Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Read 73321 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: AFL (Australian Rules Football)
      Reply #230: Apr 01, 2016 08:19:55 pm
      I think I'll join a forum. I did that when I started watching the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL and my interest has continued to grow. They sound like a nice set of fans from what you've said.

What forum do you go on mate?

http://www.bigfooty.com/

It's HUGE! Lots of members and lots of posts all the time over there.
      They have specific boards for each club, which fans of different teams can see and post, but 99% of the time only fans of the said team post in them. PAFC's board is the following: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/port-adelaide-est-1870.28/

It may take a while to get used to it but it's a very good forum. I'm diegodcg over there in case you join!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #231: Apr 01, 2016 08:22:37 pm
      http://www.bigfooty.com/

It's HUGE! Lots of members and lots of posts all the time over there.
      They have specific boards for each club, which fans of different teams can see and post, but 99% of the time only fans of the said team post in them. PAFC's board is the following: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/port-adelaide-est-1870.28/

It may take a while to get used to it but it's a very good forum. I'm diegodcg over there in case you join!

I had a feeling it was the bigfooty site. I checked a few others out and that one seemed the most reputable. I'm about to sign up now. Will let you know what my username is.

Are there a few Liverpool fans on there? I'm just looking through one of the threads and a few people have Liverpool listed under 'other teams'.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #232: Apr 01, 2016 08:39:35 pm
      I had a feeling it was the bigfooty site. I checked a few others out and that one seemed the most reputable. I'm about to sign up now. Will let you know what my username is.

Are there a few Liverpool fans on there? I'm just looking through one of the threads and a few people have Liverpool listed under 'other teams'.

Yes there are quite a lot of LFC fans on BigFooty and there is also a board for "Association Football" where the Liverpool thread (Liverpool BigFooty Army or something like that) is one of the most popular threads.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #233: Apr 01, 2016 10:17:28 pm
      Yes there are quite a lot of LFC fans on BigFooty and there is also a board for "Association Football" where the Liverpool thread (Liverpool BigFooty Army or something like that) is one of the most popular threads.

They know their stuff then! I'm just waiting to be approved by the admin. My username is Ash_Mc25
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #234: Apr 01, 2016 11:15:57 pm
      Diego doing some great work here 😄 Defo jump on Port. Collingwood... Just no. Sydney, I would liken to Chelsea.

Port Adelaide. Most titles in Australia at state level. Incredible history and proud tradition. Exciting brand of footy. Risky brand as well, but we never die wondering 😄
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #235: Apr 01, 2016 11:47:41 pm
      I've always wondered what team Darren Burgess (our old head of fitness and conditioning) ended up at and after watching last year's Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Crows game it turns out it's Port Adelaide :D Brendan Rodgers and Sean O'Driscoll were in the crowd and the commentator mentioned it. Wingard and Gray really stand out for Port.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #236: Apr 01, 2016 11:50:38 pm
      Diego doing some great work here 😄 Defo jump on Port. Collingwood... Just no. Sydney, I would liken to Chelsea.

Port Adelaide. Most titles in Australia at state level. Incredible history and proud tradition. Exciting brand of footy. Risky brand as well, but we never die wondering 😄

What is it with Collingwood? :D. One of my best mates spent a year in Melbourne with his girlfriend as her parents live there and his girlfriend was telling me not to support Collingwood.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #237: Apr 02, 2016 01:50:19 am
      What is it with Collingwood? :D. One of my best mates spent a year in Melbourne with his girlfriend as her parents live there and his girlfriend was telling me not to support Collingwood.

They're a bunch of 4 fingered inbreds.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #238: Apr 02, 2016 02:24:05 am

Who do you support mate?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #239: Apr 02, 2016 04:32:49 am

I'm a very long suffering Western Bulldogs supporter. :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #240: Apr 02, 2016 08:02:12 am
      I barrack for Carlton, been a long time between drinks and right now we are rock bottom sh*t!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #241: Apr 02, 2016 09:45:43 am
      Just watching the game now, halfway through the 3rd quarter. It’s not been a great performance from Port Adelaide :D Have they got some injuries or something?

All I’ve witnessed so far is Port Adelaide giving away a few too many free kicks in comparison to the Crows and some incredibly poor kicks at goal from Port. Whenever Port kicks there seems to be a swarm of Crows players contesting the ball and whenever the Crows kick there is barely any pressure from Port when it comes to catching.

Is this a typical performance for Port or a one off?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #242: Apr 02, 2016 09:48:33 am

Well, that explains it :lmao:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #243: Apr 02, 2016 02:12:53 pm
      Just watching the game now, halfway through the 3rd quarter. It’s not been a great performance from Port Adelaide :D Have they got some injuries or something?

All I’ve witnessed so far is Port Adelaide giving away a few too many free kicks in comparison to the Crows and some incredibly poor kicks at goal from Port. Whenever Port kicks there seems to be a swarm of Crows players contesting the ball and whenever the Crows kick there is barely any pressure from Port when it comes to catching.

Is this a typical performance for Port or a one off?

Injuries, a few suspensions (season long, that's a whole other story - and nothing of our doing) BUT, still no excuse. Poor execution. We actually led the inside 50's, similar scoring shots - just not executed well, they smashed us in contested ball and in the centre. We are much much better than that, so much talent in the list. They need to get their sh*t together. Massively underachieved last year, and similar issues seem to still exist in the game plan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #244: Apr 02, 2016 04:07:30 pm
      What an awful game to start watching Port :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #245: Apr 02, 2016 04:20:21 pm
      What an awful game to start watching Port :(

You're not kidding Diego. So glad I didn't stay up in the early hours to watch it. I feel for the Aussie Liverpool fans who watch us at daft o'clock in the morning when we're playing terrible every other week.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2016 07:55:16 pm by mcarz »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #246: Apr 02, 2016 04:29:06 pm
      Remember the wise words of the best Aussie band ever ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQO1qZD5lek

"I might barrack for Port Power, but never for the Crows"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #247: Apr 03, 2016 12:56:36 am
      I'm a very long suffering Western Bulldogs supporter. :D

I enjoyed watching a bit of the Bulldogs last season, they have some good players... Jake Stringer is a brilliant young player, isn't he?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #248: Apr 03, 2016 12:57:37 am
      I barrack for Carlton, been a long time between drinks and right now we are rock bottom sh*t!

Same as my Australian boss at work - she also supports Carlton... constantly complain about them as well haha

You have an Irish player who seems to be decent, Tuohy or something like that?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #249: Apr 03, 2016 02:44:40 am
      I enjoyed watching a bit of the Bulldogs last season, they have some good players... Jake Stringer is a brilliant young player, isn't he?

He's a an absolute cracker, infact we've got a few guns that I think are going to really start to shine this season. If we work on our accuracy in front of goal and learn to string 4 quarters of footy together we're a top 4 team this season and Premiership contenders in the next 2-3 seasons IMO.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #250: Apr 03, 2016 03:02:11 am
      He's a an absolute cracker, infact we've got a few guns that I think are going to really start to shine this season. If we work on our accuracy in front of goal and learn to string 4 quarters of footy together we're a top 4 team this season and Premiership contenders in the next 2-3 seasons IMO.

I'm currently watching their game vs St Kilda on WatchAFL. Please don't tell me the score, but apart from Stringer, which other players should I pay more attention to? I like the look of this small fella Caleb Daniel haha
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #251: Apr 03, 2016 06:26:37 am
      Same as my Australian boss at work - she also supports Carlton... constantly complain about them as well haha

You have an Irish player who seems to be decent, Tuohy or something like that?

Yes mate Zac Touhy. Plays his 100th game today against the Swans.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #252: Apr 05, 2016 11:26:45 am
      I'm currently watching their game vs St Kilda on WatchAFL. Please don't tell me the score, but apart from Stringer, which other players should I pay more attention to? I like the look of this small fella Caleb Daniel haha

Yeah he's a good little player is Caleb. Johannisen and Daulhaus would be two that I'd consider to have a bit of an X factor about them.

Quick Reply