Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'What Are You Doing?' thread

Read 1003296 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: The 'What Are You Doing?' thread
      Reply #17940: May 19, 2022 12:36:40 pm
      Just pur-chased a Titan planer/thicknesser from screwfix. It's the lowest priced PT on the market. Only for hobby woodwork. Next on the list is a band saw. I've got a £500 budget for the workshop so it's going to be entry level stuff.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17941: May 19, 2022 12:40:37 pm
      Just pur-chased a Titan planer/thicknesser from screwfix. It's the lowest priced PT on the market. Only for hobby woodwork. Next on the list is a band saw. I've got a £500 budget for the workshop so it's going to be entry level stuff.

What are you planning on making mate?

Since retiring I have also set up a workshop, you can get addicted on buying tools 😁
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17942: May 19, 2022 12:54:25 pm
      What are you planning on making mate?

Since retiring I have also set up a workshop, you can get addicted on buying tools 😁

Going to mess about making tables and stuff. See them on Youtube. Got a fair bit of gear, mitre saw etc. I'm also retired and I enjoy messing about with timber. Made a load of garden planters, sold a few. The tables don't require any great skill but they look niffty. And you can mix and match with the tops and bases etc.

I only buy entry level stuff TBH. I did buy a Milwaukee impact driver but generally I buy the cheapest. Bought an Orzito drill for £40 and it performed well.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17943: May 19, 2022 02:10:11 pm
      Got called away there. I mean with the price of timber it won't be a money spinner that's for sure. Have you got your shop kitted out. I still need a lot of stuff. I will work at it more in the winter months as I hate the dark months. Don't want to be stuck in the garage in the summer.

Lot of demands on my time but I'm going to be a bit more selfish and make time for what I want to do.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17944: May 19, 2022 02:33:53 pm
      Headed to the doctor in a little while to get this cyst (lipoma) removed from the back of my head. Probably been there for about 10 or 15 years now and I'm just now getting around to getting it taken care of. Supposed to be an in and out. Hopefully it's not attached itself to anything important inside my head ;D
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #17945: May 19, 2022 03:16:43 pm
      Headed to the doctor in a little while to get this cyst (lipoma) removed from the back of my head. Probably been there for about 10 or 15 years now and I'm just now getting around to getting it taken care of. Supposed to be an in and out. Hopefully it's not attached itself to anything important inside my head ;D

Had one of those bout an inch below my eye. didn't look that bad but I hated it.

On the outside it just looked like a bit of a bump but would surprise you the size of it under the skin.

Had it removed last year, didn't feel a thing when they removed it. Thank F**k for whatever they injected in to numb me. Was shitting myself going in 🤣.

I was in and out in about an hour max. You'll be fine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17946: May 19, 2022 03:17:42 pm
      Got called away there. I mean with the price of timber it won't be a money spinner that's for sure. Have you got your shop kitted out. I still need a lot of stuff. I will work at it more in the winter months as I hate the dark months. Don't want to be stuck in the garage in the summer.

Lot of demands on my time but I'm going to be a bit more selfish and make time for what I want to do.

Yeah I am pretty much kitted out with table saw, bandsaw, planer thicknesser, track saw, router table etc.

Just make sure you have some decent dust extraction along with a good face mask. Esp if working with mdf

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #17947: May 19, 2022 04:17:38 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well FL Red, not nice these kind of procedures but important to get them dealt with, good luck.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17948: May 19, 2022 05:52:22 pm
      Had one of those bout an inch below my eye. didn't look that bad but I hated it.

On the outside it just looked like a bit of a bump but would surprise you the size of it under the skin.

Had it removed last year, didn't feel a thing when they removed it. Thank f**k for whatever they injected in to numb me. Was shitting myself going in 🤣.

I was in and out in about an hour max. You'll be fine.

Yea this one is more of a nuisance...I've wanted to keep my hair shorter (since I'm starting to lose it anyway) but always felt I needed to keep it longer to cover up the bump on the back of my head. Doc seemed pretty chill about it, so that's how I'm going to approach it. Definitely a bit curious to see just how big it was when it comes out...that's the weirdo in me :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17949: May 20, 2022 11:43:00 am
      Well the procedure went well. Weirdest thing I’ve had done to me. No pain (I was numb) but I could feel him pulling the skin back and cutting and scraping. Then he showed me what he pulled out 🤢

Some staples and I’m all back together, hopefully doesn’t affect my hair back there. Little sore today, hoping the feeling of my skin being stretched will wear off as the swelling goes away.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #17950: May 20, 2022 03:55:19 pm
      Well the procedure went well. Weirdest thing I’ve had done to me. No pain (I was numb) but I could feel him pulling the skin back and cutting and scraping. Then he showed me what he pulled out 🤢

Some staples and I’m all back together, hopefully doesn’t affect my hair back there. Little sore today, hoping the feeling of my skin being stretched will wear off as the swelling goes away.

Hopefully you get lots of TLC from your family FL Red and well done for being so brave, I could feel my toes curling as you described what you'd had done, not nice and don't worry about your hair, it'll grow back  :gt-happyup:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #17951: May 20, 2022 08:39:39 pm

Yes mate it's a strange feeling alright.

I had zero pain after thankfully so hopefully you don't have much.

Weird seeing what they remove isn't it 🤣
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17952: May 20, 2022 08:42:27 pm
      Yes mate it's a strange feeling alright.

I had zero pain after thankfully so hopefully you don't have much.

Weird seeing what they remove isn't it 🤣

Yea for a minute was a little worried they took a little grey matter ;D
      Liverbird.
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #17953: May 23, 2022 04:06:02 pm
      Watching the trial of Amber Heard.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #17954: May 28, 2022 02:18:01 pm
      Just polished off some cheese on toast, washed it down with a glass of milk and now going to mow the front garden. (no, that's not a euphemism).

This will probably be me last post for the day (probably even weekend as I'll be out all day tomorrow for the homecoming) so enjoy the match Reds.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17955: May 28, 2022 02:53:31 pm
      Just polished off some cheese on toast, washed it down with a glass of milk and now going to mow the front garden. (no, that's not a euphemism).

This will probably be me last post for the day (probably even weekend as I'll be out all day tomorrow for the homecoming) so enjoy the match Reds.

Let's have em Bill.

I'm rough as F**k as ended up right on it last night. Two kids footy games from 9.00 this morning and back to a sh*t tip of a house as Mrs at work.

Ah well, back on it I go.

Let's go reds
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17956: May 29, 2022 10:58:39 am
      Hanging out of my ass.

Waiting for it to be a reasonable time to order some shitty fast food to cheer me up.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17957: May 30, 2022 03:59:14 pm
      Drinking sh*t loads with What a Hit Son and Crouchie. What a great afternoon we r having!

Thanku Dave we love u lad ❤️❤️❤️
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17958: May 30, 2022 06:39:00 pm
      On my way home, after having a few beers with John (Crouchinho) and Ian (Aussie Red)

For F***ing real, and with no arse licking, for the sake of it. These two boys are the F***ing sh*t. Like really good people. My only downside to meeting them is that Diego, another F***ing legend, wasn't there, at the same time.

Take a bow The LFC Reds Forum cos I've met three absolutely awesome people,  because of it.

Hic
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #17959: May 31, 2022 03:48:06 pm
      Mate we had a ripper day with you.

Me and Crouchie got back to Hotel at 6, said we would put an alarm on for 3 hours Kip before going out to dinner, crashed out, woke up by my phone and a lad wanting to meet me to give me my fave pastime 🌿😁, jumped in taxi saw him, got back to Hotel and crashed again. Woke up at 3 am starving, jumped in a cab, got maccas and back to hotel, where Crouchie was still sleeping and hadn’t moved. Woke up this morning at 10am we did. Solid session mate. Thanks for taking time out of your busy lifestyle to look after 2 Aussies. ❤️💪🏾🔴
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17960: May 31, 2022 06:05:37 pm
      Mate we had a ripper day with you.

Me and Crouchie got back to Hotel at 6, said we would put an alarm on for 3 hours Kip before going out to dinner, crashed out, woke up by my phone and a lad wanting to meet me to give me my fave pastime 🌿😁, jumped in taxi saw him, got back to Hotel and crashed again. Woke up at 3 am starving, jumped in a cab, got maccas and back to hotel, where Crouchie was still sleeping and hadn’t moved. Woke up this morning at 10am we did. Solid session mate. Thanks for taking time out of your busy lifestyle to look after 2 Aussies. ❤️💪🏾🔴

If I’d known you were going to go through so much  :cool-smiley-027: I’d of got you more. I thought what I got was to last you whilst you were here.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #17961: May 31, 2022 07:48:16 pm
      Do your remember who your talking too mate? 🤣🤣

Crouchie here mate so it’s two of us now 😁
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #17962: May 31, 2022 07:53:36 pm
      So I fu**ed up stupidly today.

Was supposed to go on the Anfield Tour today but for some reason thought it was tomorrow.

Emailed the Club and I apologised, said my head was still on the sh*t that happened in Paris and they understood and refunded my money, as there are no more tours for a few days due to Anfield hosting 3 concerts 😩😩 oh well we have done the tour before but haven’t seen the 3 new shiny cups …. Might have to come back one day 😁❤️🔴

Quick Reply