Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injury Update...

Read 11043 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Injury Update...
      Reply #23: Nov 17, 2009 02:29:38 pm
      Rafael Benitez has today brought us up to date with the very latest news from the treatment room at Melwood. 

"Glen Johnson's was a strange situation because he finished the game on Monday and then travelled to London to be with England. He felt something in his hamstring and came back to us for a scan. Hopefully it's not too serious and he could be available again in a week.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166452091112-1312.htm

Well In Glen Lad. :f_whistle:
      Your'e learning. ;D

flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 17, 2009 04:15:25 pm
      More good news!

LATEST: TRIPLE INJURY BOOST FOR BENITEZ
      Jimmy Rice 17 November 2009
         Rafa Benitez is confident of having Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson fit to face Man City this weekend.
      All three have trained well after sitting out international duty and should be available for Saturday's crunch fixture against Mark Hughes' men.

However, Benitez is likely to be without top scorer Fernando Torres.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Agger is okay. He had a small problem with his back but he's training. It was a very good decision from Denmark's manager (to withdraw Agger) because he is much better now. I think he'll be okay for the weekend.

"Johnson has been training. Not full sessions, but training, so hopefully he'll be okay for the weekend too.

"Gerrard is doing well. He finished a full training session today, so if he can carry on then he'll be okay as well.

"Fernando Torres is training with the physios, so I don't think he'll be available."

Benitez also had good news to report on hamstring duo Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, who were originally ruled out for four weeks after pulling up against Birmingham on November 9.

The boss said: "I was talking about four weeks but they are working hard with the physios and doing special treatments. We have to check but maybe they'll be back earlier than expected."

Meanwhile, Benitez expects to have David Ngog available for our forthcoming fixtures despite breaking his nose with France U21s.

"We know Ngog has broken his nose but it's not serious," he said. "I am not sure yet because we haven't seen him but I think he'll be okay, it won't be serious."

Elsewhere, Fabio Aurelio - who could not accept a long-awaited call to the Brazil squad due to a calf injury - remains a concern.

"It's a pity because he was waiting for this call for a long time, then when he got the opportunity he had a problem," said Benitez. "He's improving but still has a little bit of a problem with his calf. It will be difficult for him to play against Man City."
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 17, 2009 04:16:37 pm
      Agger and Johnson should be ready for Man City and it seems like Riera and Yossi might come back earlier than thought before.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Another International Injury
      Reply #26: Nov 17, 2009 05:49:26 pm
      Appoligies if this has been posted else where;

Ngog suffers a suspected broken nose whilst away with France U21 team...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228309/David-Ngog-fears-broken-nose-Liverpool-injury-curse-refuses-relent.html

http://www.football.co.uk/liverpool/ngog_fears_broken_nose_as_liverpools_injury_curse_refuses_to_relent_rss266867.shtml

Lovely to see we can almost make it through an international window without injury - still positives, dan dan pacheco could get a call up!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Re: Another International Injury
      Reply #27: Nov 17, 2009 06:14:25 pm
      Posted in his player thread.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Ā© Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #28: Nov 17, 2009 07:29:04 pm
      Some encouraging news at last! ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Nov 17, 2009 07:35:05 pm
      Broken nose? Seriously the injury god's are scraping the bottom of the barrel now aren't they? Every thing that can happen does to us.

Will N'gog make some appearances with that mask that players often wear then do you think? Will have to start making up some songs about him to Phantom of the Opera tunes ;)
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #30: Nov 17, 2009 08:19:13 pm
      In you believe in Karma then the bad stuff we have at present is due 100% thanks to messrs Hicks and Gillette.Lets face it since those two arrived its been one disaster after another ,go home George and Daisy Duke you are not wanted.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Nov 17, 2009 09:36:59 pm
      Not too bad an update. At least Gerrard seems to be on course for the weekend.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 18, 2009 12:58:42 pm
      Dutch media are reporting that Yossi and Riera might be ready to play this saturday. Apparently they've undergone a special treatment in Serbia, which includes massaging and horse placenta :P Dutch media also reports Liverpool want the woman running this treatment to become part of the staff. (They're reporting about all this because Van Persie is undergoing the same treatment)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #33: Nov 18, 2009 01:34:05 pm
      Lets go Dutch then ;)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #34: Nov 18, 2009 02:16:47 pm
      If we can get Yossi to make a cameo appearance against Man City,it would be enough for me as he is extremely dangerous in such appearances.
      Una
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 19, 2009 09:55:22 am
      Benayoun and Riera were in Belgrade 5 days ago, Benayoun said he is feeling better already :) i'm so happy about that  ;D
      Yesterday Johnson and Fabio Aurelio went to Belgrade for the same treatment...  8)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #36: Nov 19, 2009 10:12:01 am
      Rubbing afterbirth all over your groin ugh. :aaliverpool2xt1:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Nov 19, 2009 10:17:25 am
      Rubbing afterbirth all over your groin ugh. :aaliverpool2xt1:

In some countries they eat it, it's a delicacy :D
      Una
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 19, 2009 10:20:27 am
      haha
      well if it helps, it's ok with me!
      sounds horrible when you say it like that  ;D all that rubbing...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #39: Nov 19, 2009 01:49:28 pm
      In some countries they eat it, it's a delicacy :D
      You're right Daz there's a recipe for placenta spaghetti bolognaise I thought it was a wind up but it's online, suppose you'd get a taste for it.....not.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #40: Nov 19, 2009 02:13:50 pm
      I think our new year signing should be that doctor from Belgrade over anyone else.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #41: Nov 19, 2009 02:42:58 pm
      You're right Daz there's a recipe for placenta spaghetti bolognaise I thought it was a wind up but it's online, suppose you'd get a taste for it.....not.

That's true mate. I ate both my boys placenta's, quite tasty and probably the most nutritious meal you can get on the planet. I know it sounds sick, but they are nice. Unfortunately I'm not planning on having any more kids, otherwise I'd have sent you a portion ( in a hermetically sealed container of course). We made curries out of ours though. It's just the thought that's the only off-putting part of it.

Once both of our boys were born, they couldn't wait to get their f**king hands on it, they tell you that they use them for research, but actually they sell them on to cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies, to develop anti-ageing creams and shampoos and other stuff. No way was I letting those greedy bas**rds make a profit off my boys, they were most welcome to come round my house and pick the leftovers out of my sh*t if they wanted to though. For some strange reason, they declined.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2009 02:49:47 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2009 02:45:06 pm
      Hello my dear friends, I'm a Liverpool fan from Belgrade :)

Yesterday on a telly I saw information about Liverpool players and about Mariana Kovacevic.

So, if everythings goes fine, you should sing during the matches - In Belgrade, all my troubles seemed so far away...Oh, I believe in Belgreday...:)

The next link is a link for one of our moste releveant web sites. I'm really sorry because it's on serbian, but you canj ust watch the video from yesterdays news, showing Johnson and Aurelio on Belgrade airport.

http://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2009&mm=11&dd=18&nav_id=393363

I hope that everything will be fine.

I believe that Liverpool will be in the next stage of Champions League.

Also, maybe it's is a great chance for the friendly match between Red Star Belgrade (which I support) and Liverpool.

Red Star won the Champions League in 1991. (of course, it was not the league, it was cup system).

It could be a good opportunity for Liverpool and Red star fans to show how good they are.

And they are the best.

Best regards from Belgrade!

You'll never walk alone!

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2009 03:10:07 pm
      Hello my dear friends, I'm a Liverpool fan from Belgrade :)

Yesterday on a telly I saw information about Liverpool players and about Mariana Kovacevic.

So, if everythings goes fine, you should sing during the matches - In Belgrade, all my troubles seemed so far away...Oh, I believe in Belgreday...:)

The next link is a link for one of our moste releveant web sites. I'm really sorry because it's on serbian, but you canj ust watch the video from yesterdays news, showing Johnson and Aurelio on Belgrade airport.

http://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2009&mm=11&dd=18&nav_id=393363

I hope that everything will be fine.

I believe that Liverpool will be in the next stage of Champions League.

Also, maybe it's is a great chance for the friendly match between Red Star Belgrade (which I support) and Liverpool.

Red Star won the Champions League in 1991. (of course, it was not the league, it was cup system).

It could be a good opportunity for Liverpool and Red star fans to show how good they are.

And they are the best.

Best regards from Belgrade!

You'll never walk alone!

God, I thought Fabio was on crutches at first but it's only his suitcase handle ;D

Only thing I can find on this so far is from the Express:

FOOTBALL JOHNSON SEEKING KOVACEVIC 'MIRACLEā€™ 

England's Glen Johnson and Liverpool's Fabio Aurelio are looking for placenta cure
       Thursday November 19,2009
      By Matt Law
      GLEN Johnson could be about to join the growing number of footballers seeking the miracle placenta cure of Mariana Kovacevic.

According to sources in Belgrade, England defender Johnson and his Liverpool team-mate Fabio Aurelio were seen arriving at the office of Kovacevic amid rumours Fernando Torres could join them.

With their season in danger of collapse, Liverpool are turning to desperate measures.

Serb Kovacevic claims she can halve recovery time by massaging the injured area with fluid from a placenta.

Johnson last week pulled out of Englandā€™s friendly against Brazil with a calf injury and Liverpool are desperate to ensure he is fit to face Manchester City on Saturday.

Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera could be in line for shock returns to action after responding to Kovacevicā€™s radical treatment on their torn hamstrings earlier this week.

ā€œI have been in Belgrade to see her and I am feeling better already,ā€ said Benayoun.

ā€œMy hope now is that I will be fit in one week, two at the most. I have a good feeling about it.ā€

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/141169/Johnson-seeking-Kovacevic-miracle-

What's Glenn doing there?  I was hoping that he was ok.   :(
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2009 03:19:13 pm
      Maybe he is ok enough to play but in doubt.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #45: Nov 20, 2009 11:02:14 am
      Wow, what next, I wonder how many babie's have to be born to heal a Johnson or a Benayoun, still no shortage of helpers I'll bet. :laugh: :laugh:

Quick Reply