Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 40136 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #322: Nov 01, 2009 10:19:32 am
      I am very unhappy but mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we have to fight! i do believe in this team and manager.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #323: Nov 01, 2009 10:57:48 am
      We are struggling at the moment no point in denying that.

Really really tired of this knee jerk sh*t.

F**k OFF AND EAT sh*t THE LOT OF YOU KNEE JERKERS.
      Are you having a laugh? Do you know what knee-jerking is? We have lost 5 premier league games.
      The reactions you are reading here can hardly be called knee-jerk.

We will always back the team but our patience with the man picking the team is wearing thin!

Wake up!
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #324: Nov 01, 2009 11:04:23 am
       :'( I cant believe it, really depressed.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #325: Nov 01, 2009 11:07:36 am
      Can anyone tell me why we where missing Agger, Skertel, Aurelio and N'gog yesterday? Was it a case of resting them and trying to prove we have strength in depth or is a case of wenger's kids freaked rafa in mid week with there inspiring performance over us or is it a case of injury... The thing that burns me most yesterday was rafa named 3 of the worst performers in the mid week game in his squad i.e voronin, babel and plessis even though the lather dint play but that was like adding insult to injury, when i saw the team sheet i just sit back and start wondering in my mind what the fu*k is this man doing? I could shout that out because my colleges will mock me as am the only liverpool fan around so i have to defend my team, even when we are not doing the right thing i have to defend them... The only reason am saying this is because i am with liverpool fans... No matter what i'll never let other fans take liverpool to the ground...
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #326: Nov 01, 2009 11:25:45 am
      Mate have you ever stopped and thought some times Rafa does not pick the side ?

Have you ever thought through injuries and a virus the side has pretty much picked its self ?

Do you think Rafa would have fielded that side had he had a full strength line up to choose from ?

We are Liverpool FC and we do not sack our manager on the back of our best season in 20 years after a run of poor results...we get behind the team we support them through thick and thin, we pull together and weather the storm because at the end of a storm there is a golden sky and we walk on with hope in our heart.
      Get real. Are you saying that the times, when Benayoun, who is by far our best player at the moment, is subbed, it is not the choice of the gaffer or to bring on Nathan Eccleston, take off Torres, leave Babel on the bench, loan Nemeth away aren't the kind of decisions Rafa isn't responsible for?

The guy is losing the plot and his reasons he gave in yesterdays post match reaction were laughable. He will say the same next week too. He has lost his way. You don't regardless of a Champs Lge game coming up, take off your best chance of a goal, the way he did yesterday, let alone 63 mins in. Where was Ngog too?

His pre match interview he says that Benny is a key player. Mmm, so key that he comes off virtually every game and he pisses over most of our current squad.

He will never have the money to spend and that is a factor for not having strength in depth but lets face it, even in the transfer market, he has wasted so much.

Its Birmingham City in the league next. Have no confidence in winning in Lyon. Will be interesting to read your comments if we lose these two games.

Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #327: Nov 01, 2009 11:28:54 am
      Time to move on from this game and focus on Lyon now.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #328: Nov 01, 2009 11:33:20 am
      Liverpool will appeal against both red cards from yesterday's game.

Philipp Degen and Jamie Carragher were both sent off yesterday but the Reds will appeal against both decisions as both were wrong.

"For me, the first one with Degen was a yellow card, and with the second one it was clear that Carra was kicking the ball and not Zamora. I watched the replay and it is clear," said Rafael Benitez.

"We will try to appeal against both red cards because for me it's very clear that Carra was kicking the ball and the other one Degen was not kicking the player.

"It was difficult to take but it was a good response from the nine players who worked hard, but always it's very difficult to come back against 11 players."

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=470811
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #329: Nov 01, 2009 11:34:53 am
      Get real. Are you saying that the times, when Benayoun, who is by far our best player at the moment, is subbed, it is not the choice of the gaffer or to bring on Nathan Eccleston, take off Torres, leave Babel on the bench, loan Nemeth away aren't the kind of decisions Rafa isn't responsible for?

The guy is losing the plot and his reasons he gave in yesterdays post match reaction were laughable. He will say the same next week too. He has lost his way. You don't regardless of a Champs Lge game coming up, take off your best chance of a goal, the way he did yesterday, let alone 63 mins in. Where was Ngog too?

His pre match interview he says that Benny is a key player. Mmm, so key that he comes off virtually every game and he pisses over most of our current squad.

He will never have the money to spend and that is a factor for not having strength in depth but lets face it, even in the transfer market, he has wasted so much.

Its Birmingham City in the league next. Have no confidence in winning in Lyon. Will be interesting to read your comments if we lose these two games.

Benny can't score when torres or Gerrard aren't playing so taking him off made no difference.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #330: Nov 01, 2009 11:42:17 am
      Benny can't score when torres or Gerrard aren't playing so taking him off made no difference.
      He score against Lyon when Gerrard was subbed off and Torres wasn't playing, so what a load of sh*t that comment was.
      vix
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #331: Nov 01, 2009 11:47:00 am
      I feel like here we go again. Was it against Reading a couple of seasons ago that Rafa took our best players off when we were loosing because we had a mid week European game and injuries were mounting up? To add to that correct me if I'm wrong (I often am) but did we not come second in the league one season only to bomb badly to following season? Do we just not learn. May be we need to accept that we don't have the squad to mount a challenge for the league and Europe but I guess that's not acceptable.
      There's the easy way, the hard way and the Rafa way..hm mm
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #332: Nov 01, 2009 11:51:23 am
      That is utter nonsense. Remind me why he was taken off again?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #333: Nov 01, 2009 11:51:58 am
      He score against Lyon when Gerrard was subbed off and Torres wasn't playing, so what a load of sh*t that comment was.
      Yeah what a class goal that was wasn't it? He got lucky with the deflections. Did he score after that? No. He can't single handedly carry a team like Torres or Gerrard can.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #334: Nov 01, 2009 11:52:24 am
      That is utter nonsense. Remind me why he was taken off again?
      For the Lyon game. Whats your point?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #335: Nov 01, 2009 11:53:25 am
      Wasn't it just !
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #336: Nov 01, 2009 11:54:59 am
      For the Lyon game. Whats your point?
      no, against Fulham. How do you suppose we are going to score when already depleted without taking Benny off?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #337: Nov 01, 2009 11:57:03 am
      Yeah what a class goal that was wasn't it? He got lucky with the deflections. Did he score after that? No. He can't single handedly carry a team like Torres or Gerrard can.
      So if you take Benayoun off, when already without Nando and SG, who's left to carry the game as you say it?
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      Reply #338: Nov 01, 2009 11:57:46 am

Ofcourse he can't single handedly carry the team like Torres and Gerrard, but Benayoun is a class player and is capable of scoring goals or creating a goal. Shouldn't of been taken of the pitch, when Babel and Voronin are on there and they don't deserve to wear the Liverpool shirt. How you can say Benayoun doesn't score goals when Torres and Gerrard aren't on the field baffles me. Because as far as I'm concerned we have much worse players.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #339: Nov 01, 2009 12:02:01 pm
      Are you having a laugh? Do you know what knee-jerking is? We have lost 5 premier league games.
      The reactions you are reading here can hardly be called knee-jerk.

We will always back the team but our patience with the man picking the team is wearing thin!

Wake up!

I am not having a laugh I clealry acknowledged that we have issues in my opening comment of the post.

I did not see you post last week or come with your doom and gloom view after we beat the Mancs last Sunday too many of you are now on here chastating Rafa and failing to acknowledge some key issues that have hindered our season. They have been truly said and repeated over and over again but just in a nutsehell;

-our best player Gerrard has been poo this year
      -overall too many niggling injuries to key players
      -lack of funds in the transfer market to buy quality signings
      -players that performed well last year are not up to standard i.e. all with the exception of Reina and Benayoun
      -Aquilani yet to make an impact

I recall we had a horrid run in January last year where I believe we lost the title, hopefully with some of the issues highligted above the return of Gerrard a cleaner bill of health and the introduction of Aquilani can see us go on a run.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #340: Nov 01, 2009 12:02:29 pm
      So if you take Benayoun off, when already without Nando and SG, who's left to carry the game as you say it?

Voronin ::)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #341: Nov 01, 2009 12:04:09 pm
      I'm still gutted.

I was as pissed off with Rafa last night as the majority of you were. I couldn't F***ing understand any of his selections or his substitutions and I was cursing him, I'll admit it.  Then today I come on the forum and find out what was happening behind the scenes with all those missing players having caught a virus.  :mad:

We still should have beat Fulham but we F***ing didn't. Can't do sh*t about it now but make ourselves sick thinking about it.

Blame the players, blame Rafa, whatever you want but I'm putting this game behind us and hoping that our Liverpool A team go over to Lyon and give Lyon a football lesson.

We still have so much to play for. We can qualify for the Champs League and there is 6 months left of the League season to go. Let's not give up. Surely with the dreaded month of October out of the way, players overcoming their illness and Stevie G and Nando returning to full fitness, we're going to see the real Liverpool Football Club stand up and be counted. As Huyton said, let's stand the F**k up with them.

jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #342: Nov 01, 2009 12:05:43 pm
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #343: Nov 01, 2009 12:10:11 pm
      Was on holiday last week so didnt post anything . . . true, however, I DID post before the UTD game saying, that we should enjoy the game but it would mean nothing if we went on to lose against Fulham and Birmingham.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #344: Nov 01, 2009 12:13:43 pm
      Ofcourse he can't single handedly carry the team like Torres and Gerrard, but Benayoun is a class player and is capable of scoring goals or creating a goal. Shouldn't of been taken of the pitch, when Babel and Voronin are on there and they don't deserve to wear the Liverpool shirt. How you can say Benayoun doesn't score goals when Torres and Gerrard aren't on the field baffles me. Because as far as I'm concerned we have much worse players.
      You've answered your own question there. Benayoun can't carry a team by himself. Torres was already subbed off, so that leaves benny as our only star player. And as you have already said yourself he carry the team by himself so whats the point in keeping him on? Benayoun is the type of player who needs other good players around him, ,otherwise he is ineffective. Lets take the xavi iniesta and messi triangle. If 2 of those are missing, then the latter is unable to play his best because he doesn't have the movement and skill the others provide. Its the same with benayoun. We had sh*t players on the pitch. We weren't going to score no matter how long we played. Rafa isn't stupid so stop complaining about his substitutions.

Quick Reply