Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ticket issues

Read 9192 times
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Ticket issues
      Feb 10, 2007 12:46:45 pm
      Hi everyone, just registered today to try and find out why the normal 'Joe Public' cannot get any tickets to watch Liverpool. It doesn't matter what game you want to see either home or away it is nearly impossible to get your hands on any, unless you are a season ticket holder even then it seems hard to get CL tickets, we went to Istanbul and had to pay £475 PER TICKET and there were 4 of us, it was great night don't get me wrong and well worth it, but we are still paying 2 years later. We have tried to get tickets for the Barca away game, because silly as it sounds we thought it would be easier getting tickets for the away leg than the home leg, last time we played Barca at home I queued for 4 hours round Anfield to get them. So my question is can anyone help????
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Ticket issues
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2007 07:45:54 pm
      Hi Leekar, it is a problem getting tickets even if you go regular !!  Have you got  a Fancard ?  Its the first thing you will need to even contemplate getting a ticket, as for the CL games and the other cup tournaments, the answer is to go to the earlier rounds as attendance is the main criteria for getting tickets.  I've been to all the CL matches and i know i will be sitting on the phone for at least 5 hours next Thurs trying to get tickets  for the home leg v Barca ;) >:(
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2007 08:02:14 am
      hi smigger yes we all have fan cards, and when we won in Istanbul we had been to the TNS games and most of the earlier rounds but still had no chance of getting tickets, and as we live about 40 miles away from the ground it's a bit tricky nipping off work to queue up. It seems the shareholders and coporate people get the most allocation fair enough if they go to the games. What I would like to know is how come all these tickets agencies manage to get hold of loads, surly it should be the real fans how get the best chance at watching their favorite team and not the money grabbing so and so's.We are a family of 4 and it cost's well over £150 to watch 1 game with petrol etc, so it's not a cheap day out anymore, but we are willing to pay this to watch our team, however when it comes to the BIG games we don't stand a chance, I know i am not the only one that has this problem and it will probably never be sorted but maybe when the new stadium comes along it might not be so hard.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2007 06:01:21 pm
      hi smigger yes we all have fan cards, and when we won in Istanbul we had been to the TNS games and most of the earlier rounds but still had no chance of getting tickets, and as we live about 40 miles away from the ground it's a bit tricky nipping off work to queue up. It seems the shareholders and coporate people get the most allocation fair enough if they go to the games. What I would like to know is how come all these tickets agencies manage to get hold of loads, surly it should be the real fans how get the best chance at watching their favorite team and not the money grabbing so and so's.We are a family of 4 and it cost's well over £150 to watch 1 game with petrol etc, so it's not a cheap day out anymore, but we are willing to pay this to watch our team, however when it comes to the BIG games we don't stand a chance, I know I am not the only one that has this problem and it will probably never be sorted but maybe when the new stadium comes along it might not be so hard.

I think thats always been a sore point about the ticket agencies getting humungous amounts of tickets while the poor fans who really follow their teams havent got a chance.  Lets hope our new stadium solves this problem eh ?   ;)
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 25, 2007 08:16:45 am
      Well we went over to barca via france, yes we hired a motorhome and drove through France down to barca 1000miles there, it took us 22 hours, had a great day in the pub, and went to the ground and paid a tout from liverpool a fortune for 3 tickets, which were scattered all over the ground so we ended up standing at the back of one of the levels and watched the game. We were right next to a corporate box at the barca end that had a telly so we could watch the replay's, as we were that high up the players looked like ants. However that was soon switched off when he realized the were going to be beat. The atmosphere was very subdued considering it holds 95000, they don't chant or sing, we soon showed them how it was done.

What i would like to point out is one the day of the game there were tickets on sale at the ground if you held a forgiven passport, they would not sell to UK passport holders, how is that right. There were a large number of Irish people there that were able to get tickets and sell them on, but UK passport holders were turned away. Is this some kind of new rule???

As we didn't get back till Saturday we have now missed all the tickets for the home leg as well, but i bet we will get them on the day from the touts, how the hell do the touts get so many tickets??
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2007 08:05:26 am
      I think thats always been a sore point about the ticket agencies getting humungous amounts of tickets while the poor fans who really follow their teams havent got a chance.  Lets hope our new stadium solves this problem eh ?   ;)

I'm really not too sure if they get a 'humungous' amount.  It would be nice to get some clarification on the tickets sold by these third party websites etc where they charge £275+.  At the end of the day, people paying those prices help contribute to the black-market. 

I love my club, but I wouldn't pay £275 to watch a league game at Anfield, no matter who the opposition, for a ticket with a fave value of £35.  Entirely out of principle.  We need to somebody draw up a letter, we'll all sign it and send it to Rick.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 08:06:49 am by Jabba »
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2007 05:36:00 pm
       ::) I would love to sign a letter or a petition to try and help the true fans get tickets, not sure what format it should be in or if there is an option on this site to create one for all to sign, as a newbie i don't think I'll have the same rights as the older members, but any advise would be welcome. Would Rick do anything about it, at the end of the day this is a business and they are in it to make money, maybe not all of the board but most of them are. We have no chance of tickets for the home leg as it is now all sold out, we have been offered tickets for £380 each, but we just cannot afford that. I have even asked AK on the legends radio station for help ;D. It looks like it will be a pizza and a few beers in front of the telly this time.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Feb 26, 2007 06:26:24 pm
      ::) I would love to sign a letter or a petition to try and help the true fans get tickets, not sure what format it should be in or if there is an option on this site to create one for all to sign, as a newbie I don't think I'll have the same rights as the older members, but any advise would be welcome. Would Rick do anything about it, at the end of the day this is a business and they are in it to make money, maybe not all of the board but most of them are. We have no chance of tickets for the home leg as it is now all sold out, we have been offered tickets for £380 each, but we just cannot afford that. I have even asked AK on the legends radio station for help ;D. It looks like it will be a pizza and a few beers in front of the telly this time.

Hi Leekar, it seems the only way to get tickets is to sit on the phone all day, providing you've got all the necessary early games on the fancard you can normally get one.  I've been attending all the CL games now for a number of seasons and  have only had to queue at the ground once.  Usually, one of us from our group will take a turn in  spending up to 4-5 hours on the phone listening to that irritating woman saying " You have not been charged for this call, please try again".....grrrrr !!  The only reason we do 'try again' is because we will eventually get through and get tickets, perserverance pays off in the end.      ;) ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Feb 26, 2007 11:21:52 pm
      I think thats always been a sore point about the ticket agencies getting humongous amounts of tickets while the poor fans who really follow their teams haven't got a chance.  Lets hope our new stadium solves this problem eh ?   ;)

Listen I absolutely love this club with a passion. But nowadays I get called a 'fake Liverpool fan' just because it's really really difficult to get my hands on a ticket.
      I get all the stick off my mates that are ALL Tranmere Rovers fans (poor things) where they just walk up to the stadium. Go in and give a £5 pound note in. And thats them sorted.
      It really does get me down when its hard to go and grab a ticket. Therefore now we have a 'huge' cash injection for the Stadium why are we building a 60 thousand seater stadium? The Mancs have a bloody 75 thousand. If we want to start getting more supporters in for the matches I firmly believe we can pack a 70 odd thousand stadium every week. It would also give more people more chance of getting their hands on a well deserved season ticket. I mean my name has been down on the waiting list for about 7 years now and its far from frustrating!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2007 09:53:14 am
      you guys aren't giving me much hope of getting tickets for when I come to see the boys next year....I'm really starting to worry that my planned trip would be an absolute nightmare if I couldn't get tickets ??? ??? ??? ??? I was hoping to spend 2 weeks there, one in Liverpool to see a home game and the other in London to see an away game...that's the only reason I was saving up and coming over :-\ :-\
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 04, 2007 12:30:48 pm
       :) Hey you may get tickets, all we are saying is it is not as easy as you would think, try and get them before you come over if that is at all possible but you will always get one outside the ground on a match day from the touts but expect to pay a lot more for them. Like i stated a few posts before we went over to Barca and had no problem getting tickets but we paid a lot for them, sometimes it's the only way to get into the BIG games, I know it's wrong and we are only helping the touts stay in business, but if we don't buy them there are plenty of other people that will. Until all the big clubs do something about touts and all the ticket companies "we" the true fans will always be in this situation. I suppose its the price we pay for supporting Liverpool Football Club and not a smaller club like .......err....err....Eve rton  >:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #11: Mar 10, 2007 09:27:17 am
      :) Hey you may get tickets, all we are saying is it is not as easy as you would think, try and get them before you come over if that is at all possible but you will always get one outside the ground on a match day from the touts but expect to pay a lot more for them. Like I stated a few posts before we went over to Barca and had no problem getting tickets but we paid a lot for them, sometimes it's the only way to get into the BIG games, I know it's wrong and we are only helping the touts stay in business, but if we don't buy them there are plenty of other people that will. Until all the big clubs do something about touts and all the ticket companies "we" the true fans will always be in this situation. I suppose its the price we pay for supporting Liverpool Football Club and not a smaller club like .......err....err....Eve rton  >:D

thanks leekar.....looked at a site the other day on the net....LFC at Anfield to watch one of the bigger games 375 pounds :o...blew me away....more overtime at work I think :action-smiley-057:.....what do you roughly say touts would sell them for and where do you find them ???
      D2
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      LIVERPOOL-BORO TICKETS OFFER
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2007 12:28:12 pm
      HI GENTS,

I HAVE TWO TICKETS TO THE BORO GAME AT ANFIELD ON THE 18TH OF APRIL. I AM TAKING OFFERS AS I CAN'T MAKE IT. ANY OFFERS?

CHEERS.

D2
      jbarrett
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2007 12:42:02 pm
      Hi i would be quite happy to give you £100 for the tickets please reply thanks jon
      HI GENTS,

I HAVE TWO TICKETS TO THE BORO GAME AT ANFIELD ON THE 18TH OF APRIL. I AM TAKING OFFERS AS I CAN'T MAKE IT. ANY OFFERS?

CHEERS.

D2
      [/quote]
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: Apr 13, 2007 05:43:09 pm

thanks leekar.....looked at a site the other day on the net....LFC at Anfield to watch one of the bigger games 375 pounds :o...blew me away....more overtime at work I think :action-smiley-057:.....what do you roughly say touts would sell them for and where do you find them ???

Depends how close to kick off you leave it.

Outside the ground - average opposition.  About 10-15 over face value?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #15: Apr 15, 2007 04:38:05 am
      Depends how close to kick off you leave it.

Outside the ground - average opposition.  About 10-15 over face value?

Thanks JD, when you say "depends how close to kick off you leave it"...does that mean touts are out there maybe 2-3 hours b4 kick off?
      fionam
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2007 09:13:57 pm
      Hi I'm new to the forum and I am going to try and get a couple of tickets for the last game of the season against Charlton.  I know I have a cat in hells chance but hey you've got to try!!!!!

I have rung up and got tickets before but I live in Yorkshire and have not been able for one reason or another to get to Anfield for a couple of seasons.  When the general sale starts this Thursday can I still buy tickets without a Fancard or do I need one?  ???

I don't have one a present as I can only get to a game every now and then.  Would appreciate any advice from you regulars.

Cheers
      Fiona.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2007 11:29:11 pm
      Thanks JD, when you say "depends how close to kick off you leave it"...does that mean touts are out there maybe 2-3 hours b4 kick off?

Yep.  They get there early.  Their prices decrease on a logarithmic scale as kick off approaches

About five past three they start paying you take the ticket off them.  ;)
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 24, 2007 12:15:42 pm
      Alright fellow reds, any spare tickets for the FULHAM (away) 5th May, can you please keep me in mind, much appreicated, email details to

tinsley(underscore)a@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers guy's
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #19: Apr 25, 2007 03:47:01 am
      Yep.  They get there early.  Their prices decrease on a logarithmic scale as kick off approaches

About five past three they start paying you take the ticket off them.  ;)

cheers Jabba...wait till 5 mins after game starts then get more money to spend on booze.....cheers :food-smiley-005: :drink:
      astor
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #20: May 02, 2007 03:55:53 pm
      can somebody tell me how can i buy a tickets for the finals in athens.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: May 02, 2007 10:43:55 pm
      can somebody tell me how can I buy a tickets for the finals in athens.

Have you got a mortgage ? Cos you might need to sell your house  ;) ;D ;D ;D   Joking aside mate, have you attended any of the games in the tournament ?  When they go on sale it will be by attendance on your Fancard first, unless your a shareholder/season ticket holder  ;)  Thats what it was in 2005.  ;D
      leekar
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Reply #22: May 03, 2007 07:12:43 pm
      well here we go again planes trains and automobiles, We have again sorted our flights an accommodation out, we fly to Corfu on the 21st for a week and then travel either by car or train to Athens once we have caught the ferry to the main land. It was the only way of getting anywhere near without paying over  £900 of flights alone. We got a good deal SC £169 pp for a week. The next thing which is my old favorite TICKETS oh my god they have gone mad £1250 + for 1 ticket, short of selling a body part it is going to be worse than Istanbul. But as ever where's the a way there's a scoucer.Any ideas fella???
      I have goggled the whole ticket issues to death, and i have come across hundreds of people that won tickets through the UFA ballot, I must remember that next time. See you all there

Quick Reply