Trending Topics

Positive note. How much better it all looks when our Strongest XI is available.

Read 13441 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Positive note. How much better it all looks with an injury free squad
      Reply #23: Nov 02, 2009 02:23:54 pm
      Good post Daryl, I think people are getting over excited about getting rid of our Rafa. I would love to know the last time Rafa was able to pick that starting XI (bar Aquilani) he must be having sleepless nights at the moment with the injury list he has now.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Nov 02, 2009 11:54:05 pm
      Don't know about any one else, but the thought of seeing that Starting XI on form and firing on all cylinders has got me really excited, that is the big positive for me, its going to happen and it will happen soon enough and I honestly think when it does happen we are going to blow teams away.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Nov 02, 2009 11:55:09 pm
      Don't know about any one else, but the thought of seeing that Starting XI on form and firing on all cylinders has got me really excited, that is the big positive for me, its going to happen and it will happen soon enough and I honestly think when it does happen we are going to blow teams away.

Me too mate, me too.

It's a brilliant team when injury free.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 03, 2009 02:14:00 pm
      If that was the team to play lyon i would be sleeping alot easier, cant wait for them all to get back. As good as any starting eleven in europe fully fit.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #27: Nov 03, 2009 02:30:52 pm
      That's what has been so frustrating this season, the inability to field a first choice eleven due to injuries, viruses etc. Totally agree with Aurelio dropping back to left back, we look so much more solid when he's at the back. Insua is still too raw. And with the addition of a certain David Silva in January, the rest will fall into place.

Let's get Nemeth back too, he's had enough experience now, i'd pick him over Voronin and Babel every time. Our first choice eleven would smash the F**k out of anyone, but unfortunately we're going to need a lot of luck for that possibility to materialise.

And as everyone knows, we haven't had any luck this season, let's pray that it's about to change.  :gt-happyup:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28: Nov 03, 2009 03:04:23 pm
      With all the injuries, sniping at the boss and trying to blow the owners out the water it completely escaped me what we do actually have in terms of possible line ups in the not too distant future and it isn't as gloomy as the likes of Whelan would have us believe, things can only get better!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2009 03:21:52 pm
      With all the injuries, sniping at the boss and trying to blow the owners out the water it completely escaped me what we do actually have in terms of possible line ups in the not too distant future and it isn't as gloomy as the likes of Whelan would have us believe, things can only get better!

Its what we have to look forward to mate, through all the negativity there is some positives to take from it. I'd be more alarmed if it was our fully first team and we were dropping points.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #30: Nov 03, 2009 03:30:08 pm
      In depth squad, that's what we're lacking right now. With our main players out injured, Rafa do need to rely on those untested young players and a certain Babel, Voronin and Sotis to do the job. But we have to keep our heads up high and believe that we can create something magical from there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31: Nov 03, 2009 03:43:17 pm
      Its what we have to look forward to mate, through all the negativity there is some positives to take from it. I'd be more alarmed if it was our fully first team and we were dropping points.
      Too right Daz if it was our first choice ballsing up we'd have good cause to be worried - always look on the bright side of your life as the man says.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 03, 2009 03:47:39 pm
      Injury free squad.  What a wonderful image :)  If we have this line up fully  healthy at the begining of next season it'll put the fear of God into the EPL.

Money for players during the summer transfer window would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #33: Nov 03, 2009 04:23:28 pm
      Injury free squad.  What a wonderful image :)  If we have this line up fully  healthy at the begining of next season it'll put the fear of God into the EPL.

Money for players during the summer transfer window would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

The way the media are telling it the opposite will happen there's going to be a mass exodus at Anfield with the players,manager ball boys and groundstaff all vacating their respective posts in fact the only people remaining would be H&G, it's true I saw it in the papers.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #34: Nov 03, 2009 04:32:43 pm
      Agree with your starting eleven mate, I think thats our strongest team and yes would challenge any team in Europe.

Shame there's such things as injuries  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Dec 05, 2009 11:53:54 am
      Thought I would bump this, as our key players are now returning from injury with the exception of Torres & Aquilani at the moment. Rafa is getting some where near fielding his strongest starting XI & although we are not playing the prettiest football at the moment results & that rub of lady luck are starting to go our way.

In all the negatives we have had to face this season it's looking like the positives are about to shine through, a result against Blackburn today will further build our confidence and strengthen our place in the table and maybe just maybe we'll see Aquilani make an appearance to further build his match fitness.

The futures bright the futures orange The Mighty Reds Y.N.W.A
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Dec 05, 2009 07:00:33 pm
      Its what we have to hold on to through this.................... ..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Jan 28, 2010 03:15:24 pm
      Over 2 months since I originally wrote this, who'd have thought back that then that we still wouldn't haven't seen what would be considered to be our strongest Starting XI on a consistent basis ?, puts things into perspective really.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Jan 28, 2010 03:24:04 pm
      We've been hampered this season with important players being out. No doubt about it.

Part and parcel of football though isn't it. When important players are out (or out of form) it's up to other players to step up and show at least some fight. I think a lot of players have gone missing this season for one reason or another mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 28, 2010 03:29:13 pm
      WANTED

Players who will put there bodies on the line for the Liverpool cause.
      Last seen at Anfield against Spurs

Champions League football available to all participants

warning this is a limited time offer and subject to beating majority of teams around us
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #40: Jan 28, 2010 03:35:02 pm
      Our first 11 is as good as any side in the prem, i say it every day on this forum, and thats down to Rafa, nobody else.

Our squad is dog muck though, our bench is poor and IMO we don't have many prospects about to take the world by storm.

I don't blame Benitez for our poor squad though, because i personally would rather have the best 11 in england and have poor lads on the bench, rather than an average 16 grou of players. He's had to shuffle round players to find that perfect 11 and in my opinion, we've almost cracked it.

Unfortauntely for us though, we've been crippled by injuries this season to some of our key players and the players who are seen as our second team if you like, aren't good enough to step up to the mark.

If the americans had given Rafa an extra 20-25million in the summer to build on the money he got from the Alonso and Arbeloa sales, im sure we would have bought two, maybe three, really good players with that and we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Who does that anyway? We finished 2nd and were on course to winning the league, you would think the owners would push that little bit extra and invest just a touch more, just have a F***ing gamble and roll the dice, but no not our f***in owners.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Jan 28, 2010 03:35:41 pm
      I know what your saying Kenny mate, By the way did you have a good time in Bennidorm ?.

I've just been sat here thinking, and I think we have only seen what we all consider to be our first choice XI in 3 games this season. Now I agree players need to step up.

However could there not be some sort of mental element to our players performances, taking injuries, own goals poor refereeing decisions etc, making note injury wise its been to our so called star performers mainly, could the whole worlds against us mentality have crept into some of our lesser players mentally and they are pretty much conceding something is going to go against us even before a ball is kicked ?

We've all seen how lacklustre some of our performances have been, including when the so called bigger players with the big game mentality have been in the starting XI but negativity can spread like wildflowers once the doubt has been sown.

I'd just like to see all the lads fully fit with a consistent number of games under their belt I want to see the real Liverpool F.C stand up and be counted.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #42: Jan 28, 2010 03:46:22 pm
      Our squad is dog muck though, our bench is poor and IMO we don't have many prospects about to take the world by storm.

Have you had a watch of our reserves?
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Jan 28, 2010 04:29:52 pm
      Have you had a watch of our reserves?

Do you no reserve football is sh*te?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Jan 28, 2010 04:43:53 pm
      We still need another striker with Torres injury history, I said it last January when we sold Keane was shocked in the Summer when we did nt buy a striker, suprised again we have nt bought one now. But I understand Rafa hands are tied but it is shocking we have been left so light weight up front since January last year.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Jan 28, 2010 06:15:21 pm
      Yes, our first choice starting eleven, playing on a consistent basis is as strong as any. But our squad isn't.

Imagine a match day squad that is full of talent, desire, competition for places all over the park and nowhere to hide for those going through the motions. Every player would play knowing their place is under threat no matter who they are. Every player knowing that if they don't do it on the pitch there is someone desperate to be given a chance.

It's not the case just now.

Quick Reply