Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

World Cup Play-offs

Read 10469 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: World Cup Play-offs
      Reply #69: Nov 18, 2009 10:51:10 pm
      I'm sure every country will be hoping to draw France in their group at the World Cup.  I'd even fancy England to tonk them.

ROI definitely exceeded my expectations tonight though so credit should go to them.  Its just disappointing the manner they went out.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #70: Nov 18, 2009 10:57:20 pm
      I hope France draw Spain and Brazil in their group after that.

They look pretty ordinary now to be honest.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #71: Nov 18, 2009 10:59:23 pm
      F**k Henry!

Always been a dirty lil arrogant pr**k thats why I would never like to see him in a red shirt.

That is pure bollocks Irish were robbed.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #72: Nov 19, 2009 12:04:58 am
      I'm gutted tonight took we were outstanding pissed all over France, France were shocking tonight they completely bottled it and with better finishing we would have being out of sight.

My stomach is in knots though we have being cheated out of the World Cup, any respect I had for Henry is gone, he didn't handle it once he did it twice and how did the linesman not see the 2 lads in offside positions when the ball was crossed in, one of them impeded Dunne as well when he was going to head it.

The goal stinks, I think it's a shame for football that cheating has prospered and to be honest if ye want to know how I feel it is like the Maradona Hand of God over again. Henry pissed me off at the end as well sitting down next to Dunne trying to do the mister nice guy routine, he is a F***ing cheat along with the Ref.

Isn't it amazing Fifa and Platini got there way and France qualified to be honest with the seedings disgrace and now this I'm starting to wonder should there be qualifiers at all Fifa should just pick who they want to be in the World Cup
      wellboy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts |
      Reply #73: Nov 19, 2009 12:09:25 am
      I am absolutely devastated, dont want to come to work tomorrow. Own fans will be missed, bet there will be no trouble in Paris tonight, imagine we had been Germany!

Thierry, you ruined your career tonight!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thierry-Henry-CHEAT/175933332682
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Nov 19, 2009 12:33:53 am
      I wonder what gillette will make of one of the faces of their advert being labled a cheat by all and sundry.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #75: Nov 19, 2009 12:38:06 am
      Sounds like a right shi**er.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #76: Nov 19, 2009 05:18:34 am
      Isn't it amazing Fifa and Platini got there way and France qualified to be honest with the seedings disgrace and now this I'm starting to wonder should there be qualifiers at all Fifa should just pick who they want to be in the World Cup

Your dead right Corbally, it just seems like when a small nation tries to punch above their weight they're knocked straight back down by the suits that are only interested in sponsorship money. Not what the world cup is supposed to be about, everyone given a chance to qualify, no advantages, no preferences. This result is going to have a detrimental affect on Irish football. With the success of the rugby team recently, we needed the footballers to qualify to spark the interest in football again. But FIFA wouldn't care about that, France are a 'bigger and better' team and belong in South Africa, not on merit but on reputation.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #77: Nov 19, 2009 06:44:23 am
      I do think the boys from across the water were let down big time by the officials last night,everyone know's it was a hand ball.
      We are most deffo gonna see 5 officicials at the next world cup,lets hope nothing like this happens at the most spectacular event in football.
      To Robbie and the lads you was robbed and to the fans on the Irish Kop sorry you won't be with us. 
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #78: Nov 19, 2009 07:02:31 am
      Make your own mind up, though anyone who thinks this is a valid goal is off their rocker. ;)

Thierry Henri handball

Two offsides, and two handballs. ::)

Not fussed too much about International football myself, but this is terrible. Bad luck Ireland, didn't deserve to go out like that.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2009 12:26:05 pm by ayrton77 »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #79: Nov 19, 2009 07:09:50 am
      First time ive seen it. F***ing bullshit. Is it just me or is officialdom seeming to get worse and worse? Although that could just be down to us being able to see more now. But i think that just highlights the need for more officials in vital places on the pitch such as the goals. I don't want video replay bar for goal line decisions, as it'll tie the game up to much. But i think officials need to keep a closer eye on happenings in the box, as to much happens that doesn't get seen. Especially when a bloody world cup place is at stake for gods sake! Imagine being one of those Irish players. Id wanna kick Henry's head in.

Respect for Henry dropped hugely. As a footballer to actually think to control with your hand is very foul play indeed. Fuming as a fan watching that.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #80: Nov 19, 2009 07:33:23 am
      Makes you wonder if Gillette will renew the cheating fuckers contract ?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #81: Nov 19, 2009 08:39:28 am
      That's a pretty shitty decision.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #82: Nov 19, 2009 12:00:52 pm

New career in line for Henry?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #83: Nov 19, 2009 12:13:33 pm
      Heh Quality!

:lmao:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #84: Nov 19, 2009 12:17:16 pm
      Make your own mind up, though anyone who thinks this is a valid goal is off their rocker. ;)

Ireland vs France 18 Nov 2009 - Thierry Henry - Handball - Best Quality

Two offsides, and two handballs. ::)

Not fussed too much about International football myself, but this is terrible. Bad luck Ireland, didn't deserve to go out like that.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sportfive."

Can't see it now but it sounds like a shocker.  Bad luck Ireland.  Awful way to go out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #85: Nov 19, 2009 12:27:14 pm
      "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sportfive."

Can't see it now but it sounds like a shocker.  Bad luck Ireland.  Awful way to go out.

I've changed the video in my earlier post to one that works, if you want to see it, though Youtube seem to be deleting them one by one so I don't know how long it will work.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #86: Nov 19, 2009 12:34:01 pm
      I've changed the video in my earlier post to one that works, if you want to see it, though Youtube seem to be deleting them one by one so I don't know how long it will work.

Cheers aryton!

That's dreadful.  The Irish lads must be so gutted.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Nov 19, 2009 12:57:16 pm
      Gutted is not the word thanks for yer support, Henry is a cheating c**t. I think it is one of the worst reffees decision I've seen in years there was so much wrong with the goal it was a joke. I think the real loser in this is football, it seems to be now to be the only sport you can blantanly cheat and get away with it.

I think Henry should serve a long ban but I'm not foolish I know football is no longer just about football it is about money and Fifa don't want to ban Henry because it might cost them some revenue in sponsorship if he wasn't at the World Cup.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #88: Nov 19, 2009 01:22:52 pm
      They changed the playoff rules to protect the French and Portugese and now the ref the linesmen and the 4th official all had a bout of temporary blindness this is exactly why I am going right off football. Winning at all costs is not winning at all ,sport should always have class and dignity its been embedded inour club for generations.NO doubt twatini is very pleased with the result.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #89: Nov 19, 2009 02:11:19 pm
      the ref the linesmen and the 4th official all had a bout of temporary blindness

All the stranger when you consider the Ref' saw and blew for all five 'hand-balls' that Robbie Keane committed and just when Robbie was about to own-up to them at that.  :f_tongueincheek:

sh*t way to go out. I hope common sense prevails and they get another crack at it.

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #90: Nov 19, 2009 02:44:41 pm
      They changed the playoff rules to protect the French and Portugese and now the ref the linesmen and the 4th official all had a bout of temporary blindness this is exactly why I am going right off football. Winning at all costs is not winning at all ,sport should always have class and dignity its been embedded inour club for generations.NO doubt twatini is very pleased with the result.
      Indeed teams were seeded for the group stages & to seed them again for the play-offs smacks of blatant favouritism,Platini and his cronies have far too much power and self interest to be taken seriously,no wonder football is becoming the farce it is.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #91: Nov 19, 2009 02:47:36 pm
      All the stranger when you consider the Ref' saw and blew for all five 'hand-balls' that Robbie Keane committed and just when Robbie was about to own-up to them at that.  :f_tongueincheek:

I've never seen one player handle the ball so much in one game ever.  He truly looked in disbelief everytime the ref blew the whistle. :D

The more you see the incident the more you feel ROI have been cheated.  Two offsides and a double handball from Henry...its totally unreal how the linesman or ref saw none of them!!  I'm all for another ref standing behind the goal like in the Europa League because last night was a disgrace.

Quick Reply