Trending Topics

The NBA

Read 107423 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #736: May 25, 2016 08:58:16 am
      Glad Golden State is about out. They should have known better than to take one of Jordan's records away from him (72 wins). This is their punishment ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #737: May 25, 2016 10:12:39 am
      OKC vs Raps in the finals would be ridiculous :D

Still think the Cavs will get home.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #738: May 25, 2016 10:53:30 am
      OKC vs Raps in the finals would be ridiculous :D

Still think the Cavs will get home.

Actually think the Cavs are going to win it. Lebron is fresh and with Kyrie playing well, they are dangerous.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #739: May 26, 2016 04:02:36 am
      Actually think the Cavs are going to win it. Lebron is fresh and with Kyrie playing well, they are dangerous.

Hope so.

I'm an LBJ fanboy. If he wins it with the Cavs against arguably two of the greatest sides and the team that knocks both of them out - greatness confirmed.

Still a way to go though. You know GSW will come out firing next game and it's only 3-2 for the Cavs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #740: May 26, 2016 02:04:40 pm
      Hope so.

I'm an LBJ fanboy. If he wins it with the Cavs against arguably two of the greatest sides and the team that knocks both of them out - greatness confirmed.

Still a way to go though. You know GSW will come out firing next game and it's only 3-2 for the Cavs.

Cavs are coasting though....I mean that game last night.....might as well pencil them in.

OKC is going to beat GSW. Unless Durant and Westbrook don't show  up for any more games I don't see Golden State turning it around. They were much too confident coming off of that season and it goes to show why shooting for records doesn't mean much. They probably should have rotated and rested guys once they had home court locked up. Curry's injury has affected him, don't care what Kerr says.

I think OKC/CLE is  going to be  a really entertaining series.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #741: May 26, 2016 02:13:51 pm
      Cavs are coasting though....I mean that game last night.....might as well pencil them in.

OKC is going to beat GSW. Unless Durant and Westbrook don't show  up for any more games I don't see Golden State turning it around. They were much too confident coming off of that season and it goes to show why shooting for records doesn't mean much. They probably should have rotated and rested guys once they had home court locked up. Curry's injury has affected him, don't care what Kerr says.

I think OKC/CLE is  going to be  a really entertaining series.

I think and hope that it's OKC v Cleveland, too.

Steve Adams has been brilliant for them, too. But the main two have owned it so far. Draymond and Klay have gone cold and as you say, Curry isn't himself. OKC being hard and physical against him has helped, too.

Cleveland were brilliant today. Irving, James and Love all hit 20+ and then you have JR Smith in support and Delly off the bench was great. Just a really well-oiled team at the moment.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #742: May 29, 2016 07:51:20 am
      Life in the bay area still chaps. Don't count us out yet. Klay doing everything he can with Steph hopefully getting a bit of confidence and form back. Game 7 will be wild.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #743: May 30, 2016 04:17:55 am
      Life in the bay area still chaps. Don't count us out yet. Klay doing everything he can with Steph hopefully getting a bit of confidence and form back. Game 7 will be wild.

Clutch fourth quarter by GSW.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #744: May 30, 2016 04:07:46 pm
      Klay Thompson. What a player.
      And the Utah Jazz could have drafted him.

But then again at different points in time the Jazz could have picked the likes of Kawhi Leonard, Parker, Ginobli, DeAndre Jordan, Ibaka, Marc Gasol...

Every team makes mistakes like that in the draft which are a bit unfair to judge in hindsight but Enes Kanter must be one of the most painful mistakes ever - both Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard were still available when the Jazz picked him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #745: May 30, 2016 10:14:40 pm
      No offense Diego lad, but not many people care about the Utah Jazz ;D

In fact I think you are the first Jazz fan I've ever come across.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #746: May 31, 2016 04:08:51 am
      Klay Thompson. What a player.
      And the Utah Jazz could have drafted him.

But then again at different points in time the Jazz could have picked the likes of Kawhi Leonard, Parker, Ginobli, DeAndre Jordan, Ibaka, Marc Gasol...

Every team makes mistakes like that in the draft which are a bit unfair to judge in hindsight but Enes Kanter must be one of the most painful mistakes ever - both Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard were still available when the Jazz picked him.

You have Dante Exum!!! 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

And Enes Kanter is in the playoffs. Utah isn't :f_tongueincheek:

Warriors look like they're going through to play the Cavs. OKC can't really keep up with them.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #747: May 31, 2016 04:32:21 am
      Oh baby. About time the MVP made a statement this series. The repeat is on.
      art1225
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #748: May 31, 2016 08:58:21 am
      It's Cavs-Warriors Finals rematch.

Come on Cavs!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #749: May 31, 2016 11:05:59 am
      Oh baby. About time the MVP made a statement this series. The repeat is on.

Timed it well. OKC choked, though.

Hoping for a Cavs win. If Irving and Love show up then LBJ can do his thing and dominate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #750: May 31, 2016 12:37:33 pm
      Hope the Cavs win and the real MVP gets to hoist the trophy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #751: May 31, 2016 02:18:13 pm
      No offense Diego lad, but not many people care about the Utah Jazz ;D

In fact I think you are the first Jazz fan I've ever come across.

I know, I know :D

I blame John Stockton. He's still my favourite ever basketball player and the reason I became a Jazz fan in the 90's.

My American teams choices make absolutely no sense in geographical terms - Utah, Oakland, Dallas, Tampa Bay! ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #752: May 31, 2016 02:24:29 pm
      You have Dante Exum!!! 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

And Enes Kanter is in the playoffs. Utah isn't :f_tongueincheek:

Warriors look like they're going through to play the Cavs. OKC can't really keep up with them.

Haha I know. Kanter isn't a bad player, but he was the 3rd overall pick! In a draft with the likes of Thompson and Leonard available.

As for Exum, well, he didn't play a single game this season due to injury :( Hoping to see more of him next year.

The Jazz really need a star player like Kevin Durant, they have many solid players but only Gordon Hayward who is a really special game-winner. But if you add a high calibre player to this roster, with the likes of Hayward, Gobert (a defensive machine), Hood, Favors, etc, that's a pretty good playoff team no doubt.

As for the finals: I prefer the GSW as a team but I've learned to respect Lebron a lot as a player recently... I used to love rooting against him, but it would be a very special occasion if he gave a title to Cleveland. So I'm just hoping for 7 amazing games of basketball, no matter who wins it in the end!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #753: Jun 01, 2016 01:52:40 am
      Hope the Cavs win and the real MVP gets to hoist the trophy.

Haha I know. Kanter isn't a bad player, but he was the 3rd overall pick! In a draft with the likes of Thompson and Leonard available.

As for Exum, well, he didn't play a single game this season due to injury :( Hoping to see more of him next year.

The Jazz really need a star player like Kevin Durant, they have many solid players but only Gordon Hayward who is a really special game-winner. But if you add a high calibre player to this roster, with the likes of Hayward, Gobert (a defensive machine), Hood, Favors, etc, that's a pretty good playoff team no doubt.

As for the finals: I prefer the GSW as a team but I've learned to respect Lebron a lot as a player recently... I used to love rooting against him, but it would be a very special occasion if he gave a title to Cleveland. So I'm just hoping for 7 amazing games of basketball, no matter who wins it in the end!

Agree on the LBJ love, gents. If they win it'll be special.

Especially with Delly and Kyrie on the team ;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #754: Jun 01, 2016 04:26:50 am
      Not sure who I want to win Warriors after a record breaking 73 wins or Lebron and the whole fairytale comeback.

Maybe the Cavs but they will need Deli, Kyrie and Love to be on their game every game.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #755: Jun 02, 2016 04:09:06 pm
      Not sure who I want to win Warriors after a record breaking 73 wins or Lebron and the whole fairytale comeback.

Maybe the Cavs but they will need Deli, Kyrie and Love to be on their game every game.

If they nick a win at Oakland it could be enough.

Cavs and LeBron will be verrrrry tough to beat at home.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #756: Jun 02, 2016 04:21:43 pm
      If they nick a win at Oakland it could be enough.

Cavs and LeBron will be verrrrry tough to beat at home.

Done it already this season, bothered :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #757: Jun 02, 2016 04:23:32 pm
      Done it already this season, bothered :P

:D

Different ball game now!

I really can't wait for it. Going to be a tremendous series.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #758: Jun 02, 2016 04:38:11 pm
      :D

Different ball game now!

I really can't wait for it. Going to be a tremendous series.
      This is the one everyone wanted after last season as well lets be honest.

Fully fit Cavs vs the best regular season ever in the NBA. It'll be incredible.

Wonder if the ridiculously easy path the Cavs had to the finals will work against them.

Quick Reply