Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Darren Bent?

Read 10997 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Darren Bent?
      May 08, 2007 01:09:49 am
      Now that Charlton are relegated do you think we should go in for Darren Bent? imo we should, proven goalscorer, could play better with better players round him.

id get him.

what you think?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Darren Bent?
      Reply #1: May 08, 2007 01:53:05 am
      Definately think he deserves to play on the bigger stage...I was watching the spurs game today and was thinking exactly this issue...but which team? He won't go to Chavs or Scum...don't really want him at LFC....if Henry leaves Asre maybe he'll be at Arse but unlikely....I reckon he'll be at Villa or Toon before next august....or maybe even Spain....reckon he'd do well there.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #2: May 08, 2007 06:41:09 am
      yeah the toon sounds good for bent
      could be a first signing for the new manager there
      which i hope is big sammy
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #3: May 08, 2007 12:58:00 pm
      why not Liverpool I think Benitez is interested in him, he was last summer apparently.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #4: May 08, 2007 03:46:07 pm
      Why? We can sign players who are so much better. He has had one good season ffs, what has he even done this season?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #5: May 08, 2007 04:38:33 pm
      He is clearly not liverpool class.If we want the premier trophy back home next year,we must get proven world class quality.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #6: May 08, 2007 05:00:32 pm
      hes at Charlton, a team battling to stay up, hes had injuries. Hes got alot of potential and with a big club i think he could turn into something special. i say sign him if we cant get Villa.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: May 08, 2007 10:33:59 pm
      Not to sure if he would hack it at anfield to be honest,hes done well for charlton mind but hes not liverpool class we need to look at a higher class of striker.
      gibbo6 times
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #8: May 08, 2007 10:48:33 pm
      Sorry,but, bent is not the class we are looking for and at prob ten mill i think over priced, dont get me wrong he will be a better player at a bigger club, but when we are talking of signing tevez, villa, torres and maybe henry cannot think rafa has him in main targets maybe if he cant lure these he might get him as a final resort, but honestly cannot see this
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: May 08, 2007 11:57:04 pm
      Permission to lock this topic?

Just joking - no seriously, we can't sign him!

With the likes of getting linked with Eto'o, Torres, Villa, Tevez...

It would be a disaster to sign Bent over them lot!

Imagine having 'Bent' on the back of your shirt. Christ!
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #10: May 09, 2007 12:28:46 pm
      Liverpool have always suffered with foreign strikers settling striaght away, apart from Kuyt.  That's the only reason why i might go along with signing Bent, scored more premiership than any of are current strikers and Charlton are DOWN.  Although with a big kitty, Rafa must be looking at world-class end of the market, just for goals & pace i'd go for e'eto than Villa, personally
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2007 03:52:24 pm
      what we have to ask ourselves now before we sign players is would mufc or chelscum want him if the answers no then do we ?

we have to start eating at the top table now and in that I mean buying the top names & not the 2nd or 3rd tier players we have been for the past 15 years.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #12: May 09, 2007 04:34:32 pm
      Court mate you have my blessing to lock this topic  ;)

Liverpool Football Club now have the money and are getting back the status to attract the best players in the world.
      Players, who are not just Internationals, but are the best Internations in there Country.
      Darren Bent for a start is not an International regular, so WHY on earth would we want to sign him.
      He is not a player to take us up to the required level to win the Prem.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #13: May 09, 2007 05:22:13 pm
      im just saying, if he can score goals at Charlton imagine how many he would score with better players around him creating better oppurtunities
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: May 09, 2007 05:27:58 pm
      Court mate you have my blessing to lock this topic  ;)

Liverpool Football Club now have the money and are getting back the status to attract the best players in the world.
      Players, who are not just Internationals, but are the best Internations in there Country.
      Darren Bent for a start is not an International regular, so WHY on earth would we want to sign him.
      He is not a player to take us up to the required level to win the Prem.

Absolutely spot on. Our level is raised now and we know there is better players than Bent, that we could get.
      One thing that's been a sore point for us for a little while is a striker that is lethal. I wouldn't be too happy if we were to go for Bent over the likes of Villa.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15: May 09, 2007 05:28:23 pm
      im just saying, if he can score goals at Charlton imagine how many he would score with better players around him creating better oppurtunities

You are right...he probably could score more at bigger club but its like saying gary neville would get laid more in a home for blind ex prostitues....true but it doesn't make him Cassanova? We want the dogs bollocks and not a little slap and tickle in a dark alley......I think my analogy makes sense even though the thought of Neville....feeling a little sick now...
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: May 09, 2007 11:36:04 pm
      You are right...he probably could score more at bigger club but its like saying gary neville would get laid more in a home for blind ex prostitues....true but it doesn't make him Cassanova? We want the dogs bollocks and not a little slap and tickle in a dark alley......I think my analogy makes sense even though the thought of Neville....feeling a little sick now...

:D :D :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #17: May 10, 2007 06:44:19 am

ha ha i like that, but you have to feel sorry for the blind persons dog. ;D ;D

No to bent, there is a lot better out there
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: May 10, 2007 09:34:40 am
      Ha ha, everyone is going off-topic now.

Unfortunately I will have to keep this topic open - otherwise I will get backhanded by JD!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #19: May 10, 2007 10:10:37 am
      as said before Darren Bent is ok and would probably be ok for a club chasing the Uefa Cup but were better than that and I dont think he would be a very good signing, we should be going for proven would class players and esp a world class striker as that is the one major area we have been missing the last couple of years.....
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #20: May 10, 2007 09:00:02 pm
      I think your wrong about Bent and I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. He's scored 11 this year in a injury hit season and playing for a team that has been relegated. He will score 20 league goals a season if he is playing for a top side. We can say we want the best in World but Bent has proven he will score goals in the Prem, Morrientes has 3 European cup winners medals but couldn't play in England. Shevchenko is as good as you will find in European football, he's rubbish in England though. So there will be no grantees of goals if we were to sign Eto, Villa or Torres. So I wouldn't mind the Lad.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #21: May 10, 2007 09:14:04 pm
      Crazy Horse,

Completely agree with you mate, proven premiership pedigree, spending money on the likes of Villa/Torres would be a waste.... they perform in the spanish league due to a slower pace; just look at Nando, he's banging them in over there.

Bent reminds me of Owen in his predator instinct and movement of the ball, ideal to link up with the likes of Kuyt and Crouch and he is still young, I think playing alongside the likes of G and Alonso can only be beneficial to him and to the club
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #22: May 11, 2007 03:00:01 pm
      His cost?

Quick Reply