Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LIVE: Fulham V Liverpool

Read 16755 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: LIVE: Fulham V Liverpool
      Reply #529: Oct 31, 2009 05:01:05 pm
      Yeah definitely many problems with the forum.
      As for the team..  :-[. This really is embarrasing. 5 defeats in 6 games. Its height now. F***ing poor performance there.
      More than half the team doesnt deserve to wear that shirt. All the good work done at Anfield last weekend has been undone.
      Defence- sh*te. Midfield- sh*te.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #530: Oct 31, 2009 05:04:16 pm
      some players out there today not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt IMO
      Voronin, Babel etc, usual suspects. And then you have players like Kuyt and Yossi etc who we know can do well, but play sh*te. I mean whats Rafa meant to do after that when he already has Gerrard and Kuyt nursing injuries.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #531: Oct 31, 2009 05:04:32 pm
      It's not just me then.  Never know with my connection.

I'm stunned once again.  I hope there was a valid reason like squad illness for today, otherwise the Rafa bashers will have a field day after today.  What a depressing day.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #532: Oct 31, 2009 05:04:45 pm
      F***ing sh*te - the bench was weak, but if you look at the starting line up, most of them were regulars. What the F**k happened that they put in such an average performance for the first half, then an absolute pile of w*nk performance in the second I'll never know.

Most of the substitutions were forced. Rafa had to rest Nando, who is still returning from injury and was a big risk for the Manc game. If he'd stayed on and got injured for another couple of months then people would have been calling for Rafa's head too. I found taking off Yossi a stranger decision TBH, but again, it's hard to know a players fitness without seeing them regularly in training.

Anyway, that aside, there's no excusing players like Kuyt - he had a dreadful game. The second goal was unfortunate - he does that kind of thing all the time and often wins back possession, so I won't blame him directly, but was still a bad decision on his part. We could have defended a throw in better than that attack where everyone was out of position expecting the ball to go out of play.

Degen played poor and fu**ed up royally getting himself sent off. If he never wore the shirt again I wouldn't be bothered, I hope Kelly will be back from injury soon, he looked to have more potential. Carra I thought was a bit unlucky to be sent off, from what I could see I thought he got the ball, but I have a feeling the ref based his judgement on the call where he got a yellow against United and made an example of him.

At 9 men we were cut to pieces, the final whistle couldn't come soon enough.

Bad, bad, bad display.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #533: Oct 31, 2009 05:06:45 pm
      Well.

I'm gonna get myself in the gym whilst blasting out some music.

Then come inside and make myself some tea.

Then get drinking the beers that I've got left.

Might kick the sh*t out of some trick or treaters too to make me feel better. ;)

Similar plans myself.
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #534: Oct 31, 2009 05:07:28 pm

Might kick the sh*t out of some trick or treaters too to make me feel better. ;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ha ha ha ha cheers Ross, that was so funny, I needed that or I was gonna cry
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #535: Oct 31, 2009 05:08:04 pm
      I defend Rafa always, but his decisions today just didn't work.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #536: Oct 31, 2009 05:08:21 pm
      no comments...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Reply #537: Oct 31, 2009 05:09:01 pm
      I hope there was a valid reason like squad illness for today, otherwise the Rafa bashers will have a field day after today.  What a depressing day.

The bean counters at the club probably will have stressed to Rafa how important Wednesday night is, Lyon being a must win game, if anything a DVD should be winging it's way stateside to show our two owners we don't have that strong a squad.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #538: Oct 31, 2009 05:09:13 pm
       Walk on, Walk on, with hope in your heart
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #539: Oct 31, 2009 05:09:26 pm
      it is embarassing to see what happened today.. Rafa really needs to explain some of the decisions today..we  really look below average.. our defence has been terrible all year.. and only for the likes of torres we would not be near the top four... The priorities seem to be fcuked up.. one min Rafa is substitutuing to save players for the league.. next he is subbing for the champions league.. i don't think he knows what he's at at the moment..
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #540: Oct 31, 2009 05:09:50 pm

Me too.  See yous all in the drunk thread later then.   :(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #541: Oct 31, 2009 05:09:57 pm

Might do the same.

And a bottle of Jameson shall be purchased. Half wanna get it before my midterm today. That's gonna be a tough ask now.

Quick Reply