Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

Read 17360 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Carlos Tevez (West Ham)
      May 06, 2007 10:46:51 am
      According to the people, liverpool will launch a 12 million pound bid for him. I think that would be agreat deal on our part, he is now beginning to show why all the top clubs in europe wanted him (god knows how West ham signed him!)
      Jag
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Carlos Tevez (West Ham)
      Reply #1: May 06, 2007 01:11:43 pm
      i think if we do get him, then him and mascherano will be a great little partnership
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: May 06, 2007 01:12:04 pm
      A great player, no doubt. But is he an out and out goalscorer? That's what our team's lacked ever since Owen went, I wouldn't mind seeing Tevez here, but would much rather Villa or Eto'o.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #3: May 06, 2007 01:13:51 pm
      Tevez has impressed me alot lately but I would rather get sameul eto'o and use the rest of our budget for one or two world class wingers.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: May 06, 2007 02:46:24 pm
      Im liking the look of Tevez he would be a better option than Bellamy but would rather see david villa or fernando torees
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: May 06, 2007 06:58:33 pm
      I think we should go for him, he's exciting and makes things happen. We would still need a goal scorer though.
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #6: May 06, 2007 08:29:06 pm
      No doubt that he is a passionate player but i also feel that we need an out and out goalscorer more
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: May 06, 2007 10:19:46 pm
      Why either or? Isn't it possible to get Tevez and Eto'o/Villa?.....Tevez with either is a partnership in heaven....he's been inspirational these last few months dragging a team of muppets into potential Prem. safety....imagine what he'd be like in our team? This guy is a necessity if we want to really develop and push on.....he's got everything. Agreed we need a finisher but last time I checked we have no one who can fill the hole behind and create....remember we are LFC and how important a REAL Number 7 role is at our club (Kewell is not a number 7!)....
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #8: May 07, 2007 06:29:25 pm
      I have to say, i agree with lester76, why can we not have Tevez and villa or eto,o.
      Tevez is the way forward, he is top draw the kind of player liverpool need, good with the ball, good football brain, and hard working, and if we can get him for 12mill. bargain
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #9: May 07, 2007 07:46:54 pm
      Tevez is obvious top quality, he has proved that in a struggling team.  8)
      Many foreign imports have to easily let their heads drop when the going got tough, it's a testament to his character that he has done his level best to pull West Ham out of a hole and has made a positive impact.  :action-smiley-035:
      If he became available at the right price he could only improve the squad, quality players are always welcome at Anfield!!!  :coolup:
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2007 07:48:07 pm by fanatic dee »
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #10: May 08, 2007 01:12:14 am
      pay £12 million for him he is worth it, he is world class. Mascherano being his best mate could tempt him to come here plus the obvious spanish armada weve got going here ;D, get Darren Bent in as the proven goalscorer, might be able to get him cheapish now that Charlton are down.

and get Simao and Alves for the wings.

Tevez Definetly though
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2007 11:56:30 pm
      pay £12 million for him he is worth it, he is world class. Mascherano being his best mate could tempt him to come here plus the obvious spanish armada weve got going here ;D, get Darren Bent in as the proven goalscorer, might be able to get him cheapish now that Charlton are down.

and get Simao and Alves for the wings.

Tevez Definetly though

You know, I was actually listening to you until you said that  :D
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #12: May 10, 2007 06:40:25 am
      Darren Bent? Guys please this is LFC not charlton i personally don't want Bent we have the money for world class players now why do you want to settle for Bent
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #13: May 11, 2007 03:22:15 pm
      pparently not in our price range. Tevez's owners whoever that may be are seeking $35m for him.
      Thomas2007
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #14: May 16, 2007 08:55:39 pm
      yess that will be great, i have saw him play alot like when he scored against Man U.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #15: May 20, 2007 07:51:20 am
      Some of the reports, there saying Liverpool have nearly done the deal, but its 20mill, rising to 30mill after so many games.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: May 20, 2007 08:44:33 am
      They mentioned it on SSNews this morning, said Rafa was going to step his interest up after the Final   ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17: May 20, 2007 09:19:20 pm
      I honestly believe if we are blessed enough to get the little maestro we will  talk about Liverpool as BT and AT....as  in Before and after Tevez....he is a winner and hungry.....he is young with so much potential it is scary....we have to get him.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: May 21, 2007 10:41:09 am
      No Tevez is off to Real Madrid, you heard it here first.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2007 11:18:01 am
      It could be an interesting one this, if Liverpool do step up there interest with the kind of price tag that is being banded about for the little Arggie, it would give a very clear indication of the kind of money that that Hicks and Gillette are willing to put up.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #20: May 21, 2007 11:23:53 am
      yes i would defo go for tevez + top draw striker + top draw left winger and i can see us having a real crack at the league next season
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #21: May 21, 2007 11:35:38 am
      as i said before don't pay any attention to the supposed transfer budgets that you read about in various papers, trust me rafa will have the financial backing to sign who ever he wants - the 40/50m rubbish you read about is a smoke screen as to not let our rivals and clubs we are trying to buy these players from know the true extent of our war chest !

happy times !
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #22: May 21, 2007 11:01:35 pm
      Tevez won't be coming to Liverpool!! Do we really need him? IMO NO.Why?  Simple he is a creative striker more of a supporting striker then the center forward that we need. Don't get me wrong he is a quality striker but he just isn't your 30 goal a season man. Plus i think that Tevez and Mascherano will be always linked together because of the way they came to West Ham together and were owned by same company so they will always be linked together for a while!

Quick Reply