Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

The Official Jamie Ward thread

Read 10992 times
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Re: The Official Jamie Ward thread
      Reply #23: Dec 03, 2009 03:18:34 pm
      Apparently one of their blog writers  had written an article/blog that spoke about Liverpoool supporters all being muderers for their actions during the heysel disaster.

It took a couple days for the offical Chelsea website to take it down, by then obviously the damage had been done.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #24: Dec 03, 2009 03:28:17 pm
      Apparently one of their blog writers  had written an article/blog that spoke about Liverpoool supporters all being muderers for their actions during the heysel disaster.

It took a couple days for the offical Chelsea website to take it down, by then obviously the damage had been done.
      Scanned the chav site and the comments on it about this article are as bad if not worse than the origonal piece, just a crowd of mentally challenged childish people who know somebody that can send e-mails.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #25: Dec 03, 2009 03:48:43 pm
      In my honest opinion, they are the murderers of modern football economic. Let's not focus on the actual murder itself as in South American leagues the rate is higher than what happened in Heysel. They are far more brutal but in terms of modern football, Chelsea could be considered as the sinner of football economy. Look what have they done when Abramovich took over Chelsea. They inflated the players price beyond reaches of any club. They freely spent money on players which if you considered the actual price was lower than estimated. Wright Phillips for example, I do think Rafa wanted him and put an initial bid of 13 million (correct me if I'm wrong) but they eclipsed us with 21 million bid to lure him away from our reach. What they have done to the transfer market has hurt us badly in term of competing for the player's signature.

It was a tragedy what happened in Heysel but to be honest, there's nothing we could do to prevent that from happening. Prayers are all we could offer but never accuse us if you don't have any sufficient evidence to back up your lies!

Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #26: Dec 16, 2009 03:49:15 pm
      Another article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/309573-psychology-and-football-support-the-negativity-bias

All feedback is much welcomed, good and bad, thanks
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #27: Dec 16, 2009 05:26:38 pm
      The claim in the article that the negativity receptors in the brain are more receptive than their positive counterparts is certainly food for thought.
      To take it further would it be reasonable to assume that different supporters also have variants in the pos/neg thresholds? That is to say would the LFC faithful tolerate a longer run of bad results than their manUre rivals?
      There must surely be affecting factors in such a premise not least of all the supporters psyche,the clubs history and success or lack of and the very nature of support.
       I've seen the reaction at Old Toilet when we were there scoring for fun and their supporters were getting off in their thousands not a picture I am glad to say I've seen at Anfield, well not in such numbers, which leads me to believe there is indeed a difference in which team you support and the negativity tolerance level.    
      « Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009 06:25:34 pm by stuey »
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 16, 2009 05:44:45 pm
      I  think the balance between positive and negeative is definatly varied from person to person, whether which club you support can determine those levels and how much your likely to put up with is a very good point to raise.

In that respect im also looking into historical bias for the next article and hopefully putting that theory to the test.

I personally think alot of his has to do with personal mentality as well and things like maturity etc.

Thanks for reading Stuey
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Dec 16, 2009 06:00:14 pm
      I 100% agree with the last little bit there, Jamie.

But at this point, the team do not need that support half as much as they did. The support was needed more when the players were down on their luck, and the fans were too busy with negativity bias.

It is at this point where real fans show their colours, and glory hunting/bandwagon jumpers are caught out.

It is easy to be swept up in the negativity of media outlets but one thing must be known, and that is to have faith.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 16, 2009 06:19:34 pm
      Im glad you found the crux of the article Crouchino, whilst I may be disapointed with how things turn out, im certainly not going to add more pressure to a situation already laden with it, if I was in the situation I would want support, not to be heckled and attacked, especially when its based on illogical ideas and lies.

Thanks for reading.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Dec 16, 2009 06:42:21 pm
      Im glad you found the crux of the article Crouchino, whilst I may be disapointed with how things turn out, im certainly not going to add more pressure to a situation already laden with it, if I was in the situation I would want support, not to be heckled and attacked, especially when its based on illogical ideas and lies.

Thanks for reading.

Was my pleasure mate. Not to be a kiss arse, but i do like your work because of the common sense in them.

Most definitely agree with what your saying. Negativity builds pressure and any added pressure from fans only adds to that of being at a club with a reputation as strong as ours.

After the Arsenal game, in light of constant negativity on the boards, i pleaded for some blind faith in the players and coaching staff so we can move through this rough patch. Sometimes looking beyond what's in front of you can change the mentality and mood of the camp.

Lets just hope that this is the case and we are not to regret the rash 'support' of some fickle beings.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: Dec 16, 2009 06:51:38 pm
      Well I think you can assume you safely assume from the vast majority of my posts I'm anything but negative,  now who wants a written brawl in the Rafa thread :D

Another cracking article by the way Jamie and it highlights how fickle some fans can be in my opinion, the very same negative fans who were applauding Rafa's contribution last season are this season calling for the mans head not giving an ounce of thought the contributing factors surrounding our indifferent start to the season, thus only taking the negatives of our elimination from the Champions League and our poor League position to form this deluded opinion of why Rafa's employment should be terminated with immediate effect and not looking at the positive of how much our season can be turned around, given we can field our Strongest Starting XI for a prolonged number of games, the very same fans would rather give some on like Jürgen Klinsman a chance other than the man who over 5 years has earned his chance and our support through difficult times.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #33: Dec 17, 2009 12:43:52 am
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2009 06:18:06 am
      Couple of typos, but a well summed up piece about N'Gog's Anfield debut.

Nice one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #35: Dec 17, 2009 03:59:11 pm
      Another excellent piece Jamie and an insight into the potential and progress of N'Gog, as you point out the lad is gaining experience all the time and his recent displays bear this out.
      He is definitely a long term prospect and should be allowed the time to hone his talents, one aspect of his character seems to be that he is not over awed by situations or opposing players and gives an honest account of himself.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2009 05:04:35 pm
      I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback, dont forget mistakes and criticism is also very welcomed, its help me sort my writing out :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2009 08:01:43 pm
      Good sum up of his current career. He's a very intelligent player off the ball and i think the Wigan highlighted that the most.

I've tagged him as the new Inzaghi, because he ghosts into positions where you don't realise he's there until he has the ball delivered to him. It's a rare ability and a very valuable one.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2010 12:43:36 pm
      Ive set up a new blog where most of my articles and blogs will now go if any one would like a look.

http://theliverpoolopinion.blogspot.com/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2010 12:50:10 pm
      Good stuff mate, good luck with it.

I imagine that the order they're in now are due to you uploading them to the site to start off, and not in chronological order?
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 12, 2010 08:41:54 pm
      Yeah I just uploaded some random ones I liked, the rest will go in as and when I write them.

Love the Rafa quote btw
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Jan 12, 2010 10:38:25 pm
      Yeah I just uploaded some random ones I liked, the rest will go in as and when I write them.

Love the Rafa quote btw

No worries there mate. Do let us know on here when they go up.

I was in tears laughing when he said it, i remembered it the other day so i had to dedicate something to it :D
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2010 07:11:36 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2010 07:13:29 pm

Thats what I've just been asking myself to be honest, I've not long logged out of twitter but Babels normal Twitter account has had no posts since October 17th/18th.
      Jamie Ward
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2010 07:23:50 pm
      I still think there is room for doubt that its actually him. Whilst there is doubt, I certainly wont be just accepting it's him like the media appear to be. Even the Gaurdian have a story on it already with no quotes that Babel is dropped from the squad (as the headline boldly claims) apart from the ones on twitter.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2010 07:29:32 pm
      The media are like vultures mate they are circling Benitez's corpse just waiting to pick pieces off it, the very public with hunt of Rafa is sickening to watch and they seem to be looking for the tiniest scrap of information to destabalise his position that little bit further, I mean come on a twitter account, hardlies a credible source for media outlets is it ?.

Quick Reply