Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mr Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)

Read 10649 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,990 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Mr Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)
      Reply #69: Nov 13, 2009 07:29:04 am
      A two match ban means absolutely nothing, it doesn't stop him getting his messages through to the players. As for the fine? Ive seen him go through 20 bags on the roulette wheel in one nite so that wont hurt his pocket ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #70: Nov 13, 2009 09:09:36 am
      There's talk about the refs. association suing Ferguson for defamation of character they are obviously unhappy with the FA judgement of the case, perhaps judgement is the wrong word and condoning is more appropriate.
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2009 10:25:19 am by stuey »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #71: Nov 13, 2009 01:01:11 pm
      What a ridiculously lenient punishment   ::)

There's talk about the refs. association suing Ferguson for defamation of character they are obviously unhappy with the FA judgement of the case, perhaps judgement is the wrong word and condoning is more appropriate.

Hope something comes of this.  Sounds like he's really pissed the refs off this time.  Good.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #72: Nov 13, 2009 01:28:30 pm
      Lenient as ever from the lilly livered pricks at the FA,no way will Fergie keep quiet until next season let alone next year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #73: Nov 13, 2009 02:21:53 pm
      What a ridiculously lenient punishment   ::)

Hope something comes of this.  Sounds like he's really pissed the refs off this time.  Good.
      It was bound to happen with the FA consistently ignoring the abuse and spite that pour from his septic mouth, for reasons best known to themselves.When they are forced to make a disciplinary gesture and are seen to once again fail miserably the only course of action is to take the case to a neutral hearing, neutral being the operative word here because the FA are as neutral as A. Hitler.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #74: Nov 13, 2009 08:43:49 pm
      F.A.= spinless
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #75: Nov 17, 2009 01:03:38 am
      Sir Alex Ferguson is finally forced to face facts ten months after Rafael Benitez attack
      Tony Evans  November 17, 2009

One of the stunning moments of last season came in January when Rafael BenĂ­tez launched his attack on Sir Alex Ferguson.

Liverpool needed to win away to Stoke City to go top of the Barclays Premier League and before the game Benítez produced a list of things that irritated him about the Manchester United manager’s actions, focusing on the Scot’s complaints about fixtures and his perceived bullying of referees.

It became known as “Rafa’s Rant”, despite the calmness of delivery and considered preparation. Liverpool drew with Stoke and it was widely considered to be a failed attempt to take on Ferguson in mind games.

Fast forward ten months and Ferguson appears to be on the retreat in his battle with referees, and the FA has handed the United manager an unprecedented touchline ban after his post-match complaints about Alan Wiley’s fitness.

Does Benítez allow himself a wry smile of satisfaction? “No,” he said. “I thought it was the best way to put things across and that people would see something that everybody knew and maybe no one could say. I said it. I was talking about facts.

“Now the situation is different, but you still see things that you could say . . .” He stops, laughs and changes tack. “It’s better to leave it and focus on my team and try to improve our performance. That’s the best way to help my team.”

Like Ferguson, Benítez has strong views on referees. “I’ve supported them,” he said. “It is really difficult to be a referee, so I have to support them.” How? “With technology and by trying not to create too much controversy after games.”

Benítez, of course, was warned by the FA last month for a mild brush with the officials. The Liverpool manager had been asked about Phil Dowd’s performance in the match against Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of the season.

His response was to take out his glasses and study them, implying the referee could borrow them. It was a rare blemish on Benítez’s record. “We are managers and you cannot guarantee you will not be in a situation where you have to complain,” he said.

What sort of technology would Benítez like to see used? “One thing would be television for disciplinary issues — bad tackles, aggression,” he said. “It would help referees because the players would know they are being watched and be more careful.”

One bugbear is the offside rule, which he believes has become too complex and too open to interpretation. “If we do not change this rule, we will have problems every game,” he said. “Before, if a player was offside, everybody knew. Now it depends on position, interfering with play. You could see this with the goal by Chelsea against Manchester United. You can talk about it for a month and still have different opinions. If they don’t change the rule, it will be a mess.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6919459.ece
      RedLFCBlood
      Alex Fergusons mind games thread / Official laugh at Fergie thread.
      Reply #76: Jan 23, 2010 09:57:32 am
      Well we all know what a sh*t house Fergie is and we have all seen how much he tries to unsettle clubs/players with his little snipes at them, so stick them all in here and lets have a laugh at the drunken old whiskey nosed c**t.

Fergie: United will win second leg... City can't handle the pressure

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-United-will-win-second-leg-as-Manchester-City-can-t-handle-the-pressure-article297043.html

Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested Manchester City may not have the mental strength to handle next week's decisive Carling Cup tie.

Fergie took a sly dig at City by claiming Manchester United will be better prepared for the return clash because they are more used to playing big games.

The spat between Carlos Tevez and Gary Neville has led to the FA contacting both clubs to remind their players of their responsibilities and duty to behave.

But Fergie hinted that City might not be able to handle the pressure by claiming United have more experience of handling such occasions.

"We're used to big games," said Fergie. "I'm not interested in Tevez. He's not our player any more, so I've nothing to say about it.

"Players argue with each other and they have a go at each other time and time again. But it's not an issue for us."

Fergie hid behind Arsene Wenger's infamous excuse when asked to comment on Neville's conduct in giving Tevez the finger after the City striker's first goal in the 2-1 win

"What conduct?" said Fergie, in reference to Neville's crude middle-finger gesture. "I didn't see that at all."

City boss Roberto Mancini, who will rest Tevez for today's FA Cup tie at Scunthorpe to ensure he is fresh for the United game, was more forthcoming on the fall-out from the first game.

"Sometimes these things can happen after a match," said Mancini. "Players are tired, but for me it's finished.

"It's important now that we think of football. I'm sure that for the next game against United, Carlos will be calm and will only think of playing football.

"I don't think there will be problems in the second leg. In England it's beautiful, because the supporters go to a match only for the football. The people are just serious about that."

United's exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Leeds means their Old Trafford clash with Hull is the Premier League's only game this weekend.

Fergie's men can go top with victory and the United boss said he was prepared for a three-way tussle for the title following Arsenal's revival.

"A few weeks ago Arsenal were written off, but that's nature of this league this season," said Fergie.

"But Arsenal's consistency in the past few weeks has made it a three-way fight at the top.

"If you can go on a consistent run you'll have a great chance this season, because people are dropping points everywhere.

"So the Hull game is an opportunity for us to get to that position. Then we have Arsenal next Sunday, which will be a massive game.

"They play Chelsea the following week, so it's interesting times. You have to win your games now.

"But I think it's going to be the lowest points total to win the title for a while. Maybe 82 will do it, whereas we won it with 90 last season.

"What's made it that way is the number of teams who are challenging to get into the top four."

Personally I hope City smack them and Tevez gets a hat-trick, will be funny as F**k watching Fergie squirm. ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010 12:23:12 am by crouchinho, Reason: People get offended with the word \'rape\' - now \'smack\'. »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Alex Fergusons mind games thread / Official laugh at Fergie thread.
      Reply #77: Jan 23, 2010 01:45:33 pm
      I do not like this word RAPE that is being used to describe a football performance. Can we please stop using it. Rape is a heinous crime, one I would not wish on anyone.

But yes I too hope City give the scum a good tonking.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #78: Jan 23, 2010 05:00:43 pm
      Love to see his and ratboy's face when City turn them over on Tuesday
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #79: Jan 23, 2010 05:07:41 pm
      I reckon one Laugh at the mancs thread is enough Daryl mate ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Jan 23, 2010 05:16:28 pm
      I do not like this word RAPE that is being used to describe a football performance. Can we please stop using it. Rape is a heinous crime, one I would not wish on anyone.

But yes I too hope City give the scum a good tonking.

You have Alan Pardew to blame mate :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #81: Jan 23, 2010 06:00:08 pm

F***ing hell, I remember that now!

Forgot all about Pardew saying that and on TV as well.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #82: Jan 23, 2010 09:10:25 pm
      Fergie and his mind games and they do work at times... But City are new to this... They need to play they own mind games on the whiskey nose

I am hoping for City to 'rip them apart' with Tevex hat trick...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #83: Jan 24, 2010 12:23:41 am
      Topics merged.

And he's a c**t.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #84: Jan 24, 2010 01:36:19 am
      F***ing hell, I remember that now!

Forgot all about Pardew saying that and on TV as well.

Haha

Alan Pardew Rape Comment on MOTD2

Oh dear :P
      Little Mac
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #85: Jan 24, 2010 10:13:51 am
      To be honest, I have absolutely nothing against Sir Alex Ferguson but his rant is a pain in my neck. It's very easy to blame referees instead to blame his own team. What can referees for if Manchester Utd fucks up? Nothing! But there are always people who blame referees first instead to think about their own mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to protect referees. Referees can also do mistakes because they had probably a bad day but it's never refs' intention to do mistakes. Alex Ferguson can also do mistakes, also his players, e.g. Ryan Giggs. He missed to score an open goal against Arsenal in recent years.

Well, Mr Ferguson, calm down!
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010 10:41:17 am by Little Mac »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #86: Mar 19, 2010 11:07:33 pm
      So i just saw an interview on Sky Sports News in which Fergie was calling the FA dysfunctional and inconsistent because of the Gerrard incident being overlooked. Hmm, how bout all those times you got off then you dumb alcoholic F**k?

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #87: Mar 20, 2010 01:24:07 am
      I read that David.

That fat c*nt should see how many FA incidents he has been allowed to walk away before talking about us. Just mind games, IMO.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #88: Mar 20, 2010 01:57:38 am
      Yeah, wouldn't be his style to keep his mouth shut before a Liverpool game eh?

He also said he's "adamant" what happened in last season's corresponding fixture, won't happen again.

My god i hope we F**k these fuckers over bad.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #89: Mar 20, 2010 05:08:43 am
      Excerpts from his interview yesterday:

On Liverpool getting ‘the breaks’ with disciplinary issues this year:
      Yes, we know that. They do all right. They are lucky like that. Maybe one day we will get lucky.
      :lmao:

On Nemanja Vidic being sent off in his past three games against Liverpool:
      The two at Anfield were definitely influenced by the crowd and the Liverpool players. I have looked at them again. I don’t think it will affect him this time. With Rio Ferdinand
      and Vidic coming back, you can see a much greater presence at the back now.
      Really? He didn't deserve those reds? :roll:

On last season’s 4-1 defeat at Old Trafford:
      Well it was a one-off, it won’t happen again, I can assure you. Absolutely no chance. It was an abnormal blip. We were well over it the next week and went on to win the League.

Yeah? Somebody remind him they lost to Fulham the next week! :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1259298/Liverpool-bury-United-boss-Fergie-eager-Rafa-revenge.html
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #90: Mar 20, 2010 05:25:52 am
      Quote from: Fergie
      With Rio Ferdinand and Vidic coming back, you can see a much greater presence at the back now.

And which two players were skinned for us to win the game last time and the time before?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #91: Mar 20, 2010 05:36:09 am
      Just a prime example to all of Fergie seeing the real problem and then just overlooking it and seeing it as nothing - but then seeing the exact same problem at another team and highlighting it.

w**ker, fuckhead, bellend, personified he is.

Quick Reply