Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

Read 17358 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Carlos Tevez (West Ham)
      Reply #23: May 21, 2007 11:49:12 pm
      Tevez won't be coming to Liverpool!! Do we really need him? IMO NO.Why?  Simple he is a creative striker more of a supporting striker then the center forward that we need. Don't get me wrong he is a quality striker but he just isn't your 30 goal a season man. Plus I think that Tevez and Mascherano will be always linked together because of the way they came to West Ham together and were owned by same company so they will always be linked together for a while!

As you say, he is creative striker. IMO one of the things we have been missing this season is creativity. We've been brilliant at beating teams that come to beat us, but have struggled against teams that put 10 men behind the ball. Hopefully with Garcia and (if he can stay fit) Kewell back next season we should be some way towards solving that problem, possibly with a creative winger coming in too. TBH Tevez wouldn't be my first choice, but to say we don't need him cos he's a creative player is ridiculous.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #24: May 22, 2007 10:58:50 am
      There are 2 things that at times our team just does not have and they are creativity and goals, now Tevez is the closest thing I have seen us linked with to a propper LFC number 7 since Peter Beardsley used to pull the red on, he can tuck in just behind the striker like Rooney does and run riot, if we can then get a world class finisher as well then we are in business.

I like a lot of others wandered about Tevez and the need for him but his flair and creativity up front is something that any title winning Liverpool team needs !
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #25: May 22, 2007 12:33:37 pm
      I agree with hound.  Would love to see Tevez in that role and i think he'd be a real fan favourite.  With Chelsea and Madrid seemingly interested, this could be a real indication of the strength of the American chequebook.  Tevez and a real goalscorer up top would be a very exciting prospect indeed for next year.  I rarely feel this with foreign players at other clubs but he just seems to be a Liverpool type to me and he would just love it at Anfield.  I really hope we sign him.
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #26: May 22, 2007 04:01:05 pm
      Don't get me wrong people he is a great player and will add that something different to our squad or the key to unlock some stubborn defenses. sorry if i didn't make this clear eddiec i just think with the money we have i would rather get an out and out goalscorer then a player like tevez but if we have enough money for both then great i just think realistically Rafa will go for a goalscorer or poacher such as Eto, Villa, Torres. Yes Tevez would be a good addition to our squad, will it happen? No i really don't think it will, he will most likely go to spain or italy. Plus if it is the money being talked about for Tevez (some our saying as much as 30 million!!) then sorry there is no way on earth i would pay that  for him!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #27: May 22, 2007 10:51:53 pm
      Maybe just maybe Tevez will want to join us with his mate Mascherano. He must be aware of what his mate is experiencing. Something he wouldn't get at any other club. Then the price could come down. A player only cost what he costs when the deal is done. If Real offer 60 m for Tevez it's not worth a quid if he doesn't want to go there. If he makes up his mind where he wants to go, The Reds, the the price is negotiated from there. We could get a good deal with them both signing long term, we then might have a bit left for Eto.  Someone better let the boss know.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #28: May 23, 2007 09:52:09 pm
      With seven goals in the last ten games for West Ham, it is proven that he has the class to be an out-and-out goalscorer.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #29: May 24, 2007 10:23:47 pm
      I think he'd be a great addition to the team.  He has that something extra to offer in the final third.  Maybe a neat layoff that doesn't go astray.  Does anyone remember seeing the cushioned chested pass to Noble who scored on the volley (can't remember the team they were playing, but it was quality from Tevez...
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #30: May 26, 2007 10:36:54 pm
      I think he'd be a great addition to the team.  He has that something extra to offer in the final third.  Maybe a neat layoff that doesn't go astray.  Does anyone remember seeing the cushioned chested pass to Noble who scored on the volley (can't remember the team they were playing, but it was quality from Tevez...

It was in the spurs game and that was quality bit of play!!
      kopqueentash
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      • Liverpool FC till i die!!!!
      Reply #31: May 26, 2007 10:48:00 pm
      personally i would like to see a bit of rough at liverpoo.. thats what we need. a bully and a goal scorer!! :)
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #32: May 27, 2007 05:09:26 pm
      alonso  mascherano  momo 
      we've got a lot of midfilder
      how can Rafa manage them if we have all of them
      then where will tevez in?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: May 27, 2007 09:26:10 pm
      alonso  mascherano  momo 
      we've got a lot of midfilder
      how can Rafa manage them if we have all of them
      then where will tevez in?

??? ??? ???

He'll fit in upfront, as that's where he plays.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #34: May 28, 2007 12:57:30 pm
      ??? ??? ???

He'll fit in upfront, as that's where he plays.

Haha nice!  8)

I would like to see us sign Tevez, and as mentioned earlier, it will be a show of strength by the new owners! Along with him, bring in Torres! THe creativity and the clinical finishes between them will help us out good'o!  ;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: May 30, 2007 04:40:23 am
      God I love it when Eddie C is a lippy smart arse!!!! Been a little down since the final and been working a ton but looking forward to posting some more really soon....want to piss off eddieC....love it when you get all angry!!!
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #36: May 30, 2007 12:15:11 pm
      i dont think we should get bent. i would like tevez at liverpool, to link him up with mascherano again. i think we should then get either torres/eto/villa to link up with tevez upfront
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: May 31, 2007 10:56:50 am
      I dont think we should get bent. I would like tevez at liverpool, to link him up with mascherano again. I think we should then get either torres/eto/villa to link up with tevez upfront

I don't think we should get bent either. Who told us to get bent? If you can find out I'll get JD to ban them, I'm not having anyone tell us to get bent  ;D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #38: May 31, 2007 02:29:52 pm
      I don't think we should get bent either. Who told us to get bent? If you can find out I'll get JD to ban them, I'm not having anyone tell us to get bent  ;D
      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I don't think we should sign darren bent.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2007 02:33:00 pm by Bpatel »
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #39: May 31, 2007 04:07:03 pm
      i agree with popular thread that we should signTevez aswell as either E'eto or Villa, i personally prefer to sign E'eto, i think he's more of a goalscorer than Villa or Torres.  Florent Malouda is being touted as the player we'll sign to strengthen are left side, i dont watch much of Lyon or France to know if he's a world-class, top quality player which is what we need to be signing this summer
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 01, 2007 08:40:34 am
      I heard that Tevez is signing for a Transylvanian club.....which will account for the bite marks on neck .
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #41: Jun 01, 2007 09:26:15 am
      good buy but would not pay anything like 30 mill,  sorry but not after just half a season in the prem........
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #42: Jun 07, 2007 08:45:00 pm
      Tonights Echo says that West Ham are keen on taking Bellamy, well there's a bargaining tool if ever there was one! Give them Bellamy and a few bob and Carlos gets to play along side his mate Mascherano again!  ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Jun 08, 2007 10:27:39 am
      Tonights Echo says that West Ham are keen on taking Bellamy, well there's a bargaining tool if ever there was one! Give them Bellamy and a few bob and Carlos gets to play along side his mate Mascherano again!  ;)

Doesn't MSI still own Tevez? If they do then a swap deal would be out of the question.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #44: Jun 08, 2007 12:49:25 pm
      I honestly haven't got a clue who owns him  EddieC! I saw an interview with Curbishly yesterday, where sky tried to promt him into commenting on Tevez's future and he said "your asking me to comment on something that I can't because I'm not in the loop!". So the Irons aren't giving much away! Does any one actually know the official line on Tevez? Has it ever been made pubic? If so please tell!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #45: Jun 08, 2007 01:34:33 pm
      I honestly haven't got a clue who owns him  EddieC! I saw an interview with Curbishly yesterday, where sky tried to promt him into commenting on Tevez's future and he said "your asking me to comment on something that I can't because I'm not in the loop!". So the Irons aren't giving much away! Does any one actually know the official line on Tevez? Has it ever been made pubic? If so please tell!

As far as I was aware, MSI still own him, but the agreement they had stating that they could choose when he played had to be ripped up as it breached Premier League rules.

Quick Reply