Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Read 73748 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: AFL (Australian Rules Football)
      Reply #253: Apr 08, 2016 10:41:36 am
      If Port Adelaide lose this game I may have to do the fan base a favour and stop watching them :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #254: Apr 08, 2016 03:08:39 pm
      If Port Adelaide lose this game I may have to do the fan base a favour and stop watching them :D

haha ;D
      Not sure if you're aware of the doping scandal that has affected Essendon recently.
      We (Port Adelaide) lost a couple of pretty good players for this year (Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries) because they were at Essendope at the time they were making use of performance enhancing drugs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #255: Apr 09, 2016 12:35:07 am
      haha ;D
      Not sure if you're aware of the doping scandal that has affected Essendon recently.
      We (Port Adelaide) lost a couple of pretty good players for this year (Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries) because they were at Essendope at the time they were making use of performance enhancing drugs.

Was great to watch them win this week :D. I only watched the first 3 quarters, will probably watch the final one tomorrow. I read last week about one or two players being suspended for drug issues but I didn't know much more than that tbh. Why do players insist on doing dumb stuff like that? It happens all the time in the NFL too, as if they wouldn't get caught.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #256: Apr 09, 2016 03:11:44 pm
      Was great to watch them win this week :D. I only watched the first 3 quarters, will probably watch the final one tomorrow. I read last week about one or two players being suspended for drug issues but I didn't know much more than that tbh. Why do players insist on doing dumb stuff like that? It happens all the time in the NFL too, as if they wouldn't get caught.

Much more complicated than that. The players were actually unaware - the club itself put a regime of "supplements" in place which was apparently illegal. Players simply took club doctor instructions, took their medicine so to speak. It's still a lot of unknowns, he said she said, controversy etc. Been going on for three-four years now. Players were actually cleared last year, but then WADA stepped in and decided to ban the 34 players, past and present, no matter where they are now, from all football activity. Lawsuits will be coming soon from the players I believe. Dustin Fletcher (400 game just retired Bombers legend) can't even go into the club rooms for his F***ing kid playing in amateur stuff. Ex-Bomber was gonna coach my local team here, he had to step down. Quite ridiculous really, because here's the kicker: None of them ever actually tested positive. It's all on evidence circumstantial, rather than actually having the murder weapon so to speak.

I'm just typing this quickly on my phone so it will appear quite jumbled I'm sure, but that's the reality of this saga. Really has torn at the fabric of a proud club, and the league itself. Port are two fantastic players down because of it, and we had nothing to do with it. I'd be a lot more bullish about premiership chances had we not been, such is the impact.

Whenever the final story about this is written, I'll be first in line to read it. Been a crazy couple of years.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #257: Apr 10, 2016 04:29:16 am
      Really looking forward to the Doggies v Hawks today which will give a pretty good idea of the level we're at right now.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #258: Apr 10, 2016 09:02:46 am
      What a game of footy. Gutted but proud of how much of a fight the guys put up. Just hope to god that wasn't bob murphys final game as that looked nasty.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #259: Apr 17, 2016 10:09:48 am
      Port Adelaide are looking so terrible in this game! (watching it a few hours later). No intensity, leaving huge gaps in front of goal, not contesting on anything at all, kicking is poor etc.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #260: Apr 17, 2016 10:12:24 am
      I wouldn't watch the rest if I was you, mate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #261: Apr 17, 2016 10:38:34 am
      I wouldn't watch the rest if I was you, mate.

I've turned it off half way through the 2nd quarter. Some of the worst sports play I've ever seen. Have they just pulled a random group of people off the streets to play for them today or something? :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #262: Apr 17, 2016 03:02:43 pm
      I've turned it off half way through the 2nd quarter. Some of the worst sports play I've ever seen. Have they just pulled a random group of people off the streets to play for them today or something? :D

This is pretty much the same squad that was a kick away from a Grand Final in 2014. Then in 2015 they were capable of having incredible matches (such as their first quarter demolition of Hawthorn) but were inconsistent most of the time and finished 9th, just short of qualification for the finals.

And 2016 has started even worse. It's hard to understand what has gone wrong - so many underperformers right now!

The likes of Travis Boak and Ollie Wines are fantastic midfielders but both have been really poor this year. Same goes for the likes of Brad Ebert, Trengove and so on. I fell asleep at some point during the 3rd quarter. I've never seen Port play so badly.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #263: Apr 21, 2016 01:53:32 pm
      I've never seen Port play so badly.

Sadly I have, but we shouldn't be seeing it with this squad. Underperforming to the absolute maximum right now, and deservedly under a lot of scrutiny because of it. Lucky for us Collingwood have been an absolute sh*t show, as have Richmond, otherwise the spotlight would be hovering right over us. As it is there's a lot of pundits thinking 2014 was a fluke, and it's hard to argue with them right now. I know, however, that this squad is capable of great things. Will suck if they don't get it together. Fundamentals of the game seem to have been forgotten in the quest for this fast paced football that we were so good at a few years ago - no point being quick if you can't even execute from the ball up with basic tackling, hand balling, or kicking. Can't get back on defence + bad turnovers = lots of open 50's for the oppo to run in to.

Sidenote: Jared Polec was in my work place two days ago with his missus. Had the pleasure of making him a wood oven pizza, was a nice fella. Bowled a 150 as well :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #264: Apr 23, 2016 10:32:47 am
      About to tuck into Port Adelaide & Geelong. PLEASE don't get battered :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #265: Apr 23, 2016 11:21:15 am
      This game is brutal! Just seen Tom Ruggles (no. 36?) get flattened off the ball and nobody batted an eyelid and then it kicked off bigtime at quarter time! Was waiting for a rugby league style punch up though haha

It was a great first quarter, PA look very much in control. Their kicking has been much better and the ball has been contested a lot more in numerous areas.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #266: Apr 23, 2016 11:57:25 am
      Port have crumbled here. From leading by 24 they now trail by 11 at HT. They were piss poor in the 2nd quarter.

Edit: A* bottle job by Port. Now losing by 25 with 5 mins left in the 3rd.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016 12:37:10 pm by mcarz »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #267: Apr 23, 2016 04:33:14 pm
       :sadlook: :depressed:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #268: Apr 24, 2016 12:44:57 pm
      Actually watching my first AFL game now. Melbourne v Richmond . Not bad. Im understanding it but its still a bit confusing. Richmond are scrappy. They keep scoring but then give up 2 scores. One guy on Richmond keeps starting fights.Everytime they show him he has a hand full of jersey and is shoving someone.

Maybe I should find an AFL team to follow.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #269: Apr 24, 2016 12:53:49 pm
      sh*t. Dude just cheap shotted another player. Elbow behind the head. Nasty f**ker.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #270: Apr 24, 2016 12:58:46 pm
      Get the F**k in, Carlton won their first game in I can't F***ing remember how long!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #271: Apr 24, 2016 11:53:24 pm
      Could see in that first quarter that Port CAN play with the big boys. But as Boaky said in the post match, it's when things start going against them they just don't have the confidence right now to stem the tide. It's an oddity. To score so freely, then to just dry up whilst letting the oppo score freely in turn... it's hard to fathom. Serious work needed, as a very good quality side is being vastly under utilised right now.

Even worse when that F***ing rabble down the road at West Lakes is doing so well. Fuckers, my brother even had the gall to call Port "little brother" the other day. F***ing Crows fans need a history lesson, they wouldn't even be a team if not for Port. cu*ts.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Apr 25, 2016 12:16:17 am
      Could see in that first quarter that Port CAN play with the big boys. But as Boaky said in the post match, it's when things start going against them they just don't have the confidence right now to stem the tide. It's an oddity. To score so freely, then to just dry up whilst letting the oppo score freely in turn... it's hard to fathom. Serious work needed, as a very good quality side is being vastly under utilised right now.

Even worse when that F***ing rabble down the road at West Lakes is doing so well. Fuckers, my brother even had the gall to call Port "little brother" the other day. F***ing Crows fans need a history lesson, they wouldn't even be a team if not for Port. cu*ts.

They played so good in the first quarter but then like you said, Geelong started to get a little bit of confidence, got a couple of scores and then Port just capitulated. Even as somebody new to the sport I can tell there's a good team there but they look a little bit disorganised. There are times when they seem to over-commit in some areas which in turn leaves huge gaps for the opposition in key areas.

I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was seeing the other day/night. On one occasion there was a guy running with the ball and instead of putting some meat on the pass he simply just tapped it to an opponent right in front of him on the edge of his own 50. I genuinely had the impression he was spot fixing it was that bad :D.

Does the problem lie solely with the players or is it a coaching thing? And what was the consensus among fans as to where Port could finish this season? Going off what you and some others have said it seems there were some solid expectations to be at least up there.

Must be annoying for you long time fans having to put up with this sh*t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #273: Apr 25, 2016 05:28:55 am
      Get the F**k in, Carlton won their first game in I can't F***ing remember how long!!!

F**k me the Dockers are awful this year (no offence) to get done by the blues.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #274: Apr 25, 2016 05:31:59 am
      F**k me the Dockers are awful this year (no offence) to get done by the blues.

It's amazing how far they've fallen in just a year

Such a good team still on paper but doing horribly this year, worse than Port which takes some doing!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #275: Apr 26, 2016 10:44:26 pm
      Just watching the Collingwood vs Essendon game from the other day, it's crazy to think there were 90k-100k reds in that stadium a few years ago singing YNWA!

I'm sick of watching blow outs this season, BT Sport always pick the most one sided games to show on TV :D 59-7 and there's still 16 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Quick Reply