Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ticket Info: Liverpool v AC Milan (Euro Cup Final)

Read 31303 times
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Re: Ticket Info: Liverpool v AC Milan (Euro Cup Final)
      Reply #69: May 16, 2007 08:19:01 pm
       ???
      I have just been searching the internet yet again looking for the holy grail that is  :o(A TICKET) :o well 3 in fact.
      I have tried every ticket tout on line and sent emails to everyone who is offering to rip me off big time, and none not one of these "off shore" touts have any tickets in there hands they always want to meet you in Athens to collect your tickets , I thought it was quite strange but didn't really spend much time on it until I came across a UEFA and UK Police announcement.

Warning letter
      UK police have sent out a warning letter to several companies and individuals offering tickets for sale to high-profile UEFA matches such as the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League finals, asking them to immediately take such tickets off the market. "The letter made it clear that illicit sale of tickets undermines the safety and segregation of fans, potentially causing significant public order and safety issues," said UEFA in a statement.
      New laws include UEFA matches
      A new legislation that came into force on 6 April makes it a criminal offence in England and Wales for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match. The fixtures under the law include, but are not limited to, every game in the UEFA Cup; every match in the UEFA Champions League; as well as every game at UEFA EURO 2008â„¢. The statute also specifically makes it a criminal offence to take any such step over the internet, whether through a website or otherwise, and to sell a ticket as part of a hospitality package.
      Illegal trade
      Given the recent law changes, the United Kingdom Football Policing Unit is working closely with UEFA, the Football Association and the Premier League (among other football authorities), the Home Office and the local police constabularies in the UK. "Each of the bodies involved has committed significant resources to ensure that the new legislation is enforced to the greatest extent allowed by law," UEFA explained. "This combined action will ensure that those who persist with their illegal trade in tickets will be identified and prosecuted."
      Internet monitoring
      UEFA continuously monitors the internet and has found abusive ticket-selling relating to the UEFA Champions League final, due to take place in Athens on Wednesday 23 May. Consequently UEFA has already cancelled a certain number of tickets sold in breach of the ticketing terms and conditions, as a clear warning sign to those involved.
      Protecting the genuine fan
      "European football's governing body's primary concern is to protect the genuine fan against possible troublemakers entering the stadium due to uncontrolled selling," UEFA said. "Based on past experience, UEFA also suspects numerous fake auctions to be placed on the internet and reiterates its warning to fans tempted to buy tickets through unreliable sources that often charge exorbitant prices and quite often do not have the tickets they purport to be selling." UEFA ad interim Chief Executive Gianni Infantino added: "I am proud to see that the high level of co-operation between UEFA and the UK authorities has led to such progress in the long-running battle against touts. Co-operation between footballing bodies and authorities is key to preventing violence."

The last paragraph is a laugh where UEFA wants to protect the geniune fan .....MY ARSE.........
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #70: May 16, 2007 08:40:55 pm
      Good post above. A reminder to everyone who is registering with the intention of posting their rip off tickets. We have been deleting most of these.

As for me - not looking good.  Still considering doing the flight thing and hoping for the best once I get over there.  I guess I will know for sure by the weekend.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #71: May 16, 2007 08:50:28 pm
      cheers JD it's amazing what you find when you spend hours on the net looking for a needle in a haystack.

I think you should go over and try for a ticket outside the ground, but i know it's a differcult decsion to make because it's not like it's just down the road.

Me i'll keep surfing and searching until the last minute, you never know I might win the Daily Mirrior comp and fly VIP. yeah right  ;D ;D ;D
      barrowlad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #72: May 17, 2007 01:28:42 pm
      hello new lad here, i live in germany as ive been in army for 16 years but go to a game whenever im home on leave, having just got back from iraq i treated myself to a bayern munich game where by chance i got chatting to some locals interested in my reds shirt, one of them had gambled on bayern reaching the final and had 2 tickets which the kind gentleman sold me for face value,so now having missed most of the season due to iraq im now off for a week in athens leaving dussledorf on tuesday, cant wait   see you all there
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #73: May 17, 2007 02:38:17 pm
       ??? Has anyone heard any rumors about the ticket issues, there seems to be a rumor going around work that we may be getting more tickets ????????
      LFC are doing another ballot for ST and FC holder with 6 stubs, the reason being not everyone who won tickets collected them. Advise on the LFC phonelines
      ??? Has anyone heard any rumors about the ticket issues, there seems to be a rumor going around work that we may be getting more tickets ????????
      LFC are doing another ballot for ST and FC holder with 6 stubs, the reason being not everyone who won tickets collected them. Advise on the LFC phonelines

LFC have run another small ballot for tickets that were not collected in the first run. All successfull candidates will be advised via the telephone today or tomorrow by and agent from the ticket office.

That's fine and dandy but what the hell happens to all the poor sods that either didn't attempt to get flights or sold there flights, will the be any help from LFC ........... not a chance.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #74: May 17, 2007 05:01:22 pm
      Iv just been told that as well  i work in a train station and all the regulars keep saying this also iv been told there are a lot of blag tickets going around as well so just be carefull who you buy them off.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #75: May 17, 2007 08:06:03 pm
       :-* :-* :-* If anyone has been lucky enough to win any tickets in the 2nd ballot and cannot go please please please will you let me know, we have our flights sorted and are going, but it would be nice to buy tickets from true liverpool fans and not get our arse's kicked by the touts outside the ground.
      Thanks
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #76: May 18, 2007 08:15:10 pm
      just to say i feel really sorry for all the people who could not get tickets because i got mine today and it was literally the best feeling i ever had , feel like the boy in charlie and the chocolate factory with the golden ticket.
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #77: May 18, 2007 08:33:45 pm
      I,m really pleased for you, it's nice to hear a bit og good news regarding tickets well done mate.....
      Me well i'm still getting my arsed kicked
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #78: May 18, 2007 08:47:01 pm
      just to say I feel really sorry for all the people who could not get tickets because I got mine today and it was literally the best feeling I ever had , feel like the boy in charlie and the chocolate factory with the golden ticket.

where u sat mate ?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #79: May 18, 2007 10:23:51 pm
      hi tommo behind the goal i think gate 31?section a ?Where you sat?are we going to do a picture.report for the forum?im up for it you are mate.why u flying from?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #80: May 18, 2007 10:28:33 pm
      hi tommo behind the goal I think gate 31?section a ?Where you sat?are we going to do a picture.report for the forum?im up for it you are mate.why u flying from?

Hi mate, I fly out on Sunday from Manchester via Frankfurt., staying for a week.
      I've gone for the £100 ticket, gate 3, section b, row22.
      I'm taking me camera, and hope to get some good shots to post on here when I return (next Sunday).
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #81: May 18, 2007 10:33:23 pm
      Hi Buddy,well i asked for  A £100 ticket,but had to settle for a cheaper one,i will do a report and some pics and hopefully have it on here by saturday.We will have to see if we have time to meet up and get a photo of any forum members attending.Is it only us two?
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #82: May 18, 2007 10:41:35 pm
       ;D ;D ;D Oh No my friend not just you and Mrtommo , Me and my lot are going as well so see you all there ;D ;D ;D ;D

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #83: May 19, 2007 10:04:17 am
      Congratulations
      Mr Tommo
      Lazb07
      Redman
      Have a great trip and bring us all back a stick of rock
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #84: May 19, 2007 04:15:34 pm
      Cheers to all the well wishers - I promise to behave and enjoy myself.
      I'll give my all in the vocal support to the lads.

This is taken from Liverpool.tv, Rick Parry trying to justify the ticket allocation - in my opinion, he is a pr**k  >:(

Most of our supporters will be aware that the controversy surrounding the ticket allocations for the Champions League Final has been greater than ever before. 
      Regrettably, many feel it has cast a shadow over the incredible achievement of the Club reaching its second Champions League Final in just three years.

Because of the intense depth of feelings, I want to give some more information on how the tickets for the final were actually allocated and to address some of the issues that have been raised in this very public debate.

We received from UEFA a total of 17,095 tickets for the Final in Athens which compares with the 20,051 for the game in Istanbul.

For any Final we have commitments to former shareholders, corporate season ticket holders, players, former players, staff and sponsors. These commitments do not change significantly from one year to another and were in place when I arrived at the Club. So when people suggest that tickets have somehow gone astray this year I think it's important that these commitments are taken into consideration.

In Istanbul, some 14,500 supporters had been to six games or more and we were able to offer each of these people the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Final. The split between season ticket holders and Fan Card holders was approximately 50:50.

For the game in Athens we had around 11,000 tickets available for general sale after the commitments I previously outlined were taken into consideration. However, although there were 3,300 people who had attended seven games, the problem was that there was a huge increase to 27,000 in the number who had attended six games.

As has been widely publicised, all those attending seven games were given the opportunity to buy a ticket for Athens, which meant that the other 27,000 supporters went into a ballot. The final number of tickets available for fans in the ballot is 7,700 which makes the chance of obtaining a ticket 1 in 3.5.

I am aware of continuous speculation about the numbers of tickets involved in the ballot and peoples’ chances of success but would like to assure our supporters that these figures have been thoroughly checked and are accurate. They also take into account that not all of our shareholders, for example, took up their allocation and the fact we were able to obtain a small additional number of tickets from the FA, for which we are grateful.

On the issue of ticket take-up it should be pointed out that because of the very tight timescales involved the first ballot had to be conducted at the same time as tickets were being offered under contractual commitments and to those who had attended seven games. Consequently, it was always likely that we would need a second ballot. I want to emphasise that the ballot itself was scrupulously conducted. It was independent, and fully computerised and there was no scope for manipulation or interference. I am aware of anecdotes concerning groups of fans who have failed to receive any tickets. I can't explain the anomalies but I have asked for the process to be checked and double-checked.

I think I should point out the total number of tickets purchased by season ticket holders will be in excess of 7,000 (at the time of writing we still don't know precisely what that figure will be as the selling process continues). The equivalent number in Istanbul was 7,900. So, despite the fact that we have 3,000 fewer tickets, the difference between the number of season ticket holders receiving tickets to the two finals is less than 1,000. A difference that is scarcely reflected in the strength of feeling that clearly exists.

Given that the ballot denied a ticket to many of our supporters who have been so instrumental in helping the team reach Athens, the outcome is understandably disappointing to those so affected. The qualification criteria were intended to be as fair as possible yet inevitably it means there are many aspects of those criteria with which individuals denied a ticket can and will take issue. However, these conditions were published at the beginning of the season and have been in place since 2002.

One of the most emotive issues with those season ticket holders with six credits who have been unsuccessful has been the inclusion within the ballot of fan card holders with just the corresponding six credits for the European games but no other games. This goes to the very heart of the reason why we introduced the fan card in the first place. We are convinced of the value of a fan card system for ensuring the invigoration of our active fan base. The sheer numbers involved prove that this is working. However, the depth of feelings over this particular aspect of the fan card system has reminded us we must never neglect our long-standing supporters.

There has also been much comment from Season ticket holders regarding their loyalty to the club and I want to recognise that commitment. However, without in any way belittling that support, I also need to point out that there are over 60,000 people on the waiting list for a season ticket, many of whom have been there for years and all of whom would dearly love the opportunity to secure a season ticket. They do their utmost to obtain tickets to all games and I also want to pay tribute to their dedication to Liverpool FC. I am certainly not going to get into a discussion about who loves the Club more as their support is equally important and this is clearly a very emotive debate.

I want again to express my regret over the heartache experienced by so many of our supporters in missing out on a ticket they deserve. I wish you could all have a ticket. I can only assure all those fans that we did our best with the very limited number of tickets we were given and at all times we have been consistent and fair.

Just as we did in 2001 at Dortmund and 2005 in Istanbul we raised our grave concerns with UEFA over what we consider a totally inadequate allocation. We have asked them again to look at the needs of the supporters as the paramount consideration in the staging of any European final and we will continue to do so. 

He states we received 17,095 tickets, and only 11,000 going to the supporters.
      What a cock this bloke is, that means 6,000+ tickets went to 'former shareholders, corporate season ticket holders, players, former players, staff and sponsors'.
      That figure represents over 1/3 of our allocation.
      It seems that our beloved club is going down the same route as all the other money grabbing clubs and selling it's faithfull supporters down the road.
      If you don't look after your supporters Rick, your going to have a very difficult time ahead of you. May I remind you that we are Liverpool Football Club and not Man Utd / Chelsea et all.
      11,000 tickets !!!!!! to us supporters.
      and you bet your life I'll have my season ticket renewal form awaiting me when I arrive home wanting £650+ to be paid 2 months before the kick off.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #85: May 19, 2007 08:23:48 pm
      Priorities definatly appear to be wrong here,I bet you mr Parry,Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett ARE TAKING 20 plus tickets each,for people who are hangers on and dont give a crap for lfc.
      Mr Leaker where are you sitting.Thommo,Leaker are there plans for forum members to meet up?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #86: May 19, 2007 08:33:38 pm
      Redman, I'll be in the main drinking fan base - wherever that'll be.
      I've given my number to Leekar (Karyn) and I think we'll be meeting up on the day.
      I'm meeting up with a lot of friends out there, but your more than welcome to be one of us.
      PM me if you want my number.
      I'm staying on Aegina Island for the week, so if not meet up on the match day, I have plenty of other time.
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #87: May 20, 2007 05:47:24 am
      Congratulations
      Mr Tommo
      Lazb07
      Redman
      Have a great trip and bring us all back a stick of rock

stuff the rock ,just bring us one of these back :champ:
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: May 20, 2007 10:35:49 am
      Well, the touts seem to have given up on here, back to life as normal. That is until we win on Wednesday & suddenly the world & his wife's a Liverpool fan. I remember back in 2005 there were 'fans' logging on who'd obviously never watched a game in their lives before the final, I remember one chap stating that we had to keep hold of Traore unless we could get £15m+ for him  :D :D :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #89: May 20, 2007 12:45:30 pm
      Well, the touts seem to have given up on here, back to life as normal. That is until we win on Wednesday & suddenly the world & his wife's a Liverpool fan. I remember back in 2005 there were 'fans' logging on who'd obviously never watched a game in their lives before the final, I remember one chap stating that we had to keep hold of Traore unless we could get £15m+ for him  :D :D :D

Either way (if the unthinkable happens) we will be inundated with United, Chelsea, bitters....

I think a ban (or require approval) on new registrations should come in Wed afternoon  for a few days.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #90: May 20, 2007 05:22:27 pm
      Hi all,

Believe more tickets were on sale this morning but again lack of communication from the club means we've missed out again.

Plea - If by ANY chance there is any true red on here who happends to have a spare ticket can you contact me. Out of four of us with season tickets and all the games on the fan card none of us got a ticket in the ballot. One of us (Ron) has got a ticket via his uncle who did qualify. I am not going and neither is my other mate as we said that our kid could have our tickets if he didn't qualify in the ballot. He still has no ticket but has flight and accomodation booked and is going out with Ron on Tuesday morning. He missed Dortmund and Istanbul and we had all said we would give our tickets to him so he could experience his first Euro final.

PM me if you can help and are genuine..no offence but muppets with hardly any posts on here will be disregarded as not gonna fall prey to the wind up merchants.

Here's hoping we can drop on (our email to the Hellenic FA went unanswered!)

Cheers

K
      FOCUSSTEVE
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #91: May 20, 2007 06:55:10 pm
      Four of us flying out tomorrow-not one ticket between us- if in the unlikely event anyone as at least one ticket at face value , it would be greatly appreciated, its my sons first european final, so anything i get is going to himas I have plenty of fond memoriesfrom years gone by. Anyway if its meant so be it, safe journey to all you redmen, see you in athens. mob number 07968981260

Quick Reply