Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

David Silva (Manchester City)

Read 216605 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      David Silva (Manchester City)
      May 08, 2007 12:39:24 pm
      I have it on good authority from a source in Spain (he knew about the Morientes & Arbeloa deals before it was mentioned in the press over here, so he's pretty reliable) that ourselves & Real Madrid have been casting an eye over this lad with a view to a bid in the summer. I've only watched him play a couple of times this season, but he's impressed me in those couple of games, an out & out left winger who beats his man & gets a cross in 9 times out of 10, and from what I've been told I didn't just watch him on a good night. He has dislodged Vicente from the Valencia starting line up, so he must have something about him anyway.

What does everyone think? Personally I'd be happy enough from what I've seen, on the left we need someone who can get the ball into the box most of the time, and Silva seems more than capable of doing that.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010 12:31:32 pm by CRK, Reason: Bastard »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: David Silva (Valencia)
      Reply #1: May 08, 2007 06:11:35 pm
      Everytime I've seen him play he hasn't looked like an out and out winger.....he seems to drift in alot...which is fine....He links up with Villa really well and has a good footballing brain....but are you sure he's a winger? Vicente is but Silva? more of a left sided attacking mid....I realise its semantics but we need an out and out winger don't we? Tell me I'm wrong and I'm happy as he is technically very good....he's got the best out of Morientes after all so he's got some ability!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #2: May 10, 2007 02:01:34 pm
      Have to say I've not really seen anything of him to be honest, on the other hand i'm a massive fan of Vicente and if he's dislodged him he must be a bit special, have to wait and see tho but I imagine that he'd be alot cheaper than Vicente aswell??

Why does evertbody seem to want an out and winger? if were gonna be playing 4-2-3-1 (which I think we we'll be) surly we need a attacking midfielder on the left and right not so much of the out and out winger?? That would be more for the 4-4-2??
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #3: May 11, 2007 02:28:05 pm
      he is the revelation of the season in spain, valencia does not sell he easily
      sk
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #4: May 11, 2007 03:14:18 pm
      His been to anfield on several occasions this season and spent last Xmas with Rafa whilst la l liga was off for the hols. looked good against chelski. Dpends on the price, must have a big buy out clause.
      Thomas2007
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #5: May 13, 2007 05:23:13 pm
      It will take alot of time to think of that  >:( >:D
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #6: May 13, 2007 09:00:22 pm
      David Silva would be a great buy i don't think he's an out an out winger but i think he could play that role every time i what him he seems to get better an better he'll surely be one of Europe's great talents.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #7: May 13, 2007 09:28:44 pm
      any youtube links ?
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #8: May 13, 2007 10:31:06 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldxivhMiERg
      Villa and Silva are both great but one has a 60 euro buy out clause the other 40.
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2007 10:32:42 pm by camara14 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      David Silva (Valencia)
      Reply #9: Dec 25, 2007 02:59:56 pm
      Yes? no?

I say yes. Rafa has a tie with Valencia which can only be a good thing, they are out of the CL, struggling in the league and could lose their boss soon.

Good news :)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Dec 25, 2007 04:19:08 pm
      Spot of turmoil going on at the club apparently? Would cost a tidy sum I reckon though.
      aditya
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -3 
      • We won it 5 times baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Reply #11: Dec 25, 2007 11:55:45 pm
      Yeah,I agree with crouchino,but we should buy a good defender soon as Hyppia will retire and we have an abundance of strikers and good quality midfielders.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Dec 26, 2007 02:10:58 pm
      I would say roughly 15 million maybe 20 at definite most. Maybe Riise and 10 million or something unless we use Riise in a deal with Villa ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #13: Dec 26, 2007 08:41:39 pm
      yes yes yes. fantastic player, talented, young, bundles of talent.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #14: Dec 27, 2007 11:13:38 am
      yes very talented but however CB must be priority with Big Sami possibly injured we could be left shirt at the back. Becasue Riise cant fill that role.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #15: Dec 27, 2007 11:48:33 am
      Our first priority is still a winger IMO...Apart from Kewell, who still has injury clouds, and Pennant, who frankly cant do anything except cross the ball, we don't have a winger at all who can provide consistent crosses...and Silva also beats his man with regularity.
      15 million pounds thank you very much.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Dec 27, 2007 07:48:56 pm
      i think he is better than quaresma & Rafa have good friends at Valencia and that will make it much better. i think it will cost us about 17million. he is allrounder ( knows how to pass cross shot & he have good mentality. hope that Santa bring him for us
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #17: Dec 31, 2007 12:16:59 pm
      If we can get the 17million+ needed then he could become a liverpool star. He has worked with torres during internationals and he has a amazing left foot. I would snatch him before anyone else does.
      Torres *9
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 01, 2008 09:35:14 am
      yes i think we shud get this lad very talented but i think we shud look for a defender now and maybe look at buying him in the summer as a replacement for kewell who might go
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2008 04:57:55 pm
      We should defo buy him!!! Rafa r u reading this? buy him and villa they r both mint!!!!! But dont sell riise he is a legend!
      LPJD
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -2 
      David Silva (Valencia)
      Reply #20: Jun 14, 2008 01:29:59 pm
      David Silva- Young, a left winger and spanish. Is he what we need?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Jun 14, 2008 01:43:53 pm
      Sorry LPJD but there is one going for this as well ??? If you want to see if there is a topic already posted...chose the forum tab and in the little white box that appears under the date in the right hand corner, type in the key words and hit enter. It will tell you if there already is a topic.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2536.0.html
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Jun 14, 2008 02:23:37 pm
      No probs.  Just have a look to see if the topic has already been started LPJD.  :)

Quick Reply