Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Read 73316 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: AFL (Australian Rules Football)
      Reply #207: May 05, 2012 09:40:38 am
      Gold Coast perhaps to knock off Freo?
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #208: May 07, 2012 09:43:24 am
      Scored five goals yesterday.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #209: Apr 14, 2015 01:55:58 am
      And this thread goes... UP!

In my quest to watch every collective sport there is in the world to see, I'm now watching the AFL. Supposedly.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #210: Apr 14, 2015 09:46:33 am
      And this thread goes... UP!

In my quest to watch every collective sport there is in the world to see, I'm now watching the AFL. Supposedly.

Whatever you do don't support collingwood they're the mancs of the AFL.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #211: Apr 14, 2015 02:29:58 pm
      Whatever you do don't support collingwood they're the mancs of the AFL.

Port Adelaide FC for me. Blame David!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #212: Apr 25, 2015 05:34:03 pm
      This game is fantastic and Port Adelaide likes to win it the hard way. Loving it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #213: May 07, 2015 09:51:38 am
      Port Adelaide FC for me. Blame David!

*Thank David! ;)

Been a hell of an initiation for ya Diego! Five weeks of games that, bar Sydney, have been right down to the wire. And even against Sydney we were in it until a real bad patch just let it get away. But, big win against the reigning premiers and knocking off the city rival in the cows is always F***ing awesome.

Also, in the Showdown spirit, cop this one. Was at this game as well, couple years ago. Crows home one so I was surrounded by the F***ing chardy sipping tw*ts thinking it was all lost...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3scPIMd8#ws
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #214: Sep 20, 2015 12:20:39 pm
      The Courtroom Crows are out. I can enjoy Aussie Rules again.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #215: Sep 20, 2015 04:11:46 pm
      The Courtroom Crows are out. I can enjoy Aussie Rules again.

Oh yes. Spanked by the Hawks. Watched that game.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #216: Sep 26, 2015 03:50:35 pm
      Hawthorn vs West Coast for the biscuits.

Hawthorn looking to win their third in a row, West Coast surprise bolsters (finished out of finals in 2014 in 9th) who have been incredibly impressive all year. Both like to move the ball, score big, but have defensive clout to back it up. Will be quite the battle!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #217: Sep 26, 2015 04:52:36 pm
      It will be the first AFL Grand Final I watch, but any team other than your own winning a competition three times in a row becomes boring, so I'll be hoping the Eagles can do it.

Looking forward to 2016 with Charlie Dixon at Port Adelaide!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #218: Sep 27, 2015 06:41:30 am
      I hate the fact that you can already tell the Hawks will smash them. Eagles have no chance. Going to be a very boring GF.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #219: Sep 28, 2015 02:39:18 pm
      It will be the first AFL Grand Final I watch, but any team other than your own winning a competition three times in a row becomes boring, so I'll be hoping the Eagles can do it.

Looking forward to 2016 with Charlie Dixon at Port Adelaide!

For me, I actually respect a team being able to win three in a row. The AFL is so brutal, and especially Hawthorn losing a once in a generation kinda player in Buddy and still getting better after that. Just the prototype footy side. I F***ing hate fairytale sides unless they're mine, so Eagles coming from 9th last year to win it all would piss me off. Hawthorn winning it would be status quo, whatever. Any victorian side besides Collingwood doesn't bother me too much - AND the last time a team won three in a row? Port won it the next year.

So F***ing sign me up for Charlie Dixon and the 2016 Premiership :D

Also Shaun Burgoyne is still a favorite of mine, son of Port Adelaide. Deserves all the good he's gotten.

I hate the fact that you can already tell the Hawks will smash them. Eagles have no chance. Going to be a very boring GF.

If Eagles aren't overawed in the opening stanza, it'll be a fantastic game I reckon. I do worry that experience will show though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #220: Oct 20, 2015 06:35:52 pm
      For me, I actually respect a team being able to win three in a row. The AFL is so brutal, and especially Hawthorn losing a once in a generation kinda player in Buddy and still getting better after that. Just the prototype footy side. I f**king hate fairytale sides unless they're mine, so Eagles coming from 9th last year to win it all would piss me off. Hawthorn winning it would be status quo, whatever. Any victorian side besides Collingwood doesn't bother me too much - AND the last time a team won three in a row? Port won it the next year.

So f**king sign me up for Charlie Dixon and the 2016 Premiership :D

Also Shaun Burgoyne is still a favorite of mine, son of Port Adelaide. Deserves all the good he's gotten.

If Eagles aren't overawed in the opening stanza, it'll be a fantastic game I reckon. I do worry that experience will show though.

Charlie Dixon trade to PAFC has been finally completed! Also got Toumpas from Melbourne.
      Looking forward to next season's forward line full of options with tall forwards such as Dixon, Schulz and Ryder, plus the magician - and my favorite player - Chad Wingard.

I read that Toumpas was picked higher in the draft than Ollie Wines! If he's anywhere near as good a midfielder as Wines, then the team has just got a hell of a lot stronger.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #221: Apr 01, 2016 01:12:23 pm
      Watched a handful of games this season after deciding to try and get into it proper (been a passive watcher for the past year or two) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Watched Collingwood get annihilated last week and then just watched them secure a victory against Richmond by 1 point with 4 seconds to go.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #222: Apr 01, 2016 01:43:17 pm
      Watched a handful of games this season

???

:f_tongueincheek:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #223: Apr 01, 2016 02:53:58 pm
      Watched a handful of games this season after deciding to try and get into it proper (been a passive watcher for the past year or two) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Watched Collingwood get annihilated last week and then just watched them secure a victory against Richmond by 1 point with 4 seconds to go.

Come to the Port Adelaide side of the force, along with David and myself ;D

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #224: Apr 01, 2016 02:58:07 pm
      By the way - Port Adelaide Power v Adelaide Crows tonight should be a cracking game.
      Port have lost Matty White, Jay Schulz and Hamish Hartlett for the game (not to mention Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries due to suspension) but are still quite strong. Pay attention to Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard, two magicians and among the best players in the league. Charlie Dixon is a recent signing and could be huge for Port as well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #225: Apr 01, 2016 03:31:02 pm
      By the way - Port Adelaide Power v Adelaide Crows tonight should be a cracking game.
      Port have lost Matty White, Jay Schulz and Hamish Hartlett for the game (not to mention Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries due to suspension) but are still quite strong. Pay attention to Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard, two magicians and among the best players in the league. Charlie Dixon is a recent signing and could be huge for Port as well.

At first I thought I wouldn't be able to watch that game because it's on at 3:45 a.m. here in the UK but I've just checked the TV schedule and it's on BT Sport so I can record it. It seems BT Sport show a few games each week.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #226: Apr 01, 2016 03:55:27 pm
      At first I thought I wouldn't be able to watch that game because it's on at 3:45 a.m. here in the UK but I've just checked the TV schedule and it's on BT Sport so I can record it. It seems BT Sport show a few games each week.

It starts at 11:45pm here so I'm thinking of watching it live. AFL is not televised in Brazil but I have a WatchAFL subscription. I normally watch games on demand when they're in the middle of the night but sometimes I make the effort to watch them live...

Do you have any team of preference? If not, then PAFC is the way to go! ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #227: Apr 01, 2016 04:51:36 pm
      It starts at 11:45pm here so I'm thinking of watching it live. AFL is not televised in Brazil but I have a WatchAFL subscription. I normally watch games on demand when they're in the middle of the night but sometimes I make the effort to watch them live...

Do you have any team of preference? If not, then PAFC is the way to go! ;D

I don't have a team preference. I did like the look of the Swans last weekend but I may have to check out Port Adelaide, you're pushing them hard so I feel obliged to give them a go :D. It'll certainly help me follow the season better and keep on track.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #228: Apr 01, 2016 05:43:44 pm
      I don't have a team preference. I did like the look of the Swans last weekend but I may have to check out Port Adelaide, you're pushing them hard so I feel obliged to give them a go :D. It'll certainly help me follow the season better and keep on track.

It is a nice club and I for one always like to pick a team to follow, as you say it is a motivation to keep watching/following the season.
      David suggested that I should support PAFC so I accepted his tip and joined a PAFC internet forum. The reception I got there was so amazing my interest quickly escalated to genuine support. I even met an Aussie PAFC supporter who came to Rio on his holidays last month and he gave me a Port shirt. Another forum member got me a football signed by Chad Wingard, my favorite player.
      It's a pretty old club with lots of history - I think you would like them!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #229: Apr 01, 2016 08:11:12 pm
      It is a nice club and I for one always like to pick a team to follow, as you say it is a motivation to keep watching/following the season.
      David suggested that I should support PAFC so I accepted his tip and joined a PAFC internet forum. The reception I got there was so amazing my interest quickly escalated to genuine support. I even met an Aussie PAFC supporter who came to Rio on his holidays last month and he gave me a Port shirt. Another forum member got me a football signed by Chad Wingard, my favorite player.
      It's a pretty old club with lots of history - I think you would like them!

I think I'll join a forum. I did that when I started watching the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL and my interest has continued to grow. They sound like a nice set of fans from what you've said.

What forum do you go on mate?

One thing that made me laugh when I first watched an AFL game was how it looked like there were 30 people just running all over the place for the ball like a bunch of 5 year olds do when they first started playing football :D.

Quick Reply