Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 40104 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2009 05:16:52 pm
      Babel was sh*te today noticed straight away as soon as he came down his first two touches he gave the ball away and put us straight under by doing it, with the pace and physique he posses he should be tearing defenders a new arse hole, does not deserve to wear the shirt.

Agreed, though I've popped your post in here.

Just a reminder - immediate post match analysis of a players performance should stay in the match thread. Cheers.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 31, 2009 05:17:01 pm
      What was Rafa thinking?  Starting Voronin (why would you ever do this?) and benching Benayoun???  Benayoun made some key come back goals last season.

So embarrassing.  I'm depressed beyond consolation.  Going to drinking my face off tonight and pretend this was all a bad dream.

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #25: Oct 31, 2009 05:17:14 pm
      Ill stand with you HUYTON but im still saying hes on the wrong pills for his hair loss .Hes gone crazy!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2009 05:17:20 pm
      If we win the league this season then today is the equivalent of being 4-0 down in Istanbul at half time.

It's looking pretty remote but when I saw that team you just knew...
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2009 05:17:36 pm
      Torres off for Babel, Benayoun playing wide instead of being behind Torres, Benayoun off for Ecclestone, Andri Voronin.

Why did you do this Rafa? Please explain.

Btw I'm not a Rafa basher but his decisions do baffle me.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2009 05:17:46 pm
      Speechless. Emptiness.

I'm so shocked.

How did we F***ing manage that is beyond me. I'm just glad the curse of October is over.
      TALBERT
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2009 05:18:02 pm
      Aquilani
      Gerrard
      Johnson
      Ngog
      All out

Where was

Agger
      Skrtel
      and Aurelio

Take Torres and Benayoun off

Then what are you left with?

The lack of depth in our squad!!!!

Voronin and Babel will not win us games

YANKS OUT
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2009 05:18:28 pm
      Well everyone's got the F***ing knives out.

Jeff Stelling, Charlie Nicholas, Gabby Logan, John Motson, Garth F***ing hasn't a clue Crooks all F***ing laughing at us tonight.

Back to having our backs against the walls.

This is when the real reds fans stand up.

Who's STANDING with me!

SSSSTTTTAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN DDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Well in Huyton.

It'll take a F**k of a lot more than that for me to give up on the Reds just yet. ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2009 05:18:36 pm
      What a sh*te month this has been.

We have absolutely no room for error this season.
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2009 05:19:02 pm
      Piss off with the negativity guys, yes I'm gutted aswell cause we've just had our arses kicked all over craven cottage but to say you can't be arsed anymore is just not good enough. Yes questions need to be answered after that performance and decison making but we need to get behind the team. Well done to the guys who made the trip and sang loud.

IRWT
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #33: Oct 31, 2009 05:19:33 pm
      rafa is losing the dressing room me thinks.

F**k off with that sh*t now. He loses the dressing room two weeks back, then wins it back last week etc etc etc

Just accept some of our squad isn't good enough, Rafa should take some stick for his head being in Lyon already, one game at a time and all that!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #34: Oct 31, 2009 05:19:37 pm
      I'm not saying Rafa out or anything like that but I think a hell of a lot of us want some answers regarding team selection and the substitutes.
      TALBERT
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 31, 2009 05:19:58 pm
      The win against man utd is rendered pointless

as BIG sam has 3 points gift wrapped for Taggart
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 31, 2009 05:20:07 pm
      comment of the weekend for me and so true!

at the moment i feel like F**k the champions league, without a drastic improvement we wont be next years champions league. nobody can honestly tell me that the people in suits have told rafa that champions league is more important, unfortunately rafa today cocked it up.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Oct 31, 2009 05:20:14 pm
      Confusion is spot on.

I may have missed something but did we have an outbreak of swine flu prior to the match? - i really hope so.

Nando and Yossi substituted when we still had a chance?

Is this another instance of picking a team on the basis of some sort of sliding scale of competitoins?

I'm well confused and more than a bit agitated - i'll hold fire in the hope of being able to calm down. F**k!

Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Oct 31, 2009 05:20:24 pm

I needed that Huyton mate!

But seriously, even though Gerrard is injured, so is Johnson & Aquilani.  The other lads should be able to step in and do their jobs especially against Fulham.  These lads are internationals for fucks sake.

Drop these wankers and give some of the youth a go, we need to bring some fresh lads through like we did with Insua.  Kelly looks like he's going to break through, I want to see Darby to do it too, along with Pacheco & Nemeth when he eventually comes back from loan.

Paul Anderson would of done a better job than these tossers today, and where the fucks he?  Sold!!!  Where's Jack Hobbs?  Sold! 

Rafa seriously needs to pull his head out of his arse, and considering he's the man concentrating on the academy system, he needs to take a look over his shoulder and assess who he has.

I don't mean to compare to these Manc tw*ts, but they brought two lads through last year - Johnny Evans & another lad, and they still won the League.  We need to be getting the youth through.  And if the youngsters we have are sh*te we need to sack our scouts and hire Arsenal's ones.

Some of them Arsenal youngsters would do a good job in our team and for the long run have good potential, I mean come on!  What the F**k is going on with Liverpool Football Club.

>:(
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 31, 2009 05:20:45 pm
      i dont think its time to worry yet, we need some REAL leadership which is what we get when gerrard is in the team.
      ive been waiting for skrtel and agger combination because carragher has done a few too many mistakes this season, the other 2 just seem to be fitter than him.
      what is happening? what is THE reason why we have lost 5 out of 11 premier league games?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Oct 31, 2009 05:21:17 pm
      What was Rafa thinking?  Starting Voronin (why would you ever do this?) and benching Benayoun???  Benayoun made some key come back goals last season.

So embarrassing.  I'm depressed beyond consolation.  Going to drinking my face off tonight and pretend this was all a bad dream.

Voronin is a scape goat around here, he wasn't too bad today and he was also put in a position he shouldn't of been (the hole). Benayoun wasn't benched lad, he started and never got into the game really.  Kuyt was subpar today, Lucas went unknown and Degen was sprinting forward leaving huge holes at the back.

The lack of creativity is at an all-time high without Gerrard and Aqua in the team.  We need them back ASAP, we cannot beat any team that plays behind the ball like Fulham did.  We had 2 chances all game, one post and the other Torres tossed in.

Horrible performance in all area's, and it started with Rafa obviously not caring much for this game because of Wednesdays trip
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #41: Oct 31, 2009 05:22:58 pm
      Aquilani
      Gerrard
      Johnson
      Ngog
      All out

Where was

Agger
      Skrtel
      and Aurelio

Take Torres and Benayoun off

Then what are you left with?

The lack of depth in our squad!!!!

Voronin and Babel will not win us games

YANKS OUT
      Whereabouts of Riera? May not perform well every week but is sure more useful on the pitch than Voronin.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #42: Oct 31, 2009 05:23:05 pm
      I usually defend Rafa's substitutions but today I'm not so sure what was going on.

CL is the only explanation I can think of like others have said.

Times like this I try to tell myself 'it's just a game of football' but like Shankly once said it seems like so much more than that.

It's just weird how things have started this season, it's been so poor with moments of brilliance. I just hope that we're going to see more of the brilliance now otherwise we are in deep sh*t in terms of the league.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 31, 2009 05:23:27 pm
      F**k off with that sh*t now. He loses the dressing room two weeks back, then wins it back last week etc etc etc

Just accept some of our squad isn't good enough, Rafa should take some stick for his head being in Lyon already, one game at a time and all that!!

its the first time ive ever thought that he has lost the dressing room. players reactions speak volumes. heads went down when torres was dragged then a few hands on hips when yossi was subbed and even yossi reacted as well.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #44: Oct 31, 2009 05:23:27 pm
      Arrgh, I wish sky would put Thomo back on Liverpool games.  Having to listen to that arse Charlie Nicholas giving his opinion on us is infuriating.  Shut the F**k up you moron.

Still too stunned to say much about today.  Shocking, just shocking really.  It didn't look too bad a line up at first, weak bench, but what's new there?  Very disappointing to put it mildly.  Think I'll pop off to Archway and jump off the bloody bridge.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #45: Oct 31, 2009 05:24:28 pm
      Whereabouts of Riera? May not perform well every week but is sure more useful on the pitch than Voronin.

Injured.

Quick Reply