Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Biggest Rivals?

Man Utd
      206 (86.6%)
      Chelsea
      9 (3.8%)
      Everton
      23 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Biggest/Fiercest Rivals

Read 35250 times
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Re: Biggest/Fiercest Rivals
      Reply #230: Jan 12, 2011 09:47:10 am
      Utd all day long.

We hate them & they hate us.
      Different with the bitters they hate us but
      we dont hate them. We just dont like them.

They are just like an annoying jealous little brother
      who has to be put in his place now & again!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,018 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #231: Jan 12, 2011 09:54:11 am
      When you are on a Liverpool forum, you can expect United and Mancs to be ridiculed. I know it is the same on Republik of Mancunia or the Cafe.

I call one of my best friends Manc scum. Its banter. Get over it Keith.

So what your saying is i can call you a Scouse scum bag and its banter??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,018 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #232: Jan 12, 2011 09:56:21 am
      Oh get the f**k over it. Jesus Keith, I have said time and time again that I respect you and like having you around. But thats diminishing every f**king time you get your head up your ass over something that crouchy says. I have said mancs are wankers, many have said it. In that exact same way. And my best mate is a manc. The only reason you pick up on it is because you have a chip on your shoulder about crouchy, and feel you are better than him, which is evidenced every time you make some remark about "young crouchy" - you seem to think the fact your older means you are smarter or something.

And don't wave your wallet around and try and hold the forum ransom. It was fine before you got here, its been good while your here and im sure JD appreciates it - but im sure he aint gonna lose sleep over you having a whine because crouchy didn't give you a f**king percentage of what manc fans are deluded wankers. You sitting there saying you have donated, and now will not until you get an apology tells me you feel like you have some sense of entitlement just because you are the nice generous manc. Whatever, im sick of logging into different threads and seeing you having a go at crouchy for no god damn reason apart from the fact that you feel like he is insulting you.

Honestly either get over it or leave the forum. It's a Liverpool forum, when people are talking about that team then there is gonna be some comments like that. Honestly if crouchy owes you an apology then you owe him one as well. Its that simple.

Anyways, back on topic. For me its man united at the moment, but I also see crouchies point. But the fact is I do not know a single Everton fan, whereas I know Mancs and hate seeing them happy :D Also the fact they are challenging for the honors we are, that intensifies it as well. I know if someone asked me who I would want the double over at the start of the season, the first word out of my mouth would be "Mancs!!"

Read my post again. I wasn't referring to members. Looking at the responce so far your going to get your wish anyway.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #233: Jan 12, 2011 10:00:45 am
      Read my post again. I wasn't referring to members. Looking at the responce so far your going to get your wish anyway.

Keith,  the post you quoted was this one.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=2466.msg886253#msg886253

You were neither quoted, or mentioned in it.  Reading it back, it's pretty obvious it wasn't aimed at you.

I'm not too sure what the fuss is about to be honest.  (Unless I'm missing something).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,018 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #234: Jan 12, 2011 10:09:14 am
      Keith,  the post you quoted was this one.

You were neither quoted, or mentioned in it.  Reading it back, it's pretty obvious it wasn't aimed at you.

I'm not too sure what the fuss is about to be honest.  (Unless I'm missing something).

JD

You don't need to see my name for it to be referring to me. I'm a Manc, enough said.

If you think its exceptable, Liverpool forum or not for a moderator who  should be impartial  (( to a degree )) then my days are numbered which obviously will please many.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #235: Jan 12, 2011 10:26:56 am
      Keith,

Clear you have an issue with one of the moderators, I've looked through this thread (and also the match thread) and United fans have been called far worse than wankers.  Yet you seem to have picked up on him in particular for some reason that I have seen others do so as well.

And you are wrong about impartiality.  Forum staff are not supposed to be impartial - to any degree.  They are first and foremost Liverpool fans.  If they couldn't post how they felt then they simply wouldn't enjoy or carry on posting.

This thread is already being sidetracked so if you want to continue to discuss it, do so in a more relevant board.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #236: Jan 12, 2011 10:31:56 am
      Keith,  the post you quoted was this one.

You were neither quoted, or mentioned in it.  Reading it back, it's pretty obvious it wasn't aimed at you.

Its called paranoia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Paranoia is a thought process thought to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
      Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.
      Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state.
      Can also be used to describe any Manc.

;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011 10:38:59 am by eurored »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #237: Jan 12, 2011 10:47:00 am
      Keith. I have a lot of time for you, despite the fact your both a United and Hamilton fan. There has always been good banter. . . That said I find it a bit rich that, the week after you lot rob us in the cup, your on here demanding a clearly emotional at the best of times mod to apologies. Surely you must be the only opposition fan to ever leave the forum ' by mutual consent '. Come on man your not the only one I see who has a problem with Crouchy, but I cant see why you both have to make threats to leave the forum 
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #238: Jan 12, 2011 10:49:07 am
      Well I've never ever thought about Chelsea as rivals, I've no feelings towards them at all.
      Concerning Everton, it may be shocking, but when they play other teams esp Man U, I wish them good luck because I feel they represent part of the city of Liverpool.
      As for Man U, I dislike them because I respect the traditions of our club, maybe because I'm an overseas fan I can't feel the rivalry as you do locals.
      But Man U are the best among the three, certainly deserve to be the biggest rivals.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #239: Jan 12, 2011 11:01:44 am
      Concerning Everton, it may be shocking, but when they play other teams esp Man U, I wish them good luck because I feel they represent part of the city of Liverpool.

They represent a shed by a tesco. Represent Liverpool? F**k off.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #240: Jan 12, 2011 11:09:06 am
      Chelsea, Utd and Everton? Let's not kid ourselves shall we? A couple of seasons ago maybe!

Right now, we can't call them rivals can we? We are not competing with them. We are not even competing with Arsenal. Spurs or Man City.
      Everton are the only team among those we are battling with right now together with Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke and Blackburn.

Once we have earned the right to compete with the so-called top four, then our rivalry with that lot means nothing.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #241: Jan 12, 2011 11:12:45 am
      They represent a shed by a tesco. Represent Liverpool? F**k off.
      Come on! I said "part of the city" and I do mean a small part ;). My culture is one of love not of hate so I feel I can hardly hate anybody. Not hating Everton doesn't exclude me from being a Liverpool fan for sure.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #242: Jan 12, 2011 11:16:06 am
      Chelsea, Utd and Everton? Let's not kid ourselves shall we? A couple of seasons ago maybe!

Right now, we can't call them rivals can we? We are not competing with them. We are not even competing with Arsenal. Spurs or Man City.
      Everton are the only team among those we are battling with right now together with Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke and Blackburn.

Once we have earned the right to compete with the so-called top four, then our rivalry with that lot means nothing.
      We could be in the blue square premier league and I'd still consider them as rivals.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #243: Jan 12, 2011 11:23:31 am
      We could be in the blue square premier league and I'd still consider them as rivals.
      In that sense, yes they will always be rivals 'cos of the history but at the moment it's like Leyton Orient playing West Ham or Stockport playing Utd. No matter what the result, the the position in the table doesn't lie!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #244: Jan 12, 2011 12:10:55 pm
      Jesus kopking you have a short memory. Two seasons in turmoil and you write us off. Where is your pride man
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #245: Jan 12, 2011 12:25:39 pm
      Jesus kopking you have a short memory. Two seasons in turmoil and you write us off. Where is your pride man
      Am a very proud Fan racer and please don't think I don't get up for the occasions with Utd and Chelsea, but at the moment it's as important if not more, to make sure we get the results against the Boltons and Sunderlands isn't it?

And unless I am very much mistaken, wasn't you writing us off in the months Mr Hodgson was in charge?

I for one, wont write us off. The league is wide open. But that does mean the competition is improving and it isn't a foregone conclusion that we will be up there come May.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #246: Jan 12, 2011 12:29:39 pm
      My culture is one of love not of hate so I feel I can hardly hate anybody.

Mo. Mo. Dear Mo.

You just keep having your love-in.

I'll keep my feelings towards the blue-sh*te and especially for the Mancs that Ive had for many many moons now.

Its part of supporting the club.

Its like when you get married mate ...and they say "to the exclusion of all others".

Geddit?
      No?

Ok. Never mind.

Peace man and pass the spliff.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #247: Jan 12, 2011 12:31:07 pm
      Can't F***ing stand those sort of people (sadly there in the majority). It makes me laugh when you ask a United "supporter" who their favourite player is and the say Beckham or occasionally Ronaldo.
      At least here in the US, it seems that the majority of your ocassional EPL supporters tend to be either Chelsea or Man U.  They are by far the 2 biggest bandwagon teams and the dudes wearing the Chelsea or Man U shirts cant name one player or coach.

I think Liverpool has more "Football Supporters" as fans. Guys who like the game, guys who know the players on the team and like to watch good matches. The majority of Liverpool supporters here in the US tend to know football more than the Man U supporters here.  Its probably different in the UK and I know that Man U has a lot of good supporters, but for the most part they tend to be the "Trendy" Bandwagon team and its cool to wear the Man U shirt.  Every time I see some jerk-off with one on and I talk football, they dont know anything. Its great. :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #248: Jan 12, 2011 12:32:40 pm
      I never wrote us off. I said the owners had to act in January. They have delivered in managerial terms at least. We are talking about rivals. Bolton and Sunderland arent rivals. Never will be. Just a sign of how far the previous regime dragged us down.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #249: Jan 12, 2011 12:41:24 pm
      Easy answer, The Mancs and The Blues. Simple. Hate the both the Barstards!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #250: Jan 12, 2011 01:18:03 pm
      I think a big difference in kind of foreign fans come from club/city image and values.

Don't know if it's true in other countries, but in France you'll find a lot of Liverpool fans in regions where working class still means something. In (ex-) industrial or mines region, the support for Liverpool is often several generations old, with fans also being supporters of local clubs whose model is Liverpool (in northern France, RC Lens and Lille are probably the clubs having the most supporters being also Liverpool fans, in the east Sochaux and St.Etienne, in the west Nantes, all sharing the same "clubs of the people" values coming from an industrial past).

United, is some kind of a complete opposite perceived as the club of the establishment, and here seem more supported in rich cities, dominated by political right and also having prestigious expensive teams. When I was student in Bordeaux I was the only Liverpool fan for 10 or so Mancs supporters I knew. And according to people I see in forums most french Manc fans are also supporting teams like Lyon or Paris SG, prestigious rich clubs built because local elites wanted one more than the result of a working class football tradition.

It's not necessarily fair, but I think what explains, more than success, Liverpool foreign popularity, is how this club is identified with the popular origins of football more than any other. While many other clubs share the same origins it seems only Liverpool succeeded to keep this culture alive despite becoming a rich established club.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011 01:25:34 pm by TonioLerouge »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #251: Jan 12, 2011 01:29:03 pm
      JD

You don't need to see my name for it to be referring to me. I'm a Manc, enough said.

If you think its exceptable, Liverpool forum or not for a moderator who  should be impartial  (( to a degree )) then my days are numbered which obviously will please many.
      No more calling the Mancs tw*ts because we are hurting poor Keiths feelings.

This is first and foremost a Liverpool FC forum.

Keith, when you joined as a United fan you must have known the Mancs are gong to be called names here and there.

And we're not going to tip toe around because you think your above it due to donations.

End of.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #252: Jan 12, 2011 01:48:21 pm
      At least here in the US, it seems that the majority of your ocassional EPL supporters tend to be either Chelsea or Man U.  They are by far the 2 biggest bandwagon teams and the dudes wearing the Chelsea or Man U shirts cant name one player or coach.

I think Liverpool has more "Football Supporters" as fans. Guys who like the game, guys who know the players on the team and like to watch good matches. The majority of Liverpool supporters here in the US tend to know football more than the Man U supporters here.  Its probably different in the UK and I know that Man U has a lot of good supporters, but for the most part they tend to be the "Trendy" Bandwagon team and its cool to wear the Man U shirt.  Every time I see some jerk-off with one on and I talk football, they dont know anything. Its great. :lmao:

That has been the norm for a while, you find most Liverpool supporters or supporters of other clubs bar United have more footballing knowledge about other teams and leagues as well. I live in South Africa, only been gone from liverpool a couple of years ago but from what I have seen 90% of the people I know who support football claim to support United, but when I speak to them just about the general state of current affairs in their team or just the league in general they actually don't know a bloody thing of what's going on. In my mind it was born off their supremacy in the ninety's, they are all so arrogant, they dont even know what their next fixture and they claim that they will win...
      Apologies for goin off topic

Quick Reply