Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The NBA

Read 107713 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: The NBA
      Reply #92: Jul 10, 2010 12:51:15 pm
      Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert
      Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
      Majority Owner
      Cleveland Cavaliers

Haha! That's some statement. I never really liked Cavs but I would love to see them winning the NBA before Lebron :D Who is such a big ego.. the announcement of his choice was a circus.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #93: Jul 10, 2010 04:06:53 pm
      Now I want the Cavs to win this. Wonder how James would feel if Cavs would beat Miami 4-0 in the finals. :D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #94: Jul 11, 2010 01:06:29 pm
      Now I want the Cavs to win this. Wonder how James would feel if Cavs would beat Miami 4-0 in the finals. :D

Couldn't happen, both the Cavs and Miami are in the East. That and the Cavs have no options now in the free agent market :)
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #95: Jul 11, 2010 03:55:44 pm
      Couldn't happen, both the Cavs and Miami are in the East. That and the Cavs have no options now in the free agent market :)
      I meant the conference final.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #96: Jul 13, 2010 12:01:51 pm
      Lakers will win again. Kobe Bryant is so far ahead of every other player. LeBron and this whole debacle shows what a kid he is compared to Kobe.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #97: Jul 16, 2010 04:27:44 pm
      Funny youtube click about the Lebron move

LEBRON JAMES FLIPS OUT ON CLEVELAND FANS!!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #98: Jul 19, 2010 03:51:59 am
      Cavs owner is a douche though, i personally don't blame Lebron. The owner expected Lebron to carry the team to a final, rather than building a team with him to win it. The Cavs team without Lebron is not that good at all, decent but not great. You look at teams like the Lakers, even without Kobe they are a pretty good team. Same with the Celtics, take a Pierce or Garnett out, still a damn good team. The Cavs were all about Lebron, and he even pushed for other signings to improve the team (for example, he was pushing for the Cavs to sign Bosh a while back, rates him highly)

Not saying Lebron is a saint, as he does push his image a fair bit. But the Cavs were not gonna win a title under the current system of just putting it on Lebron. And now they have paid for that lack of investment in a team rather than one man.

Gilbert just showed why he is a sh*t chairman by being a big sook about the whole thing. Good statement about the title intentions, but sticking the knife into a player that has put them on the map was not on, when he is at fault for not looking outside the box when they had him.

Not an NBA expert, but thats how i see it anyways :D
      RKKay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #99: Aug 28, 2010 02:18:50 pm
      Go Lakers!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #100: Aug 30, 2010 09:22:40 pm
      Not exactly NBA but is anyone watching the 2010 FIBA World Championship?

Brazil just lost to USA now by only 2 points but it was a fantastic game, I'm very surprised with the Brazilian team and almost beating the best team in the world is certainly a big moral boost for the rest of the competition. Also, we didn't have two of our best players due to injury (Varejão and Nenê).

Leandrinho is f***in boss.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #101: Aug 31, 2010 10:13:06 am
      I'm watching it. Can't wait for the Lithuania v Spain match today.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #102: Sep 07, 2010 07:09:23 pm
      Brazil v Argentina just started.

It's a huge game for us, against our biggest rivals in Brazilian Independence Day
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #103: Sep 07, 2010 07:45:52 pm
      2nd quarter just finished.

Brazil 48-46 Argentina so far.

Great game. No one watching?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #104: Sep 07, 2010 08:22:35 pm
      I know nobody cares, but it's 66-66 in the end of the 3rd quarter. I think I'm gonna die.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #105: Sep 07, 2010 08:51:11 pm
      Argentina 93-89 Brazil

I want to die.

Scola scored 37 points. This man is the devil. f***in c**t.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #106: Sep 07, 2010 09:06:40 pm
      I would have watched, didn't wake up in time though :D

Sounds like an awesome game though - apart from the end, sorry Diego!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #107: Sep 07, 2010 09:24:32 pm
      Yeah it was an awesome game. Very frustrating result for me cause Brazil was playing well, even were 6 points ahead of Argentina in the last quarter but they came back and won the game. Scola had one of his better games ever, and we couldn't cope with him. Well, we knew the game could go either way but it's very frustrating how it happened!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #108: Sep 09, 2010 05:14:31 pm
      We'll beat the F**k out of Argentina for you.

Looks like that it will be USA in the semifinal :-\ And Spain got knocked out allready :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #109: Sep 09, 2010 05:43:19 pm
      I watched the Brazil game, Diego. Very unlucky.

Watched the Serbia/Spain game, too. Lots of great games.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #110: Sep 12, 2010 12:46:44 am
      The hosts Turkey beat Serbia in the last moment of the game to reach the final against the USA.

Now come on Turkey, USA winning basketball championships is so boring.

We'll beat the f**k out of Argentina for you.

Thanks a lot for that btw ;D Loved to see Argentina out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #111: Sep 12, 2010 09:37:53 pm
      ... and the USA are the champions after an easy final against Turkey. Boring.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #112: Sep 29, 2010 08:19:46 am
      Womens Basketball worlds on at the moment. Aussies and US both unbeaten at the moment!

NBA starting to get closer - teams in training now. All the hype with Miami, of course. Gonna be fun to see how they go - could either be invincible, or just not work. I think it will work though - I mean they are just too good not to, IMO. James was crying out for better players around him at the Cavs, so now hes got them he has no excuse.

For my Knicks, f**k knows. We have Amar'e, which hopefully will work for us. A few other signings, but I won't get too excited til I see them working on the court. Danillo needs to take the next step, as well. And I would love the thought of Ewing Jr breaking in ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2010 04:58:33 pm by bigvYNWA »
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #113: Oct 27, 2010 12:12:05 am
      Here we go guys, the NBA season starts in 15 minutes with the Heat vs the Celtics. I am ready to watch the new "Big 3" vs the old "Big 3". (Gets his popcorn out) Also later tonight is the Rockets at the Lakers and Portland vs Phoenix.

My team is the Indiana Pacers, I know BigV's is the Knicks, what is everyone else's?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #114: Oct 27, 2010 12:28:51 am
      Go the Knicks baby!! ;D Bit of optimism this season, finally. Last couple of seasons have been a joke with basically throwing everything at getting a player like LeBron - which we had to settle with Amar'e, which is still awesome if he doesn't get injured. Hoping for a more competitive outfit, though pre-season has shown me one thing already - the Knicks game plan is still to try and outscore the opponent (i know how that sounds, of course it is right?) but they focus on attack rather than having a hell of a lot of outstanding defense, if you get my meaning.

Switching the TV on to watch the Heat Celtics matchup while i do some homework.

Oh, and anyone seen this ad? Love it, big F**k you from LeBron to his haters :D

Lebron James New 2010 Nike Commercial "What Should I Do"

Quick Reply