Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

When is enough?

Read 1344 times
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 539 posts | 10 
      When is enough?
      Nov 02, 2009 01:05:16 am
      Not too sure what kind of response I will get to this subject. A little similar to a couple of others but will ask people to give there honest viewpoint on how far we would allow our on the pitch problems to continue before we should start thinking that maybe it's time for a new boss.

For the record, I would hate to see Rafa be to be ousted. I hate to see him struggle because I know he has what it takes to win this league, but is time running out for him?

How far should the club go before saying enough is enough? Will be interesting to get your views.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: When is enough?
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2009 01:09:40 am
      Negativity in the press negativity in the forums leads to negativity on in the stand leads to negativity on the pitch.

Liverpool FC is a family and to quote RedKenny earlier in another thread.

We're in a bad run mate. It's bad times. We're vulnerable. The confidence is drained. But what do you do when your friends and family are vulnerable? You stand by them and support them. No matter what they say.

That sums it up perfectly for me.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2009 01:12:28 am
      To me it is simple, he should stay till the end of the season, lets see where we end up, what we have achieved and if it isn't good enough then we should move on. What we need to avoid is bringing in a manager who is less capable than Rafa. Lets not forget also the amount of compensation money Rafa will get, it all depends on risk and reward.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2009 01:13:00 am
      Not too sure what kind of response I will get to this subject. A little similar to a couple of others but will ask people to give there honest viewpoint on how far we would allow our on the pitch problems to continue before we should start thinking that maybe it's time for a new boss.

For the record, I would hate to see Rafa be to be ousted. I hate to see him struggle because I know he has what it takes to win this league, but is time running out for him?

How far should the club go before saying enough is enough? Will be interesting to get your views.

Not very far seeing as your repeating whats being said in this thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0

Just another knee-jerk topic IMO.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2009 01:19:03 am
      Simply put, enough is when the fans and Rafa both agree is enough,not before.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2009 01:20:25 am
      Not very far seeing as your repeating whats being said in this thread http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0

Just another knee-jerk topic IMO.
      I fail to see how asking for a direct opinion as knee-jerking. Have I said he should go? Opinions, thats what I'm after. Do you not have one? If not, then please just let others post theirs, if they don't, fair play.

Until then, thanks for your input.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2009 01:24:43 am
      In his opinion... :)

Its surely not knee jerk 2 days after the event. I'm over it now, but questions like this need to be asked. Maybe not twice I grant you that ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Nov 02, 2009 01:32:58 am
      Well on a day when it's being rumoured we may have to sell Babel to Ajax for £6 million to fund a new contract for Reina, to me that shows the financial constraints Rafa is appearing to be working under.

How ever what I know through having the patience to research our finances and having a pretty much clear view of what's going on at the club and the constraints Rafa is working under regardless of the above rumour. My answer is is this Rafa is showing his commitment to the club by staying here when he is clearly being restricted by the owners bearing in mind Rafa's net spend this summer was Minus £9,750,000, Yup you read that right, Rafa did not spend a penny this summer he infact almost made a £10 million profit. So for Rafa's commitment in sticking with us, it's only right we show him the same commitment.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2009 01:52:41 am
      Yes, he made a profit this year with the sale of Alonso for 30M then only payed about 20 mill on Johnson and Kyriagkos. Plus we sold a lot of fringe players.

For that I blame H+G. No doubts about it. The profit went on refinancing the loan on the club I would guess. I don't think it is over doing it to suggest we were better off with Moores. He must rue the day he ever sold to them, and wasn't a major factor in his decision that he would maintain a place on the board under the yanks, but not with DIC? Fell for it hook line and sinker if so.

6 mill for babbel though, take it!!!!!!!!!! :P, could buy David Villas right foot for that!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2009 02:01:51 am
      Yes, he made a profit this year with the sale of Alonso for 30M then only payed about 20 mill on Johnson and Kyriagkos. Plus we sold a lot of fringe players.

For that I blame H+G. No doubts about it. The profit went on refinancing the loan on the club I would guess. I don't think it is over doing it to suggest we were better off with Moores. He must rue the day he ever sold to them, and wasn't a major factor in his decision that he would maintain a place on the board under the yanks, but not with DIC? Fell for it hook line and sinker if so.

6 mill for babbel though, take it!!!!!!!!!! :P, could buy David Villas right foot for that!!!

To be honest mate I delved into Rafa's transfers going back to 2004 both transfers in and transfers out and worked out the yearly net spend after incomings and out goings, then worked out the how much he'd spent and recouped over the five year period and then worked an average yearly net spend out which amounted to £14,139,000 which in all honesty is Paltry for a club fighting on all 4 fronts. you can find the thread here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=24667.msg496089#new

If we fail to qualify for the Champions league I can see a return to the days of shopping around in the bargain basement for mediocre players who will be here for a year/two whilst Rafa is forced to rebuild his squad, that is of course if he is still in charge as I honestly feel H&G will strip us of our best assets to make their repayments.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2009 02:14:54 am

Why you started this thread when quite clearly all there is to be talked about on this debate, is in here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0

People have put a lot of time and effort into it.

We'll see what enough is at the end of the season. Don't be hasty. Unless you fancy the Newcastle approach?

Topic locked.

Quick Reply