Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion

Read 39830 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Confusion
      Reply #345: Nov 01, 2009 12:19:45 pm
      You've answered your own question there. Benayoun can't carry a team by himself. Torres was already subbed off, so that leaves benny as our only star player. And as you have already said yourself he carry the team by himself so whats the point in keeping him on? Benayoun is the type of player who needs other good players around him, ,otherwise he is ineffective. Lets take the xavi iniesta and messi triangle. If 2 of those are missing, then the latter is unable to play his best because he doesn't have the movement and skill the others provide. Its the same with benayoun. We had sh*t players on the pitch. We weren't going to score no matter how long we played. Rafa isn't stupid so stop complaining about his substitutions.

You still cannot say that Babel alone is better and more effective than Benayoun on his own for example.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #346: Nov 01, 2009 12:21:41 pm
      You've answered your own question there. Benayoun can't carry a team by himself. Torres was already subbed off, so that leaves benny as our only star player. And as you have already said yourself he carry the team by himself so whats the point in keeping him on? Benayoun is the type of player who needs other good players around him, ,otherwise he is ineffective. Lets take the xavi iniesta and messi triangle. If 2 of those are missing, then the latter is unable to play his best because he doesn't have the movement and skill the others provide. Its the same with benayoun. We had sh*t players on the pitch. We weren't going to score no matter how long we played. Rafa isn't stupid so stop complaining about his substitutions.
      So without stating the obvious like ' he did it with Lyon in mind', Why did he take Torres off at 63 mins? I'm assuming that he thought he had enough quality on at the time to win the game which included Benny.
      Or was he just happy to settle for the draw?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #347: Nov 01, 2009 12:21:47 pm
      You still cannot say that Babel alone is better and more effective than Benayoun on his own for example.
      I didn't say that. Your just pulling out assumptions from thin air. I'm not saying benayoun is sh*t. I'm saying that keeping him on would've been useless. We weren't going to win that game so we might as well save our energy for the lyon game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #348: Nov 01, 2009 12:23:46 pm
      I didn't say that. Your just pulling out assumptions from thin air. I'm not saying benayoun is sh*t. I'm saying that keeping him on would've been useless. We weren't going to win that game so we might as well save our energy for the lyon game.

Yossi was probably the only lad on the pitch for us who could create something out of nothing for us during the closing stages. He didn't have the best game but he still had the ability to take a few on and slide a perfect pass or have a pop himself.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #349: Nov 01, 2009 12:24:43 pm

So keeping a class player on now is useless. Its like saying there team hasn't had any shots on goal so we will take Carra off the field and replace him with a striker.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #350: Nov 01, 2009 12:25:03 pm
      So without stating the obvious like ' he did it with Lyon in mind', Why did he take Torres off at 63 mins? I'm assuming that he thought he had enough quality on at the time to win the game which included Benny.
      ....Do you read any news at all or do you always jump to conclusions whenever your surprised by something? Torres was playing through PAIN. He played against United for 80 minutes through PAIN. He had to take injections and painkillers before the match. If he got injured he could've been out for weeks. He should'nt have been playing at all but because our squad is so rubbish he had to risk Torres.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #351: Nov 01, 2009 12:26:08 pm

He did it because Torres was never going to be involved for the entire 90 minutes as he is not 100%. I think we would all like to lose him for 27 minutes rather then 4 weeks.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #352: Nov 01, 2009 12:28:52 pm
      So keeping a class player on now is useless. Its like saying there team hasn't had any shots on goal so we will take Carra off the field and replace him with a striker.
      Are you even reading any of my posts? I already gave my reasons for why Benayoun should've gone off.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #353: Nov 01, 2009 12:33:54 pm
      But you are saying that 'we weren't going to win that game'! Does that mean you are condoning throwing the towel in and placing the Champs Lge above the league?  A Liverpool manager doing that shouldn't be Liverpool manager. And a Liverpool fan saying that, shouldn't be a Liverpool Fan.

Shanks would turn in his grave if he read your posts !
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #354: Nov 01, 2009 12:38:29 pm
      ....Do you read any news at all or do you always jump to conclusions whenever your surprised by something? Torres was playing through PAIN. He played against United for 80 minutes through PAIN. He had to take injections and painkillers before the match. If he got injured he could've been out for weeks. He should'nt have been playing at all but because our squad is so rubbish he had to risk Torres.
      So why the f**k is he playing. Injections or not, they are not healers ! His injury will still worsen, you just don't feel it worsening because they are pain killers. . . DOH !

Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #355: Nov 01, 2009 12:42:13 pm
      But you are saying that 'we weren't going to win that game'! Does that mean you are condoning throwing the towel in and placing the Champs Lge above the league?  A Liverpool manager doing that shouldn't be Liverpool manager. And a Liverpool fan saying that, shouldn't be a Liverpool Fan.

Shanks would turn in his grave if he read your posts !
      No we weren't. Did you even watch the game? First half we had 75% posssion but didn't create anything apart from that Yossi chance that hit the crossbar. Fulham had one breakaway and they scored from it. Second half they were a lot strronger, and with Torres out of juice the only thing rafa could do was conserve him and Yossi for the lyon game. Because the team out there was so terrible that it was not worth risking those 2 if your going to end up loosing anyway. Rafa talks to the players before the game and at half time. If the players do do as he says and show no fight then theres nothing he can do.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #356: Nov 01, 2009 12:44:36 pm
      So why the f**k is he playing. Injections or not, they are not healers ! His injury will still worsen, you just don't feel it worsening because they are pain killers. . . DOH !

Because our team is ****ing sh*t and nobody knows how to play football let alone score a bloody goal. Your arguements are a complete nonsence. First your asking why Torres was subbed and now your saying why was he even on the pitch? Did you watch the game and do you read any post match news and interviews?
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #357: Nov 01, 2009 12:51:27 pm
      Because our team is ****ing sh*t and nobody knows how to play football let alone score a bloody goal. Your arguements are a complete nonsence. First your asking why Torres was subbed and now your saying why was he even on the pitch? Did you watch the game and do you read any post match news and interviews?

What i am saying is that if he is injured, he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Benitez could have used Kuyt or Voronin up front. Babel was there to play. Rafa messes around too much and will be the down fall of Liverpool. Will eat my words if not but do you honestly think he has control right now?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #358: Nov 01, 2009 12:58:05 pm
      Obviously the amount spending money Rafa gets in January will depend on qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League. Which I think may have played on Rafa's mind slightly when picking the team and making substitutions. Hopefully we'll see a much, much stronger side out in midweek.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #359: Nov 01, 2009 02:20:45 pm
      Are u mad????That voronin first needs to learn how to play the game
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #360: Nov 01, 2009 04:34:27 pm
      If anyone is defending Rafa for yesterdays result they are either duluded or a true idiot

It was totally Rafas fault for the loss yesterday if he had not put out a stupid team we could of actually got a result yesterday. But what annoys me is he took Benayoun off one of are best players and also took Kuyt off for Ayala when we were already losing.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #361: Nov 01, 2009 04:45:18 pm
      Look at it this way. Torres was less than 100% starting the game yesterday. Fair enough. But he was in the same position, less than 100%, starting the match against Utd. Rafa took a risk with him in both games. Think that's fair to say.
      Against Utd, if after 65 mins Rafa had taken off Torres, we would not have won that game. Firmly believe that. Rafa waited until we were in front before making the change.
      He made the mistake (decision) yesterday of taking Torres off before going in front. Once he went off, our chance was gone. And the reason - the Lyon game. He was willing to leave Nando on against Utd cause no CL match was coming up - but it was different yesterday. He gambled - simple as that - and he lost.
      The priority should be the league. I'm OK to put all eggs in that basket. But Rafa is not - this stuff about 4 days to recover, that just backs it up. He's saying he wants him available for Wed.
      Something to look out for against Lyon - would he take a less than 100% Torres off against Lyon if it's level after 65 mins? To make sure he can recover for the weekend? We'll see ...
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #362: Nov 01, 2009 04:48:25 pm
      On a lighter note, didn't Torres hair look nice??
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #363: Nov 01, 2009 04:53:56 pm
      Oh dear, what on earth has gone wrong this season :(

I will happily take 5th place now!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #364: Nov 01, 2009 04:55:06 pm
      On a lighter note, didn't Torres hair look nice??

It always looks great. He should do shampoo ads :)
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #365: Nov 01, 2009 05:25:36 pm
      If anyone is defending Rafa for yesterdays result they are either duluded or a true idiot

It was totally Rafas fault for the loss yesterday if he had not put out a stupid team we could of actually got a result yesterday. But what annoys me is he took Benayoun off one of are best players and also took Kuyt off for Ayala when we were already losing.
      What team should we have played then? Considering Torres is injured and all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #366: Nov 01, 2009 05:33:08 pm
      Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

Is all I've got to say, Rafa's selection yesterday was forced on him what ever way you look at it.

If reports are to belived other than the injuries we already knew about, The Virus Aquilani was carrying depleted the rest of the squad further, Rafa made his substitutions knowing the injury crisis we have got on our hands and was trying to make the best of a bad situation.

We got beat, take it on the chin, Move forwards and look to the next game.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #367: Nov 01, 2009 05:41:15 pm
      Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is all I've got to say, Rafa's selection yesterday was forced on him what ever way you look at it.

If reports are to belived other than the injuries we already knew about, The Virus Aquilani was carrying depleted the rest of the squad further, Rafa made his substitutions knowing the injury crisis we have got on our hands and was trying to make the best of a bad situation.

We got beat, take it on the chin, Move forwards and look to the next game.
      Exactly, Rafa's not an idiot.

Quick Reply