Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mr Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)

Read 10655 times
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Mr Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)
      Oct 27, 2009 12:16:17 am
      Alex Ferguson under fire from referees after new outburst at Anfield
      Sir Alex Ferguson's protests following Sunday's defeat to Liverpool has seen the veteran Manchester United manager come under attack from referees.

Ferguson was incensed that Jamie Carragher received only a yellow card following the defender's challenge on United striker Michael Owen, and questioned referee Andre Marriner's experience at handling big games.

"It's so frustrating when a manager as experienced and respected as Sir Alex Ferguson makes a statement about the laws of the game which is completely inaccurate," former Premier League referee Jeff Winter told The Guardian.

Another senior refereeing source, still officiating in the Premier League, agreed with Winter: "Ferguson clearly doesn't understand the law about the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. The fouled player has to have full control of the ball and has to be moving towards the goal but Michael Owen did not fulfil either condition.

"Andre Marriner was absolutely right to award a yellow card and a direct free-kick.

"It would have been totally wrong for him to have sent Jamie Carragher off."

The anonymous source further lambasted Ferguson, and offered support for Marriner: "Sir Alex should never have said that Andre Marriner was not an experienced referee when he is on the FIFA list and got all the important decisions right on Sunday."

In recent times Ferguson has invoked the wrath of the FA for questioning the fitness of referee Alan Wiley, an offence that forced an apology from the United manager.

However, it is understood that Sunday's outburst will not incur any FA investigation or punishment, despite referees' union chief Alan Leighton describing Ferguson's apology to Wiley as "half-hearted".

Winter, who himself had plenty of run-ins with the United boss, went on to suggest that Ferguson seeks to deflect attention away from poor results by making a scapegoat out of referees.

"I don't know if Sir Alex Ferguson has got a problem with referees but he has got a problem when Manchester United don't win and blaming the referee is the easy option," he said.

"His statement about Carragher shows that either he doesn't know the laws of the game or he's resorting to mind games again."

But Winter went on to reject assertions that Ferguson is mellowing as he winds towards the end of an illustrious career.

He said: "Some of his touchline antics, when you see the veins standing out on his neck and see him swearing and shouting, are not too good for his own health let alone anyone else's.

"I don't know whether it's age or what but he seems to be getting less tolerant of everybody and everything – especially when Manchester United don't manage to win.

"This sort of thing seems to be happening every other week with him now."

Winter suggested that the FA "impose a FIFA-style stadium ban on Sir Alex", as a "harsh punishment to teach him and everyone else a lesson".

He went on to suggest that the Respect campaign would be "dead in the water" if Ferguson was not punished, stating that "a fine or, in this case, even a touchline ban won't be enough".

Ferguson's seeming indifference to the authorities could be rectified, according to Winter, by expediating FA disciplinary procedures:

"It's three and a half weeks since his comments about Alan Wiley and still nothing has happened."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/26/alex-ferguson-referees-manchester-united

just saw this now sorry if its been posted I think he might be deluded clearly he dragged Carragher down ???
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2009 02:36:09 pm by crouchinho »
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Fergies cracking up
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2009 12:56:36 am
      :lmao:
      owned.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2009 02:30:03 am
      Now that's a news article I enjoyed reading.  ;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2009 03:42:29 am
      What was the source??
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Oct 27, 2009 04:18:54 am
      Winter, who himself had plenty of run-ins with the United boss, went on to suggest that Ferguson seeks to deflect attention away from poor results by making a scapegoat out of referees.

"I don't know if Sir Alex Ferguson has got a problem with referees but he has got a problem when Manchester United don't win and blaming the referee is the easy option," he said.

"His statement about Carragher shows that either he doesn't know the laws of the game or he's resorting to mind games again."

But Winter went on to reject assertions that Ferguson is mellowing as he winds towards the end of an illustrious career.

He said: "Some of his touchline antics, when you see the veins standing out on his neck and see him swearing and shouting, are not too good for his own health let alone anyone else's.

"I don't know whether it's age or what but he seems to be getting less tolerant of everybody and everything – especially when Manchester United don't manage to win.

Ferguscum

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Oct 27, 2009 09:54:22 am

"It's so frustrating when a manager as experienced and respected as Sir Alex Ferguson makes a statement about the laws of the game which is completely inaccurate," former Premier League referee Jeff Winter told The Guardian.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #6: Oct 27, 2009 10:32:01 am
      Haha, Mr Ferguson's makes a right fool of himself, again!

Winter suggested that the FA "impose a FIFA-style stadium ban on Sir Alex", as a "harsh punishment to teach him and everyone else a lesson".

He went on to suggest that the Respect campaign would be "dead in the water" if Ferguson was not punished, stating that "a fine or, in this case, even a touchline ban won't be enough".

Ferguson's seeming indifference to the authorities could be rectified, according to Winter, by expediating FA disciplinary procedures:

"It's three and a half weeks since his comments about Alan Wiley and still nothing has happened."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/26/alex-ferguson-referees-manchester-united
      [/news]

just saw this now sorry if its been posted I think he might be deluded clearly he dragged Carragher down ???

Well in Jeff Winter!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Oct 27, 2009 10:36:20 am
      Link Now Added to main article.

Jeff Winter. The Man Him Self.

BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2009 11:19:49 am
      Well in Mr. Winter!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Oct 27, 2009 11:38:28 am
      Fergie's far too arrogant to give a fook what Jeff Winter says or anybody else for that matter, he thinks he's untouchable and the way the FA let him get away with stuff is a disgrace and adds to his arrogance to be honest. Rafa gets charged for having a look at his glasses, whilst Fergie has a full blown public rant criticising the ref and it wont "incur any FA investigation or punishment", says it all really I wonder who's on the United payroll in the FA head quarters :f_whistle:
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #10: Oct 27, 2009 11:40:37 am
      Well in sir!

I had initially no clue about this guy till he came out and protected Alan Wiley.

And now he's come out and spoke the truth about Andre Marriner. He backs up his case, pressurises the FA to mete our heavy punishment to this Fergie. And he confirms that Carragher should not have been red-carded, the decision was right. What this means it that, I'm sending the newslink to every manc. No excuses now mancs and shut the F**k up. They were so sore on Monday morning the first thing I heard was 'The ref was biased'. I was like 'WTF.' Now this link should make you all eat your F***ing words, shows that you mancs are the worst 'fans' in the world and also about time for you that LIVERPOOL 2-0 UNITED.

And also there's always a good difference between a Sir and a Slur.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Oct 27, 2009 11:55:51 am
      Losing his grip on a few referee's now I see.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #12: Oct 27, 2009 12:02:10 pm
      Rafa's "rant" is begining to show signs of blossoming.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #13: Oct 27, 2009 01:10:21 pm
      A suitable ban for this slur would be a touchline ban for the rest of the season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Oct 27, 2009 01:11:49 pm
      He is as bitter as all the Evertonians added up. Blames the ref again. Has he not got the dignity or balls to say his side were beaten by the better team? Horrible man wrongly respected by so many.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Oct 27, 2009 05:24:11 pm
      Alex Ferguson under fire from referees after new outburst at Anfield
      "Some of his touchline antics, when you see the veins standing out on his neck and see him swearing and shouting, are not too good for his own health let alone anyone else's."

I say this could be the whisky expressing itself just as well.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2009 08:14:53 am
      Well said, Mr. Winter, but it's a shame the FA won't be able to read this, because they are too far up Fergies arse.

That man is getting boring now. He blames the ref every time he loses, or drops points etc. Just admit that you were played off the park, underestimated your opponents, and played two players incapable of tackling in midfield.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2009 08:17:33 am
      Well said, Mr. Winter, but it's a shame the FA won't be able to read this, because they are too far up Fergies arse.

That man is getting boring now. He blames the ref every time he loses, or drops points etc. Just admit that you were played off the park, underestimated your opponents, and played two players incapable of tackling in midfield.
      I heard that there is so many people up his arse that they're thinking about setting up a starbucks there.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2009 09:14:16 am
      This is so right.

I don't think he's ever come out and say "We were 2nd best" , has he?
      Mr Wiggles
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2009 03:41:15 pm
      Haha f***in alco !
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2009 03:16:44 pm
      Graham Poll's Official Line: Sorry, Sir Alex, you're wrong - United defender Vidic rightly saw red and Liverpool captain Carra on Owen was just yellow
      Another big game; another referee under siege.

Let’s deal with the decisions first. It is frustrating for referees to get things right, then be criticised by observers who are ignorant of the laws. For a player to be dismissed for denying a scoring opportunity, the player fouled must be heading towards the goal, not just the goal line.

Good job: Andre Marriner got the big calls right

So when Michael Owen was pulled down by Jamie Carragher in the 87th minute, Andre Marriner had an easy, routine decision: a direct free kick and a yellow card. It could not be a red card, whatever Sir Alex Ferguson and TV experts assert.

Marriner was also correct to dismiss Nemanja Vidic in stoppage time for his second yellow card, after he deliberately blocked Dirk Kuyt on the halfway line — again not the denial of a scoring opportunity, but a cautionable offence.

Carragher’s challenge on Michael Carrick was good. His momentum took him through the midfielder, but he came in from the side and got the ball.
      Sir Alex suggested Marriner’s inexperience might have been a factor. It was his first top-four clash, but he is an international referee ranked fifth in England with more than 60 games in six Premier League seasons.
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1222963/Graham-Polls-Official-Line-Sorry-Sir-Alex-youre-wrong.html

End of the story Ferguscum. Graham Poll, England's most respected, retired referee has come out and say you're wrong.

Stop whining Fergie and you all shitty mancs... the better team won, end of the story.

Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #21: Oct 30, 2009 03:27:16 pm
      Fergie's getting his coffin ready would be more of a suitable title :D
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 30, 2009 07:00:13 pm
      It's about time people started to speak up against Ferguson,for too many years he has been getting away with it and everybody should agree with him but it look's like the tide is changing and people are seeing him for what he is,a bitter manc b*stard.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #23: Oct 30, 2009 07:19:43 pm
      Couldn't we get him breathalyzed before each game.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Nov 07, 2009 06:54:25 pm
      As ungracious as ever,time for the senile old git to go to a mental asylum,how the F**k is he a sir?
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #25: Nov 08, 2009 06:02:28 pm
      I was waiting for him to have an aneurism during today's game against Chelski. Wonder of he will grace our screens with the words from the mountain or will he be true to form and be a bad loser and blame everyone but his team.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #26: Nov 08, 2009 06:03:47 pm
      As ungracious as ever,time for the senile old git to go to a mental asylum,how the f**k is he a sir?

A morally bankrupt individual who is an open supporter of a morally corrupt Government......alledged ly
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Nov 08, 2009 06:10:03 pm
      I bet his embalming fluids boiling tonight,haha! :lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Nov 08, 2009 06:31:45 pm
      As much as I hate to say it, he is a brilliant manager.

Mind you he's a hypocritical, arse of a man.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29: Nov 08, 2009 06:49:47 pm
      I was waiting for him to have an aneurism during today's game against Chelski. Wonder of he will grace our screens with the words from the mountain or will he be true to form and be a bad loser and blame everyone but his team.
      If nothing else the man is a consistent pr**k and will be conspicuous by his absence, he is so arrogant and ill mannered that he feels he does not need to show any grace in defeat, TBH he's got no redeeming features whatever the occasion. He's just a septic old b***ard and a disgrace to his profession.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #30: Nov 08, 2009 07:52:55 pm
      His team or no better every decision that went against them the players were surrounding the ref, i thought the ( spinless ) FA were to stop this
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 08, 2009 08:53:09 pm
      When are the FA panel punishing him?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #32: Nov 08, 2009 11:36:28 pm
      So,

Lost to Chelsea - unhappy with referee's performance
      Lost to us - Poor refereeing
      Drew with Sunderland - Alan Wiley unfit.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 09, 2009 12:06:48 am
      he should be loving the ref v chelsea... he was the same ref who give scums chance to score in the 97th min V City
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #34: Nov 09, 2009 12:48:13 am
      he should be loving the ref v chelsea... he was the same ref who give scums chance to score in the 97th min V City
      I thought that was Alan Wiley. The game earlier was Martin Atkinson, wasn't it?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #35: Nov 09, 2009 07:48:56 am
      He really has lost the plot!

Fergie slams 'ridiculous' goal

United boss insists Terry's goal should not have counted

Sir Alex Ferguson insisted John Terry's winner should not have been allowed to stand after Manchester United lost to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Terry headed home in the 76th minute despite appeals by the United players for an infringement by Didier Drogba.

A frustrated Ferguson afterwards criticised referee Martin Atkinson, believing he should have been better positioned to see the incident.

"The referee was in a ridiculous position - he couldn't see anything," he told Sky Sports.

"He had a Chelsea player standing right in front of him and he didn't even move.

"It was a bad decision."

Disappointed

Asked if the goal perhaps ruined any chance United had of winning the game, he said: "That goal should not have been allowed.

"We dominated the game, we had great chances to win the match.

"We had great opportunities in terms of the football we played to get in and around the box.

"We should be finishing it off much better, we only have ourselves to blame for that."

Reflecting on the gap at the top of the table, he added: "The fact that Chelsea have gone five points clear of us is a concern."

Skysports
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36: Nov 09, 2009 10:23:26 am
      He should get severe punishment for this latest outburst but he wont and we all know it.

Have to say though I agree with what he said about their goal - it was never a foul.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #37: Nov 09, 2009 11:49:35 am
      spot on adryan
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #38: Nov 09, 2009 12:00:42 pm
      No one listens to the soft arl b***ard any more if he didn't rant and rave everytime a decision goes against them then maybe he might be listened to when his protests are genuine. Taking defeat gracefully is not such a bad thing cos when decisions are mis judged then any protests might be considered and not looked upon negatively which is what Ferguson has achieved, Ancelotti was commenting as well about their players actively asking the ref. to send players off by waving imaginary red cards in the air!!  As the man said you reap what you sow and Ferguson does a good Grim Reaper
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #39: Nov 09, 2009 12:08:43 pm
      So, what's it for Ferguscum now?

3 in 3? Seems to be commenting on referees every game he doesn't win.

He should look at the fact that his players were trying to get some Chelsea players sent off and playing diry after going down.

To be fair to Man United, that Terry goal could have been flagged offside in another week but that happens to every team. There's no perfect game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Mr Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)
      Reply #40: Nov 09, 2009 02:37:28 pm
      The c**t's got away with it again.

Next time Rafa is in trouble, just hold a F***ing picture of this tosser and point to it as Rafa's defence! If he can call someone unfit, stupid, etc. then no one is going to be punished.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Nov 09, 2009 02:57:10 pm

Enough Said. :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #42: Nov 09, 2009 03:30:02 pm
      Almost a similar story but different headline.

Ferguson to escape punishment
      http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item351226/Ferguson-to-escape-punishment/

Sir Alex Ferguson will not face any action from the English FA over his criticism of Martin Atkinson following Man United's defeat by Chelsea.

Ferguson condemned the decision to award the free-kick that led to the goal as "absolutely ridiculous" and said he is losing his faith in refereeing.

It is understood however the FA are not planning to take any action against the United manager as he did not question the referee's integrity or claim there was any bias.

Atkinson awarded a free-kick for Darren Fletcher's challenge on Ashley Cole and Wes Brown appeared to be impeded as Frank Lampard's delivery was turned into the net by John Terry.

Ferguson said afterwards: "Clearly, Darren Fletcher's won the ball - Ashley Cole's never touched and has jumped up in the air - and then (Didier) Drogba's pulled Brown to the ground for the goal.

"The referee's position to make the decision was absolutely ridiculous - he can't see anything. He's got a Chelsea player (Joe Cole) standing right in front of him - and he doesn't even move.

"It was a bad decision, but there's nothing we can do about it. You lose faith in refereeing sometimes, that's the way the players are talking in there - it was a bad one."

The time he gets punished is when we've been in our new stadium for 2 years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #43: Nov 09, 2009 11:31:45 pm
      thats well funny mate  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 10, 2009 12:13:53 am

Nah Alan Wiley was the Sunderland game i think

But the gamw V Man City it was Martin Atkinson, same ref as Sunday..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #45: Nov 10, 2009 10:37:52 am
      The whole crew are losing it - Darren Fletcher says he is being targeted by refs. because of comments by Arsene Wenger who said that "one unnamed player got away with fouls against his side " when the two met at old toilet in August??? There's only one man who consistently affects refs. decisions and he should be looking a bit closer to home, the culprit could well end up losing them a few more games as officials react to Fergusons psychotic rants which are becoming more deranged on a weekly basis.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #46: Nov 10, 2009 10:48:09 am
      Nah Alan Wiley was the Sunderland game I think

But the gamw V Man City it was Martin Atkinson, same ref as Sunday..

If I'm right. Alan Wiley was the ref between Sunderland and Man United.
      He was the 4th official when Man United played Man City.
      Martin Atkinson - Chelsea vs Man United
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Nov 10, 2009 04:19:26 pm
      Seems Fergie could be starting to lose his control over the Refs.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #48: Nov 11, 2009 10:52:50 am

;D :D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #49: Nov 11, 2009 11:22:22 am
      The c**t's got away with it again.

Next time Rafa is in trouble, just hold a f**king picture of this tosser and point to it as Rafa's defence! If he can call someone unfit, stupid, etc. then no one is going to be punished.

Isn't this what Rafa said in his (supposed) rant last season?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #50: Nov 11, 2009 12:23:12 pm
      Isn't this what Rafa said in his (supposed) rant last season?

Wouldn't even call it a rant.

Still believe he was spot-on with everything he said about that alcoholic arsehole.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Nov 11, 2009 10:14:31 pm
      Wouldn't even call it a rant.

Still believe he was spot-on with everything he said about that alcoholic arsehole.

I have a problem with people calling it a rant, probably shouldn't have put the supposed in brackets, it was a calm, deliberate, methodical attack and I think we're starting, slowly, to see it soak in to others sensibilities.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #52: Nov 12, 2009 02:16:29 pm
      Just announced on SSN that Mr Ferguson has got a four match touchline ban.

Two now and two of which are suspended.

Plus a ÂŁ20,000 fine.  :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #53: Nov 12, 2009 02:37:17 pm
      Just announced on SSN that Mr Ferguson has got a four match touchline ban.

Two now and two of which are suspended.

Plus a ÂŁ20,000 fine.  :D
      F**k the ban and the money when are they going to suspend him and where do I buy a ticket? Can't wait to see the arl b***ard swing.   ;D
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Justice!
      Reply #54: Nov 12, 2009 02:41:12 pm
      Fergie fined and banned

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has received a two-match touchline ban for his comments about referee Alan Wiley's fitness.

The Football Association handed the 67-year-old a four-game ban, with two of those suspended until the end of the 2010-11 season.

Ferguson has also been fined ÂŁ20,000 and warned about his future conduct.

He made disparaging remarks about Wiley's fitness after his side's 2-2 draw with Sunderland on 3 October.

Ferguson apologised to the official and pleaded guilty to the FA's charge of improper conduct, but requested a personal hearing.

Peter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.

"Having said that, it was made clear to Sir Alex that with such stature comes increased responsibilities.

"The commission considered his admitted remarks, in the context in which they were made, were not just improper but were grossly improper and wholly inappropriate. He should never have said what he did say."

The suspended sanction will be automatically activated should Ferguson be found guilty of a similar charge before the end of the 2010-11 season on top of any sanction imposed for that offence.

Referees' union Prospect wanted Ferguson to be banned from stadiums during his team's matches following his criticism of Wiley's fitness.

606: DEBATE
      Should have been banned to the stands for the remainder of the season

Staeh
      Ferguson launched into a furious attack on Wiley in the wake of his side's 1-1 draw against Sunderland, fuming: "The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. He was not fit."

He later said he was sorry for any personal embarrassment caused to Wiley, claiming the comments were to highlight "what I believe to be a serious and important issue in the game".

But Alan Leighton, head of Prospect, felt Ferguson's apology had been "half-hearted".

He called on the Scot to receive an enhanced ban, as opposed to the standard touchline ban which allows managers to observe matches from the stands.

Leighton later told BBC Sport: "We think that the attack on Alan Wiley was an attack on his professionalism, struck at the heart of his professionalism and was totally unwarranted.

"Since then we believe he has broadened out that attack to talk about the fitness of other referees and hasn't retracted that main allegation that Alan was unfit.

"Some people suggest it is us picking on Sir Alex. I'm not interested in previous. If this had gone unchecked, other managers would have felt able to make similar slurs and that fundamentally brings the game into disrepute."

While managers are allowed to comment on an official's performance, the FA insists any remarks must not imply bias, question their integrity or engage in what could be construed as a personal attack.

Ferguson has a history of improper conduct charges for incidents involving referees.

In the 2007-08 season he was given a two-match touchline ban and fined ÂŁ5,000 for a rant at referee Mark Clattenburg during a match at Bolton.

And during the last campaign he was banned for two games and fined ÂŁ10,000 after remonstrating with referee Mike Dean after a match against Hull.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8314326.stm
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Justice!
      Reply #55: Nov 12, 2009 03:14:43 pm
      Good. Completely deserved.

Maybe the FA aren't spineless tw*ts after all.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #56: Nov 12, 2009 03:38:08 pm
      Just "two match ban"? He deserved four.  >:(
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #57: Nov 12, 2009 04:02:05 pm
      Just "two match ban"? He deserved four.  >:(

Two match ban with two of them suspended until the end of the 2010-11 season.

There's no way Mr Ferguson is gonna be able to keep his mouth shut that long!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #58: Nov 12, 2009 04:05:09 pm
      Only?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #59: Nov 12, 2009 04:06:19 pm
      Should have had 4.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Nov 12, 2009 04:12:42 pm

Agreed.

Wait, i read it wrong. I thought you said 40.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #61: Nov 12, 2009 04:38:30 pm
      2 match ban is fuckall in terms of what that piss artist has been saying,once again fergie gets away with it.
      Just to point out do you think he goes out of his way to make comments about refs so they can give him easier decisions on the pitch,bit of reverse phycology?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #62: Nov 12, 2009 04:38:45 pm
      Mind you they did give him a good hefty fine
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #63: Nov 12, 2009 04:59:14 pm
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #64: Nov 12, 2009 06:31:40 pm
      Typical FA, they'll do anything to appease Ferguson, I really thought that maybe this time, he would get what any other manager would get in similar circumstances. What must the referees be feeling now, is their any wonder they can't do anything against Ferguson, because everytime the refs do something the FA do not back them, un-F***ing-believable. After this last fiasco he has been given the green light to abuse the referee all he wants to, which means when he losses he blames the ref, when he wins he's quiet. He sounds like a petulant child who can only get his own way when he rants and raves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #65: Nov 12, 2009 07:38:58 pm
      Typical FA, they'll do anything to appease Ferguson, I really thought that maybe this time, he would get what any other manager would get in similar circumstances. What must the referees be feeling now, is their any wonder they can't do anything against Ferguson, because everytime the refs do something the FA do not back them, un-F***ing-believable. After this last fiasco he has been given the green light to abuse the referee all he wants to, which means when he losses he blames the ref, when he wins he's quiet. He sounds like a petulant child who can only get his own way when he rants and raves.
      It's a miracle any action was taken the old b***ard kicked off again last week and the FA dissappeared up their own arseholes and didn't even reprimand him, he's not in control and eventually   he's gonna go too far and the men in white coats will carry him away.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #66: Nov 12, 2009 07:50:48 pm
      Merged into this thread. Two topics talking about the same thing.

2 or 4 match ban plus a ÂŁ20,000 fine?

Add up all the ones he's missed out on and this one is f*ck all compared.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #67: Nov 12, 2009 10:00:06 pm
      Surprise surprise 2 of them 4 games ban are suspended.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #68: Nov 13, 2009 06:17:51 am
      The ref at the centre of it all said its a joke and some refs have even stated that a ban should be a ban and not even be allowed to sit in the stands so why havn't the FA taken that sort of action,it's a joke.   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,994 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #69: Nov 13, 2009 07:29:04 am
      A two match ban means absolutely nothing, it doesn't stop him getting his messages through to the players. As for the fine? Ive seen him go through 20 bags on the roulette wheel in one nite so that wont hurt his pocket ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #70: Nov 13, 2009 09:09:36 am
      There's talk about the refs. association suing Ferguson for defamation of character they are obviously unhappy with the FA judgement of the case, perhaps judgement is the wrong word and condoning is more appropriate.
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2009 10:25:19 am by stuey »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #71: Nov 13, 2009 01:01:11 pm
      What a ridiculously lenient punishment   ::)

There's talk about the refs. association suing Ferguson for defamation of character they are obviously unhappy with the FA judgement of the case, perhaps judgement is the wrong word and condoning is more appropriate.

Hope something comes of this.  Sounds like he's really pissed the refs off this time.  Good.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #72: Nov 13, 2009 01:28:30 pm
      Lenient as ever from the lilly livered pricks at the FA,no way will Fergie keep quiet until next season let alone next year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #73: Nov 13, 2009 02:21:53 pm
      What a ridiculously lenient punishment   ::)

Hope something comes of this.  Sounds like he's really pissed the refs off this time.  Good.
      It was bound to happen with the FA consistently ignoring the abuse and spite that pour from his septic mouth, for reasons best known to themselves.When they are forced to make a disciplinary gesture and are seen to once again fail miserably the only course of action is to take the case to a neutral hearing, neutral being the operative word here because the FA are as neutral as A. Hitler.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      Reply #74: Nov 13, 2009 08:43:49 pm
      F.A.= spinless
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #75: Nov 17, 2009 01:03:38 am
      Sir Alex Ferguson is finally forced to face facts ten months after Rafael Benitez attack
      Tony Evans  November 17, 2009

One of the stunning moments of last season came in January when Rafael BenĂ­tez launched his attack on Sir Alex Ferguson.

Liverpool needed to win away to Stoke City to go top of the Barclays Premier League and before the game Benítez produced a list of things that irritated him about the Manchester United manager’s actions, focusing on the Scot’s complaints about fixtures and his perceived bullying of referees.

It became known as “Rafa’s Rant”, despite the calmness of delivery and considered preparation. Liverpool drew with Stoke and it was widely considered to be a failed attempt to take on Ferguson in mind games.

Fast forward ten months and Ferguson appears to be on the retreat in his battle with referees, and the FA has handed the United manager an unprecedented touchline ban after his post-match complaints about Alan Wiley’s fitness.

Does Benítez allow himself a wry smile of satisfaction? “No,” he said. “I thought it was the best way to put things across and that people would see something that everybody knew and maybe no one could say. I said it. I was talking about facts.

“Now the situation is different, but you still see things that you could say . . .” He stops, laughs and changes tack. “It’s better to leave it and focus on my team and try to improve our performance. That’s the best way to help my team.”

Like Ferguson, Benítez has strong views on referees. “I’ve supported them,” he said. “It is really difficult to be a referee, so I have to support them.” How? “With technology and by trying not to create too much controversy after games.”

Benítez, of course, was warned by the FA last month for a mild brush with the officials. The Liverpool manager had been asked about Phil Dowd’s performance in the match against Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of the season.

His response was to take out his glasses and study them, implying the referee could borrow them. It was a rare blemish on Benítez’s record. “We are managers and you cannot guarantee you will not be in a situation where you have to complain,” he said.

What sort of technology would Benítez like to see used? “One thing would be television for disciplinary issues — bad tackles, aggression,” he said. “It would help referees because the players would know they are being watched and be more careful.”

One bugbear is the offside rule, which he believes has become too complex and too open to interpretation. “If we do not change this rule, we will have problems every game,” he said. “Before, if a player was offside, everybody knew. Now it depends on position, interfering with play. You could see this with the goal by Chelsea against Manchester United. You can talk about it for a month and still have different opinions. If they don’t change the rule, it will be a mess.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6919459.ece
      RedLFCBlood
      Alex Fergusons mind games thread / Official laugh at Fergie thread.
      Reply #76: Jan 23, 2010 09:57:32 am
      Well we all know what a sh*t house Fergie is and we have all seen how much he tries to unsettle clubs/players with his little snipes at them, so stick them all in here and lets have a laugh at the drunken old whiskey nosed c**t.

Fergie: United will win second leg... City can't handle the pressure

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-United-will-win-second-leg-as-Manchester-City-can-t-handle-the-pressure-article297043.html

Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested Manchester City may not have the mental strength to handle next week's decisive Carling Cup tie.

Fergie took a sly dig at City by claiming Manchester United will be better prepared for the return clash because they are more used to playing big games.

The spat between Carlos Tevez and Gary Neville has led to the FA contacting both clubs to remind their players of their responsibilities and duty to behave.

But Fergie hinted that City might not be able to handle the pressure by claiming United have more experience of handling such occasions.

"We're used to big games," said Fergie. "I'm not interested in Tevez. He's not our player any more, so I've nothing to say about it.

"Players argue with each other and they have a go at each other time and time again. But it's not an issue for us."

Fergie hid behind Arsene Wenger's infamous excuse when asked to comment on Neville's conduct in giving Tevez the finger after the City striker's first goal in the 2-1 win

"What conduct?" said Fergie, in reference to Neville's crude middle-finger gesture. "I didn't see that at all."

City boss Roberto Mancini, who will rest Tevez for today's FA Cup tie at Scunthorpe to ensure he is fresh for the United game, was more forthcoming on the fall-out from the first game.

"Sometimes these things can happen after a match," said Mancini. "Players are tired, but for me it's finished.

"It's important now that we think of football. I'm sure that for the next game against United, Carlos will be calm and will only think of playing football.

"I don't think there will be problems in the second leg. In England it's beautiful, because the supporters go to a match only for the football. The people are just serious about that."

United's exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Leeds means their Old Trafford clash with Hull is the Premier League's only game this weekend.

Fergie's men can go top with victory and the United boss said he was prepared for a three-way tussle for the title following Arsenal's revival.

"A few weeks ago Arsenal were written off, but that's nature of this league this season," said Fergie.

"But Arsenal's consistency in the past few weeks has made it a three-way fight at the top.

"If you can go on a consistent run you'll have a great chance this season, because people are dropping points everywhere.

"So the Hull game is an opportunity for us to get to that position. Then we have Arsenal next Sunday, which will be a massive game.

"They play Chelsea the following week, so it's interesting times. You have to win your games now.

"But I think it's going to be the lowest points total to win the title for a while. Maybe 82 will do it, whereas we won it with 90 last season.

"What's made it that way is the number of teams who are challenging to get into the top four."

Personally I hope City smack them and Tevez gets a hat-trick, will be funny as F**k watching Fergie squirm. ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010 12:23:12 am by crouchinho, Reason: People get offended with the word \'rape\' - now \'smack\'. »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Re: Alex Fergusons mind games thread / Official laugh at Fergie thread.
      Reply #77: Jan 23, 2010 01:45:33 pm
      I do not like this word RAPE that is being used to describe a football performance. Can we please stop using it. Rape is a heinous crime, one I would not wish on anyone.

But yes I too hope City give the scum a good tonking.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      Reply #78: Jan 23, 2010 05:00:43 pm
      Love to see his and ratboy's face when City turn them over on Tuesday
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #79: Jan 23, 2010 05:07:41 pm
      I reckon one Laugh at the mancs thread is enough Daryl mate ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Jan 23, 2010 05:16:28 pm
      I do not like this word RAPE that is being used to describe a football performance. Can we please stop using it. Rape is a heinous crime, one I would not wish on anyone.

But yes I too hope City give the scum a good tonking.

You have Alan Pardew to blame mate :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #81: Jan 23, 2010 06:00:08 pm

F***ing hell, I remember that now!

Forgot all about Pardew saying that and on TV as well.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #82: Jan 23, 2010 09:10:25 pm
      Fergie and his mind games and they do work at times... But City are new to this... They need to play they own mind games on the whiskey nose

I am hoping for City to 'rip them apart' with Tevex hat trick...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #83: Jan 24, 2010 12:23:41 am
      Topics merged.

And he's a c**t.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #84: Jan 24, 2010 01:36:19 am
      F***ing hell, I remember that now!

Forgot all about Pardew saying that and on TV as well.

Haha

Alan Pardew Rape Comment on MOTD2

Oh dear :P
      Little Mac
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #85: Jan 24, 2010 10:13:51 am
      To be honest, I have absolutely nothing against Sir Alex Ferguson but his rant is a pain in my neck. It's very easy to blame referees instead to blame his own team. What can referees for if Manchester Utd fucks up? Nothing! But there are always people who blame referees first instead to think about their own mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to protect referees. Referees can also do mistakes because they had probably a bad day but it's never refs' intention to do mistakes. Alex Ferguson can also do mistakes, also his players, e.g. Ryan Giggs. He missed to score an open goal against Arsenal in recent years.

Well, Mr Ferguson, calm down!
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010 10:41:17 am by Little Mac »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #86: Mar 19, 2010 11:07:33 pm
      So i just saw an interview on Sky Sports News in which Fergie was calling the FA dysfunctional and inconsistent because of the Gerrard incident being overlooked. Hmm, how bout all those times you got off then you dumb alcoholic F**k?

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #87: Mar 20, 2010 01:24:07 am
      I read that David.

That fat c*nt should see how many FA incidents he has been allowed to walk away before talking about us. Just mind games, IMO.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #88: Mar 20, 2010 01:57:38 am
      Yeah, wouldn't be his style to keep his mouth shut before a Liverpool game eh?

He also said he's "adamant" what happened in last season's corresponding fixture, won't happen again.

My god i hope we F**k these fuckers over bad.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #89: Mar 20, 2010 05:08:43 am
      Excerpts from his interview yesterday:

On Liverpool getting ‘the breaks’ with disciplinary issues this year:
      Yes, we know that. They do all right. They are lucky like that. Maybe one day we will get lucky.
      :lmao:

On Nemanja Vidic being sent off in his past three games against Liverpool:
      The two at Anfield were definitely influenced by the crowd and the Liverpool players. I have looked at them again. I don’t think it will affect him this time. With Rio Ferdinand
      and Vidic coming back, you can see a much greater presence at the back now.
      Really? He didn't deserve those reds? :roll:

On last season’s 4-1 defeat at Old Trafford:
      Well it was a one-off, it won’t happen again, I can assure you. Absolutely no chance. It was an abnormal blip. We were well over it the next week and went on to win the League.

Yeah? Somebody remind him they lost to Fulham the next week! :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1259298/Liverpool-bury-United-boss-Fergie-eager-Rafa-revenge.html
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #90: Mar 20, 2010 05:25:52 am
      Quote from: Fergie
      With Rio Ferdinand and Vidic coming back, you can see a much greater presence at the back now.

And which two players were skinned for us to win the game last time and the time before?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #91: Mar 20, 2010 05:36:09 am
      Just a prime example to all of Fergie seeing the real problem and then just overlooking it and seeing it as nothing - but then seeing the exact same problem at another team and highlighting it.

w**ker, fuckhead, bellend, personified he is.

Quick Reply