Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

Read 17359 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (West Ham)
      Reply #115: Jul 04, 2007 08:53:38 pm
      I have no inside information,only a gut feeling but I am convinced that Tevez is coming to us.

Rafa is rebuilding our first 11 and is quoted as saying he has the spine of our first team already in place.

He IMO is suggesting that

Reina

Carra               Agger

Masch       Alonso

Torres

Forget the flanks for a moment and we have our full backs already sortedpapart from Heinze who I would prefer over Risse.We need that target man that is Tevez and the lure will be his friendship with Masch and the majority of spanish dialect at the club.I believe that Bellamy will be the 'make weight'.

I believe that we still have the funds to invest in Tevez and once that deal is done we can speculate on whether we really do need new wingers.Kewell is virtually a new signing and Stevie plays well on the right and can always cut inside.

We should keep Crouch as he is so unique and will have a role in our rotation policy.

My only question mark is what does Voronin bring to the team.I have never seen him play so cannot comment.

Where do you see Voronin fit in????????

Before the moans start,yes this is a Tevez thread but I am interested in your opinion.

Cheers

;D

Xabi1309 and LFC For Me - I'd be very very surprised if we bought Tevez - why? - We now don't need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've just signed Torres.  We have Kuyt (whom people keep forgetting about), Crouch and Voronin - that's 4 strickers - that's all we need.

LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #116: Jul 04, 2007 08:59:15 pm
      Im not sure Kuty, Crouch or Veronin who have saved west Ham from the drop like that.  Hes a class act and with the very top clubs after him Id say thats a race we should be running in.  Theres strikers and then theres top class strikers. and I think hes top class.  Kuyts too slow for me and crouch although I like him, missed some sitters last season with his head and feet.  Title winners stick them away, hats the difference between them and us unfortunately. just my opinion though.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #117: Jul 04, 2007 09:01:52 pm
      Im not sure Kuty, Crouch or Veronin who have saved west Ham from the drop like that.  Hes a class act and with the very top clubs after him Id say thats a race we should be running in.  Theres strikers and then theres top class strikers. and I think hes top class.  Kuyts too slow for me and crouch although I like him, missed some sitters last season with his head and feet.  Title winners stick them away, hats the difference between them and us unfortunately. just my opinion though.

I'll probably get a slapped wrist for this...but:

LFC FOR ME YOUR OPINION SUCKS!
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #118: Jul 04, 2007 09:18:14 pm
      bad spelling sorry, was in a rush. apologies
      No slapped wrists from me anyway, Thats your opinion and its respected. Im just surprised that theres people out there that wouldnt have Tezez.  Maybe your right though, we should let him go to Man Utd or chelsea and settle for third again.  Crouch and Kuyt havent fired us to the title as of yet, and yes it was kuyts first season but even from that you can see his lack of pace is alarming and Crouch was guilty of missing sitters with his head and feet.  I think weve become a little to complacent with finishing in the top three but not top of that three.  We havent got a drogba type player who bangs them away most of the time and Torres isnt that man, hes a great goal maker and the OPTA player statistics show this.  So whos going to score the goals? lets spend big for once and beat all the big teams to sign a big name, a real goal threat or we'l play some lovely build up play as usual but draw with the likes of sheffield utd and lose to the likes of west ham again.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #119: Jul 05, 2007 10:33:08 am
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #120: Jul 05, 2007 12:23:42 pm

Scum, they'll have the ugliest team in the world! Oh wait, they already do :laugh:
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #121: Jul 05, 2007 03:30:15 pm
      It's like 1 step forward (Torres) and then two steps back (Tevez to Mancs)!

I hope this doesn't happen...I think it would make them untouchable to be honest!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #122: Jul 05, 2007 04:15:34 pm
      I don't see the point in Tevez going to Man Ure, he's very similar to Rooney. I think it would be a mistake for the Lad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #123: Jul 05, 2007 04:37:54 pm
      I don't see the point in Tevez going to Man Ure, he's very similar to Rooney. I think it would be a mistake for the Lad.

Agree CH. I was just saying the same thing to my brother last night(he's a Utd fan?!). They are very similar players and I don't see how they can complement each other. Although if he does sign it could very well push Rooney out of the team!
      kopite4lyf
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #124: Jul 05, 2007 04:44:08 pm
      I think if we do get him, then him and mascherano will be a great little partnership
      has mascherano signed permanent yet
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #125: Jul 05, 2007 07:25:01 pm
      really concerned that tevez could join united...they really are assembling a quality team though it pains me to say it....rooney, tevez. ronaldo. nani, scholes, giggs...thats pretty awesome....why is it that we continually only half arse it in the transfer market? Torres is great but he needs a quality partner. Kuyt and crouchie are good players but hardly likely to give opposition defences the runs like a tevez and rooney combination...we can't let tevez get away....would be the biggest mistake of the season.
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #126: Jul 05, 2007 08:41:34 pm
      Agree with Lesters comments 100%
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #127: Jul 05, 2007 10:37:28 pm
      We need Tevez desperately. I hope the talking is only by Jaboorichan or whatever his name is as Tevez was quoted as saying he didn't want to discuss his future until the current tournament was over. Its possible the move won't take place due to Prem regulations anyway, third parties and all that.  If this geezer is still involved with Tevez as anything more than a registered agent, West Ham could still feel the backlash and be relegated.
      Not sure about Mascherano's contract, would hope thats sewn up already. That may encourage Tevez to join us. If not and the manks do get Tevez, Mascherano may join him there.  What a disaster that would be but as said earlier, why the fukc does it take so long for us to get our targets compared to the other top teams. Most of our early targets seem to be signed up with other clubs now. Or mabey they weren't serious targets anyway, just media gossip. Who knows, I just know i'm so pissed off with how we seem to drag our feet.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #128: Jul 06, 2007 04:05:07 pm
      Reports on SSN that Tevez is having a medical in South America and will Join Man Ure on a 2 year Loan and will sign for another 3 years if he is successful!!!! Jammy bas**rds!!!!! A 2 year Loan! If he does the business all well and good if he doesn't they wave bye bye!! Jammy bas**rds!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #129: Jul 06, 2007 11:24:03 pm
      Lost him then, where next ?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #130: Jul 06, 2007 11:35:15 pm
      Lester totally and utterley agree with you.  If tevez can click in that team lets forget about the title for a good few years.  Some how we have to block this deal.  Big nose has been out of action in the transfer market but when given the opportunity he's gone big style.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #131: Jul 08, 2007 06:25:54 pm
      I have scanned these pages (very quickly), and can't see the conspiratoy theory that for me was SCREAMING out on the last day of the season! Funny how WHU need a win on the last day of the season to stay up, they got it, Trevez scored it, against the EPL champions (Scum), a team who are very difficult to beat let alone at home, and low and behold who are on the verge of signing him.....but the scum!

So we and the rest did not have a chance in signing him IMO

Any thoughts any one?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #132: Jul 08, 2007 11:35:39 pm
      I have scanned these pages (very quickly), and can't see the conspiratoy theory that for me was SCREAMING out on the last day of the season! Funny how WHU need a win on the last day of the season to stay up, they got it, Trevez scored it, against the EPL champions (Scum), a team who are very difficult to beat let alone at home, and low and behold who are on the verge of signing him.....but the scum!

So we and the rest did not have a chance in signing him IMO

Any thoughts any one?

An interesting theory, and the fact that Utd had the title sewn up before the final day only adds fuel to the fire. You never know it is a possibility, and unlike a cash bung it would be near on impossible to prove. The only problem is To fix the game you'd have to involve the whole team, and I can't see Ferguson taking the risk of someone leaving on bad terms & blowing the whistle on him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #133: Jul 08, 2007 11:53:09 pm
      Lester totally and utterley agree with you.  If tevez can click in that team lets forget about the title for a good few years.  Some how we have to block this deal.  Big nose has been out of action in the transfer market but when given the opportunity he's gone big style.

King Kenny in regards to 'somehow blocking the deal'....we might not have to do anything at all if this article I found has any truth in it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=466968&in_page_id=1771&ICO=SPORT&ICL=TOPART

Manchester United's bid to sign Carlos Tevez from West Ham is in danger of collapsing under the weight of legal action surrounding the controversial deal.

Premier League chiefs Richard Scudamore and Sir Dave Richards face having to defend the League's rules in court if they try to prevent Anglo-Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian claiming a huge pay-out from Tevez's proposed move to Old Trafford.

Sheffield United are watching developments closely to see if the row could assist their bid to be compensated for relegation from the Premiership, or even give new impetus to their apparently failed bid to be restored to the top flight.

The whole messy saga could drag on for months as Joorabchian contests West Ham's right to tear up the notorious agreement which gave his companies, Media Sports Investments and Just Sport Inc, the power to transfer Tevez at a time of their choosing with only £100,000 going to the club.

The Premier League insist that West Ham must keep the market rate of any loan or transfer fee or they will be guilty of breaching the same rule on thirdparty interference which resulted in their record £5.5 million fine. But that hardline stance also puts the League in the legal firing line.

The alternative to court action would be an embarrassing U-turn which would again call into question whether Tevez should have been allowed to play in the final three games of West Ham's season. This would give Sheffield United fresh hope of overturning their relegation or at least being well compensated for it.

Whatever happens, Tevez will not be able to join Manchester United without the Premier League approving every aspect of the deal and a League spokesman said last night: "We support West Ham in asserting their rights over the player."

Tevez's contract with West Ham runs until 2010 and as owners of his registration, it is with the east London club, not Joorabchian, that Manchester United must negotiate.

Joorabchian, however, maintains that his "economic rights" over Tevez, as detailed in the third-party agreement, must be respected. He believes West Ham are under undue pressure from the Premier League to oppose him for fear of receiving the points deduction many observers thought they deserved for the original offence.

If the affair does reach court, as some expect, it remains to be seen whether Manchester United will maintain their interest in Tevez.

A United spokesman said last night: "We are satisfied we have the authority to speak to the player and are pleased to have concluded an agreement on personal terms. We wait to see how the matter is resolved by other parties."

United want to strike a deal for Tevez similar to the one in which his fellow Argentinian Javier Mascherano left Upton Park for Liverpool in January.

Liverpool agreed an 18-month, £1.5m per- year loan deal direct with the Joorabchian-controlled companies after West Ham agreed to release Mascherano's registration.

It was that move which uncovered the rule breaches which led to the £5.5m fine and which now make it impossible for West Ham to do the same sort of deal with Tevez.

The Premier League gave West Ham three choices if they wanted Tevez to continue playing for them after they were found guilty of breaching Rule U18 and deceiving the League: renegotiate with Joorabchian; release Tevez's registration as they had Mascherano's; terminate the thirdparty agreement.

It is because West Ham chose the latter, and agreed that the Premier League had the right to scrutinise all aspects of any future Tevez transfer before sanctioning a deal, that they now find themselves in such a difficult position. In theory, they could agree a loan or transfer fee with United and then make a separate deal with Joorabchian to split the proceeds. But this would have to meet the League's demands that they keep the sort of sum a club might expect for a player of Tevez's reputation, who wants to move on only one year into a four-year deal.

But Joorabchian invested millions in taking Tevez from Boca Juniors to Brazilian club Corinthians, then to Europe, so is highly unlikely to accept anything less than a handsome return.

The Premier League insist FIFA are wrong to allow individuals or companies other than clubs to own all or part of players.

The League believe their Rule 18 is unique in world football and demonstrates their determination to make it as difficult as possible for impresarios such as Joorabchian to make such investments pay. Some, however, believe Rule 18 should be interpreted as banning third-party influence only in relation to team selection, not to player ownership and transfers.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #134: Jul 09, 2007 01:14:30 am
      well hope that all this can stop the deal.  I doubt it as scum are not the guilty party its WH and this whole deal is dodgy and will sooner or later become too apparent.  Tevez will leave but if only he can stay at WH for another season then it may attract some more serious interest from clubs abroad.  I mean a 2 yr loan that is unbeliveable opportunity for the scum.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #135: Jul 09, 2007 02:05:12 am
      you're not wrong king kenny, how come our movers and shakers couldn't organize something like tha?.... 2 year loan...what a crock of sh*t.??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #136: Aug 02, 2007 11:55:38 pm
      Well, deep down, we all knew it was coming. Come Friday, i'm sure we'll all discover a severe dislike to Tevez..... ::)

Topic nearly locked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6922733.stm

West Ham set to agree Tevez deal 

West Ham and Carlos Tevez's advisers will confirm on Friday that they have reached an agreement over the striker's registration, BBC Sport understands.
      With the threat of High Court action on 22 August hanging over negotiations, talks have been ongoing this week.

Tevez's advisers and West Ham have agreed to around £2m of compensation.

The Premier League are expected to ratify the deal on Friday morning, leaving Tevez free to join Manchester United at the weekend.

That is when Tevez will return from a holiday, in time to finalise a two-year loan move to Old Trafford on a salary of £4.5m a year.

Manchester United will then have an option to buy Tevez on a three-year contract for £30m.

Tevez's switch to United had stalled over who will be paid the transfer fee.

The Premier League and West Ham say the Hammers should receive the fee but Kia Joorabchian's companies MSI and Just Sports Inc claim they own the striker's economic rights.

BBC Five Live's Nigel Adderley said: "West Ham need to reach a settlement which proves to the Premier League they are the significant beneficiaries of any transfer involving Tevez."

Tevez, meanwhile, has said he expects to join United, adding: "To play for a super-club like Manchester United without any pre-season work behind me is going to be a real handicap."

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #137: Aug 03, 2007 10:06:27 am
      Tevez, meanwhile, has said he expects to join United, adding: "To play for a super-club like Manchester United without any pre-season work behind me is going to be a real handicap."

Getting his excuses in early then I see.

TBH skillful as I think he is I've always had a lingering doubt in my mind about him. He only seemed to bother to turn it on when he realised he was in the shop window, in the first half of last season he didn't really seem to try. I would've still loved to have had him on a loan deal though, as we could just say no thanks if it didn't work out.

Quick Reply