Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC v Milan Score Prediction (you must log in to vote)

Liverpool to win in 90 mins
      35 (66%)
      Liverpool to win in extra time
      9 (17%)
      Liverpool to win on penalties
      4 (7.5%)
      Liverpool to lose
      3 (5.7%)
      We shoot the person who voted us to lose
      2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 24, 2007 06:55:35 pm

European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion

Read 41344 times
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #253: May 24, 2007 12:11:34 am
      dont worry im not bothered by him in the slightest, i just wanted to teach the guy some respect.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussion
      Reply #254: May 24, 2007 12:37:04 am
      YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE. LFC 4 LIFE. Tonight is just a setback in our glorious history and a blip in our magnificent future we are Liverpool FC STILL the greatest team england has ever seen. So no matter what your evertonian, manc, or chelsea work mates/friends/relatives say to you in the next couple of weeks they still cannot come close to what Liverpool have achieved. Tonight we lost the european cup, I cried I admit it but its just a setback, not a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, we will come out of this stronger and learn from it, Youll never walk alone. Let the good times roll.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2007 01:25:57 am by jakkeo »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #255: May 24, 2007 01:01:03 am
      Devastated.

Story of the season. We played better than the opposition, but lacked the deadly finishing.
      I'm still proud to be a red though. Always will be.
      Big hugs everyone. YNWA

Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #256: May 24, 2007 06:51:51 am
      i was so disappointed i almost cries.Well played boys you deserved to win.
      We will still always love you.There's always next year. i think Pennant proved his quality last night him and Masch were brilliant  :'(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6729 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #257: May 24, 2007 07:05:54 am
      absolutley gutted :f_wah:, just can't bring myself to post my thoughts yet....but just know REDS I am proud of you, just spewing we lost.
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #258: May 24, 2007 08:23:23 am
      HONOR to all the REDS from Italy [/color]  :ernaehrung004:.

We deserved it, and we got it back.
      Two year's ago a nightmare we will never forget, yesterday a dream we won't forget neither.>:D

Guess it's same for you my friends, but the other way round. One each, and we are done.

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #259: May 24, 2007 09:21:51 am
      Thanks Kenny, I need so many hugs right now :( I feel like killing myself!! Soo depressed.
      I cried my eyes out last night, I didn't think I would until the end, but when they scored their first I just burst into tears, I could see it coming as soon as they were awarded the FK, I cried again when they scored their 2nd, and I didn't celebrate our goal - I clapped, but I was still crying from their 2nd goal, and it was almost over. I came home, took my boots off, got into bed and cried myself to sleep, but I hardly slept to be honest, kept seeing their 2nd goal played over and over again ..   aaargh!
      And the ref blew up well early, as well as AC wasting time >:(
      We deserved it, and we got it back.
      If you think you actually deserved it, you are blydi blind mate.
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #260: May 24, 2007 09:23:21 am
      cried myself to sleep last night :(
      i still think we played better than milan most of the time, but again it proved that we definitely need a world class finisher
      i`m very proud of the team , they worked hard yesterday.
      please let them win the premiership next year, it`s much better for my nerves than another final ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #261: May 24, 2007 09:24:08 am
      Congratulations Milan I suppose.

Thought we played reasonably well and were more than their match - Milan just put it away when they needed to.

The atmosphere leading up to the game in Liverpool last night was brilliant.  I was in Concert Square and the Rafatola picture made it's procession about 7 o'clock. 

Five victories in seven finals is still great going, and supporters of other English teams certainly are in no position to mock our record.

Bring on Moscow 2008 but more importantly - the Premiership next season.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #262: May 24, 2007 09:28:35 am
      I'm still heartbroken, I'm not going on the Cardiff forums today or tomorrow, because all they will do is tip me over the edge and I may end up slashing my wrists >:( I don't think congratulations.
      Was the ref a tw*t it anyone else's eyes? Didn't give our corner, linesman flagged us as offside when we weren't, suddenly as soon as the ref gave 1 yellow card it seemed he couldn't keep it in his pocket, stupid man! Some of their diving pissed me off too >:(
      I stink of smoke (damn England) I need a shower.
      What's the other final we lost JD? My brain is empty..
      Let's get the treble next season eh ;)
      redmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #263: May 24, 2007 09:57:45 am
      GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED
      However last night I felt that this is the dawn of a new era for the reds.  in 2005 I couldn't believe that we had got to the final, let alone won it.  But last night was different.  We proved how good we are by beating the teams that we did on the way.  I felt confident that we would win last night and we probably should have.
      My point is that we are now one of the best teams in Europe.  We can compete and hold our own against anyone home or abroad.  We have a great core of players, a great manager and now we have the money needed in todays game, the future looks so positive. we may need a couple more top players and we will get them. But we are on the verge of being truly GREAT again, I really, really believe that, and what we will achieve over the next decade will more than make up for last nights disappointment!
       :) :) :) :) :) :(
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2007 11:11:13 am by redmitch »
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #264: May 24, 2007 09:58:21 am
      We seemed to decide to 'give' AC Milan this one...almost like saying there you go, to an 'old man' you feel sorry for. When Kuyt got the goal I swear another would come if there was to be an extra 5 mins & not 3(well 2 & 1/2!). Crouch should have played longer than 12 mins as Pennant's crosses are more effective when he is on the pitch.

A greater attempt on the premiership from now on lads because when you get that right getting to these finals will be more & more a common event for Liverpool FC.

YNWA.
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #265: May 24, 2007 10:07:53 am
      If you think you actually deserved it, you are blydi blind mate.

The fact that Liverpool did play the 95% of time 'on brakes' in order to block Pirlo and Kakà doesn't make them deserve the victory.
      2 occasions out of the cage = 2 goals! That's the main difference between a great team like Milan and a really good team like Liverpool.

Don't misunderstand me, the Reds are the best team in England, playing the best non-english style football, but they had the best team in the world in front of them.
      NAVAN RED
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #266: May 24, 2007 10:22:44 am
      Well done Milan.... the wheels came off for us well and truely in the second half, we stuttered and didn't take our chances, and they did. Really had a good feeling about it and thought we could turn it around... but it wasn't to be.The signs were there last night-we showed in patches we are capable of playing really well and dominating when we want to ... save a few dodgy substitutions.

Ah well heads up one and all ....... Here's hoping for a stronger season next year.

A note of sympathy for those fans who travelled with tickets and didn't even make it into the ground. A mate of mine missed the whole of the first half due to some other geezer being in his seat with an 'alleged' dodgy ticket. This was apparently common place throughout with some cases of two to three tickets to a seat!

Walk on ....
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Re: European Cup Final - Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (23/5/07) - Team etc discussio
      Reply #267: May 24, 2007 10:24:16 am
      Gutted, really gutted that a team punished for match fixing was allowed to win the final, look to me as if they had the ref payed off last night too, hand ball for the goal, not giving us anything at all last night, blowing his whistle early, I could go on but I won't.

Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #268: May 24, 2007 10:31:46 am
      Gutted, really gutted that a team punished for match fixing was allowed to win the final, look to me as if they had the ref payed off last night too, hand ball for the goal, not giving us anything at all last night, blowing his whistle early, I could go on but I won't.

yep, the ref pissed me off too... so many goals in important games have been scored in the last minute, and he took us our last minute away :(
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #269: May 24, 2007 10:39:06 am
      I think he may have been paid off. Disgusting in these kind of games!

I didn't know about the fans with tickets getting in until I just read Smigger's thread about UEFA blaming the fans.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #270: May 24, 2007 11:05:51 am
      GUTTED need i say more?
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #271: May 24, 2007 11:31:07 am
      yep, the ref pissed me off too... so many goals in important games have been scored in the last minute, and he took us our last minute away :(
      100% Agree, he took off 15 seconds, but this does not mean anything...

1st of all, there was no match fixing punishement. No evidences and no real things but a injurious punishment just because the president of Milan is Mr. Berlusconi. Besides this you're talking about sh*t, not football played on the field. Milan played the CL from the very early qualifying stages and reached the final, that's it and that's all!

2nd, there was no handball goal. The ball almost hit Pippo's shoulder, was anyway not intentional as he even tried to turn himself not to be hit.

3rd, admit and accept the defeat, gives you much more honor than the stupid things you're saying.
      If the referee was payed off, then it maybe was by you, but not enough eventually. He did not take off his yellow card for at least 4 times in regard of the Reds before he did for Gattuso...and probably he decided he was payed for only 92 mins and 43 secs. :-).ù

Go on if you want...

Ciao Ciao.

redmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #272: May 24, 2007 11:46:33 am
      OKAY OkAY.  You scored more than us and therefore deserved to win. Well done, hats off etc.
      And anyway, how could anyone accuse anything connected with Silvio Berlusconi of being corrupt?!?!   ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4793070.stm
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2007 11:51:42 am by redmitch »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #273: May 24, 2007 11:48:58 am
      Congratulations ringhio, a poor game that was won by the team who took there chances. Take care of the cup we will be back for it next year. ;)
      ringhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #274: May 24, 2007 12:06:40 pm
      Congratulations ringhio, a poor game that was won by the team who took there chances. Take care of the cup we will be back for it next year. ;)

Of course, we will keep it clean and shiny for you! See you next year.
      OKAY OkAY.  You scored more than us and therefore deserved to win. Well done, hats off etc.
      And anyway, how could anyone accuse anything connected with Silvio Berlusconi of being corrupt?!?!   ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4793070.stm

This has nothing to do with football, and if you had followed just a bit the bloody story of the italian 'Serie A' match fixing you would know how things went, who got advantages, who was damaged and who miraculously was not trapped at all in this mess...
      Judges decided to punish Milan anyway, Uefa decided that Milan was admitted to play the CL, Milan recovered from the punishment and won the CL. This is the reality, this is what we are proud of. All the rest is just something we can talk about with a beer in your hands.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #275: May 24, 2007 12:19:16 pm
      end of the day we were evenly matched, but milan deserved to win, they took their chances we didnt. we had alot of possesion but really only gerrard and pennant could have scored the goals to win it for us. and that is what we have been lacking all year, someone to unlock defences and someone to put the chances away. well done milan.
      But also the players will come out stronger and better players after this experience and next time a CL final comes around we will win it, and i think we could have another within the next 3 years.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2007 12:25:22 pm by Liverbird »

Quick Reply