Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Tevez considers retirement

Read 6069 times
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Tevez considers retirement
      Nov 14, 2009 10:26:31 am
      Manchester City and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he is considering retirement because of fatigue.

Ahead of Saturday's friendly with Spain, the 25-year-old has fallen behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain in national boss Diego Maradona's plans after stuttering in World Cup qualifying.

Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family.

He said: "It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with City) until 2014.

"I'm a bit tired of so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."

Regarding his place in Argentina's first team, he said: "My chance passed. I had my possibility and I couldn't take advantage of it. When the team needed goals I couldn't provide them.

"So it's logical that other lads should be in front of me."

Tevez has also hit back at critics of Argentina after it was suggested that members of the squad do not give 100 per cent at international level.

He said: "We were criticised a lot, sometimes rightly so, but to have people say we didn't play well because of the money or we don't love the (Argentina) shirt, don't sing the national anthem, there's a lot of ill will."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5693357,00.html

Apparently he's tired and if Argentina wins the WC, he'll retire.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2009 11:43:39 am by CRK, Reason: Wanted to put the whole story in. Couldn\'t really make a valid comment on one line. »
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Tevez considers retirement
      Reply #1: Nov 14, 2009 10:42:29 am
      Homesick.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Nov 14, 2009 11:47:44 am
      It's funny seeing football players commenting on the amount of football they have to play. I'd certainly play footy twice a week and train each day if I was getting paid £5m a year. Beats the measly £14,000 a year the majority of us are on, eh?

If it's that bad, swerve the job, move your family over here with all the money you have and get a job in a call centre.

And this is one of the talented players. ::)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Nov 14, 2009 11:49:59 am
      Jesus.

What the F**k is he saying. Can't believe he's taken for granted what he's been gifted with in life.

Got plenty of time to chill out after you retire Carlos. That's what people do, go out and work, give up free time to earn a living. Just happens that you've got an amazing job and you're complaining about being 'tired'?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Nov 14, 2009 11:52:08 am
      Glad we never signed him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: Nov 14, 2009 11:58:15 am
      WoW!!

United fans will be laughing at that statement. What the fooks he playing at for heavens sake. He's only just sign a contract. Looks like United got out of that one lightly ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #6: Nov 14, 2009 11:59:00 am
      pr**k, love to see how City respond to this! Shell out all that money, and he plans on retiring after only 2 seasons with them?

Ungrateful f**ker.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Nov 14, 2009 11:59:31 am
      He just seems to have no idea when it comes to 'the right things to say'.

I'd be fu**ed off if I was a City fan - just shows his head's not properly in it.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 14, 2009 12:11:36 pm
      Did wonder why Fergie wasn't keen to fight for him!!!now we know 'head case' 
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Nov 14, 2009 05:23:01 pm
      fu**in lazy ba*tard you've been blessed with football and he want to retire! WTF!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #10: Nov 14, 2009 05:50:22 pm
      Glad we didn't buy him.

Another motivation-less beaut.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Nov 14, 2009 06:00:11 pm
      Must be minted if he can think of retiring already.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #12: Nov 14, 2009 06:08:13 pm
      I bet it's all been blown out of context and he meant retiring from international Football.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Nov 14, 2009 06:11:05 pm
      Why doesn't he just retire from national team after the world cup if hes so 'tired'? FFS, millions all over the world would kill to have the chance to earn millions and play professional football and he complains of being tired? F**k off.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 14, 2009 07:43:59 pm
      I bet it's all been blown out of context and he meant retiring from international Football.

More than likely fella, given the source.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Nov 15, 2009 01:55:04 am
      Anyone else hoping Argentina win the World Cup? ;)

Just another Adriano, talented player but couldn't actually give a damn about the game. Retiring at that age is a joke, people work 50+ years and still have to keep working to support their families and make ends meat yet he can give up when ever he likes.

Footballers who retire so young because they just can't be bothered anymore should pay back all the money they have "earned". People would put themselves in debt just to travel and get a trial even though the chances are they will not get a contract and would give anything to be where he is.

Ungrateful tw*t, hope he shatters his leg next time he plays so he is forced to give up, then he might realise how lucky he is!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Nov 15, 2009 02:17:40 am
      Useless bugger.

Retirement at age of 25. Just a couple of years into professional football and you're telling people you're sick of footy and for wanting to spend time with family.

Takes his stature as a footballer for granted, his wages for granted. I'll wonder if you didn't become a footballer you might be out there on the streets begging for money you never know so be thankful for what you've got today.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17: Nov 15, 2009 04:00:09 pm
      fu**in lazy ba*tard you've been blessed with football and he want to retire! WTF!
      It's a funny think called .......money or too much of it
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Nov 15, 2009 05:06:22 pm
      What the other skills he have got? What he is gonna do for the rest of his life? Become a model?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Nov 15, 2009 05:12:02 pm
      I could use his qualities  :lmao: :lmao:
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 15, 2009 05:22:01 pm
      I think it's understandable really, see it from their perspective. Alot of these south americans football players grew up in poverty, football is mostly just a means for them to give themselfs and their family a better life. So once they succeed in that they get different priorities. It's different for most western european players, alot of them play for the love of the game. You can't really blame a person for not loving this game as much as we do, or just for loving something else more. Surprised some of you are so judgemental.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2009 05:27:32 pm by Rood »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #21: Nov 15, 2009 05:34:16 pm
      Surprised some of you are so judgemental.

Well he is an ex-united scar-faced pr**k, so what do you expect!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 15, 2009 05:45:11 pm
      I guess I expect a bit more intelligence, but maybe that's too much to expect.

Quick Reply