Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Sam Allardyce has resigned

Read 4446 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Sam Allardyce has resigned
      Apr 29, 2007 04:04:02 pm
      :O he must of had an argument with the board or something theres only like 3 games left

oops i have posted this in the wrong place havnt I? sorry
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2007 04:05:38 pm by jakkeo »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Allardyce resigns as Bolton boss
      Reply #1: Apr 29, 2007 04:14:00 pm
      Well thats it, (my 1st Topic) Should be interesting to see how Bolton play next year? No more huffing the ball up the pitch. Wonder if Pearce is out at City, or may be he's of th Chelsea :o.

Bit more form BBC
      Sam Allardyce has resigned as manager of Bolton with immediate effect.
      He has been linked with the manager's role at Manchester City and refused to attend the post-match press conference after Saturday's 2-2 with Chelsea.

He said: "This has been one of the hardest decisions I've ever made but it's time for a new exciting era for Bolton under different leadership."

Chairman Phil Gartside added: "I have reluctantly accepted the decision. His reasons are private, we respect that."
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2007 04:15:35 pm by RedPuppy »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Sam Allardyce has resigned
      Reply #2: Apr 29, 2007 04:15:58 pm
      Mad isn't it! Just found out myself.

Taken from BBC Sport:

Allardyce resigns as Bolton boss 
      He has been linked with the manager's role at Manchester City and refused to attend the post-match press conference after Saturday's 2-2 with Chelsea.

He said: "This has been one of the hardest decisions I've ever made but it's time for a new exciting era for Bolton under different leadership."

Chairman Phil Gartside added: "I have reluctantly accepted the decision. His reasons are private, we respect that."

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Allardyce resigns as Bolton boss
      Reply #3: Apr 29, 2007 05:07:55 pm
      what a great loss for english footbal.  ::)
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2007 05:13:05 pm
      Why resign with 3 games left  ???
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2007 06:15:30 pm
      Well thats it, (my 1st Topic) Should be interesting to see how Bolton play next year? No more huffing the ball up the pitch. Wonder if Pearce is out at City, or may be he's of th Chelsea :o.

Bit more form BBC

1st topic, and you put it in the wrong section! Should've gone in the Arkles.

Don't worry mate, I'm just nitpicking. Sure the mods'll move it if they think it's needed.

Anyway, it does seem a bit strange for a manager to leave at this point in the season. Especially a manager who, love him or hate him, has over-achieved for a number of years with Bolton. Surely another position must be coming available before the end of the season, otherwise why not wait?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2007 06:56:57 pm
      Sorry I was wondering if it was in the wrong part, but there was a post about Fantasy Football here so a took a chance and............... lost :-\. Yes it is a bit strange with 3 games to go. Maybe he has a bet on who will be the last Prem Manager to leave a club before the end of the season ;D. What ever happened to the Bung enquiry  with Big Sam etal, and the bit about us enquireing about a player through "unoffical" channels. (See what I did there? Post now has a LFC theme :angel:)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2007 07:08:26 pm

Don't worry mate, I'm just nitpicking. Sure the mods'll move it if they think it's needed.

Yeah, the same topic was started in The Arkles. Maybe they could both get merged?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2007 07:08:29 pm
      LFC ´or´ football in here.  Anyways, yep big shock.  Took them as far as he could.  Remember us being linked to him when Houllier got the boot.

Would probably have done a better job at the England job than the present incumbent. Man City looks nailed on. Moyes is probably safe, although they still might not make Europe so you never know.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2007 07:13:47 pm
      Yeah, the same topic was started in The Arkles. Maybe they could both get merged?

Sorry that was my fault - cant trust a woman  ;) ;D  I'll delete the Arkles one
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Apr 29, 2007 08:53:28 pm

I found that out years ago Smiggs  ;) :D

As for Allardyce. Is it true that he's lined up for the Man City job? And you reckon Sammy Lee will have to move on as well?

I too reckon he might have done a little better with the England job, than the tool that's in the job now.
      Cy
      Reply #11: Apr 29, 2007 10:33:27 pm
      Would probably have done a better job at the England job than the present incumbent. Man City looks nailed on. Moyes is probably safe, although they still might not make Europe so you never know.

Absolutly, if only that could be true, Mac Laren out and Sam in you would had a chance to qualified..;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Apr 30, 2007 11:16:50 am
      OH MY GOD!! Didn't see this coming, or Coleman getting sacked from Fulham?! What's going on ???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,221 posts | 4919 
      Reply #13: Apr 30, 2007 12:20:36 pm
      Apparently sammy lee is getting the job. Hope he does well.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #14: Apr 30, 2007 02:21:17 pm
      Big Sam has took Bolton as far as he can its time for a new challenge and Newcastle would be a big one for him.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2007 05:05:47 pm
      i DID put this in the arkles but thought it was meant for the kop (since under the hop board it says football related stuff) strange, anyway whats also strange is why DID he resign with 3 games left why not announce your going at the end of the season and then have your fans say goodbye to you properly
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2007 10:10:49 pm
      Good old Sammy Lee's got the job good luck to him!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,221 posts | 4919 
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2007 10:55:37 pm
      Anyone think big sam colud make a good england boss. He cant be any worse than the one you have at the minute!!

Quick Reply