Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

David Silva (Manchester City)

Read 215916 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: David Silva (Valencia)
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2008 04:08:42 pm
      He isn't an out-and-out winger, he is simply a attacking mid-fielder which is where it seems would fit our side. If we want out-and-out wingers we wouldn't be getting rid of Pennant and would be selling Yossi who is similar to Silva in position sense.

As I said in the Villa thread if we were going to buy someone from Valenica it would be Silva rather than Villa (though I wouldn't complain too much if indeed we got Villa). He isn't as a explosive with his pace as some attacking-mids are but he is very good with his feet in both hitting great balls into the box and shooting the ball. Also has very good movement which is important as well. I think he would be a good fit to play on the right sides of the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

or me he addresses a need which is why I would be very happy if we got him and he is still young at 22 years old.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2008 04:25:10 pm
      He is a young and talented player. He isn't exactly a natural winger like Pennant, but he can play there very well. Also, if we are going to stay with the 4-2-3-1 system, then he can play on this formation in both sides and even on Gerrard's role as attacking center midfielder if needed.

He would be my perfect signing for this season, cause he is exactly what we need. People talk about Villa, but as much as I would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt, my priority would be Silva.

David Silva and Rafael Van der Vaart would be my top targets if I had the Liverpool manager job :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Jun 14, 2008 04:34:54 pm
      I'd rather Sneijder over Van Der Vaart. I've seen him play both games in the Euro's, awesome player.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Jun 14, 2008 04:38:52 pm
      I'd rather Sneijder over Van Der Vaart. I've seen him play both games in the Euro's, awesome player.

By that logic shouldn't we just keep Kuyt on the right? He's played immaculately out on the right for the Dutch. Maybe a Milner for Pennant swap is what we need. :f_tongueincheek:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: Jun 14, 2008 05:09:49 pm
      I'm a fan of Sneijder as well, I even watched a lot of Real Madrid games in the begining of the last season to see how he was going to do here. But as said above, you cant judge players just for a couple of matches, right? I still prefer Van der Vaart, but they are both very good. And it would be much easier to buy a player from Hamburg than Real Madrid, I think...
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Jun 17, 2008 01:25:48 pm
      The Nerazzurri are currently in the process of dealing for Roma's Amantino Mancini. However, if that move fails to materialise then Jose Mourinho will swoop for Silva as an alternative.

The former Chelsea coach is keen on on the Los Che winger and he is planning to use him on the left with Ricardo Quaresma out on the right if the Porto player arrives in Milan.

Silva has been impressive for Valencia and he has attracted interest from several major European teams.

Corriere Dello Sport claims that Los Che are demanding no less than €35m but Inter are confident that they can swoop for around €30m.

However, it will not be easy to prize the player away as Liverpool had their offer turned down last year. Barcelona also had their €25m bid rejected last month after Begiristain tried to land the player

source talkaloadofbull.com

$35 MIL Well out of our price range .
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #29: Jun 17, 2008 01:34:16 pm
      The Nerazzurri are currently in the process of dealing for Roma's Amantino Mancini. However, if that move fails to materialise then Jose Mourinho will swoop for Silva as an alternative.

The former Chelsea coach is keen on on the Los Che winger and he is planning to use him on the left with Ricardo Quaresma out on the right if the Porto player arrives in Milan.

Silva has been impressive for Valencia and he has attracted interest from several major European teams.

Corriere Dello Sport claims that Los Che are demanding no less than €35m but Inter are confident that they can swoop for around €30m.

However, it will not be easy to prize the player away as Liverpool had their offer turned down last year. Barcelona also had their €25m bid rejected last month after Begiristain tried to land the player

source talkaloadofbull.com

$35 MIL Well out of our price range .
      theres a reason the link has changed into talkaloadofbull, mate! It's not the most reliable source in the world!
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2008 05:11:06 pm by Liverbird »
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2008 02:41:59 pm
      Yeh talkaloadofbull.com isn't the most reliable source. Can I ask Eddie, why your so sure we will get Silva, your certainly not one to get hope up on pure speculation. It can only be good news :).
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2008 10:13:54 pm
      I think we will get him after Euros... ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Jun 17, 2008 10:15:12 pm
      I think we will get him after Euros... ;)

You know something we don't?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #33: Jun 17, 2008 10:21:45 pm
      We'll know come the end of Euros I guess  ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Jun 17, 2008 10:27:12 pm
      We'll know come the end of Euros I guess  ;D

Would love to have him here. Had a top class game against Russia.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #35: Jun 17, 2008 10:37:10 pm
      Would love to have him here. Had a top class game against Russia.

I thought he looked great too. One of those left footed players who you watch thinking they could beat 5 players with 3 touches of the ball. Looks to be a brilliant crosser of the ball too. Something we have been missing for a long long time.

The way he picks up the ball and runs at defenders with confidence breaths an air of J. Barnes.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Jun 19, 2008 11:41:01 pm
      Rafa Benitez may have to go cap in hand to Liverpool's American owners again after identifying £20million-rated Spain winger David Silva as the answer to his search for more width.

The Liverpool manager believes he can talk Valencia into parting with a player dubbed the new Pablo Aimar but may have greater difficulty persuading co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to meet the asking price.

Already having to wheel and deal to raise £15million for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, Benitez has been made aware funds are scarce.

He sees the capture of 22-year old Silva, who can operate on either flank or just behind the main striker, as a statement of intent, though, and is exploring ways of funding a deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Mail on Sunday.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #37: Jun 20, 2008 12:41:43 am
      Rafa Benitez may have to go cap in hand to Liverpool's American owners again after identifying £20million-rated Spain winger David Silva as the answer to his search for more width.

The Liverpool manager believes he can talk Valencia into parting with a player dubbed the new Pablo Aimar but may have greater difficulty persuading co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to meet the asking price.

Already having to wheel and deal to raise £15million for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, Benitez has been made aware funds are scarce.

He sees the capture of 22-year old Silva, who can operate on either flank or just behind the main striker, as a statement of intent, though, and is exploring ways of funding a deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Mail on Sunday.

Damn beat me too it haha.

Hope we can get him, this sounds like some positive news that we are still interested in him. Hopefully the Americans will part with some money for us to get him, i dont see why we shouldnt be able to raise £20 million for him, we already have £20 million technically, the 15 we offered villa for barry and the 4 we just got from the sale of riise.

Hoping (so much) that we can get him, would benefit us so much.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Jun 20, 2008 01:01:54 am
      Really hope Rafa can get the funds, he could be the answer to our wing problems
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #39: Jun 20, 2008 02:29:28 am
      What I tell ya?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Jun 20, 2008 06:33:36 am

No need to get cocky, i dont believe it untill Rafa comes out and says he is interested or Silva is in a red shirt.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #41: Jun 20, 2008 06:45:29 am
      "Cap in hand"?! Whose F***ing idea was it to sell this club to the Americans again?

Parry you are a gigantic tw*t!  :f_steam:
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #42: Jun 20, 2008 06:58:50 am
      No need to get cocky, I dont believe it untill Rafa comes out and says he is interested or Silva is in a red shirt.

Yeah I know. A little birdy told me it may have been a certain Rick Parry that leaked it to the press to put pressure on the Americans to pony up the cash for fear of further backlash from the fans.
      « Last Edit: Jun 20, 2008 07:22:56 am by kopkiwi »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Jun 20, 2008 07:00:25 am
      Hmm. Makes sense, although does Rick have the balls to do it?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #44: Jun 20, 2008 07:23:55 am

He's done it before.

The Birdy said he may also be doing it as a small piece of the puzzle to push out the Yanks and get DIC in. "Right a wrong" is the term that was coined.

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2008 07:30:54 am by kopkiwi »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Jun 20, 2008 07:30:29 am
      I don't think so 'cos he does not have balls! ;) :P

Quick Reply