Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool FC and Subway to partner

Read 12023 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Liverpool FC and Subway to partner
      Reply #69: Apr 25, 2014 10:14:35 am
      The technical term for 'crispy' bacon is I understand streaky bacon and it is possible to accommodate the veggy fetish with the addition of a small fried tomato - as they say on Masterchef 'facking lavlee'.
      Do have a problem with the pig sections they call back bacon tho', you can almost hear the grunt as you masticate porky, unfortunately by some quirk of fate I am surrounded by people who eat only industrial sized pig segments.     

I'm afraid it's everything bar the squeal for me Stuey and tbh if they could get the squeal in there I'd eat that too.

I am a carnivorous glutton (or gluttonous carnivore?).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #70: Apr 25, 2014 10:28:53 am
      I'm afraid it's everything bar the squeal for me Stuey and tbh if they could get the squeal in there I'd eat that too.

I am a carnivorous glutton (or gluttonous carnivore?).

Hahaha nah it's just a certian bacon with me mate, I'll put the trotters away and pig's belly like a good'n, me dad used to eat every bit of the pig, him being an ex-butcher amongst other things.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #71: Apr 25, 2014 10:39:02 am
      Hahaha nah it's just a certian bacon with me mate, I'll put the trotters away and pig's belly like a good'n, me dad used to eat every bit of the pig, him being an ex-butcher amongst other things.

Funny that - similar with my old man. Before he got into the building trade he worked as a butcher's boy and that was in the war years. Nothing got wasted!

He was hilarious when my niece (his granddaughter) announced she was a vegetarian at age 12 over 20 years ago.

"Hmmm I don't usually trust vegetarians - they're shifty" - still makes me smile.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #72: Apr 25, 2014 10:44:10 am
      No no it's just highly spiced hoof / trotter BBB. Won't upset the delicate balance of your "temple".
      I beg to differ young sir but I guess it could go down as one of my five a year. Have your lot figured out how to batter and deep fry mustard yet?  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #73: Apr 25, 2014 10:48:58 am
      I beg to differ young sir but I guess it could go down as one of my five a year. Have your lot figured out how to batter and deep fry mustard yet?  ;D

Damnit I should have known you'd see through my subterfuge.

Deep fry air up here you know!

Although I did see a chippy darn sarf was battering and deep frying creme eggs for Easter - now that's just wrong.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #74: Apr 25, 2014 01:33:12 pm

Make a trip to the deep south overe here in the states BBB.....we'll deep fry anything, twinkies, ice cream, hamburgers, someone even figured out how to deep fry lemonade.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to get a triple heart bypass. ;D
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #75: Apr 25, 2014 01:33:57 pm
      Tsk tsk, you a member of the prawn sandwich brigade?  ;)

If it's not Beef Tea and a soggy pie, it's not worth having at the match :)

I've tried the beef tea and it's salty as hell.  I've tried the 'ordinary' tea made with granulles and weak as dishwater.  The pies are overpriced and tasteless.  Tend to get my food at a local chippie which have to be half decent to keep the custom.

Having said all this I don't mind a prawn sandwich and a glass of champers.  However I prefer a pint of mild and a bowl of scouse.

In other words i'll eat almost anything but I like quality and value for money.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Apr 25, 2014 08:44:35 pm
      Tsk tsk, you a member of the prawn sandwich brigade?  ;)

If it's not Beef Tea and a soggy pie, it's not worth having at the match :)

Ah yes Rodders.

A true Red !
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #77: Apr 26, 2014 12:19:25 am
      The money contributes directly to revenue and revenue is used to pay operating costs and wages. What these sponsorship deals do is that it increases our club's global coverage and fan base. These will indirectly translate into TV and merchandising revenue. Top tier football clubs are after all running a global business. Gone are the days where clubs are just a football team. TV rights, sponsorship, fat player wages... familiar? Football has evolved.

don't forget... revenue from sponsorship deals help us greatly with FFP rules. as Henry said earlier... match day income in important but the bulk of revenue is sponsorships... so something like this with Subway helps big time
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #78: Apr 26, 2014 03:16:59 pm
      The money contributes directly to revenue and revenue is used to pay operating costs and wages. What these sponsorship deals do is that it increases our club's global coverage and fan base. These will indirectly translate into TV and merchandising revenue. Top tier football clubs are after all running a global business. Gone are the days where clubs are just a football team. TV rights, sponsorship, fat player wages... familiar? Football has evolved.

Evolved indeed, I'd still wait to see what transpires with regards to transfers, after the failures to back BR in the past 2 windows.
      We have more deals than ever yes?
      We have more tv money than ever yes?
      We are higher in the prem than ever yes?

Then lets see that money get put into the team. there is no two ways.
      They've got rid of players because of wages.
      Look a bit stingy to me so far. all this money needs accounting for, because I don't want the owners using us like a sports brand for their own personal gain.

Quick Reply