Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Congrats United

Read 7292 times
      rushistanbul
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Re: Congrats United
      Reply #23: May 08, 2007 08:26:01 pm
      Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and accept when another team wins the title, especially in the manner that they have played!!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #24: May 10, 2007 07:01:55 pm
      How to lose respect in an instant!
      Time to lock this thread after Fegusons' last bleating?
      It would be the most honorable thing to do.
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #25: May 11, 2007 08:21:00 am
      I'm not going Mourinho, I'm simply expressing my dislike for Manchester United.

Do you think for one second they would congratulate us on winning the League?

You might just be surprised lad...there's plenty of United fans out there that acknowledge quality - wherever it is and whoever is playing it.

Trouble with us - Mancs and Scousers - and you're not going to like this at all - is we're a lot alike. Bolshie bas**rds when we need to be, lots of us descended from Irish immigrants, pig-headed, know-alls at times and proud as well ! Mix us up, get us competing and what do get? Clashes!

Anyway, this United fan appreciates followers of good football and appreciates even more the compliments of our greatest rivals - forget Chelsea, Arsenal - we all know don't we?
      As much as I would hate to have to say it - because it would mean that United weren't champions - I would always give credit were Liverpool to win the title. We were brought up that way and it'll do for me.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #26: May 11, 2007 08:56:52 am
      You might just be surprised lad...there's plenty of United fans out there that acknowledge quality - wherever it is and whoever is playing it.

Trouble with us - Mancs and Scousers - and you're not going to like this at all - is we're a lot alike. Bolshie bas**rds when we need to be, lots of us descended from Irish immigrants, pig-headed, know-alls at times and proud as well ! Mix us up, get us competing and what do get? Clashes!

Anyway, this United fan appreciates followers of good football and appreciates even more the compliments of our greatest rivals - forget Chelsea, Arsenal - we all know don't we?
      As much as I would hate to have to say it - because it would mean that United weren't champions - I would always give credit were Liverpool to win the title. We were brought up that way and it'll do for me.

Well put mate, as I have got older I have now put my dislike of united down to the fact that wether we like it or not we are very alike, industrially,economically(although its took us a while to start catching Manchester up) and of course on the football pitch.
      The links we share as football clubs are uncanny,Busby goes from us to you and was also great friends with Shanks and Bob Paisley,we both have worldwide support that other clubs can only dream about,we are the first and second most successful clubs in British history(you know who's first and who's second! ;) ) both clubs have known tragedy, and so on.
      I will always dislike Man U but not enough to go out and hurt anyone and I will always have a begrudging admiration for any team that tries to play the game the right way, mind you it doesn't stop me on a windy day spitting down the East Lancs road in the hope it gets carried into a Mancs face in Salford ;D
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2007 08:58:27 am by Glenbuck »
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #27: May 11, 2007 10:56:36 am

mind you it doesn't stop me on a windy day spitting down the East Lancs road in the hope it gets carried into a Mancs face in Salford ;D

How rude Glen lad!! ;D ;D
      Rude?.. I changed it to spitting from something that sounded very similar! ;)

I think when you've been through some of the games we had in the 70s and 80s there comes a time when you need to put the rivalry into perspective, I don't like Man U and in general I hope you lose every game I also had a very close friend who supported Man U and lived in Eccles and thought exactly the same about Liverpool, but not once did any argument descend into nastiness and that is how it should be not getting chased round Manchester/Liverpool by lads with Stanley knives as it was in the old days and as is also becoming the fashion again now.
      I'm not proud of the fact that as a sixteen year old I stood on the Kop and with everyone else sang Munich songs its no excuse but I was young and I was a knobhead, ten years later I'm stood on the Leppings lane and now I have to watch while some Man U fans make choking gestures and sing Hillsborough songs and it destroys me every time, is it a case of what comes around goes around? I don't know but I do know now that there can be rivalry and a dislike of a club without anyone getting maimed for it.
      Anyway now I have cheered every one up I would like to lay down the gauntlet Johnno and say with total optimism, look over your shoulder next year mate because you will have new challengers as the European champions are coming for your league. ;D

Glen lad, I'm F***ing glad you changed it then!! ;D

The league needs a strong and always challenging Liverpool side - without them doing that is just unthinkable for me. But with typical Manc bravado, I'll say " bring it on"!! ;)

I really do hope you turn Milan over later this month but to do it, you've got to get in their faces and not give 'em a moment to play. Not like we did, poncing around like we'd never seen rain before and standing off 'em admiring like. Fecking sh*te that was.

As for the sickos we both might have - I don't know how far this can go before someone sooner or later gets killed through it. In the old days, 50's and early 60's, fans stood together and good football was roundly applauded by both sets of fans. Good banter was one of the highlights of match day. Now, if you opened your mouth, someone's likely to knife you! FFS, how far down sh*t-street have we all gone lad?

I do know that the Kop elders back then kept their mouthy b***ard numpties in check - sometimes with a smack round the earhole where necessary. Similar at the Stretford End. Respect was given and tragedies would have been a total out of bounds NO-NO for any chanting. Chanting about the likes of Munich, Hillsborough (had they occurred) would have been smartly smacked down by people who loved their club for sure but who had respect for common human decency and for the great game.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #28: May 12, 2007 12:04:07 pm
      i hate united but they have fully deserved the league this season ronaldo has been outstanding still hate them tho

Quick Reply