Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Darren Bent?

Read 11000 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Re: Darren Bent?
      Reply #69: Jun 17, 2007 10:42:32 pm
      sorry havnt posted in a while been on holiday in the lakes (meh).

anyway apparently we bid Ā£12 million for bent, now weighing up the options why dont we get owen foir Ā£9 million? surely now he would realise his mistakes and come back to us. hes performed at world cup level never mind champions league level. something which Bent hasnt yet done.

Benitez may not like him, but according to Gerrards autobiography Benitez dosent have a relationship with his players anyway, soz his own personal feeling shouldnt come into it, Michael Owen is a better buy for Ā£9 million than Bent for Ā£12 million.

but as ive always said: In Rafa We Trust.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #70: Jun 19, 2007 02:06:25 pm
       general news just in ;

cisse almost certain to stay in France  he is close (as reported) to signing a extention with them having first option to buy him at the end of that season.....

bloody hell ..

why the hell cant we get rid of this pr**k he is so not wanted and he s wages are 55k per week, at least that will be off the wage bill for another year but i cant help  but thinking just get rid end off hes a pr**k >:(
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #71: Jun 19, 2007 02:17:10 pm
      general news just in ;

cisse almost certain to stay in France  he is close (as reported) to signing a extention with them having first option to buy him at the end of that season.....

bloody hell ..

why the hell cant we get rid of this pr**k he is so not wanted and he s wages are 55k per week, at least that will be off the wage bill for another year but I cant help  but thinking just get rid end off hes a pr**k >:(

Afternoon samcharles i see the prozac hasn't kicked in yet!.. could you if you have the time explain to me why Cisse warrants such an attack from you and i am especially keen to find out why you think he is a pr**k.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #72: Jun 19, 2007 08:21:35 pm
      Does samcharles have an opinion on everything?

This thread is relating to Darren Bent and we should STOP the speculation now as he WILL NOT be coming to Anfiled.

Ed,

Please lock it up before somebody starts to believe that Bent is coming!!!!!!!!!!

:ontopic:
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #73: Jun 20, 2007 12:05:42 am
      Don't lock the thread so soon, you may not want Darren Bent and opinion on the board is certainly divided but I think there is a very real chance that Bent could sign for The 'Pool and I wouldn't be Supprised. His price tag is inflated but we need a striker. All the other big names that we have been linked with through out Europe may not move or even want to come to us. Bearing that in mind and the fact that Darren Bent has proved he will score goals in the Premiership, I think this deal might happen.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #74: Jun 20, 2007 12:28:54 am
      To be fair the lad HAS delivered for the past two seasons for a struggling charlton side and at the end of the day is proven in the premiership. I for one am sick of the amount of strikers we sign from a forign league with apparantly 'great' goalscoring records who time and time again fail to deiliver. Morietnes , cisse and to an extent although he is still a really good player and worker to have in the squad Dirk Kuyt have all failed to adapt and hit the 20 league goals mark we all despertaley crave.
      In my opinion i think everyone is in a way getting carried away with the fact we seem to have a hefty transfer budget and belive we should be signing etoo and players of his nature but a prime example of why this is not always the best option is the bad season shevchenko and ballack have just endured for chelsea.
      also the fact berbatov has been a huge success although his goalscoring record in the bundesliga wasnt as good as cisse's in ligue un.
      im not saying we should definatley sign bent and that he will be a huge success @ anfield but i dont see why he dose not have the potential to do so over anyother of our striking transfer targets
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #75: Jun 20, 2007 05:06:37 am
      To be fair the lad HAS delivered for the past two seasons for a struggling charlton side and at the end of the day is proven in the premiership. I for one am sick of the amount of strikers we sign from a forign league with apparantly 'great' goalscoring records who time and time again fail to deiliver. Morietnes , cisse and to an extent although he is still a really good player and worker to have in the squad Dirk Kuyt have all failed to adapt and hit the 20 league goals mark we all despertaley crave.
      In my opinion I think everyone is in a way getting carried away with the fact we seem to have a hefty transfer budget and belive we should be signing etoo and players of his nature but a prime example of why this is not always the best option is the bad season shevchenko and ballack have just endured for chelsea.
      also the fact berbatov has been a huge success although his goalscoring record in the bundesliga wasnt as good as cisse's in ligue un.
      im not saying we should definatley sign bent and that he will be a huge success @ anfield but I dont see why he dose not have the potential to do so over anyother of our striking transfer targets
      it takes time to adapt to the premier league style of play....its a physical league where strikers do not have much time on the ball....in spain, it is quite different...strikers have time to do as they please around the 18yrd box. you cant say they 'failed' after only being with us for 12 months...
      give cisse a break, he broke his leg...
      give these guys a chance...morientes went back to valencia, and had a great season...
      so they just need time and patience to adapt to the EPL....
      we havent won an EPL due to our lack of goal scoring...
      would you be proud to wear a darren bent jumper?? i know i wouldnt...he is way over priced...
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Darren Bent? OVERPRICED..................
      Reply #76: Jun 20, 2007 09:01:42 am
      this guy is totally over priced and we all know it the game has really now gone over the top  17 mill for bent is just totally OTT.

END OFF >:(
      sinan reds to death
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #77: Jun 20, 2007 09:24:49 am
      Don't lock the thread so soon, you may not want Darren Bent and opinion on the board is certainly divided but I think there is a very real chance that Bent could sign for The 'Pool and I wouldn't be Supprised. His price tag is inflated but we need a striker. All the other big names that we have been linked with through out Europe may not move or even want to come to us. Bearing that in mind and the fact that Darren Bent has proved he will score goals in the Premiership, I think this deal might happen.
      thats is right friend, he is the most good striker to the reds because he knows what he is dealing with and his experience with primership is so good and he is young ,also , he likes to score goals and he is the striker no. 1 at his team so he is the perfect deal to us .
      don't you agree?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #78: Jun 20, 2007 10:07:05 am
      I was under the impression that Spurs are favourites to sign him as Liverpool have only shown a passing interest in the lad as we have ā€œother targetsā€ in mind, so I would hold fire before you all rush out and get Bentā€¦.. on your shirt that is. ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #79: Jun 20, 2007 11:14:18 am

:D :D :D

PMSL
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #80: Jun 20, 2007 11:35:34 pm
      it takes time to adapt to the premier league style of play....its a physical league where strikers do not have much time on the ball....in spain, it is quite different...strikers have time to do as they please around the 18yrd box. you cant say they 'failed' after only being with us for 12 months...
      give these guys a chance...morientes went back to valencia, and had a great season...
      so they just need time and patience to adapt to the EPL....
      we havent won an EPL due to our lack of goal scoring...
      would you be proud to wear a darren bent jumper?? I know I wouldnt...he is way over priced...
      to be fair though they did fail as they didnt hit the amount of goals that we require in a top striker. although they only had 12 months each it was plain to see they were never going to deliver , Cisse's only asset is his pace and thier are many quick players who also have at least the vaugest amount of composure in front of goal. As for Morientes he like you said could not adapt to the EPL , he had a good season in Spain after he left us because he is good in Spain , just cant hack it in the prem , simple as.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #81: Jun 29, 2007 12:42:58 am

;D.  Serious or sarcastic?  Shall I install a poll?  :D

Anyway. YES!  Bent has signed for Tottenham for 16 million!!!  So glad we were not suckered into buying him!!

SPURS AGREE FEE FOR ADDICKS ACE

Sky Sports News understands Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a fee to sign Darren Bent from Charlton Athletic.

Bent has been strongly tipped to move to White Hart Lane after Charlton's relegation from the Premier League last season.

West Ham United matched the Addicks' valuation of the striker earlier this month, only for the England international to reject a move to Upton Park.

Reports have persisted in recent days that Spurs have been closing in on the signing of the former Ipswich Town marksman.

According to Sky Sports News, Bent is now expected to undergo a medical on Friday before agreeing personal terms with Spurs.

Charlton chief executive Peter Varney told Sky Sports News earlier in the week that no other clubs had yet come up with an offer to match the asking price for the 23-year-old.

But it now appears that Spurs have met Charlton's demands, with previous reports suggesting West Ham had offered in the region of Ā£17million.

If the North London club finalise a swoop for Bent, it would provide Martin Jol with an enviable forward line for next season, which also comprises Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe.

:D :D :D

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #82: Jun 29, 2007 01:08:51 am
      It's all good news, it'll shut up all the fans saying "lets sign Bent instead of Torres, he's already proven in the Prem"

Ā£16m though, what a waste!

Anyway good night be back on here when Torres signs for us!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #83: Jun 29, 2007 11:29:00 am
      Ā£16.5m with another Ā£1m to pay pending on performance!! I've always liked Bent and wouldn't of been disappointed if we had of signed him. The fee is ridiculous though. If we do sign Torres it'll be interesting to see who scores the most goals, Him or Bent!

Quick Reply