Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Read 74054 times
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Re: AFL (Australian Rules Football)
      Reply #138: Sep 03, 2010 03:50:36 pm
      first blood to st kilda..............  fantastic first half and then hung on bravely in the second half to narrowly win against geelong.

go saints!!!!!   hoping for our first premiership since 1966.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #139: Sep 03, 2010 05:45:59 pm
      first blood to st kilda..............  fantastic first half and then hung on bravely in the second half to narrowly win against geelong.

go saints!!!!!   hoping for our first premiership since 1966.

Hell yes!

I aint a Saints fan by the way - but Geelong have won too much, and i hate Collingwood - so that leaves either the Saints or the Dogs as my preferred winners :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #140: Sep 03, 2010 11:33:32 pm
      Hell yes!

I aint a Saints fan by the way - but Geelong have won too much, and I hate Collingwood - so that leaves either the Saints or the Dogs as my preferred winners :D

You forgot about Carlton bud.  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #141: Sep 04, 2010 02:08:02 am
      You forgot about Carlton bud.  ;)

Oh right. Yeah, cos they have a chance and all.....

;)

Ok, i'd rather Saints, Doggies AND Carlton to win rather than the pies or cats :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      Reply #142: Sep 04, 2010 02:17:04 am
      Oh right. Yeah, cos they have a chance and all.....

;)

Ok, I'd rather Saints, Doggies AND Carlton to win rather than the pies or cats :laugh:

Now you're talking mate.

We knock off Sydney, then Collingwood who will lose to Bulldogs tonight (fingers crossed), knock of Saints in a Prelim and then knock of Geelong in the Grannie. It's in the bag.   ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #143: Sep 04, 2010 02:21:20 am
      Positive thinking mate, like it :D

No, i wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take it either. I just didn't factor them in, due to my automatic thinking that any team outside the top four never has a chance :D

But there's always a first time for everything!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      Reply #144: Sep 04, 2010 02:40:51 am
      Positive thinking mate, like it :D

No, I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues take it either. I just didn't factor them in, due to my automatic thinking that any team outside the top four never has a chance :D

But there's always a first time for everything!

Thanks mate, I've got everything crossed at the moment. I'm so wound up!  ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #145: Sep 06, 2010 08:40:31 am
      The smiling assassin Brad Johnson announced today that he'll retire at the end of the finals. If that can't get the doggies arses into gear I don't know what will.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      Reply #146: Sep 06, 2010 09:01:32 am
      F***ing gutted. 2 Elimination finals in 2 years lost by under 10 points when we had both games by the balls.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope the Bullies win it for Brad Johnson and you Dmasta.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #147: Sep 07, 2010 03:26:02 pm
      I'll be cheering for the Dogs. Have a spot for them.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #148: Sep 09, 2010 12:50:27 am
      Higgins gone for the rest of the season, Lake and Williams battling to get fit and we are already without Morris and Cooney. :mad:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #149: Sep 09, 2010 01:56:47 am
      Matthew Primus has been appointed as senior coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Primus, 35, has been appointed for an initial period of three years.

Primus won the chance to oversee the Power’s new on-field era after a demanding two-month selection process, overseen by a panel of six.

A dual All-Australian, Primus captained Port Adelaide for five seasons from 2001 to 2005. He played 157 AFL games between 1996 and 2005 (20 with Fitzroy in 1996 and 137 with Port Adelaide from 1997-2005).

Primus filled the senior coach role in a caretaker capacity for the last seven weeks of the 2010 season, following the departure of Mark Williams.

Port Adelaide President Brett Duncanson said Primus was the unanimous recommendation of the selection panel. The recommendation was endorsed unanimously yesterday by the Power Board after a final presentation from Primus.

“Matthew Primus will lead the Port Adelaide Football Club for the next three years - and we expect well beyond - as our club enters its next era,” Duncanson said.

“Matt has outstanding Port Adelaide heritage - but that was not a deciding factor in his appointment. He was the best candidate pure and simple at the end of a very demanding and competitive selection process.”

Duncanson said Primus had already begun putting his own stamp on the job.

“People should make absolutely no mistake - Matthew Primus is his own man,” Duncanson said. “He knows the Port Adelaide footy club, but has already shown he is prepared to make hard decisions.

“Matt began doing things his own way as soon as he stepped into the senior role as caretaker coach. Impressively, he did not feel the need to promote himself or those changes publicly.

“This team-first attitude is the hallmark of a great leader. Matt also has the clear respect of the playing group and will create a no excuses, constructive culture. That is what we are striving for.”

Primus said it was an honour to be appointed coach of Port Adelaide.

“It has been a dream of mine to one day coach this great club. I am thrilled and would like to sincerely thank the club for the opportunity,” Primus said.

“I would also like to thank our members and supporters, who have backed me not just over the last few weeks but throughout my playing career. Their support has been exceptional.

“I believe we have a really exciting playing list and there are so many exciting things happening off-field too, it’s just a great time to get this opportunity and I look forward to taking it with both hands.”

Power Chief Executive Mark Haysman thanked all candidates who took part in the selection process.

“We approached the selection process with an open mind but with the single-minded goal of finding the best possible coach for the next era of the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Haysman said.

“The candidates we interviewed - in particular our final short-list of four - were all very capable and highly professional people of great character. In the end though, Matthew Primus was the outstanding candidate.

“Matt now has an opportunity to take and shape what we all believe is an exciting list of talented young players over the next three years.”

Haysman said the selection process had involved seven stages and combined use of the AFL’s Coaching Effectiveness Research with the Power’s own specific needs.

“The process was certainly not a simple ‘presentation’ exercise,” Haysman said.

“The process of course assessed coaching and technical prowess, and asked candidates to outline their game plans and list management ideas and philosophies.

“It also involved a series of other assessment exercises as the process unfolded.

“These multiple assessment activities were designed to reflect the various challenges faced in the senior coach role and allow the panel to dig into the candidate’s motivation and capacity to perform the role effectively.

“We were particularly interested in constructive leadership and the ability to motivate and inspire others. Matthew Primus has those attributes in spades.”
      http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/102278/default.aspx

Was my first choice, very happy to see him in!

Bad luck for the Dogs though mate, gonna be tough  :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #150: Sep 09, 2010 08:26:54 am
      Go the Dogs.

Would love to see all the pensioners here who support Sydney cry into an early grave. It's like you have to be 80+ years old to support Sydney or some sh*t. Grrr. Hate the club too! Sydney is a Rugby League city so F**k off !

Ahh better.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #151: Sep 11, 2010 01:38:31 am
      Not exactly a fan of the new GWS team coming into the comp then Crouchy? ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #152: Sep 11, 2010 04:09:30 pm
      F**k no! :D

They won't win anyone over, here. We're a rugby league area and most people who follow AFL go for the Swans already.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #153: Sep 24, 2010 07:42:46 am
      Grand Final day is almost upon us!

Now i know that none of the members here have a club in the final (no saints or pies fans knocking about to my knowledge) but Grand Final day is still something i always like. I have watched every grand final since the Blues won it in '95, apart from last years which i listened to online here in the states - but tomorrows is being shown on ESPN 2 here in the USA so its on ;D

Who's gonna be watching then? Predictions? I unfortunately feel Collingwood have the edge, but by F**k will i be going for the Saints. F***ing hate Collingwood, as do most who are not Collingwood fans.

Saints also have not won a grandie since their only one in '66, and have come heartbreakingly close a number of times. I feel for what they have done as being such a good side for a number of years that they deserve one.

Little bit of trivia too - that one premiership they have in '66? They beat Collingwood to claim that ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #154: Sep 24, 2010 08:33:57 am
      By a point that win was too, wasn't it?

I have tipped St Kilda in every finals game so far, so i'm not stopping now.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #155: Sep 24, 2010 08:47:23 am
      Yup, the closest of margins. If tomorrows game is anything like that, with the right result of course, it'll be one hell of a game!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #156: Sep 24, 2010 09:27:42 am
      Absolutely! Hope they get up over the Pies.

Eddie losing another final will be great :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #157: Sep 24, 2010 04:23:48 pm
      Bit late but Chris Judd winning the brownlow is a load of monkey sh*t.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #158: Sep 24, 2010 06:04:02 pm
      Dont really follow this sport much, but go the Saints tommorow.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      Reply #159: Sep 24, 2010 11:39:19 pm
      Bit late but Chris Judd winning the brownlow is a load of monkey sh*t.

Piss off! I'm a Carlton supporter as you know and he deserved every vote he got  ;D  Go you Juddster.

Highlight of the night for me though was seeing Eddie's purple face when he realised his beloved Swanny could'nt win it.

Hope his face gets even more purple today! Will be going for the Saints as most of Australia other than the Magpie supporters will be. For me though Maggies to win by 62 points.

It's gonna be a long next 12 months.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #160: Sep 25, 2010 01:35:20 am
      Anyone see Jack Watts on before the game?

'I reckon Collingwood, but i'm praying Saints flog 'em' :D

Quick Reply