Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Is football the most important thing in your life after family or not?

Read 2856 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Is football the most important thing in your life after family or not?
      Nov 13, 2009 02:00:00 pm
      I think of football, I eat football and I sleep football. Well, even though I'm not a professional player, I play football alot and I watch them alot.

My life, probably revolves around football. How I act in public, how it affects me speaking and how it affects what I do in my free time. Whenever I have an idle mind, football things enter my mind.
      -My room is full of football posters.
      -My laptop's desktop background looks like

-My Vista side bar's pictures are Liverpool pictures.
      -My Windows Live usually has football pictures and a Liverpool personal message.
      -My Firefox browser looks like this :

There are even times that I declined to attend a friend's birthday party or outing with my friends just to spend 1.5 hours on the field, kicking a ball. I even had a mate who decided not to go for dinner with his family but instead, play football. I even tried to arrange all my extra classes so that they do not clash with my football playing time. Even before going out to play on the field, I'd either be playing it on the Playstation or watching some Liverpool videos. I even bought a new pair of boots just to play in England and I need a daily dose of football.

Yes, I am addicted to Liverpool FC and football.

But oh wait, there's a twist

Then came the time, I met a girl one Saturday night. So happens, we are of the same religion and she asked me to attend church the next day at 11.30. I said I will most probably go but I forgotten that I actually had football try outs for my college the next day at the same time. I could use the rain and the cold as an excuse but I turned up at church.

I've never put anything above football before in my entire life as stated above but I skipped football try outs for church (or to see the girl?) and she was surprised. And church, normally would be the last thing I'd skip football for.

So, am I addicted or am I not?

How about the rest of you guys? Gave up anything for Liverpool or football?
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2009 06:35:23 pm by Adryan »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Is football the most important thing in your life or not?
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2009 02:57:58 pm
      Is it the church or the girl that you put above football?  I'm not religious at all so I could never consider how church would ever come above football but if its the girl you like and put her above football then I could relate to that.

I might sound like a soppy git here but I was in love once and thought no feeling in the world could beat that( dare I say it, life in general took a back seat and that included Liverpool...god forbid me).  But I learnt my lesson and will never let that happen again because girls will come and go but you'll always have Liverpool FC. ;)

I'd put family above football and LFC but only just and that'd be the only thing.  If its church you're addicted to then I can't help ya. :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2009 03:04:00 pm
      I would still say some people are the most important part of my life - parents, brothers, some other relatives and a few very dear friends.

But besides that, then yes, football is the most important thing in my life. By far.

My passion for music and movies is also very strong, and I really like what I do in college (Economics), but I would throw everything away for football, if needed.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2009 03:05:54 pm
      Well, it was more of seeing her again than going for my football try outs. That probably means putting a girl who is a potential girlfriend above everything else at that moment.

I wouldn't have minded skipping a normal football session with my friends to meet a girl but skipping football try outs, something that does not happen often, is really something else.

Girls come and go but unfortunately for me, this is like only the 2nd girl I've really fancied. But you're right, family should always be there first and Liverpool FC would
      always be around.

I would still say some people are the most important part of my life - parents, brothers, some other relatives and a few very dear friends.

But besides that, then yes, football is the most important thing in my life. By far.

My passion for music and movies is also very strong, and I really like what I do in college (Economics), but I would throw everything away for football, if needed.

Yes, I play the guitar and I used to skateboard. I used to play basketball. I spent less time on all those now and more time on football!
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Re: Is football the most important thing in your life after family or not?
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2009 04:01:20 pm
      I'd put social work above it  ;D but yes, Football is surely important..
      LFC!  :scarf:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2009 04:09:37 pm
      Family first, LFC a very close second for me.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2009 06:35:51 pm
      Heh, should have stated in my opening topic whether the rest of you gave up things for Liverpool and football. :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7: Nov 13, 2009 09:27:33 pm
      Family first, LFC a very close second for me.
      Same.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Nov 13, 2009 11:00:55 pm
      Same again.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #9: Nov 13, 2009 11:24:10 pm
      I guess I must be the only heavily addicted one.  :o :o
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Nov 13, 2009 11:29:44 pm
      To be fair, if there's a family occasion when the match is on I've been known to strop.

:D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #11: Nov 14, 2009 01:07:02 am
      Ad, I bet your browser doesn't look like that.

I had a couple of nightmares back in September where I had to put family occasions and work before attending Liverpool games.

Hated it, and made everybody aware that I should have been somewhere else.

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Nov 14, 2009 02:22:34 am
      Bunch of no-lifers.

When I have the time, of course I too breathe, eat, sleep, think football. Except that I don't really enjoy playing football that much. Partly because of my selfish mates who think they're Gerrard, Ronaldo etc and the humid sun.

For me, first comes Family. I mean what are you without family, honestly? Then comes my studies. My responsibility is doing well in school, gaining good grades etc and going into a good college/Uni later on.

And then? Football and nothing else.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Nov 14, 2009 02:37:45 am
      My girl and my family, then closely behind is football. I include my best mates when i say family, but thats only the real best ones. I love football, so much. Often when i am looking for a DVD to put on, it'll be Liverpool season highlights, or the Istanbul game, etc etc. And i have even been known to disappear while out clubbing with mates back home to my favorite bar in Adelaide for sports, as they would always have the Liverpool game on. My mates would walk past to see me with a beer in hand yelling at the TV with a bunch of random Liverpool fans and would come in like "dude what the?" and then they would see Liverpool on the TV and just roll their eyes :D I always told them there would be a possibility of that happening, they just never understood as they aren't sports fans. Weird, but the way they are.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #14: Nov 14, 2009 02:52:04 am
      Ooo.... well family has to be 1st.... but Liverpool FC is my religion... I am addicted to LFC but its behind my loved ones of course
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #15: Nov 14, 2009 03:06:26 am
      Ooo.... well family has to be 1st.... but Liverpool FC is my religion... I am addicted to LFC but its behind my loved ones of course

Agree.  Loved ones first then the reds.  Not too sure if I'd put college or career in front of the reds mind like some people earlier in the thread suggested.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #16: Nov 14, 2009 04:26:25 am
      Putting family aside, for me, the only other sport that I think I can honestly say rivals LFC, not football but LFC, and it comes a distant second is cycling.  I really love that sport with a passion.  Stephan Roche's 3 out of 4 major jersey wins in 1987 got me interested and Greg Lemond's 8 second Tour de France win in 1989 had me hooked.  So much so that I actually took up competitive cycling myself.  Sadly I was sh*te ;D  But, in my mind, nothing compares to watching Liverpool..... first team, reserves, academy YNWA
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Nov 14, 2009 04:59:53 am
      Agree.  Loved ones first then the reds.  Not too sure if I'd put college or career in front of the reds mind like some people earlier in the thread suggested.

Neither. I was watching the reserves on my laptop in a lecture the other day, did not pay one word of attention to the guy talking :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #18: Nov 14, 2009 09:11:48 am
      Neither. I was watching the reserves on my laptop in a lecture the other day, did not pay one word of attention to the guy talking :D

:lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply