 08:33:17 pm
      I'd love to see Rafa go with a full strength line up to build up some momentum and confidence following Sundays result against the Mancs, can't see it happening at all, but just for this one carling cup game I wish he would.
      The league is our priority. Carling cup doesn't come every week so we need to use the opportunity to give the reserves some experience so that they can step in if anyone gets injured. Besides, everyone must be exhausted from sunday :D
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #75: Oct 27, 2009 08:48:49 pm
      Just been watching Rafa talking about the Arsenal game, Definitely out are Stevie G who should be ready for Saturday, also out for another two weeks is Martin Kelly, Aquilini is on the bench and he hopes to give him some minutes, maybe 15 or 20, Cavalieri is the keeper, Kyogiakos is available again and Dosena is ready, Nando is OK so he'll either be on the bench or rested, so that's the injury situation. I imagine a few others like Jay and Pacheco will also get a game, lets hope for a win which will give the confidence another boost...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #76: Oct 27, 2009 08:50:40 pm
      Personally I'd rather Torres was rested.

I think it's likely that we'll see N'gog leading the line tomorrow - whether it be on his own or with Voronin.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #77: Oct 27, 2009 08:52:21 pm
      Personally I'd rather Torres was rested.

I think it's likely that we'll see N'gog leading the line tomorrow - whether it be on his own or with Voronin.

I imagine it'll be on his own, can't see Rafa adjusting the system.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #78: Oct 27, 2009 08:53:56 pm
      I imagine it'll be on his own, can't see Rafa adjusting the system.

Maybe Voronin playing the 'Gerrard role'.

That sentence brings a smirk doesn't it!
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #79: Oct 27, 2009 09:01:01 pm
      Unfortunately here in the US I can't find this match on anything other that ESPN's live streaming:

http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/schedule?

Its not been shown on Setanta or Fox Soccer.  Any other ideas?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #80: Oct 27, 2009 09:03:28 pm
                          Cavalieri

Degen   Kyrgiakos   Skrtel   Doss/Insua

El Zhar   Pacheco   Spearing   Aurelio

Voro
                                Babel        

Wouldn't mind something like that, with an amazing bench of: Torres, Reina, Aquilani, Benayoun, Johnson, Agger....
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #81: Oct 27, 2009 10:02:56 pm
      It is important for us to well in this competition. We have some good fringe players, some good youngsters and to see them more often and them to play a big part in some silverware we should be going for this cup. I rather we win this cup than the FA cup..  you get the league cup out of the way by feb but FA cup can cost the league and CL with replays and injuries and its been time since we last won a cup... we should go for this one..
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #82: Oct 27, 2009 10:25:45 pm
      Unfortunately here in the US I can't find this match on anything other that ESPN's live streaming:

http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/schedule?

Its not been shown on Setanta or Fox Soccer.  Any other ideas?

It's on Setanta 3:45 EST
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #83: Oct 27, 2009 10:30:11 pm
      It is important for us to well in this competition. We have some good fringe players, some good youngsters and to see them more often and them to play a big part in some silverware we should be going for this cup. I rather we win this cup than the FA cup..  you get the league cup out of the way by feb but FA cup can cost the league and CL with replays and injuries and its been time since we last won a cup... we should go for this one..

Good points about the timing of this competition Singh. And whether people see this competition as inferior or not, it's still a cup. And we should go out to win everything we play in.

But this is a tough game. We're gonna have to be switched on tomorrow night. And be quick, especially at the back. Whoever is picked to play - especially the fringe players who DON'T play regularly in the reserves, have to make an impression. As a club lately, we haven't been good enough. We're all still buzzing over how we risen up and made a stand on Sunday, but there's still some people who have yet to show their worth. This is the perfect opportunity for them.

I'd love to see Rafa go with a full strength line up to build up some momentum and confidence following Sundays result against the Mancs, can't see it happening at all, but just for this one carling cup game I wish he would.

I totally agree with your notion mate. We badly need to keep the momentum and confidence going. Obviously we're not going to be full strength, but I think another clean sheet is essential. As is some determined engine room play and some sleek finishing.

Come on you reds!!! Can't wait to sing my head off at the match tomorrow!!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #84: Oct 27, 2009 10:36:52 pm
      Good points about the timing of this competition Singh. And whether people see this competition as inferior or not, it's still a cup. And we should go out to win everything we play in.

But this is a tough game. We're gonna have to be switched on tomorrow night. And be quick, especially at the back. Whoever is picked to play - especially the fringe players who DON'T play regularly in the reserves, have to make an impression. As a club lately, we haven't been good enough. We're all still buzzing over how we risen up and made a stand on Sunday, but there's still some people who have yet to show their worth. This is the perfect opportunity for them.

Cup is a cup... either if its FA or League cup.. also like some of us have said, after Sunday, we need to keep this going.. keep the momentum going... plus its against Arsenal so no matter it may be their 2nd string side, it will be confidence booster.. also like you say.. the fringe players, likes of Babel, Voronin and Dossena do need to prove a point... i think Babel will have a good game 2mrw... Arsenal kids are very good... and this game will surely be tough... looking forward to it...
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #85: Oct 27, 2009 10:46:11 pm
      True ^ A cup's a cup, any silverware for the bursting cabinet at Anfield is good for the club.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #86: Oct 27, 2009 11:48:32 pm
      I don't see Rafa putting out a side realisticly strong enough to beat the arse unfortunately. I think he will be concentrating on the Fuham game and we will see wholesale changes tomorrow. I hope we can win it. It's about time we put one over on the arse in this comp. It's always good to win a cup, whichever one it is.  With all the niggling injuries and probably near exhaustion for a few after Sunday. I think we'll see mainly a second srting out. Be good if Aquilani gets some minutes though. Not over confident, not worried either. Just hope we pull it off. Be a massive win if we could.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #87: Oct 28, 2009 12:01:30 am
      Why not Gerns?

It will be a mixture of youth and experience, Wenger will have the north London derby in mind also on the weekend. He will rest key players they will have the likes of Eduardo and Bendtner available for selection, I am sure that Skrtel and Kyrgiakos can handle them.

Show some faith lad, Rafa said that he will not undermine this competition before the Leeds game so I think we will see a well balanced side that will give Arsenal a run for their money.
      nelz3322
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #88: Oct 28, 2009 05:11:14 am
       Aquilani is in the squad ;D ;) :D
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #89: Oct 28, 2009 06:01:58 am
      Aquilani should get a good amount of game time. hopefully.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #90: Oct 28, 2009 09:27:24 am
      And get a fairly good idea of the quality he can bring to the squad and in England after tonight.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #91: Oct 28, 2009 09:40:08 am
      Totally agree with the comments that we need to keep the momentum going, its a cup and any competition we enter we should try and win it, but the comment i saw that this would be a better cup to win that the F.A cup, was abit dramatic.

FA cup is the most famous competition in club football. Come the end of the season, nobody remembers who won the league cup.

Quick Reply