Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

Read 17362 times
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Re: Carlos Tevez (West Ham)
      Reply #92: Jun 29, 2007 11:57:24 am
      The penny has dropped was ment for me.. you know what it's like when you look at a player and what sort of mould he is in. thats all.... :)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #93: Jun 29, 2007 12:02:29 pm
      We've had a lot of class players come to Liverpool and English clubs and not settled. Tevez looked devastating for the Irons that when my opinion changed. Diouf was probably the best player in the 2002 world cup and We also brought Phil Babb on the back of a good world cup for the lad and we know how good those two turned out for us. Thats why I will always be skeptical of players performances in World cups.

The penny has dropped was ment for me.. you know what it's like when you look at a player and what sort of mould he is in. thats all.... :)

No worries Rhys.a.red, the best example and the one I didn't want to use is the impact Eric Cantana had when he moved to Man Ure. Signing this lad could be that big for us.
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2007 12:06:12 pm by Crazy Horse »
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #94: Jun 29, 2007 01:28:41 pm
      Tevez is clearly sending out a come and get me message to the 'big 4' premiership clubs. 

Having masch and so many other spanish speaking players must swing the odds in our favour. 

Can't afford to stall on this one, need to start negotiating now!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2007 02:18:03 pm by JD »
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #95: Jun 29, 2007 08:56:36 pm
      And another piece from SSN...

Clicky

Tevez's agent has stated that Tevez will not discuss his future untill after the Copa America... More time for Masch to convince him then! ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #96: Jun 29, 2007 10:06:17 pm
      He states he loves the Prem, and wants to remain in England.
      All well and good, but let's look at his realistic options.

Liverpool
      Man.Utd
      Chelsea
      Arsenal

My opinion.

OK,
      Liverpool - we need a striker, we've got funds and Mascherano.  But - if we get Torres, will we have the funds / need for Tevez (be realistic, not Chav style)
      Moan Urinals - In the market for a striker.  But - will be priced out as they've spent £53m already
      Chelsea - Depends on Schevckenko, London vicinity.  But - have the funds dried out ?
      Arsenal - London vicinity, need a striker, have money from Henry sale.  But - club in chaos, Wenger's future uncertain.

I would have to say, if Tevez were to stay in the Prem. Arsenal would be the most probable destination. I think he could be the player to reignite there team and would help in the loss of the irreplaceable Henry. They do have money to spend on a striker. Also, he may be settled in London.

If he decides Arsenal are not the team for him, then maybe, funds providing, Liverpool could / would be his favoured destination. Having a mate in Masch, you just never know of how much of a part Masch could play in bringing Tevez to Liverpool. He knows how desperate we are for an out & out goalscorer, and maybe we are the challenge he needs. Also, Bellamy could be used as bait in the transfer.  But, I would say that we DO NOT have unlimited supplies of money, and the money that could bring in Tevez, could already be spent elsewhere already.

Chelsea & Moan Urinals - probably do not have the funds to bring him in, yet have a place for him in there team.

That's my opinions, but he may decide that his future is abroad.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #97: Jun 30, 2007 09:16:22 am
      Remember.....touch the picture!!!!
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #98: Jun 30, 2007 10:30:41 am
      great addition to the squad works his pants off which F**k head Bellamy doesn't do..

no one is getting Tevez for 12 mill and i would be prepared to bet my house on it. 

NO ONE IS GETTING TEVEZ FOR AS LITTLE AS 12 MILL AND THAT IS THE END OF IT.

When you look at him as  a plyare he is worth about 22 mill no more. but image to top half of the pitch looking like this ?

Torres, Tevez,

Mancini, Gerrard, Mascherano, Simao.
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #99: Jun 30, 2007 10:35:07 am
                               Torres, Tevez,

*drools* Damn, that'd be amazing - Doubt we can afford all four of them though :(
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #100: Jun 30, 2007 10:43:11 am
      great addition to the squad works his pants off which fu*k head Bellamy doesn't do..

no one is getting Tevez for 12 mill and I would be prepared to bet my house on it. 

NO ONE IS GETTING TEVEZ FOR AS LITTLE AS 12 MILL AND THAT IS THE END OF IT.

When you look at him as  a plyare he is worth about 22 mill no more. but image to top half of the pitch looking like this ?

Torres, Tevez,

We all know he's not going for £12m, so stop being so aggressive with it.
      If he is going, it'll be a figure around £22m - £25m.
      But I agree with the look of the front 2.
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #101: Jun 30, 2007 10:48:51 am
      I agree with the earlier comments about man utd that they probably couldnt afford tevez now that theyve spent on nani, anderson and hargreaves but i do think that if chelsea fancy him then money really isnt a problem.  I admit that they seem quiet in the market now but theyve got the funds if they really wanted the deal.  As far as LFC's chances of getting him, id say theyre pretty good.  27 milion for Torres goes along way to proving that the yanks are going to back us in the market and with Mascherano already at LFC and Heinze a possibility maybe Tevez will look in our direction favourably.  12 million might not be what they want for him but alot of it will come down to wether he wants to be at west Ham next season.  I doubt he fancies another relegation battle and from the players theyve bought i think thats what they'l be doing next season.  If we can hurry up and get Torres out of the limelight and signed up we might start getting a few insights into who are next targets are. Remember that if we get 6 million for bellamy and 8 million for cisse we will have recouped 14 million back of the torress deal already.
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #102: Jun 30, 2007 12:32:51 pm
      who bought bellamy?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #103: Jun 30, 2007 12:39:51 pm
      No-ones bought Bellamy yet mate!
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #104: Jun 30, 2007 05:54:10 pm
      No-ones bought bellamy yet but under the heading 'transfer speculation' it seems ok to mention him as a fund that may help ease the financial burden of buying torres and hopefully tevez.  Hes cut his price from 12 million to 6 million according to sky sports today so id say hes going.  Bad news is on ss today tevez was qouted as syaing that he wants to play for real madrid and he was almost asking them to offer for him. Gutted if we dont even try and get him.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #105: Jun 30, 2007 06:40:16 pm
        lets hope that mascherano  convince him to play for us,  if we have enough cash to secure him ...he got used to the premiere now and with all respect he was good with west ham, imagine  what he can do with the liverpool midfield supporting him
      redmatt82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #106: Jul 01, 2007 12:08:32 am
      I like Tevez and think he is a top player with pasion for the game, I think he would play well alongside Torres (if we sigh him) could be a quality partnership, and he did get a lot of goals in the latter stages of last seaon once he had adjusted to the premier league, Im also an Oxford United fan, my dream is for Liverpool to win the prem and Oxford to win promotion back to the football league.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #107: Jul 01, 2007 12:17:25 am
      Tevez was always going to be second choice for me behind Eto. Now the Torres deal looks done, Tevez would be a great buy to play along side the guile of Torres.  He has after all proved himself in the prem with the irons. I personally think he will want to savour a bit of what Mascherano got last season with us. Bl;oody well hope so, fantastic front line, could be 20 goals a season x 2. 
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #108: Jul 01, 2007 10:27:18 am
      yh tevev with the runs and torres bangin them in what a pair  but still thinketo and tevez would be better
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #109: Jul 01, 2007 11:07:02 am
      yh tevev with the runs and torres bangin them in what a pair  but still thinketo and tevez would be better

Torres won't be the one banging them in mate, unless he changes his scoring ratio which has been consistently poor throughout his career. If anything Torres would be the one making the runs as he is a very skillful dribbler, and Tevez would be much more likely to be 'banging them in'

I'm really starting to get wound up with these comments about Torres 'banging them in' or about how prolific he is. He isn't, never has been, and that's not what he's being brought here for. He's a very skillful player who can unlock defences when they put 10 men behind the ball, something we suffered with last season. I can understand Rafa's thinking behind the signing, but personally feel that for £27m we should be getting a player that can do that AND score for fun.

I've had disagreements with people in his thread about whether Torres is the player we need, but even everyone who's disagreed with me (the one's who've posted more than one line anyway) have agreed that his goalscoring ability isn't the reason we need him. I seriously wonder if the posters making comments about him being prolific have ever seen him play.

Anyway, this is a Tevez thread, so back on topic. I think Tevez is a player in a similar mould to Torres, if not identical, but with more end product. Given the choice between the two of them (I think it's unrealistic that we'll sign both, for tactical & financial reasons) I'd go for Tevez every time. He does seem to be sending conflicting messages though, one minute saying his heart's in the Prem, the next issuing a 'come & get me' plea to Real Madrid.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2007 11:10:19 am by EddieC »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #110: Jul 01, 2007 10:36:51 pm
      He may have turned down a move to Inter but it's not to do with the Premiership.  He'd 'love' to go to Real Madrid apparently.

From Spanish daily El Mundo...

Apologies for the Google translation but you get the gist (my Spanish isn't good enough for me to translate yet... edu??)

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2007/06/30/futbol/1183201894.html

MADRID. - Carlos Tévez, Argentine player who militates in the West Ham, concentrated now with his selection in the America Glass, thence denied his preference by the Inter of Milan and confessed that it would like to play in Real Madrid.

Tévez is let want by the white equipment. Not in vain, it commented: “I do not prefer to go to the Inter of Milan. It is lie. That did not leave my mouth. It is not truth, because I do not have anything signed with the Inter nor with anybody. I am waiting for supplies and seeing which is the best one for me”, it said in an interview Point Radio.

In addition, it wanted to make his predisposition clear to dress the t-shirt Real Madrid, when assuring: “I would like to play with Real Madrid. Clear that I would like”, but it needed to not know any type of white supply: “There is supply of Real no Madrid. From the Real one nothing still arrived to me”.

“I do not know that I will do the next season”, it indicated the player Argentine, words with which demonstrated that its future still is in the air.

After its goal before the United States in the America Glass that is disputed in Venezuela, the ram of the West Ham showed its optimism facing continuing writing down goals and to demand therefore the interest of Real Madrid: “Hopefully it continues putting goals and it arrives that supply. One always tries to be well to grow like soccer player”.

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #111: Jul 02, 2007 12:38:25 am
      how about tevez on a season long loan
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #112: Jul 02, 2007 02:34:46 am
      i dont think west ham would send their star asset on a season loan deal...because whats in it for west ham???..if anything they would sell tevez dont you think.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #113: Jul 04, 2007 08:38:01 pm

I have no inside information,only a gut feeling but I am convinced that Tevez is coming to us.

Rafa is rebuilding our first 11 and is quoted as saying he has the spine of our first team already in place.

He IMO is suggesting that

Reina

Carra               Agger

Masch       Alonso

Torres

Forget the flanks for a moment and we have our full backs already sortedpapart from Heinze who I would prefer over Risse.We need that target man that is Tevez and the lure will be his friendship with Masch and the majority of spanish dialect at the club.I believe that Bellamy will be the 'make weight'.

I believe that we still have the funds to invest in Tevez and once that deal is done we can speculate on whether we really do need new wingers.Kewell is virtually a new signing and Stevie plays well on the right and can always cut inside.

We should keep Crouch as he is so unique and will have a role in our rotation policy.

My only question mark is what does Voronin bring to the team.I have never seen him play so cannot comment.

Where do you see Voronin fit in????????

Before the moans start,yes this is a Tevez thread but I am interested in your opinion.

Cheers

;D
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #114: Jul 04, 2007 08:45:43 pm
      At the risk of being jumped on from a very great height id guide you over to 'you tube' and type in veronin.  His best moments are on there and he looks dcent enough.  Cant see Rafa throwing any of his rebuilding  money away without good cause so im quitely confident about him.  Take a look and let me know what you think. 

As for Tevez, in my opinion if we do sign him I think its the biggest statement of intent to all the other teams in the premiership and europe that were ready to launch an assault on all fronts.  Great player and can only get better at his age.

Quick Reply