Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

United - forever and ever - in our shadow.

Read 5000 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      United - forever and ever - in our shadow.
      May 02, 2007 09:55:18 pm
      Do you remember the media...

A Chelsea - United final?

Yeah right.

Liverpool back against AC Milan.

Can you even believe it.

United were poor - I caught the second half and they were atrocious.  Shockingly woeful.  Football sometimes isn't about tricks and 'players of the year'. It's about team spirit, about standing your ground for 120 minutes - and coming out fighting.

The last two nights have reminded us exactly why Liverpool Football Club are the greatest football club in England, Britain, Europe and probably the World.

Goodbye Chelsea and United.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Re: United - forever and ever - in our shadow.
      Reply #1: May 02, 2007 09:58:22 pm
      watched the game kidda utd were very poor. Milan will not get such an easy ride from us!
      Red 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #2: May 02, 2007 10:02:43 pm
      That w**ker Cristiano Ronaldo was woeful tonight. Don't know why everyone thinks he'll win player of the year. I'm happy Milan made it to the finals, because now, we'll beat them again.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2007 10:07:39 pm by Red 14 »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3: May 02, 2007 10:02:56 pm
      Don't you love it when the banter has to stop and the facts speak for themselves....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: May 02, 2007 10:06:02 pm
      Do you remember the media...

A Chelsea - United final?

Yeah right.

Liverpool back against AC Milan.

Can you even believe it.

United were poor - I caught the second half and they were atrocious.  Shockingly woeful.  Football sometimes isn't about tricks and 'players of the year'. It's about team spirit, about standing your ground for 120 minutes - and coming out fighting.

The last two nights have reminded us exactly why Liverpool Football Club are the greatest football club in England, Britain, Europe and probably the World.

Goodbye Chelsea and United.

Correct !!  the saying 'Actions speak louder than words' has never been more apt.

BRING 'EM ON !! 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: May 02, 2007 10:13:21 pm
      Didn't quite catch it all - but I did flick through to it now and then.

Maybe the media will finally shed some light on our Club.

They all suck up to the sides that have the most artificial fans, players, staff, history.

They forget about all the success Liverpool achieved over the 70's, 80's, 90's, and the present.

Two European Cup Final's in the space of Three seasons not bad ay ;)

I am just watching Sky Sports News were they are interviewing Ferguson. Ferguson has said that they got their goals very cheaply... twice.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  :tosser:
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #6: May 02, 2007 10:14:41 pm
      Milan will be tough in the final especially since they will be out for revenge but at least now if we lose it wont b 2 manure and their "treble" hopes, ;D, are now out the window. And even if united somehow did beat AC they would b without Ronaldo which would make them even easier 4 us to beat.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2007 10:16:40 pm by Mickey LFC4Ever »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: May 02, 2007 11:27:04 pm
      I watched all the Milan v Utd game tonight. And being really honest, I just thought Milan played to their strengths. I wouldn't say they were amazing the way some pundits would - just because they beat the mancs 3-0 (I mean wow!! You must be amazing to do that mustn't you!!)
      United weren't focused and were sloppy in the first 20-30 minutes of the game. Which in turn, found themselves 2-0 down. Maybe lack of experience in a few players and a bit too much pressure to think all they have to do is attack. AND, maybe the thought of playing us in the final got to them. But Milan done what you expect Milan to do - keep tight, focused and keep hold of the ball.

Nevermind at coming out of our shadow, utd... There's always next year to try get one closer...

As for the media!!!!!!!!!!! How gutted are they, that once again, we're flying the flag in Europe! All the experts and media were convinced it was to be Chelsea v Utd in the final.

KoolKidda said "Football sometimes isn't about tricks and 'players of the year'. It's about team spirit, about standing your ground for 120 minutes - and coming out fighting." and that's spot on.
      That's why we cast a shadow on the rest!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: May 03, 2007 11:39:36 am

They all suck up to the sides that have the most artificial fans, players, staff, history.

They forget about all the success Liverpool achieved over the 70's, 80's, 90's, and the present.

I am just watching Sky Sports News were they are interviewing Ferguson. Ferguson has said that they got their goals very cheaply... twice.

For once I'd actually have to agree with the rednosed tw@t. Milan's first two goals, especially the second, arose from Utd mistakes. The third came as Manure were pushing forward & left space for Milan to exploit.
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #9: May 03, 2007 01:51:55 pm
      Its just been a great week all in.  the talk of trebles and quadruples has disappeared, media again proved to be talking sh*te and still underrating us, Maureen well and truly shut up and most importantly, the Reds back in another final.
      Especially pleased after seeing a manc on tv last night saying "we'll get to the final, no problem, then we'll show them who the real European Champions are"
      Why do these people insist of giving it the big yap before ties are finished
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #10: May 03, 2007 03:04:33 pm
      Did anyone hear that ex man u sh*te wilkins on sky sports last nite writing us off again. Hopefully we will big ears for the 6th time and shove his anti red comments up his candy ass. Sour graps from the ex man u sh*te.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #11: May 03, 2007 09:54:14 pm

Sounds like the truth to me although we were beaten by the better side, excuse me but I've only just logged on to this forum and I keep reading about big headed United fans but all I am reading is arrogance from Liverpool fans. Seems that there is plenty of big headedness to go 'round, I mean I've heard Jose stating that Chelsea were the better side the other night, well I don't class myself as any great expert but Liverpool were by far the better side but too many Liverpool fans here seem to think they only have to turn up in Athens to win...

I hope Liverpool win, I know you won't believe me but that's no matter, I want Liverpool to win but I think AC Milan will win, they didn't have to play well to beat a United team who were even worse than when we played at Anfield a couple of months ago but they are a seriously good side and don't forget that they are out for revenge...

If LIverpool win I'll have to put up with seeing Liverpool fans wearing their "Liverpool, Champions of Europe" T Shirts when I'm on holiday but it wouldn't bother me.....:)......
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2007 09:55:59 pm by King Cantona »
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #12: May 03, 2007 10:05:28 pm
      KC read through this thread and the match thread and you would find that we are very aware of what AC Milan will do to us if we let them. So dont start saying that we all think we only have to turn up to win mate cos we dont.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: May 03, 2007 10:07:59 pm
      Sounds like the truth to me although we were beaten by the better side, excuse me but I've only just logged on to this forum and I keep reading about big headed United fans but all I am reading is arrogance from Liverpool fans. Seems that there is plenty of big headedness to go 'round, I mean I've heard Jose stating that Chelsea were the better side the other night, well I don't class myself as any great expert but Liverpool were by far the better side but too many Liverpool fans here seem to think they only have to turn up in Athens to win...

I hope Liverpool win, I know you won't believe me but that's no matter, I want Liverpool to win but I think AC Milan will win, they didn't have to play well to beat a United team who were even worse than when we played at Anfield a couple of months ago but they are a seriously good side and don't forget that they are out for revenge...

If LIverpool win I'll have to put up with seeing Liverpool fans wearing their "Liverpool, Champions of Europe" T Shirts but it wouldn't bother me.....:)......

I wont lie to you mate but i am glad we are not playing each other in the final it would be one of those games you would watch with one eye covered, and the winners of such a game would have bragging rights for the rest of the century :o
      There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and in general Liverpool fans are confident without being arrogant when you see some of the things the reds have pulled out of the hat over the years it isn't very hard to believe you are going to win every game you play, the knack is not gobbing off about what you believe to every rival fan you talk to because then your just like any other plastic Chelsea fan.
      I may be a red who dislikes the majority of Man U fans i cross swords with and you will always be our biggest rivals but i have got time and respect for those who want to talk honestly about football without resorting to a slanging match, oh and as we will be winning the league next year you can have this last one as i want the tramp at Chelsea to get sod all ;D
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #14: May 03, 2007 11:12:12 pm
      KC read through this thread and the match thread and you would find that we are very aware of what AC Milan will do to us if we let them. So dont start saying that we all think we only have to turn up to win mate cos we dont.

Of course there are several realists on this thread but there is also an alarming number of people who think the result is a foregone conclusion, you are obviously one who realises that AC Milan are a damn good side, having said that United's worse performance of the season mate...:)...
      I can tell you Glenbuck that I would have been very scared if we had been playing Liverpool in the final, think about it, we beat you at Old Trafford but we were outplayed at Anfield and were REALLY lucky winners there, how long do you think our luck was going to hold out? Liverpool were due a big win against us and it could have been in Athens...

In 2005 I went to Las Vegas, I was in the Barbary Coast, I walked out of the restroom wearing my United shirt and walked right into a scouser proudly wearing his 'Liverpool, Champions of Europe' t shirt all of his mates had the same t shirt on, I shook his hand and if it happens again I'll be quite happy...:)...
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #15: May 04, 2007 04:55:21 pm
      I wouldnt say that it is an alarming number, just a lot of people who are very optimistic!
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #16: May 04, 2007 10:00:36 pm
      after the recent phone competition scandals, Manchester United are considering suing UEFA after letting them enter a competition they have no chance of winning

il get me coat
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #17: May 04, 2007 11:00:06 pm
      I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.  United were at their worst the other night.

I just feel a tad more confident than prior to Istanbul - I think we're a better side than then.

Relieved it wasn't against you.  Not because I didn't think we could win - just that you seem to get even more 'luck' than we do.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: May 05, 2007 01:46:04 pm
      Tom Tom have had to recall millions of Sat Nav systems due to a fault... apparently they are unable to locate Manchester anywhere in Europe!"

Quick Reply