Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Who hates their job?

Read 5220 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Who hates their job?
      Reply #23: Nov 17, 2009 01:48:18 pm
      So you have a garage in your home RLB? And you go down and carry those tools, roll under a car in the trolley and repair it? And then come out of from the underneath of the car face all black with dust.

'Cos that's what I imagine you're doing everyday!

No Rof I have an Industrial Unit, I do not do Mechanical work if I can help it just lightly damaged vehicles, I replace a few Panels maybe a wing or two couple of headlights bonnet etc, Respray them , MOT them and Tax them then back on the road & sold for a profit at a fraction of the price it would have cost for a similar car that's never been damaged. I also sell 5 or 6 a week that I do not repair as I buy in bulk so I get the cars cheaper and the profit I make on the damaged ones makes the ones I repair even cheaper maximising my profit.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #24: Nov 17, 2009 01:52:30 pm
      No Rof I have an Industrial Unit, I do not do Mechanical work if I can help it just lightly damaged vehicles, I replace a few Panels maybe a wing or two couple of headlights bonnet etc, Respray them , MOT them and Tax them then back on the road & sold for a profit at a fraction of the price it would have cost for a similar car that's never been damaged. I also sell 5 or 6 a week that I do not repair as I buy in bulk so I get the cars cheaper and the profit I make on the damaged ones makes the ones I repair even cheaper maximising my profit.

Sounds alright that made up for you that.

Just out of wonder, how much buck do you make per month?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Nov 17, 2009 01:55:11 pm
      depends how hard I work I can earn up to 3k a month if I work non stop, how ever I'm happy enough doing what I do averaging around 1.5 to 1.8 k working at my own leisure.

Edit: i've just this second bought this car ROF, Cost me £750.00 is only 4 years old, will cost me around £300.00 to repair in parts and will sell for between 2k & 2.5k

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2009 02:11:09 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #26: Nov 17, 2009 03:13:35 pm
      depends how hard I work I can earn up to 3k a month if I work non stop, how ever I'm happy enough doing what I do averaging around 1.5 to 1.8 k working at my own leisure.

Edit: i've just this second bought this car ROF, Cost me £750.00 is only 4 years old, will cost me around £300.00 to repair in parts and will sell for between 2k & 2.5k

Looks like a fair old knock Daz- what if the chassis is damaged could you sort it? I'd have thought you'd probably make sure there was no chassis damage cos it's more trouble than it's worth innit mate.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #27: Nov 17, 2009 03:15:12 pm
      Looks like cars in UK are cheap.

Buying cars in Singapore is the biggest waste of money, trust me. It's even worse than buying an apartment. Apartment costs are driving it's way up due to high demand and small area of land, and the Government's push for 6.5 million population, and the population is currently at 4.8 million.

In Singapore there's this system in place known as the VQS, Vehicle Quota System. In VQS, you've gotta bid for something known as a COE, Certificate of Entitlement. If you are successful in the bidding then you get the right to buy a car. Only a certain number of COEs are issued each year. Sometimes the bidding gets so intense, that the resultant price for a piece of paper is more than the price of a car :D.

And part of that there's also ERPs everywhere in Singapore, known as Electronic Road Pricing, you've gotta have your credit card in your card reader in the car when you pass it. It's like a gantry and it will automatically deduct money from your card as costs for travelling on the road. Usually there's ERPs on every single road so wherever you go you've gotta ensure that your card is in the card reader :D and then when you travel to work etc you can get like $10 deducted.

So all in all it's all due to the Government's effort to ensure the traffic remains smooth on Singapore roads. Partly by encouraging public transport and making cars too overpriced.

If I'm not mistaken me dad bought a Toyota Camry for about 90k SGD. About 40k pounds that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #28: Nov 17, 2009 03:31:28 pm
      Really shocked to read your post Ayrton I was always under the impression that it was all spot on in Oz with the working conditions and stuff like that to be honest I thought those conditions only existed here and in third world countries.

Or France even?

Agreed, on that my girl works for the NHS in Cardiff, and has been bludgeoned with empty promises, the latest being that if she passes here Biomedical Science degree she is guaranteed a grade 6 job. Hmmmm, we'll see.

Sounds like she is heading in to the job I walked out on last year.  Get ready to wave goodbye to Christmas for the next 40 odd years.

I f***in hate being my own boss!Every hour god sends i work,i dont spend enough time with my two little boys and the pressure is never left after i close doors it always comes home with me and i sometimes take it out on the wife,people see the glamour side of being your own boss but the buck stops with you and you alone are responsible for all the key decisions get them wrong in my game which retail and you are truelly fu**ed,would just love to switch off after working hours but its bloody hard,looking at the long term i may call it a day after the new year,shame.

I'll agree with part of that. Switching off is much harder.  But I think if I went back to my old job I wouldn't see out the morning, plus there probably would have been some casualties.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #29: Nov 17, 2009 03:53:00 pm
      The only reason why I open the doors is to pay of my arrears and im off! my part time lad who does 13 hrs per week is much better off than me and im suppose to be the big earner,he told me last week what he pays in rent to the council and my jaw hit the floor and im still recovering.His rent is 70 pence a week thats right folks 70 pence a week,I want a part time job,not a part time life.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Nov 17, 2009 03:58:32 pm
      I severely hate my job. It's lonely, thankless and mind numbingly depressing. The money is sh*te and the people who we're contracted to are a disgrace.

MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Nov 17, 2009 05:07:59 pm
      Thankyou very much for your good wishes to my Hubby, I have passed them on to him, he's actually looking forward to doing all the things he's been meaning to do but never had the chance.

I suppose he's in the fortunate position that he's coming to the end of his working career, we have more or less paid off our mortgage, so it won't be the end of the world if he left, he's pretty handy at doing anything DIY so I may get my new kitchen yet.

I feel for all you young ones who hate their jobs, there's no easy answer really is there? They have you over a barrel  >:(

Ayrton.....I really do feel for you, that sounds like hell every day.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #32: Nov 17, 2009 06:43:01 pm
      Used to love my job but now due to the recession and  little fuckwits coming from uni straight onto site and not having a clue what the fck they are doing ,turning the industry into a joke .
      Also the level of skill being shown on site these days is quite frankly shocking, and that is from the top down, also from last year to this we have seen at least a fifty percent cut in pay no other trade seems to be having the bollocking that we are experiencing at the moment.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #33: Nov 17, 2009 06:49:37 pm
      Used to love my job but now due to the recession and  little fuckwits coming from uni straight onto site and not having a clue what the fck they are doing ,turning the industry into a joke .
      Also the level of skill being shown on site these days is quite frankly shocking, and that is from the top down, also from last year to this we have seen at least a fifty percent cut in pay no other trade seems to be having the bollocking that we are experiencing at the moment.
      Thing's will turn around Andy, but when? that's the trouble.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #34: Nov 17, 2009 06:51:35 pm
      Thanks for everyone's comments, I'm sure my job is far from the worst in the world, but it's certainly not what I imagined I'd be doing when I was younger, that's for sure. And it sorts the men from the boys, I've seen lots of people come and go in the time I've been there who just couldn't hack it physically or mentally, people getting time off for depression, that kind of thing.

Glad to hear that you've turned things around RedLFCBlood, I can totally understand where you're coming from wanting to spend more time with your wife and kids, it's what's hardest for me at the moment. Oh, and spending time chatting with you lot of course! ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #35: Nov 17, 2009 06:52:25 pm
      Don't worry lads - we'll all be dead soon! ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #36: Nov 17, 2009 06:53:35 pm

Terrorist alert!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #37: Nov 17, 2009 06:53:58 pm

:D

I've often thought that - just knuckle down and get on with it, no-one will give a F**k when you're dead anyway!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #38: Nov 17, 2009 06:54:56 pm
      More like Gow alert!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Nov 17, 2009 07:00:20 pm
      Used to work in McDonalds for a bit when I was 16 - F***ing awful. You realise just why you need an education.

The managers are pricks, and what's worse the majority of staff are pricks. The people you work with who are actually the same level as employee as you, think somehow they have more power than you.

I'd go up on my break (which would be at a stupid time) wanting a break, just to hear bitching going on. I'd hear bitching in the also in the working kitchen etc.

You'd get rang up every weekend asking to cover someone else's shift - how about F**k off. I did it the first few times, then you realise they try to take advantage.

The sense of relief when I left that place was overwhelming.

Then I worked at a Chinese on a till. I'd get paid £5 an hour to sit and play on a PSP, and serve a few customers. Piss easy. Didn't mind doing that, just boring really. Then I had to give it up as I couldn't be there on time anymore.

Dad keeps moaning on at me to get a new job, but I've become too used to not having one, and I can't be bothered. Thinking of taking up refereeing if anything though. Or maybe Blockbuster's, just down the road.

Just an awful place. Hated every second of working in there.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #40: Nov 17, 2009 07:01:18 pm
      Yes it will turn aroung Gareth but at the moment its like turning a tanker in the severn estuary.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #41: Nov 17, 2009 07:04:56 pm
      I know what you mean Andy, my wages have been capped , the wife is now down to two days a week, and the company is running on free labour.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #42: Nov 19, 2009 06:21:59 pm
      That sounds miserable, Ayrton. I know what you mean about that not being what you wanted to do with your life. I, too, took a job to make sure my wife (girlfriend at the time) would be taken care of. That decision was easy after a "close call". I was supposed to go to graduate school, but thirteen years later....here I am.

And, yeah. I dislike my job almost to the point of hating it. I find it mindnumbingly boring. The people I work with/for aren't the worst, but there are a few people who I'd like to meet up with after dark. The boss is one of these people who wants to be your friend, but the next day he's yelling at you. Sounds like a common theme here with bipolar bosses. Personally, I keep it professional with him. I'm not into fraternization. I've got enough friends. You could say that about the whole lot, really. In a garage of about sixty people I'd keep in touch with maybe three of them. Maybe. Add to that the stress that comes with wondering when your turn on the chopping block will be. This company made $1.2 billion in profit in a single quarter and still they've started laying off all union members hired after 2003. Greedy scumbags.

I do get paid well, though. I have great medical, dental, etc. benefits. I am greatful for that. Also, the company will pay for me to go to school. That being the case I've taken matters into my own hands and am back in college working towards nursing, a profession that's always in demand and that speaks a lot more to me than what I'm doing now.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Nov 19, 2009 06:25:35 pm
      Some bloody shocking stories here. Ayrton, keep ya chin up mate. Hopefully all works out well. And BR, glad to see your getting to do something you feel more about. Im glad to be back at school studying to be what i want to be, but i can imagine in years to come i will inevitably end up in a job at some point that will have a c**t of a boss or something along those lines. The world is a cruel place in that way.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #44: Nov 19, 2009 06:57:59 pm
      Well been thinking of it all week with the rain and everything else ,worked our tits off this week in sh*t weather conditions we got a pair of houses up to joist level in seven days and it still wasn,t good enough so fck them we jacked at 3 oclock this afternoon.
      Currently jobless but feel a whole lot better.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #45: Nov 19, 2009 07:02:26 pm
      Thanks again to the people who replied to my original post, it really means a lot to me. This forum really is a huge escape for me at times, and I appreciate being able to discuss not just the mighty reds, but anything and everything with you all.

Obviously the above doesn't apply to those I've banned since I'm here. ::)

Well been thinking of it all week with the rain and everything else ,worked our tits off this week in sh*t weather conditions we got a pair of houses up to joist level in seven days and it still wasn,t good enough so fck them we jacked at 3 oclock this afternoon.
      Currently jobless but feel a whole lot better.

Hope everything works out fine for you Andy, brave decision and I'm glad you're feeling better in yourself.

Quick Reply