Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

188BET Signs With Reds

Read 11688 times
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Re: Massive cash boost for Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Nov 05, 2009 02:36:09 pm
      US $7.5 million. is hardley a massive cash boost
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24: Nov 05, 2009 02:41:51 pm
      More money disappearing into the interest repayments.
      First thing that sprang to mind - wouldn't be so pessimistic if we didn't have the other thieving bas**rds with their hands in the till.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #25: Nov 05, 2009 02:44:36 pm
      When I read the headline I was expecting to see a 60 or 70 mill boost for rafa, and although all the little things together can make up enough for a decent player it's not really massive, is it. All contributions wellcome, as long as G & H don't take it for expenses, Rafa will benefit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #26: Nov 05, 2009 02:50:38 pm
      When I read the headline I was expecting to see a 60 or 70 mill boost for rafa, and although all the little things together can make up enough for a decent player it's not really massive, is it. All contributions wellcome, as long as G & H don't take it for expenses, Rafa will benefit.

He hasn't so far mate
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2009 05:05:33 pm by Bpatel »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #27: Nov 05, 2009 02:51:03 pm
      US$7.5 million over 3 years is hardly massive when we have 20M at risk here if we fail to qualify for the knockout stages of the CL.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #28: Nov 05, 2009 03:12:30 pm
      Based on some of the moronic comments on here I think the club should just cancel this deal and send the money back as it clearly doesn't satisfy some of our fans.

Then maybe we should close the club shop because it doesn't generate 100 million per year.

Stop selling food and beverages at the ground too, yeah? After all, it can only possibly generate a few hundred thousand a year so what is the point, eh?

While we are at it, why not stop charging for match tickets, it only brings in a few mill?

OK, OK....I apologise for the heavy sarcasm but...seriously...some people on here just want to bi*ch and moan even when we get GOOD news. What is wrong with you?
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 05, 2009 03:27:35 pm
      I'll say this.  Its a step in the right direction.  Leaving that to one side, what we REALLY want is for Hicks and Gillett to give our club the proper money we are due to pick up some quality players. 

Unfortunately for us these sponsorship deals aren't enough to get what the club really needs.  Depth on the bench.  Prospects like David Villa, etc. etc.

solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Nov 05, 2009 03:27:45 pm
      Based on some of the moronic comments on here I think the club should just cancel this deal and send the money back as it clearly doesn't satisfy some of our fans.

Then maybe we should close the club shop because it doesn't generate 100 million per year.

Stop selling food and beverages at the ground too, yeah? After all, it can only possibly generate a few hundred thousand a year so what is the point, eh?

While we are at it, why not stop charging for match tickets, it only brings in a few mill?

OK, OK....I apologise for the heavy sarcasm but...seriously...some people on here just want to bi*ch and moan even when we get GOOD news. What is wrong with you?

Good post!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #31: Nov 05, 2009 04:06:42 pm

Your name would't be Hicks or Gillette by any chance.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #32: Nov 05, 2009 04:15:26 pm
      They're making a big deal over a £5m? Is this what its come to?!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #33: Nov 05, 2009 05:42:25 pm
      Whoop de f***in do.............peanuts.. ..hardly massive cash injection is it ???? >:( >:( >:(
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Nov 05, 2009 05:43:58 pm
      A partnership with Halliwell Jones BMW has been announced as well. Not sure if theres any £££ involved though. Just looks like they are the clubs official car supplier.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Nov 05, 2009 05:45:22 pm
      'expected' to bring in £4.5M over three years.

Seeing as we pay £1M in interest every 9 days - I reckon this 3 year deal will pay our interest for about 5 and half weeks.

Wow. F***ing yippee.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: 188BET Signs With Reds
      Reply #36: Nov 05, 2009 05:56:16 pm
      Based on some of the moronic comments on here I think the club should just cancel this deal and send the money back as it clearly doesn't satisfy some of our fans

I hope you'll agree that there's F**k all "moronic" about suggesting that (a potential) £4.5 million, over three years is hardly a "massive cash boost".
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #37: Nov 05, 2009 07:01:39 pm
      I hope you'll agree that there's F**k all "moronic" about suggesting that (a potential) £4.5 million, over three years is hardly a "massive cash boost".

It's an N'Gog every year! ;)

I don't think anyone is spitting on the money, we're all aware that we can do with all the help from sponsorship deals we can get (though I'd steer clear of renting out the stadium name :P).

We're moving in the right direction, I think it's just the title of the article that's (correctly IMO) pissing everyone off. It's hardly a massive cash injection compared to the level of our debt or interest payments, now, is it?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #38: Nov 06, 2009 01:34:06 am
      OK so it isn't a massive cash injection but in all fairness they're not a shirt sponsor or anything, they're just a betting partner. It's extra money that we wern't getting before. For too long this club has been behind the likes of United commercially and it is about time we got our act together. Can't believe we didn't have a commercial director appointed up until fairly recently, the appointment of Ian Ayre is probably the only good thing to have happened at boardroom level since the yanks took over.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #39: Nov 06, 2009 02:40:40 pm
      It's better than a kick up the arse - but when you are continually kicked up the arse comparative values seem irrelevant.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Nov 06, 2009 10:26:16 pm
      Every little bit helps IMO.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Nov 06, 2009 10:31:03 pm

It's not moronic. Your sarcasm was moronic. When you see a headline saying massive cash boost, and then see just 4.5 million then in this day and age, it is not much really.

Every little bit helps though, but we will see none of this. Straight into payments.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2009 04:32:54 am
      Some people on here are determined to see the bad in everything.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2009 08:29:24 am

When it comes to financial news, it's hard to see the positives because of them two lying beauts.

Hate them for making us so pessimistic.

As Ayrton said, it's an Ngog a year. ;) It would be nice to actually see the money mind. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2009 12:40:24 pm
      There's nothing else on the table mate, even when something apparently positive transpires there's always a hidden agenda, the owners inspire cynicism.  
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2009 03:10:12 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply