Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC v Milan Score Prediction (you must log in to vote)

Liverpool to win in 90 mins
      35 (66%)
      Liverpool to win in extra time
      9 (17%)
      Liverpool to win on penalties
      4 (7.5%)
      Liverpool to lose
      3 (5.7%)
      We shoot the person who voted us to lose
      2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 24, 2007 06:55:35 pm

European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion

Read 41345 times
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #230: May 23, 2007 04:50:42 pm
      3 hrs left
      NAVAN RED
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #231: May 23, 2007 05:31:08 pm
      The final countdown is well and truely on.... the nerves are beginning to jangle.....6 minutes to quitting work time! Yee haaaawwwww lets do this...............!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Just a point of interest to share... a certain Mr Eammon Dunphy, big :tosser:, who dished our chances earlier in the competition (' Gerrard - found out! '....Yada Yada Yada) seems to somewhat have changed his tune as evident in an article I read today......

'It will be a clash of styles and absolutely fascinating. My inclination at the moment would to be to give Liverpool a slight edge because I don't think they'll let Milan play the kind of football United allowed them to in the San Siro. Benitez will set out to stop that and he's got the players to do so in Mascherano, Sissoko and Gerrard - they can break up play in midfield and make it more of a physical battle.

Milan have had experience of it though but will need to get their passing game going early on and get Kaka involved - he's their serious goal threat. Gilardino isn't the best and Inzaghi is a veteran now so it's a tough match for Milan and they won't be looking forward to it near as much as Liverpool.'

Come the morning friends we will be Champions.... good luck and enjoy!

Y.N.W.A

Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #232: May 23, 2007 06:57:00 pm
      50 mins to go, can`t walk, can`t talk, can`t eat, can`t type...
      GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE REDS IN ATHENS! MAKE US PROUD!
      read various stuff about different formations in the newspapers today, i`m really excited and don`t know what to expect....pleeeeeaaaase make it 6!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #233: May 23, 2007 07:00:47 pm
      Kick off soon guys...

Good luck, I will be celebrating with you lot later!

:scarf:  :champ:  :scarf:

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #234: May 23, 2007 07:10:11 pm
         WHAT A NIGHT THIS GOING TO BE ...THE REDS 2-0 TO WIN  .CAN FEEL IT ...COME ON YOU REDS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL REDS FANS,, WHERE EVER YOU ARE AND TAKE CARE
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #235: May 23, 2007 08:33:14 pm
      half time :(
      but never give up the fight..omg can`t go through this again, i know it`s not 3:0 but still ...
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #236: May 23, 2007 08:36:38 pm
      a.c milan 1-0 liverpool 1st half
      USAredsfan85
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #237: May 23, 2007 08:40:23 pm
      we played a great first half, we were dominating up until the free kick. we just need better finishing.  I know were gonna get it back next half
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #238: May 23, 2007 08:42:23 pm
      I think m.gonzalez or kewell will come in replacing zenden
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2007 08:44:43 pm by afif212_reds »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #239: May 23, 2007 08:45:00 pm
      Why can't we just do it the easy way and make our domination count?? It was a good first half from us and Pennant and the two middle men have been outstanding! Hope Kewell comes on at halftime.
      USAredsfan85
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #240: May 23, 2007 08:47:52 pm
      I'm loving how Pennant is playing.  He's gotten a few good crosses in and just been dominating on the right side
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #241: May 23, 2007 09:33:35 pm
      AC milan 2-0 liverpool 8 mins left :(
      2 mins left ac milan 2-1 liverpool
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #242: May 23, 2007 09:58:04 pm
        :'( :'( :'(

Went to bed here in Australia last night in my full kit (minus socks and boots of course)
      couldn't sleep, watched my History of LFC DVD, then went youtubing for more LFC highlights...
      the game started here at 415am, was so excited, we started so well... and harry didn't get injured
      alas it was not to be this year
      well done guys, will be heaps of other chances
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #243: May 23, 2007 10:06:32 pm
      totally gutted. we out played milan but couldnt score that vital goal that has been missing all season, but we are the mighty reds and there is always next season. :'(
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #244: May 23, 2007 10:09:43 pm
      I think our man of the match at the finals is mascherano...he defended well against kaka...
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #245: May 23, 2007 10:11:02 pm
      match endend finally
      wasn´t a great final...and i didn´t feel it was going to be ou night at the start
      but well play on
      thought it was a boring match with enough chance for Liverpool to score, but they just couldn´t seem to finish it of
      dissapointing really
      I felt that our defence was slobby towards the end
      Really think we need some decent finishers
      but well
      i hurt seeing gerrard et al cry
      en when milan had to take that picture with the cup i really thought *ouch* that could have been us
      but i am still proud for what we achieved this season
      great preformences
      i just wasn´t our night
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #246: May 23, 2007 10:16:25 pm
      All I can say is that I am completely and utterly gutted.  Milan didn't win the CL we lost it.  In fact, we handed it to them on a silver platter because we had so many chances and wasted them all.  I just don't understand what happened to us tonight.  Do you think a 10 day break just doesn't work for us? :'( :'( :o :( >:(

Anne
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #247: May 23, 2007 10:33:42 pm
      well, we did hand it to them, and it looks like we didnt want it as bad. i saw a little lad crying after the game in the stands. broke my heart. but then i saw kaka' wearin shirt that said "I Belong to Jesus", and to me, made everything better.

there is always next year. and now they have come back at us. we're even now. so lets see what happens next year. YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #248: May 23, 2007 10:34:52 pm
       :'( :'( :'(
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #249: May 23, 2007 11:02:20 pm
      Well it showed what most of us have been saying all season ..we need a good finisher,didn't take any of our chances...YNWA :f_wah: :crying:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #250: May 23, 2007 11:22:43 pm
      well, we did hand it to them, and it looks like we didnt want it as bad. I saw a little lad crying after the game in the stands. broke my heart. but then I saw kaka' wearin shirt that said "I Belong to Jesus", and to me, made everything better.

there is always next year. and now they have come back at us. we're even now. so lets see what happens next year. YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post Bat....we lost but we will never stray from the path....I'm proud of the squad, the manager and all the LFC contigent in Athens. here in LA there were 300 of us at the Fox and Hounds pub and we sang our hearts out. We lost but we are gracious in defeat because we deserve to be at the top table year in year out. Fair play to Milan....enjoy it...your 2nd goal was a beauty....anyone could have won it.....we are class....to lose to any team i'd prefer it was milan.....we are LFC....I'm proud of our squad and not gutted at all....we are at the dawn of a new day....the eve of of a regeneration of the greatest club in the world....humility is a fantastically underated quality....we aren't Chelsea or Man Utd.....we have got to two finals in three years! Shanks would be proud and excited about our future...
      YNWA......we are one
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #251: May 24, 2007 12:04:25 am
      at least liverpool are in a position to contest a european final , until your team are you should just shut the F**k up cause you sound pathetic
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #252: May 24, 2007 12:08:16 am
      Ju don't react to this guy. Our fans, players and manager showed tonight how to be gracious in defeat which is something other so called 'big clubs'; have got to learn. Now is not the time to get involved in stupid arguments with fickle fans who don't fully understand the game.

Quick Reply