Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

360 Owners - Beware! Microsoft Cracking Down On Flashed 360's

Read 3821 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      360 Owners - Beware! Microsoft Cracking Down On Flashed 360's
      Nov 13, 2009 01:53:27 am
      It happened late on Thursday here in the States.. It was on CNN. So I dont know If it will happen in the UK or not.. But M/Soft banned 1 MILLION X-Box live accounts and the 360 Machines themselves from the Xbox Live Nework for having Mod Chips.   X/Box said it violated their terms and conditions.

They uploaded a program into an XBox Live update which checked all the systems online. Anyone with a Mod chip is Banned, maybe for Life.  Right now M/Soft said the only way to get back online and use the XBox Live network is to buy a NEW 360 and not ad a Mod chip.   Those sneaky bas**rds did it during the Call of Duty roll out because a lot of 360' users were online with Pirated versions of the new Call of Duty.

So, If you have a Mod chip, and plan on network play, I would either remove your Mod chip or dont use the Live network.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2009 05:36:42 pm by Court LFC »
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: 360 OWNERS BEWARE.
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2009 05:15:05 am
      Yeah, i heard about this. They started banning accounts last week and said they aren't done.

It's harsh, but IMO, those who do chip their consoles do know it is a risk, and they do take that risk.

I'd recommend getting a PS3...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2009 05:35:21 am
      Yeah, it's harsh but you are breaking the law, and you know it too. No one can say they have any valid reason for being pissed. You know the risks, bear the consequences when they happen.

PS3 is way better anyways ;)
      maxpinay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2009 05:41:28 am
      PS3 fans having a field day with this...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2009 07:34:38 am
      I thought they just got banned if you had a chip if you went online?

It's a risk but if you've had it chipped then you've probably saved more than enough in the long term to buy another one. It is illegal though to be fair.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2009 10:08:55 am

It's a risk but if you've had it chipped then you've probably saved more than enough in the long term to buy another one. It is illegal though to be fair.

Exactly.

Microsoft aren't soft.  Ban 1 million XBox users a month before Christmas who will happily scuttle off and buy another one. Classic marketing trick and I would imagine most of the lemmings would fall for it.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2009 04:17:25 pm
      Good thing is I dont play Online games. I just like the simple console gaming.  I can now by the Banned 360's on Ebay for 100.00 US.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #7: Nov 13, 2009 04:18:56 pm

The machines themselves still work..Chip or not. Its just the XBox live which you cant access.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Nov 14, 2009 12:14:37 am
      Exactly.

Microsoft aren't soft.  Ban 1 million XBox users a month before Christmas who will happily scuttle off and buy another one. Classic marketing trick and I would imagine most of the lemmings would fall for it.

Haha!

"Lemmings" - superb word that.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Nov 14, 2009 02:51:32 pm
      The machines themselves still work..Chip or not. Its just the XBox live which you cant access.

I didn't know you still could.

Even so, those people who were online obviously wanted to play online. So the majority of them would go out and get another one.

Or get a PS3. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: 360 Owners - Beware! Microsoft Cracking Down On Flashed 360's
      Reply #10: Nov 14, 2009 06:32:47 pm
      You gotta wonder how many will be like "F***ing screw microsoft the bas**rds - im going onto PS3"

Im sure there's a percentage out there who will be that pissed off they may go onto Playstation instead, and probably chip that as well!
      Exactly.

Very good point that.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Re: 360 Owners - Beware! Microsoft Cracking Down On Flashed 360's
      Reply #11: Nov 14, 2009 09:19:32 pm
      Eventually what will happen is someone will come up with a way to remove the Mod Flash, or override the lockout program for XBox live and then you can use it again. Under a different Login name, of course.

Their are a few things which may fix it and override the XBox Ban.

Depending on what their using to determine which machines are modded, I read it was a sniffer program in a recent XBox Live update, which "tagged" the machine. 

It is possible that the Banned machines are simply banned based on the IP Address of your XBox live connection.  If you did get banned, see if you can use a 'Proxy" server and then login... Might work!    You may also be able to just go into the machine and replace the BIOS chip or Flash it. If it has a Motherboard it probably has a BIOS chip or remove your CMOS Battery and then replace it and restart the machine. 

You may also be able to locate the "sniffer" file from the Update Files. If thats possible.  The OS on the Xbox may also have a restore point. Just restore back before the Update,  remove the Mod chip or files, and then go back onto XBox Live.  Dont forget Xbox is a computer, with Network capabilities. You can get into the system OS.

Im sure all that would void the piss out of the Machine Warranty but, its already voided and banned to begin with.

Quick Reply