Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Birmingham (09/11/09)

Glen Johnson
      (69.8%)
      David N'Gog
      (9.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (3.1%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (2.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.2%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (9.3%)

Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham City: Post-match depression

Read 27147 times
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham City: Post-match depression
      Reply #230: Nov 11, 2009 10:59:50 pm
      bcfcmitch.....you are getting carried away with yourself.  We have been depleted by injuries and had two recurrences on the night.   Enjoy your point! we should have put 5 past you and certainly could have been 3 up before 1/2 time.  Our fault I accept.  Just parking the bus then looking for gaps when we concede to a stupid set piece is hardly fantastic football.....
      However...as for your other comments Sunderland et al...it's well documented we didn't play well but the Black Cats DID NOT SCORE a legitimate goal remember that.

bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #231: Nov 11, 2009 11:02:03 pm
      haha i was behind goal singin keep right on to a very silenced anfield mate.. enjoyed my night you did have more chances and possesion but i dont really remember hart being put much under any threat i remember about ten rubbish shots that went miles wide it was fun i felt relaxed and comfortable with a 2-1 win we defended brilliant and forced you to many long range shots ;D wow i am so offended by that..we know villa are ina  better league than us like man united are mcuh better than you its not going to stop the hatred you moron i dont think you can take fact that your team have been very poor and you cant admit anything you just seen you had 20 shots and automatically think you shouldve won your players are an embarasment to football absolute disgrace oh well..we are only tiny little birmingham shity birmingham city..the team that you had to dive against to get a draw ;D..mate id be worried fan if i was you..you clearly cant win without gerrard and torres..you have no money and in major debt your going to have to sell to have any sort of funds and maybe the end of torres end of the year whilst we've been promised 40 mill to spend..i think your club needs to get champions league to stand any chance of not collapsing good luck
      bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #232: Nov 11, 2009 11:03:50 pm
      injuries? you obviously have no idea about our club..only once or twice this season we've kept the same back four..we've had benitez and jerome out with injuries..at one point we had 13 injuries this season now we have had a few came back and it started to look up for us
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #233: Nov 11, 2009 11:04:15 pm
      we are only tiny little birmingham shity birmingham city

Yep mate. Spot on.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #234: Nov 11, 2009 11:06:19 pm
      Oh just get fu**ed.

What are you even achieving.

Making a fool of yourself pal, it's your time you're wasting.

Not on a Birmingham forum? Not much to discuss?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #235: Nov 11, 2009 11:12:53 pm
      bcfcmitch - that isn't a debate it's just insulting and ignorant...push off if u can't put a reasoned argument together.  We had an additional 20 shots to the 3-4 which included Stevie's and Yossies saved by Hart...god your memory poor and biased.  Frankly not worth bothering with.  We beat Mans twice last season and just recently - completely outplayed them..... U IDIOT! as we did YOU
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #236: Nov 11, 2009 11:26:43 pm
      Sore loser. Just go back to your own sh*t forum. Can even touch the ball in the whole game. We don't parking the motherfucking bus on the motherfucking pitch! We play football! So just shut the F**k up now. If you really want to talk about cheating. Go to Red Cafe!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #237: Nov 12, 2009 12:26:53 am
      Lucas is the problem, why don't we admit it?
      I don't understand why we played him when we had Gerrard (who obviously was fit) and Aquilani on the bench? He is good for the Brazilian league, but no way in the EPL
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #238: Nov 12, 2009 12:29:10 am
      I don't understand why we played him when we had Gerrard (who obviously was fit) and Aquilani on the bench? He is good for the Brazilian league, but no way in the EPL

Oh dear!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #239: Nov 12, 2009 12:47:00 am
      Someone's about 4 months too late to start bashing Lucas...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #240: Nov 12, 2009 09:32:03 am

Oh dear, have you been watching videos of our previous seasons?
      bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #241: Nov 12, 2009 11:14:35 am
      me biased? i dont think so..most comments ive read is just being biased towards liverpool..why would a team like us come to anfield try play football and try win when we'd just end up being thrashed? 1st half we tried to attack and when we did we took our chances and then we defended for the 2-1 draw we havnt got the ability you have to go for a 3rd why do u think you thrashed hull city 6-1 i think it was because they went their with a stupid mentality we done everything right i couldnt care less if you had 50 shots or deserved the win it doesnt say that at the end of the result..yes you outplayed us yes ull always outplay us we know that but i think our determination amd our battling deserved the point and why do u always talk about man utd cheating?..yes they get away with big decisions like yourselves...but i havnt seen a man united player dive to win a penalty to get a draw against a lower table side..i seen them get cheated against chelsea and altho u completly deserved your victory against them..but all the big decisions went your way carragher shouldve been sent off and as for being a sore loser how? we didnt lose you moron we drew which im very happy with just bit gutted i travelled 2 and half hours for a cheat to cost us all 3 points which could cost us dearly..you keep talking about these 20 shots..and uve named me 2 efforts hart saved but until upto 2-2 i actually felt comfortable even mcleish said he couldnt see you scoring..your a great team and have awesome players and play great football i appreciate you as a club but wheres the gratitude birmingham city deserve instead..all i want is for someone to have the bottle to come forward speak truth and say the draw was a fair result :)
      bcfcmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #242: Nov 12, 2009 11:17:55 am
      ohh and beating man united this year and twice last year makes u better? hmm i dont think so they dont rely on two players..why are they champions?..why do they win it almost every year?..we havnt lost to you lot in this league in 8 games does that mean we are better than you? no i dont think so..the league doesnt LIE
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #243: Nov 12, 2009 01:37:02 pm
      We'll never the blues?

Haven't youz got your own forum, shithead?

Now kindly F**k off.

I ;D'd thus +1

In all serious Birmingham looked very average to me, maybe that was just me and Benitez looked pretty useless
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #244: Nov 12, 2009 04:28:21 pm
      He is good for the Brazilian league, but no way in the EPL

This is pretty much the jist of every post Mohammad has made.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #245: Nov 12, 2009 04:55:01 pm
      Birmingham City a nasty little irritation of a club who have just got rid of their nasty little owners.Football is about taking on the oppostion not having 11 men in your own half for 75% of the game do you actually pay to watch that crap. You have got a squad of 24 or so avg players one in one out doesnt matter we have several world class players who cant be replaced by an avg one.You did well to scramble a draw on another day it could have been 7 , that has a familiar ring to it.Good luck with your relegation battle you will need it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #246: Nov 12, 2009 06:29:06 pm
      For the first time in years I managed to get tickets to a game, all be it at 4pm on Monday! Picked up the missus and drove for 3 and a half hours (then 5 back! Ruddy M6 roadworks!!!)...

To be honest I was chuffed to be back at Anfield, but looking back we really should have won! We dominated the second half, Bham were good in the first... I saw the above from a Bham fan and he is mad - did they even have a shot in the second half? If thats not parking the bus then what is?

Up without Torres we looked lightweight - Ngog could be a match winner, but not a full time striker in my opinion. And in the center of the park there is no one going forward - no one! It was crazy! At around 80 mins we had a corner that no one wanted to take so Masch had to run 50 yards to take - in the first half Pepe took a throw on because no one could be arsed..!

Our players havent turned bad over the summer, the fight has gone from most of them!

Still, was great just to be there
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #247: Nov 12, 2009 06:30:07 pm
      ohh and beating man united this year and twice last year makes u better? hmm I dont think so they dont rely on two players..why are they champions?..why do they win it almost every year?..we havnt lost to you lot in this league in 8 games does that mean we are better than you? no I dont think so..the league doesnt LIE

Yeah. It doesn't does it. Us 2nd in Premier League last season. 18 league titles. Etc, etc. Would you kindly explain Birmingham's record? I went to have a look at your trophy cabinet myself but i couldn't find it. George W Bush swore to me it's there though :f_whistle:
      Seriously, we hammered you blue cu*ts everywhere but the scoreboard. A defensive mistake and a one in a million goal is all you had for the match, so F**k off and put your name down for trips to Barnsley, Crystal Palace etc for next season. And Newcastle @St James Park :f_tongueincheek:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #248: Nov 13, 2009 01:15:38 pm
      If i was a brum supporter I'd be happy my team never got rolled over but I'd never be proud of my players for having 20% percent possession.. Good result or not I'd hate to be on the receiving end of such dominance in a game.
      And to say she was quite comfortable in knowing we wasn't going to score??.. Get a grip..  I bet she left a little oxo cube in her thong really.. hahah
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #249: Nov 13, 2009 01:19:28 pm
      So you never seen Ronaldo dive to get a penalty against a lower team don't make me laugh you've obviously only starting watching football this season if you've never seen Utd players dive to win penalties.
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Reply #250: Nov 13, 2009 01:28:14 pm
      me biased? I dont think so..most comments ive read is just being biased towards liverpool..why would a team like us come to anfield try play football and try win when we'd just end up being thrashed? 1st half we tried to attack and when we did we took our chances and then we defended for the 2-1 draw we havnt got the ability you have to go for a 3rd why do u think you thrashed hull city 6-1 I think it was because they went their with a stupid mentality we done everything right I couldnt care less if you had 50 shots or deserved the win it doesnt say that at the end of the result..yes you outplayed us yes ull always outplay us we know that but I think our determination amd our battling deserved the point and why do u always talk about man utd cheating?..yes they get away with big decisions like yourselves...but I havnt seen a man united player dive to win a penalty to get a draw against a lower table side..I seen them get cheated against chelsea and altho u completly deserved your victory against them..but all the big decisions went your way carragher shouldve been sent off and as for being a sore loser how? we didnt lose you moron we drew which im very happy with just bit gutted I travelled 2 and half hours for a cheat to cost us all 3 points which could cost us dearly..you keep talking about these 20 shots..and uve named me 2 efforts hart saved but until upto 2-2 I actually felt comfortable even mcleish said he couldnt see you scoring..your a great team and have awesome players and play great football I appreciate you as a club but wheres the gratitude birmingham city deserve instead..all I want is for someone to have the bottle to come forward speak truth and say the draw was a fair result :)

three things:

1- punctuation
      2- you cannot draw a match 2-1
      3- get lost you joker
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #251: Nov 13, 2009 01:33:45 pm
      So bcfc have been promised 40m to spent,but in all honesty who wants to play for a championship team in the waiting.Liverpool will finish top 4 no problem.
      TrapIsGod
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -2 
      Reply #252: Nov 13, 2009 02:25:45 pm
      Bottom line.... We deserved to win

Quick Reply